Ditto

http://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/eccentric.shtml

With the addition of Ditto's new ability eccentric ditto can now copy an opposing pokemon without wasting a turn to transform. This is a massive change for ditto as it essecially means that ditto is effectively any pokemon on your opponents team at any time with ditto's HP.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/transform

Assuming the transformation is still the same as transform this would also mean that ditto could come in to a stat boosted poke and copy it leaving it to a speed tie to determine who goes first unless you added a choice scarf or the like to the ditto.

Edit: Therefore, ditto can theoretically effectively outspeed every pokemon in the game not holding a scarf with a choice scarf on turn 1

Discuss this change!

Still too much of a gimmick imo for any serious battler. Who wants to rely on a 50/50 speed tie to see who wins a game? This will be used by a lot of newbs at the bottom of the ladder though i think.

Doesn't transform not copy the item? Meaning that if you give ditto choice scarf, it would always go faster than the opponent, making sure you can beat them without a speed tie. (does quick powder still work if ditto's transformed?)

Christ. Choice Scarf Ditto could become one of the most solid revenge killers around, assuming eccentric copies boosts too.

If he manages to switch in on a boosting move he can cut down Lucario, Tyranitar, Gyarados, all Dragons, that mole, Ghost candle and I'm sure tons of others. If we get lucky and eccetric only works when you initially switch in you could steal the boosts of a dragon and start sweeping with a +2 / +2 Onono dragon. HP EVs makes your copy have effectively base 77 HP, which isn't terrible compared to some things he will be cloning.

Doesn't transform not copy the item? Meaning that if you give ditto choice scarf, it would always go faster than the opponent, making sure you can beat them without a speed tie. (does quick powder still work if ditto's transformed?)
yeah I added that in but since the species changes only C Scarf could be used not the powder.

Well, if this ability like trace gets priority over the opponents attack when switching it in. It works kinda like trace porygon2 on jolteon ect.

For example the zebra with moterdrive and lightningrod. If you switch ditto in on moterdrive zebra using wild bolt or something, you transform into it (including previous boosts) and even get an extra speedboost due to your new moterdrive.

Rinse repeat for waterabsorb (CM suicine with waterabsorb and roar, you can try to ror it out now), flash fire, pokemon using attacks they are immune for themselves.

This way ditto becomes a lot more usefull, and even may be useable. But only if it has trace priority.

I would assume due to positioning being a factor it would copy the thing in the same position as you.

Has anyone obtained one?

At one point me and one of my friends had thought of Scarf Ditto, it sounded great on paper but the turn you transformed usually was the last turn Ditto did anything because of it's whopping Base 48 defenses. But now this Ditto will only take entry hazards damage and is hopefully more viable and will actually catch people by surprise. OU Ditto anyone?

Giving this guy a scarf does make him a very potent revenge killer. Basically every SD/DD/NP/Agility user is killed by this set. Not to mention, after you kill them you keep there boosts. Besides stat boosters, he can come in on non-scarftran, Specs-Rotom, and such. Although I am not entirely sure, this guy may just change the metagame enough that pokemon refuse to use moves that are super-effective against themselves in fear of ditto.

I have just one question, does he copy the other pokemon's stats after calculating choice items or before?

I'm really interested in how useful this will make Ditto. Hopefully it's like Trace and happens when you switch in. If it also copied the opponent's stat boosts then that'd be awesome!

Oh do I love pink blobs...

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
So Pokejungle was right all along. I finally found the ability!

Yeah, you can basically turn your ditto into the the ultimate bandaid. (Choice Scarf Doryuuzu checks Doryuuzu etc)
Very cool.

Giving this guy a scarf does make him a very potent revenge killer. Basically every SD/DD/NP/Agility user is killed by this set. Not to mention, after you kill them you keep there boosts. Besides stat boosters, he can come in on non-scarftran, Specs-Rotom, and such. Although I am not entirely sure, this guy ma just change the metagame enough that pokemon refuse to use moves that are super-effective against themselves if fear of ditto.

I have just one question, does he copy the other pokemon's stats after calculating choice items or before?
Since ditto copies the current stats of the pokemon ditto should copy the scarf add on and effectively be able to outspeed every pokemon in the game on turn 1

Since ditto copies the current stats of the pokemon ditto should copy the scarf add on and effectively be able to outspeed every pokemon in the game on turn 1
So if you slap a choice-scarf on ditto, it's not even a 50/50 chance of revenging (assuming the opponent has moves to KO itself), but your alway's able to? That's interesting. Lol magnezone (just be sure to catch a ditto with HP-ground, I beleive HP-type doesn't get copied right?)

Direcly from Smogon

Transforms into the target, copying its stats (except HP), moves (at 5 PP each), type, weight, and ability. The stats are copied exactly, without regard to EVs, IVs, and level. IVs of the target are copied for purposes of Hidden Power, as well. Transform copies the target's species, which means that DeapSeaScale, DeepSeaTooth, Light Ball, Metal Powder, Quick Powder, Soul Dew, and Thick Club activate only if the target is the correct species. Level is not copied, so a low level Pokemon does less damage than a high level Pokemon when using the same move (because the attacker's level is part of the damage formula).

Choice Band, Choice Scarf, and Choice Specs keep their boost upon Transforming. The Transforming Pokemon is allowed to select a new move.

If a Pokemon Transforms into Giratina-O, it will instantly revert to the altered forme of Giratina, as it is not holding the Griseous Orb item.

This means that the new ability will not copy your opponents scarf. Unfortunately, this means no revenge killing Scarf-Flygon.

To another note, I am disappointed that it doesn't copy HP, as such we can try to revenge bulky pokemon like CroCune and CurseLax because we cant OHKO them but they can OHKO us.

Direcly from Smogon

Transforms into the target, copying its stats (except HP), moves (at 5 PP each), type, weight, and ability. The stats are copied exactly, without regard to EVs, IVs, and level. IVs of the target are copied for purposes of Hidden Power, as well. Transform copies the target's species, which means that DeapSeaScale, DeepSeaTooth, Light Ball, Metal Powder, Quick Powder, Soul Dew, and Thick Club activate only if the target is the correct species. Level is not copied, so a low level Pokemon does less damage than a high level Pokemon when using the same move (because the attacker's level is part of the damage formula).

Choice Band, Choice Scarf, and Choice Specs keep their boost upon Transforming. The Transforming Pokemon is allowed to select a new move.

If a Pokemon Transforms into Giratina-O, it will instantly revert to the altered forme of Giratina, as it is not holding the Griseous Orb item.

This means that the new ability will not copy your opponents scarf. Unfortunately, this means no revenge killing Scarf-Flygon.

To another note, I am disappointed that it doesn't copy HP, as such we can try to revenge bulky pokemon like CroCune and CurseLax because we cant OHKO them but they can OHKO us.
"The stats are copied exactly"

I don't see how you wouldn't copy the stat increase of the scarf as well

Even if Ditto uses a Choice Scarf, it still will only speed tie with the opponent's Pokemon if they use Dragon Dance on the turn Ditto switches in. Ditto will Trasform right as it is sent in and the opponent will get the DD off afterwards so Ditto won't copy the boosts. To me, using Ditto still seems really gimicky but it would probably be best used against Calm Mind/Curse Pokemon since it will copy the Def boosts as well. Ditto's HP is still really low, so it probably won't be able to take many hits even with the boosts.

Weird, the data we have so far says that his Dream World ability is "Jack of All Trades", which boosts non-STAB attacks. I was wondering if Transform changed somehow so that Ditto retains his own ability. Eccentric makes much more sense, though, and it's exactly what I was hoping for.

Even if Ditto uses a Choice Scarf, it still will only speed tie with the opponent's Pokemon if they use Dragon Dance on the turn Ditto switches in. Ditto will Trasform right as it is sent in and the opponent will get the DD off afterwards so Ditto won't copy the boosts. To me, using Ditto still seems really gimicky but it would probably be best used against Calm Mind/Curse Pokemon since it will copy the Def boosts as well. Ditto's HP is still really low, so it probably won't be able to take many hits even with the boosts.
With max HP it gets 77 base HP which isn't terrible. Ditto has a 50/50 chance of beating a Dragon Dancer switching in, unless it comes in through a revenge kill or slow U-turn, in which case it will steal all the boosts and be faster.

In fact, fuck it. Let Ononono-whatever Dragon Dance up to +6. Who cares if he kills something, because you now have a slightly tougher Ditto that is much faster and just as strong. Outraaaage.

This could be the best revenge killer- most sweepers either hit themselves SE or don't have the defenses to survive their own attacks.
Doryuuzu is weak to EQ, Shanderaa is weak to Shadow ball, dragons are weak to Outrage, blaziken and nape can take their fighting attacks, Gyrados commonly carries stone edge, etc.

Plus then you get to steal their sweeps- assuming you can kill the rest of their team with 1 move. At the very least you get a strong hit on one poke.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)