Comprehensive list of pre-existing move/ability/mechanic changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd stuff about TWave. I'd been up for about 30 hours-ish straight.

I still could swear I got paralyzed.

Damnit, we really need Pokesav or something.

Wrap: 90 Accuracy (from 85)

Really? When I had it on Tom (my Smugleaf) it still had 15 BP or whatever it was, iirc. This makes me doubt the whole list.

EDIT: I'm stupid. I thought that was BP, not accuracy. :P I guess I'll keep Tackle on him for a while, then.

EDITEDIT: Maybe Thrash will be good on CB Tauros now...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQIK0u87RBo

UPDATE HD VERSION:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8BYTbABT-I

here you go I posted it on your thread on the other site too.
I hate to break it to you, but you just confirmed that でんきエンジン -- Motor Drive is immune to Thunder Wave, not ひらいしん -- Lightningrod.

Could you try it again against a Lightningrod variant? And the ability name appears on the yellow/orange strip of the notice when an ability activates, so just try and match it with the Japanese characters I've put above to confirm.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've noticed an important change to Torment.

Last gen, if your Pokemon was faster and used Torment against a Pokemon that was about to use the same move it used last turn, that move still worked that turn. Now, Torment will prevent that move from working.
debunked.

I wonder if the fact that Me First has a listed power of 1 means it will trigger Sucker Punch now.

EDIT: Also, multi-hit moves DO break through Focus Sash (and possibly Sturdy) now. I ran into a Focus Sash user in the Battle Subway. The second Rock Blast hit triggered the Sash, then the next hit took it down.

Also a change worth noting for petal dance/outrage/thrash:

Effect ends without causing confusion if this attack's type is ineffective against opponent's types

EDIT: Also, multi-hit moves DO break through Focus Sash (and possibly Sturdy) now. I ran into a Focus Sash user in the Battle Subway. The second Rock Blast hit triggered the Sash, then the next hit took it down.
Looks like they only break through Focus Sash if they trigger it before the last hit, since it activated it anyway.

I hate to break it to you, but you just confirmed that でんきエンジン -- Motor Drive is immune to Thunder Wave, not ひらいしん -- Lightningrod.

Could you try it again against a Lightningrod variant? And the ability name appears on the yellow/orange strip of the notice when an ability activates, so just try and match it with the Japanese characters I've put above to confirm.
My bad I got the hiragana mixed up
but its still the same as I prove it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eUygTN6Pjg

Im certain its ひらいしん now.

You mean if the attack's type is not very effective?

So Outrage would not cause confusion if it hits a steel type at the turn it's supposed to end?

It only doesn't confuse if it's ineffective against the target, meaning the target is immune. For Outrage, the only thing that applies to is Wonder Guard.

My bad I got the hiragana mixed up
but its still the same as I prove it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eUygTN6Pjg

Im certain its ひらいしん now.
Thank you. Perfect, irrefutable proof that Thunder Wave doesn't work on Lightningrod and Motor Drive. It's very likely Volt Absorb retains its immunity as well.

This development makes me question the effects section of Wichu's move data. I mean, he himself admitted that it's Gen 4 explanations, but Thunder Wave could not go through Ground type, Volt Absorb, or Motor Drive in Gen 4. At the least, we can't assume that it's infallible. If only more people could post videos of their tests.

I've noticed an important change to Torment.

Last gen, if your Pokemon was faster and used Torment against a Pokemon that was about to use the same move it used last turn, that move still worked that turn. Now, Torment will prevent that move from working.
YES. YES. YES.
My Tormentodactyl has waited YEARS for this.

(I believe this ocne worked this way in Shoddy but was changed for obvious reasons)

I think we should either start a new thread with a correct and more complete OP, or get a mod to edit this one's OP because it seems like GREEN00 isn's updating it. I think there are still plenty of people who think Thunder Wave hits Ground types and this isn't helping.

This isn't really important and I don't see it being of too much note however, I just noticed that Air Lock (Rayquaza's ability) now has a notification of activation when he is sent out, kinda like Pressure.

Minor change, but a change all the same.

EDIT: Air Lock having a warning doesn't change much, as Rayquaza does not have an alternate ability. Cloud Nine, however, also displays a warning. Several new pokemon got this ability and it looks as though using it to bluff will not be possible.

@Reaverz: So far Air Lock doesn't erase ability-induced weather. At least not Drizzle from Kyogre. Weather icon is still on the bottom screen (there is no in-between turns animation anymore). I'll test same situation w/Cloud Nine and then move onto TM Weather and T-Tar/etc.

Progress:
-Cloud Nine and Airlock both do not erase Drizzle, Sandstream. (Opponent Activated)
-Cloud Nine and Airlock did not erase Rain Dance, Hail, or Sunny Day. (I activated these ones)

I'm going to assume that they work in the same manner as before, only now with an activation message when being sent out.

Can you test something though? Some say that Cloud Nine now removes the weather rather than suppressing it like it did in Gen 3 and 4. If so, Air Lock might have the same function.

So if you can, please have a Pokemon use a weather move then switch to Rayquaza and check if the weather animation remains at the end of the turn.

EDIT: Thanks a lot Seriin! I guess people saw the activation message and thought it actually cleared weather.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
also, Pickup should be listed. I have strong suspicions that Stench and illuminate do other stuff too.
I'm glad that I actually contributed to something despite being something as small as discovering pickup is slightly more useful now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)