Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, for scramble challenges, are we allowed to have extra pokemon to use as HM slaves? I ask because I just got off the SS Anne in Leaf Green, and none of my pokemon can learn cut. And, looking at serebii's move lists, none of my assigned pokemon can ever learn cut. Also, Krabb, those are insane.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So, for scramble challenges, are we allowed to have extra pokemon to use as HM slaves? I ask because I just got off the SS Anne in Leaf Green, and none of my pokemon can learn cut. And, looking at serebii's move lists, none of my assigned pokemon can ever learn cut. Also, Krabb, those are insane.
Yes, as long as you don't use them in battle.

EDIT: Never mind, relised resevation was regected :(.

Meh, if I feel like it, I'll make an "I'M BACK GUIZ!" post, but I couldn't really be botherd at the moment...

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@ Krabb: to allow for the Rattata soloes, neither Gyarados must be soloed by Swinub and Phanpy. So Swinub must solo the Dragonairs and faint against the Kingdra and Donphan must solo Lance except for the Gyarados.

Also NN them whatever you want, I don`t do nicknames.

Unrelated. After I complete my Emerald Hard Scramble I will continue to complete the Scrambles listed in my signature. The current order will be Hard Scrambles, Variable Scramble, Global Scrambles (rules are a secret) and the coup de grace, the HARDEST SCRAMBLE EVER. Yeah. Get ready.

Just popping in to say:

#1: I'm back

EDIT:
Changed my mind, I'll start up a Ruby Scramble now.

Rules:
No trades. My link cable broke eons ago.
Adhere to the rules on the 1st post.
No excessive grinding. If I need to level something to Lv 50 to solo the 4th gym, I'm not going to accept it. [Extreme example]
Have at least 3 pokemon obtainable by Wattson. All obtainable before Wallace. You don't need to give me something early-game, I'll just use my starter until then, especially if I'm not given one.

Texas, i challenge you for the title of best 4th gen scrambler EVER!!! Are you man enough to accept?
I only have E and HG for now. I dont know how we're gonna work this out

Note:i'l do an update to my hg scramble once i beat lance, incase your wonderin' im currently at ho-oh.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why not. Once I complete those ten Scrambles I`m going to post a huge anthology of all the Scrambles I`ve ever completed, probably around 16 or so by the time that is finished.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Raikaria, you also get a Ralts. It can evolve, but it must solo one gym to evolve each time and also Tate&Liza in order to battle at the Pokemon League.

Just popping in to say:

#1: I'm back

EDIT:
Changed my mind, I'll start up a Ruby Scramble now.

Rules:
No trades. My link cable broke eons ago.
Adhere to the rules on the 1st post.
No excessive grinding. If I need to level something to Lv 50 to solo the 4th gym, I'm not going to accept it. [Extreme example]
Have at least 3 pokemon obtainable by Wattson. All obtainable before Wallace. You don't need to give me something early-game, I'll just use my starter until then, especially if I'm not given one.
Take Seedot. It cannot evolve to Nuzleaf until it knows Sunny Day. No restrictions for Shiftry, except that it must evolve before Victory Road and KO one of every E4 member's Pokemon. Oh, and NN "Wimpy".

@ Krabb: to allow for the Rattata soloes, neither Gyarados must be soloed by Swinub and Phanpy. So Swinub must solo the Dragonairs and faint against the Kingdra and Donphan must solo Lance except for the Gyarados.
Oh, that's accepted then.

@krabb: take a Bellsprout. It may only know Acid for STAB, and it must always be the highest-leveled member of your team. Evolve to Weepinbell just before Olivine, and Victreebel at Victory Road. It must solo Jasmine's Steelix. NN "Gah!!!". (Yes, with the exclamation points and everything.)
That's rejected. It's plain boring and stupid, sorry dude. I'm up for another suggestion though, you got a reservation if you want.

Pokemon for now:

-Rage the Totodile by Its_A_Random
-Zen the Rattata by auramaster
-Swinub/Phanpy by Texas Cloverleaf, if alteration not possible, reserved for another suggestion by Texas Cloverleaf
-SantaClaus the Delibird by Dummy007
-Smitten the Mareep by plurple
-Free/Reserved for Galladiator

@Raikaria: Since you don't have a flier yet, you get a Trapinch that cannot use STAB moves. It must KO at least 2 of Glacia's Pokemon. No evo. restrictions.

@krabb: Hey, you said you wanted crazy hard. But fine, I'll change my challenge.

You still get Bellsprout, but with different restrictons. It may only know STAB for one of its types, but it can learn as many moves of that type it wants. It must solo a Kanto Leader depending on the chosen type:

Poison-Misty
Grass-Erika

Same evo restrictions, and it cannot be the lowest-levelled member of your team. Since this isn't the first time I've been stiffed, NN "JustLikeB4".

Happy now?

EDIT: That's a badly placed full stop in the Trapinch one. I borderline rejected it, because I thought you said 'No Evo' :/

Summary:

Mudkip: No Evolutions
Seedot, must learn Sunny Day to evolve, evolve to Shiftry before Victory Road, and KO's at least 1 of each E4 member's pokemon.- Name: Wimpy
Ralts: Must solo a gym to earn each evolution, must solo Tate and Liza.
Trapinch: No STABS. Must KO 2 of the Ice E4's pokemon. [Fire Blast Flygon, go!]
Vulpix: Must solo 10 Team Magma Base pokemon to evolve.

Still need 1 more.

This is gonna be a nightmare... Mudkip will end up a slave, Ralts soloing T-L is gonna be hard, Seedot will either need to hit Lv 31, or wait until I get to Fortree [Sunny Day TM], and Trapinch will basically have to use Special attacks, Return, and Feint Attack.

Vulpix will be the MVP at this rate. An MVP which I get after the 6th badge...

I shall remember this guys... and you shall pay...

@Raikaria: Qwerty meant "no evolution restrictions," which means you're allowed to evolve it whenever you want. As Vibrava and Flygon both learn Fly, the challenge actually does work.

Well I wanted crazy hard, but yours was just boring y'know. The alteration is alright though... okay, i'll still make Zen solo one Pokemon of each leaders, and the rest will be done by the appropriate Pokemon, depending on your restrictions.

Team will be:

-Rage the Totodile by Its_A_Random
-Zen the Rattata by auramaster
-Swinub/Phanpy by Texas Cloverleaf
-SantaClaus the Delibird by Dummy007
-Smitten the Mareep by plurple
-JustLikeB4 the Bellsprout by Galladiator

This is gonna be fun, i'll start off right away. Wish me luck.

Alright, texas!

Um...what exactly are we gonna do?

Im ending my hg scramble at lance, period, so i can start my emerald scramble. I wanna see if i can outrace texas just for fun. This doesnt count towards our challenge, which i have no idea how it's gonna work out.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Updating my Heart Gold Scramble. Here's the link to the base post. It's also in my signature under the CURRENT Row.
  • 16.) Hoppip (4xTheFun): Must appear against 2 GLMP to evolve into Skiploom, & KO 2 GLMP to evolve into Jumpluff. Post-Chuck, must be no more than 2 levels below highest levelled Pokemon & must KO at least one Pokemon on each of the E4 member's teams (Vratix)
  • 1.) Variable (Dexington)--> Furret (Dexington): Must know & keep Attract, Me First, & Surf/Whirlpool & use Me First against one of Lance's Dragonites (Dexington)
  • 10.) Haunter: Must solo every Haunter I see, including Morty's Haunters. May only use moves with a base power below 80 (DetroitLolcat)
  • 19.) Phanpy (Trunkie): Only attacking move is Rollout, must solo either Erika or Misty to evolve (Its_A_Random) (Dropped)
  • 5.) Starmie (Valence): If kept below Lv40 against E4, must have Surf & BoltBeam. Otherwise, must know Surf, but no BoltBeam (Treadshot A1)
  • 11.) Wooper (Yawn): If ability is Damp, Must know & keep Yawn & Yawn 5 Pokemon to sleep to evolve. If ability is Water Absorb, must know & keep Yawn & Rest & Yawn 10 Pokemon to sleep to evolve (Edwin Illan)
  • 2.) Lapras: Must Solo 30 Gym Leader & E4 Pokemon combined before Blue, & may either be all Physical or all Special (Athenodoros)

Left The Pokeathlon Dome after acquiring 2500 Athlete Points & found a tree. Caught the tree & named it Trake. Arrived in Ecruteak & battled Idiot. Troll & Dexington were the main battlers. At this point, Dexington hit puberty & learned Attract.
Went west through Route 38 & 39 & arrived in Olivine. Got the Good Rod & caught Valence the Staryu. As Valence appeared to have a perfect Special Attack IV, I EV trained it in Sp. Attack & Speed at Sprout Tower with a Macho Brace I got via an In-Game Trade. After completing the Sp. Attack side of the training, Valence got infected with Pokerus (Fuck yeah! Pokerus!).
After fully EV Training Valence, I went back to Olivine & went up the Lighthouse. Then went back to Ecruteak & entered the Gym, After the first trainer, Troll evolved into Haunter. Then beat the other three, two of which had to be soloed by Troll. Then battled Morty.
4xTheFun lead, put Gastly to sleep before paving the way for Valence to Thunderbolt it. Then came Gengar, 4xTheFun held his own, sleeping Gengar numerous times, reducing it to -6 Defence, & doing a lot of damage with Bullet Seed, before being knocked out by a lucky crit Shadow Ball...Valence came in & picked Gengar off. Then came the two Haunters, which Troll must solo. The first one was easily killed, with a Hypnosis & 2 Night Shades. The second one kept me on my heels, getting in a Curse, but through paitence, killed Haunter with Troll & got the badge.
To cap off the update, I went back to the dome & got the Water Stone & evolved Valence into a Starmie.

Yawn (Male Wooper) @ Nothing
Lv:23/Gentle/Damp
-Amnesia
-Water Gun
-Headbutt
-Mud Shot
Pokemon Yawned to Sleep: 0/5
Comments: Doesn't have Yawn yet, Luckily I got Damp for the ability...Is arguably the weakest on the team, but until he gets Yawn, it's likely to stay that way.

4xTheFun (Male Skiploom) @ Nothing
Lv:23/Modest/Chlorophyll
-Sleep Powder
-Synthesis
-Tail Whip
-Bullet Seed
GLMP Appearances: 2/2 GLMP Solos: 0/2
Comments: Acting like a typical Skiploom at the moment: Being very Dodgy...Current LVP.

Dexington (Male Furret) @ Nothing
Lv:24/Brave/Run Away
-Fury Swipes
-Foresight
-Attract
-Quick Attack
Comments: Very Powerful, Quick Attack helped a lot, & the Brave Nature as well. Hit Puberty this update, but is starting to struggle.

Valence (Genderless Starmie) @ Nothing
Lv:25/Hardy/Natural Cure
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Recover
-Ice Beam
Comments: The new member on the team, easily the squad's most powerful member, but cannot be relied on for the sake of keeping BoltBeam...

Troll (Male Haunter) @ Nothing
Lv:27/Docile/Levitate
-Hypnosis
-Night Shade
-Confuse Ray
-Curse
Comments: Not bad for a Troll, Hypnosis-Curse-Potion Combo screws a lot of opponents over. Level rose a lot due to Mandatory Haunter solos. Current MVP.

That's all. Yes, It's Wednesday at the moment where I live. 2 days until Lapras...By then, Pokerus would've worn off my party...Luckily all my boxed Pokemon have Pokerus. Until next time, stay tuned for more updates! :)

EDIT: Still waiting on doomvendingmachine for his challenge...

Raikaria, take a Whismur. It must know three stat altering moves at all times.
That might be difficult. The only stat-altering moves that the Wismur line gets is Howl, and Screech, at Lv 37. Defense Curl is an Emerald Move Tutor, and I'm playing Ruby, and so is Icy Wind. Swagger is an Egg Move, obtainable from a very small group of pokemon, mostly at considerable levels, the lowest being Lv 25, for Poochyena.

Requesting adjustment, because as it stands, this challenge cannot be done. By the time I get to Lv 37 for Screech, the challenge will be almost complete, and I'll have gone through 7/8ths of the game, bypassing the restriction.

Would it be feasable if the Wismur has three non-attacking moves at all times? Not only could this be accessed a lot sooner than Lv 37, but it's far more interesting than Swagger, Screech, and Howl...

Sorry for the long wait Random, I didn't have internet access for a good part of the day.

Fish yourself up a Corsola. You challenge depends on the ability of the corsola;

If you get hustle, you get ATTACKING corsola. It may not know any moves that don't do direct damage. It must solo at least 4 pokemon in the E4 to prove how offensive it is. Name it "SPARTA!!!"

If you get natural cure, you get SUPPORT corsola. I must have the support moveset of reflect, light screen, recover, mirror coat. I must set up dual screens successfully at the start of every E4 match. It must also land the finishing blow on one E4 pokemon with mirror coat. Name it "Dr. House".

Once again, sorry it took me so long to post this, I had the challenge done hours ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)