Nuzlocke Challenge

Ok, since my story wasn't commented on, or whatever, I'm just gonna go back to my original style of updating (without all the screenshots) so anyways, here we go!

Update 2: Starting Towards Stardom

I start off by heading past Route 101 and then through Route 103 to find May. By this time Leonidas had gained a few levels and was on lv. 8. I crushed her Torchic pretty easily, and then followed her back to Littleroot to get my PokeDex, Running Shoes, and spare Pokeballs.

Off to Route 101!

Since I consider Routes 101 and 103 untouched (since I had no Pokeballs to catch anything with) I decide to see what they hold for me and my young team.

Route 101 yielded Belle the Wurmple(Naughty, Lv. 2), and Route 103 gave me Maxx the Poochyena (ADAMANT!! Lv. 3 lolwin. xD)

Did a bit of grindin' on Route 101 and got Maxx to Lv. 7. Put Belle into the PC, so that way I have a backup.

Satisfied with this team, I decide to head over to Route 102. ;D The whole time PRAYING to the RNG God for a Ralts. lol Female, Modest. kploxthnxbai. ^^

Well, the RNG spat on my prayers and handed me Dwight the Zigzagoon (Calm, Lv. 3).

Oh well, Pickup ftw. lol I head to Petalburg and do the whole "Wally catches one of the hardest Pokemon to even find in the game his first trip into the grass" sequence (LOLZ your Gardevoir is gonna be a dude!), and I head on past Petalburg after some grindin' to bring Dwight up to speed. xD

When I get over to Route 104, I run into a Marril that I catch and nickname her Tia (Lv. 4, Jolly with Huge Power :])

Anyways, I guess this is where I will stop for now. :P

Stay tuned for another update!

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hey guys I need some help. I got two awesome water pokemon since I last updated and I don't know what one I should keep/train in party.

I have a bashful Staryu (Star) with Natural Cure or a Impish Shellder (Chill) with Skill Link.

Both are pretty awesome and I kinda like Shellder since it gives me a super powerful Icicle Spear so I can beat Lance with it AND it gives me spikes and can also gives me a phyrical wall. Staryu gives me nice offensives and coverage and a recovery move plus its unaffected by status. I could maybe run both but im stuck. Help!

hey guys I need some help. I got two awesome water pokemon since I last updated and I don't know what one I should keep/train in party.

I have a bashful Staryu (Star) with Natural Cure or a Impish Shellder (Chill) with Skill Link.

Both are pretty awesome and I kinda like Shellder since it gives me a super powerful Icicle Spear so I can beat Lance with it AND it gives me spikes and can also gives me a phyrical wall. Staryu gives me nice offensives and coverage and a recovery move plus its unaffected by status. I could maybe run both but im stuck. Help!
If this was for competitive battling I'd say Staryu but for a nuzlocke Cloyster is an absolute beast.

I'd go with Cloyster. Just don't forget that ice subtype, it can really screw you over if you have a momentary lapse.

I should have a new post up relatively soon. I've had almost no time to play lately. Why can't I set aside a week to play Pokémon and have life not interfere? :D

I dunno, Starmie runs through Lance essentially on its own if you're willing to grind coins for Ice Beam and Thunderbolt. Cloyster can't do much to Gyarados and while it won't take much from physical hits good luck taking down Dragonite if it Fire Blasts you in the face.

Also @ Zombeh I know how that feels, main reason why I stopped my story-like updates after a few. That being said, I did like your story and it kinda sucks you aren't continuing it.

Part 5: In which it all comes crashing down

What is the difference between a Bug Catcher and a Bug Maniac anyway? I mean, Chocula can kill them both easily.

Anyway, the problem at this point is Wattson's team. All of his Pokémon have SonicBoom, which decimates Nuzlocke teams. Plus, I don't really have anything that can hurt a Magnemite, short of UrMomInBed with Rock Smash. Forget May, this guy is the real challenge. If everyone lives through this battle, I'll be impressed. If I still had Lueroi, this would be easy, but... c'est la vie.

Which brings us to the main purpose of this update: Finding and training a new teammate for our band of brothers (and Zoroaster). Preferably, one that will have a chance against Wattson.

Route 117 gives us a mixed bag of blessings and curses with Roselia. Its grass typing lets us take care of ground types, at least until Blueray gets Bubblebeam. However, it is yet another poison type in a game that is beginning to seem more like a monotype run than a Nuzlocke run. Also, its grass-poison typing will do next to nothing against Wattson.

But nonetheless, I caught it. Welcome to the team, Ryan the Calm Roselia! Looks like we're going with plan B: Give UrMomInBed the ability to smash rocks and let his massive attack stat make the move useful.

Taking on the Winstrates...

No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

With the death of UrMomInBed, I am almost officially screwed. With the exception of Dwight, my party is all poisontypes. I may or may not be giving up. If I do, my next update will be a brand new game. This was fun, but the grinding needed to beat Wattson will probably just put me over the top.

Rest in peace.

Zoroaster the Dustox, Rash, Level 20

Chocula the Zubat, Relaxed, Level 21

Blueray the Tentacool, Hardy, Level 21

Dwight the Electrike, Modest, Level 21

Ryan the Roselia, Calm, Level 16

Lucy the Taillow, Gentle, Level 7
Lueroi the Marshstomp, Jolly, Level 5 - 16
UrMomInBed the Loudred, Lonely, Level 20

Edit

In a rage, we stormed Wattson's Gym, determined to win or die trying.

First Dwight fell...

Then Blueray...

Chocula nearly killed him, but a cheap Super Potion restored the Magnemite to the point where it could finish him...

Ryan grew up (literally!) very quickly, and sucked the life out of the metallic butthole.

He killed Voltorb, but Magneton got a critical hit and sent him to an untimely grave.

And Zoroaster is the last to die, as she was the first to live.

It's over... It's all over.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Definately both, Water types are very useful.

Guys, I need a little help on my HeartGold challenge. The current Pokémon I have are Croconaw, Scyther, Kadabra, Slowpoke, Gastly, Togepi, NidoranF, Drowzee, Oddish and 2 Zubats. Which of these should I train for further use, and which should I ditch? I'm currently training for Whitney.

Edit: Thanks Shiny Umb and Blackjak for the tips :)

Keep Croconaw, Scyther, Kadabra, Gastly, Togepi, and Nidoran. Slowpoke would be a good replacement if Croconaw or Kadabra bites the dust, as would a Zubat for Scyther on some level.

I'd personally not use Ghastly, unless you're prepared to really support him with TMs - even then, besides an earlier Shadow Ball, there's not many useful moves you can teach him. I used one briefly on my Crystal Nuzlocke, and although I know the move typings were different back then, I still found he was fragile and unreliable. I'd look into training that Oddish, personally, because even though she's slow, a reliable status spreader is invaluable, in my experience. Otherwise, I'd agree with Shiny Umbreon.

Just as an aside, for anyone doing a G/S/C/HG/SS run, catch a Geodude for the early game; he shits all over the opposition for the first 3 gyms (and even Morty, if you're in the second gen games like I am). I used to DREAD Whitney, and even Bugsy to an extent - with 'Dude though, they're a breeze.

Wow... I just beat Whitney with no deaths... and then lost two Pokemon to the rock tree :0. Thankfully, I caught a Raticate and Stantler shortly afterwards, so Morty won't be too much trouble...

Part 1: Choice

I'm flattered.

Welcome to my third Nuzlocke challenge! After my Sapphire team's heroic last stand against Wattson, I figured a change of scenery was appropriate. Hence, FireRed!

This game will give me a lot of nostalgia. Just a warning.

As is shown here. Throughout all the years of Pokémon, I've never named a Squirtle anything other than Michael, and I don't plan on starting.

Let's do this.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Route 1 gives me a Rattata, which I can't catch. Thanks?

I've always wondered, what exactly is in Oak's Parcel? Is it just the Poké Balls that he gives you a minute later, or something more sinister?

Oak gives us the Poké Balls. Yay!

Coming up with a creative nickname for a Rattata is next to impossible. They've all been done. I'm just going to name her Mara.

After watching the old man tell me how to catch a Pokémon (and discovering that Viridian has a bug problem), we headed up onto Route 2.

Ah, yes. The other staple of early teams. I will ever-so-uncreatively name him Sky.

That's enough for now, I've played too much today already. See you guys next time!

Michael the Squirtle, Bashful, Level 7
Mara the Rattata, Mild, Level 2
Sky the Pidgey, Brave, Level 4

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys, I've decided I'm going to try one of these on Fire Red.

Rules...

• If a Pokemon faints, It will be boxed, never to come out of the PC again.
  • Only catch the first wild Pokemon encountered in an area.
  • Battle Style will be "Set".
  • No Items used outside of battle, with the exception of giving a Pokemon an item or to use a TM.
  • Only Pokeballs are to be bought in a mart.
  • I can leave a Gym to Heal only if I've beaten all the minor trainers.
  • Nicknames are compulsory.
I think that covers everything, well good luck me. Will update. :)

Sad to see you lose to Watson Umbreon... No Swampert, no Loudred pretty much did you in... Guess it's the luck of the draw. Just like my team, having nobody to take out steels is brutal, and I lost three guys before barely winning.

Good luck with your new challenge though!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Fire Red Nuzlocke Update #1!

Hooray for early Updates...
  • If a Pokemon faints, It will be boxed, never to come out of the PC again.
  • Only catch the first wild Pokemon encountered in an area.
  • Battle Style will be "Set".
  • No Items used outside of battle, with the exception of giving a Pokemon an item or to use a TM.
  • Only Pokeballs are to be bought in a mart.
  • I can leave a Gym to Heal only if I've beaten all the minor trainers.
  • Nicknames are compulsory.

• I started!
  • I randomly meet a Professor who seemed to have amnesia. I told him I was a boy, my name is Random, & my rival was Texas (After user Texas Cloverleaf...)
  • I shrunk in size & randomly teleported to my room in Pallet Town.
  • I went into grass, but was told to go to a lab by a forgetful Professor.
  • I picked up a Bulbasaur & named it RootOfEvil. Texas picked up a Charmander...I then walloped that darn Charmander & left Pallet Town.
  • I killed a Pidgey on Route 1.
  • I arrived in Viridian City, healed up, & went to the Poke Mart, where the guy there told me to deliver yet another parcel to that Professor Oak. Apparently, because he's so forgetful, that the guy there told me that it was the 94,357,012th parcel he's got for Prof. Oak, & they're all the same...
  • Went back to Pallet Town, delivered yet another parcel to Prof. Oak, got a Pokedex & 5 Pokeballs.
  • Went back to Viridian.
  • Caught Joey the Female Modest natured (Bah...) Rattata on Route 22.
  • Before going north of Viridian, I found some coffee stimulated geezer who showed me how to catch a Lv5 Weedle at full health.
  • Then went to Route 2 & Viridian Forest to catch a Pokemon there. Route 2 got me Flapper the Pidgey & Viridian Forest got me Stingers the Weedle.
  • Then went to Route 1 & grinded my new members up to Lv7 (Or 6 in the case of Stingers). By then, RootOfEvil was at Lv9.
  • Went back to Route 22 & found Texas, who was bruised from trying to get past some random guard. He then challenged me to a battle.
  • Stingers led my team out against a Pidgey. Switched in RootOfEvil, Leech Seeded it, & with the help of a potion, eventually beat the bird-brain. Then came Charmander, RootOfEvil seeded it, reduced its attack, & at the last moment, I switched in Stingers to ensure it got experience. Charmander fainted, I won, & Stingers evolved into a Kakuna.

Stingers (Male Kakuna) @ Nothing
Lv:7/Quiet/Shed Skin
-Poison Sting
-String Shot
-Harden
Comments: Pretty weak, but has recently evolved, hopefully Stingers will fare better as a Kakuna. He will be an early Powerhouse if he gets to become a Beedrill.

Flapper (Female Pidgey) @ Nothing
Lv:7/Jolly/Keen Eye
-Tackle
-Sand Attack
Comments: Flapper's doing Okay at the moment, If I can keep her alive until he gets Fly...Otherwise, she's a powerful member on the team.

Joey (Female Rattata) @ Nothing
Lv:7/Modest (Bah...)/Run Away
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
Comments: She is not that good a member on the team. I got her when I wanted something like a Nidoran, but oh well. I don't see her staying alive for long, with a crappy ability & a crappy nature, She will probably be my first casualty.

RootOfEvil (Male Bulbasaur) @ Nothing
Lv:10/Calm/Overgrow
-Tackle
-Growl
-Leech Seed
-Vine Whip
Comments: The starter & the undisputed leader of the team, always willing to help his team mates when they're near death. RootOfEvil will be critical to my success in this Nuzlocke. If he dies early, I'm fucked.

None as of yet.

None as of yet.

That's all for the time being. Next update should be after the first badge. Stay tuned for more updates.

In a blaze of defeat my first Nuzlocke challenge ended...

Rebuilding went as planned, Leo the Loudred and Heike the Roselia were joined by a Numel, a Koffing, and a Swablu as my new team took shape. I figured we were ready (all except Swablu in the mid-20's) to take out Team Magma so off we went.

Head to head against Maxie, my team was looking in good shape as Mightyena slowly but surely was worn down.

Then Golbat came out and everything went awry. Two huge critical hits took down Koffing and Numel, leaving Leo badly wounded as Camerupt came out. I tried to stall by sacrificing Swablu and Roselia, hoping Leo could get come out and get that list needed hit. But Camerupt survived and my challenge ended.

While I still have a few Pokemon of use in the PC (Geodude, and Zubat), my main team is defeated and so I head back to Littleroot Town to restart my adventure. The pain of losing so many key members hurts too much. Time for a clean slate, hopefully one day avenging them.

Juukka's Ruby Nozlocke Attempt Two

In a hazy, almost dream like state, I sulked in my hometown for several weeks, completely crushed by what had happened. I thought my team had what it took against Watson and Maxie, but defeat was inevitable.

Great teams are born with greatness. They either have it or they don't, and my last group didn't. They just couldn't come together, the ragtag bunch...

My agony was awful. I could barely walk, talk, do anything except lie in bed and feel the guilt of letting down so many friends. For those who had lived on in my PC, I released them and let them be free again, rather than dooming them to the same fate.

May even came home, her portion of her journey complete as well. She had added dozens of new Pokemon to Birch's collection, all happy and healthy. It made me feel worse, but at the same time it really motivated me.

But then, a glimmer of hope, Professor Birch approached me. When I had left the first time, I had taken Treecko and May had taken Torchic. However there was a Mudkip still very much alone and hanging around his lab.

I decided that was what I needed to get back out there and stop Team Magma. May impulsively challenged me again to go out, bringing along a Treecko she had been given as a gift. So there it was, my new journey about to begin.

Much like Ike, this time I fight for my friends.

Current Team:

Kip LV5

Round 1 Deceased

Lylli (WHISMUR) Died LV11 V Lad Machop
Jarri (TAILOW) Died LV 21 V Lad Aron
Teemu (GROVYLE) Died LV23 V Watson Voltorb
Jaarpi (KADABRA) Died LV 25 to Watson Magneton
Toni (MINUN) Died LV 21 to Watson Magneton
Heike (ROSELIA) Died LV24 to Camerupt
Katri (NUMEL) Died LV25 to Golbat
Pertu (KOFFING) Died LV 26 to Golbat
Sami (SWABLU) Died LV 19 to Camerupt

Round 1 MVP

Leo

Died LV 26 to Camerupt

I remember this. I'm doing it on my LeafGreen now. I already finished up the Viridian Gym(lolwut) but I got bored of the game already. >_>

DEAD:

Ratman, Jolly(fuck you game FUCK YOU WHYYYYYYY) Rattata LV 10, died to a random crit from Caterpie's Tackle.

Womankey(yes I named it that), *forgot* natured Mankey LV 12, died to a Clefairy getting Fury Swipes 5 times and likely high dmg roll on each one.

Poddy, Naive Pidgeotto LV 20. Supposed to replace the Pidgey I used up to now(it had a meh-ish nature) but died to an effing Dugtrio. On a side note, I should have gotten Wartortle out to stomp Dugtrio. :(

Dino, *forgot again* natured Diglett LV 23. I forgot Rattata learns Quick Attack. >_>

Current Team:

Turt(lolwut), Modest Blastoise LV 44
Pidge(aka Route 1 Pidgey that got replaced then replaced the dead Poddy), Quirky Pidgeot LV 42
*forgot nickname*, Bold Lapras, LV 39
Firefox, Timid Ninetales, LV 41
Sprouto, Adamant Victreebel, LV 43
Gemmy, Bold(wth) Graveler, LV 46

technically im grinding for the last battle with Gary M. Oak. >_>

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fuck hax. Started a Nuzlocke on HG this morning and I just lost the first member of my team, Alpha the Croconaw, who got haxed to death by a fucking Magmar of all things. Surviving members are Epsilon the Gastly and Delta the Geodude with Kenya the Fearow filling Alpha`s void. Will soon acquire Sigma the Eevee who will become aN Umb reon. Only member of any significane in the box is Phi the Poliwag.

Texas Cloverleaf

Diamond has more early game pokemon usefullness but is more difficult overall. Emerald has more difficult boss battles and better mid-game pokes. I prefer Platinum over Diamond as the controls are terrible in DP so I`d say Emerald.

Texas Cloverleaf

Have decided to fill the two empty spots in my team with Phi and Chi thePoliwag and Aipom. Since Imallowing trading for evolution should I evolveChi into a Poliwrath or a Politoed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)