Jan 24th, 2011, 10:49:18 PM
Points out the obvious
Join Date: Mar 2010
A country full of spiders
Fire Red Nuzlocke Update #3!
Texas, I'd go for Mamoswine, so Lance doesn't really stuff you up, but Donphan with Ice Shard does the same thing, but I'd prefer Mamo.
Anyways, Daily update to my Nuzlocke, nothing much happened, but an update nevertheless. The Mt. Moon run through & the Rival battle in Cerulean is in this update
A summary of what's happened
- Started at the Mt. Moon entrance.
- Boxed Flapper in favour of Sparrow, & started grinding Sparrow & Rock Pile until they reached a respectable level.
- Entered Mt. Moon.
- Found some Rocket fags there, they were easy to beat, except for the Ratatta's, who always had to find 1,000 ways to harm my party before they die, thank goodness for Rock Pile...
- Eventually encountered some Super Fossil Nerd, & beat him without loss, despite a poisoning & me getting paranoid of Sonic Boom, which he never used.
- Picked up a Dome Fossil, & left Mt. Moon.
- Found a couple of Karate Guys, one of them taught Mega Punch to Rock Pile.
- Killed a Spearow on Route 4, & arrived in Cerulean City.
- Healed up & went towards the Nugget Bridge, when Texas (Cloverleaf) challenged me to a battle. In short, Rock Pile decimated his entire team without any help from items. She also learned Magnitude mid-battle.
- Currently in Cerulean City at the moment.
Pokemon (Current Party)
Sparrow (Female Spearow) @ Nothing
Comments: Has replaced Flapper as recommended, doing a fine job, but like Stingers, appears to be a weak link in the side at the moment.
Stingers (Male Beedrill) @ Nothing
Comments: Now a Beedrill, & quite the force too, the fact that it isn't that strong isn't helping though...A weak link in the side like Sparrow, but Fury Attack is doing well for me at the moment.
Rock Pile (Female Geodude) @ Nothing
Comments: Rock Pile, like RootOfEvil, is a very powerful member & is critical to my success in this Nuzlocke. Did a great job to decimate Texas in Cerulean.
RootOfEvil (Male Ivysaur) @ Nothing
Comments: The starter & the undisputed leader of the team, always willing to help his team mates when they're near death. RootOfEvil will be critical to my success in this Nuzlocke. If he dies early, I'm fucked.
Flapper (Female Pidgey) @ Nothing
Comments: Flapper has been boxed in favour of Sparrow, is a back up in case Sparrow bites the dust.
Joey (Female Rattata) @ Nothing
Lv:9/Modest (Bah...)/Run Away
Comments: First casualty as expected. No-one on the team really liked her anyway. Caught on Route 22 when I really wanted a Nidoran, Joey was weak, & useless. Weak enough to be killed by a Lv14 Spearow. RIP.
That's today's update. Three questions: 1. Any good Pokemon to use that appear on Route 24? 2. Fossilmons: Are they worth using in a Nuzlocke? And 3. Which is better to use? Geodude or Diglett?