Mute's Monstrosities

No this is not the amazing picture I mentioned in my last post. :V I would be greatly ashamed if it were so. This is just a messy Groudon I doodled as per boyofrito's request, but didn't quite feel like shading in my traditional style- but I liked the pose too much to just ditch it, so I went for a lazy simpler shading style like I did in that one Smog issue. Hey, better than it ending up in the bin. :V

The SUPER PRETTY picture ought to be done in a couple days. it will be awesome. +.+

Also the next person that requests a Groudon will be shot. christ alive those things are hard to draw
Holy shizznit! That is an amazing pose for that Groudon. I won't say much more except this:

Can't wait for the finished one!

Double whammy today!

First, I figured I might as well post the silly picture I did for the Secret Santa thread, for the benefit of those knuckleheads that didn't follow it. :B

AND NOW BEHOLD:

It's got its issues, but I soon realized that this is going to be one of those pictures that is NEVER complete, no matter how much I work on it- there'll always be stuff to work on. So rather than make you all wait a dozen years, here you go. :V It's Balkar again, as a Nidorino, finding the Moon Stone that evolved him. I realized that I've drawn many a Nidoran and Nidoking and even a Nidoqueen on occasion, but no Nidorino, so!

This is take two on Painter- quite a difference from that shitty doodle last page, huh? :B We'll see if the program works out in the long run. (also CHRIST ALIVE I just cannot keep up with Smeargle's Studio these days D: I keep getting buried beneath scads of more awesome art within days of posting something.)

Also, guys. If anyone reads this. In all seriousness, what do I need to improve on? My thread's kinda getting passed over and ignored a lot more these days- what needs working on in order to change that? Do I just need to try to art more, or is there something else I'm doing wrong? I can't improve if you don't let me know what's going on. ;P

Very impressive! I would have thought it was a completed piece if you hadn't mentioned that it wasn't. I love how the light refracting from the moonstone only partially illuminates the cave because it draws your eyes to it and steadily reveals the nidorino. As for improvements, I really don't know much about painter and I think this all looks great! Sorry, I can't offer anymore criticism than that

arrrgh i don't get you guys help me out here @___@ a two-picture post, one of which is fucking sexy and there's one comment? What's it take to appeal to the masses here? :B In all seriousness, I can't improve unless I'm told what's wrong!

anyways, have a reuniclus. :V I did a bunch of sketches for the Smog and though I didn't use this one for the article, I liked this one so I colored it up all messily and such.

it's waving all like HAY U GAIZ PAY ATTENTION TO ME :<

also I added links to the Smog issues I've done art for in my initial post. :V

maybe I should draw more Reuniclus, they're cute n.n

Lol. Your work is great! Please, keep it up! :D

Btw, I'll <3'd your thread, despite the cry for attention. xD

Draw me a Garchomp in Outrage mode, please. >D

please please don't take the number of responses you get as a measure of how godly your art is. it's just that not many actually browse this forum that frequently and threads such as this are usually overshadowed by other more well-known artist threads. keep up the amazing work and you're sure to get some attention in no time.

Haha thanks guys. X)

HERE HAVE ANOTHER QUICK PICTAR.

It's rather a mess and simple but I don't care because it was done fast.

arrgharghargh HOW DO YOU FUCKERS KEEP CONNING ME INTO DRAWING GROUDON i hate that big red dino :F seriously I have done like three Groudon pictures in the last month and a half and I don't even draw that much D: so Groudon has been in like half of all my pictures in that period of time DAMNIT GROUDON.

Anyways, this was spawned on the #cap IRC channel. I was puzzled by the mention of balloons in the battles I spectacted on PO (yes I am 5th gen illiterate so shoot me), so someone on #cap explained the Balloon held item to me. So I'm all 'fuck me, that's awesome, now I have to draw something suspended from a balloon'. And HD was all 'GROUDON' and I cursed his name and now here we are. :I

Awesome! It really captures the idea of Garchomp losing it and I pity the fool that stands in it's way. >:D

Next, you could do Garchomp using his rage on an unsuspecting Latios. :D

man the more I look at my last picture, the more it looks like someone just tossed gasoline on the Garchomp and set him on fire :I

anyways, HERE HAVE SOME CUTEMONS

dracoyoshi8 suggested I draw a Sewaddle and Fushide on the CAP IRC channel. :V I threw in a Nidoran just cause.

The sewaddle's all 'derp', the Nidoran's like 'pway with me? o^o' and the fushide's like 'im not with you guys :I'

YAY CUTEMONS okay sleepan now

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
How did I miss that Nidorino up there.

Given that when I saw it I moaned in happiness, I shall just say this: that could be the best piece of art that I have ever seen ever.

O Divine Mr Mutant Sir, shall thou deem us grovelling worshippers worthy by possessing our humble requests with your magical artistic talents?
Sincerely, Inferior One

As I noted in my initial post, RitterCat, I view requests as a handy source of inspiration for whenever I go 'um, wat draw?!' (which is often). Or I harass the inhabitants of #cap. So I can't make any promises. I've tried Purugly a few times, but no luck so far (It's trickier than it looks at first glance!)- but we'll see.

In the meantime, go read The Smog! I arted for two articles in this latest issue. (And added a list of the articles that I've arted for over the course of my Smog involvement back in my OP).

And while I'm posting, a question for you lot that I keep forgetting to ask- what do you think of Balkar, the black Nidoking (or more recently, Nidorino) that I draw from time to time? Do you like seeing images of him, or would you rather I drew more vanilla Nidos/other Pokémon entirely rather than him? I'm trying to gauge what the community here likes to see in its Pokemon artings. :V

(ALSO hmmm, should I keep my current avatar, the little Nidoran or change it to a cutout of my Balkar-as-Nidorino image from a few posts back? I haven't yet taken advantage of the larger avatar that I'm permitted, as a badged user. :B)

I would like a samurott being a samurai of that sort.

I loveloveloveloveloveloveloveloveLOVE this art, it's absolutely fantastic, makes my day whenever i see it, no joke! You keep it up!

*luvdisc*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)