5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

i know maybe is lame question but i cant find on how to set my eon timer to be 1 minute before target it is set to o minutes before target
please help...

Walk 128 steps and then catch a wild pokemon and check its IVs and put it into RNG Reporter PIDRNG repeat the process over a few time and see what your staring frame is

Shouldn't the starting PID frame be 0?
When I turn the game on?

And since Im in a cave when I do my 128 steps it advances my PID by 2 frame per step?
No. The PID Frame never starts at 0. It starts around 40-60 right off the bat. After 128 steps, it should probably be around 300 or so.

Here's a potentially interesting question...

How does the game determine when a wild encounter is going to occur? If this could be determined, it would be incredibly helpful to RNG pokemon in areas where you can't use Sweet Scent.

From a programming standpoint it obviously needs to come from an RNG somewhere. And the other reason I bring it up is because three times in a row in Giant Chasm (same seed and frame all times) I've encountered the same wild ditto after exactly 3 steps (unfortunately, I need a 4th step to hit a synchronizable ditto :( ).

EDIT: More details.

Seed is BEE3257E2A8565C9
PID RNG for this seed starts at Frame 43
Ditto in question is on frame 50 (Docile, No Sync, ESV 3)

I'm saved in a patch of grass without a repel active. 3 times in a row I loaded the game, saved once (to hit odd number frame advancements), then began taking steps forward and encountered the frame 50 ditto after 3 steps (7 total advancements). Then, trying to get past it, I saved 3 times instead of just one, but afterwards I encountered the SAME ditto after precisely two steps. No matter what I try that frame always activates a wild encounter.

Similarly, none of the frames that I'm trying to hit ever activate an encounter (5+ tries). Those would be frames 52, 62 or 64. Frames 46, 48, 54, 56, 58, and 60 don't seem to activate encounters either, but I haven't tested them too extensively.

I'm going to try a different seed and see what I can find out, since this seed seems to be a dead end for hitting the frames I want without sweet scent.

First, thanks for OmegaDonut & co. for your hard work. You've really put a lot effort to this.

I've a problem with RNGReporter 9.5 Beta... For some reason it doesn't show shinies right for me.

TID: 14979
SID: 60225

DS Lite Parameters:
GxStat 60
VCount 60
VFrame 6
Timer0 min C7C
Timer0 max C7C

Seed: 7A0D4C5378032F3A
Frame: 6
Date: 4.1.11 15:38:07
Keypress: L

When I paste this seed to Reporter's main window (Method 5 PIDRNG) and check "shiny only" and select Adamant as nature I'll get this PID:

!!!
PID 8C095DCA
Frame: 681
Adamant
Male

I actually hit the seed and managed to get myself to frame 681. I got the right pokémon with right gender, ability and and IVs... but it's not shiny.

I'm pretty sure my SID is right. Before this try I used Time Finder to find random shiny spread and managed to get it. :d So, I guess I'm doing something very, very wrong.

Thanks in advance!

@Kaphotics
Glad to know that. Thank you very much! Maybe I'll wait for next release then or try to use Time Finder to find shiny spreads. ;o

I have a few questions regarding the new rng reporter and shiny capture. If someone can help me that would be much appreciated.

About RNG reporter:

Can I keep my parameters the same as the april fool's version? For the timer0 i just kept it the same(both min and max as C7F) and did not check soft reset box. For the rest I have Method 5 standard seed, shiny only with both my IDs, encounter type wild pokemon all under the time finder. Just making sure Im on the right track.

About shinies:
I have a seed with IV frame 1 and Shiny seed 206 and it also comes with Adamant nature. I place the seed in the main page, selected method 5 PIDRNG, starting frame 1, and it generate a list of natures. All I would need to do is advance the PIDRNG to 206? I read a bit back and exploit said to walk 128 step then catch a poke and then check the nature and stuff but if you have an IV frame of one, can you just not walk the steps, catch a poke, find the nature, repeat but saving more and more before catching another poke to find the starting PID frame?

Thank you to whoever answers :)

EDIT: VENTUS: I believe Your SID/ID gives you yours own unique shiny spreads at certain frames, im sure we can all hit any IV combo but ones we find managable will all be different. Some of us may get extremely lucky and have less work for a flawless spread while others gotta hit higher frames.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
First, thanks for OmegaDonut & co. for your hard work. You've really put a lot effort to this.

I've a problem with RNGReporter 9.5 Beta... For some reason it doesn't show shinies right for me.

TID: 14979
SID: 60225

DS Lite Parameters:
GxStat 60
VCount 60
VFrame 6
Timer0 min C7C
Timer0 max C7C

Seed: 7A0D4C5378032F3A
Frame: 6
Date: 4.1.11 15:38:07
Keypress: L

When I paste this seed to Reporter's main window (Method 5 PIDRNG) and check "shiny only" and select Adamant as nature I'll get this PID:

!!!
PID 8C095DCA
Frame: 681
Adamant
Male

I actually hit the seed and managed to get myself to frame 681. I got the right pokémon with right gender, ability and and IVs... but it's not shiny.

I'm pretty sure my SID is right. Before this try I used Time Finder to find random shiny spread and managed to get it. :d So, I guess I'm doing something very, very wrong.

Thanks in advance!
It's a current bug in reporter.

8C095DCA = (1/0), your IDs are (1/1). The PID you are getting is 0C095DCA.

Code:
Convert supposed PID, TID, and SID to binary.

Take the highest and lowest bits of the PID... (1 and 0)
PID: [U]1[/U]000110000001001010111011100101[U]0[/U]

And the lowest bits of both the ID and SID (1 and 1)
TID: 14979        001110101000001[U]1[/U]      
SID: 60225        111010110100000[U]1[/U]

1 xor 0 xor 1 xor 1 =/= 0
0x80000000 is XOR'd to PID, resulting in 0^0^1^1, == 0

Basically, when you add them all up,
they should be either 0, 2 or 4 (not 1 or 3).

Further information in the [URL="http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3323618&postcount=665"]RNG Research thread[/URL].
===

@nightmare
We already know how encounters are procced without sweet scent. It probably won't be implemented for a while though.

It's a current bug in reporter.

8C095DCA = (1/0), your IDs are (1/1). The PID you are getting is 0C095DCA.

===

@nightmare
We already know how encounters are procced without sweet scent. It probably won't be implemented for a while though.
Is there any way of figuring it out manually with the current information?

Also, is there a post somewhere that explains how it works?

would RNGing a gift pokemon count as RNGing a stationary poke?

also im doing C-Gear abuse and wondering about the roamer. should i take my steps near the door so i can walk out or can i just take the steps anywhere then walk out? im also wondering if its ivs are solid once i step outside and encounter it

I still don't really understand shiny abuse. I just start the game at anytime, and I don't need the seed, walk 128 steps, catch, get IVs, then do the "IVs to PID" option on RNG Reporter for the frame?

And does this mean when getting a shiny I have to walk 128 steps first, or is that frame the one generated at the start?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
I still don't really understand shiny abuse. I just start the game at anytime, and I don't need the seed, walk 128 steps, catch, get IVs, then do the "IVs to PID" option on RNG Reporter for the frame?

And does this mean when getting a shiny I have to walk 128 steps first, or is that frame the one generated at the start?
There is no PID - IV relation this gen. IVs to PID will never be used for gen 5 abuse.

You don't need to walk at all, walking only changes the IVs. The two RNGs are separate (PIDRNG and IVRNG).

@nightmare, I updated my post on this page about [Wild PID-ID] relations with the info + links.

@firestorm, that question has been asked many times in this thread. Gift Pokemon have their own IV shifting. Starters are not gift Pokemon. You can take your steps inside and then walk out. IVs, PID, and nature are set in stone when it flies off.

So by using the PIDRNG, then starting the game like I usually do, I'll get a shiny with a random nature?

And, where is the PID RNG in RNG Reporter? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just a collector now and only want some shinies. ^.^

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
If you are hitting seeds and hitting the right frames on that seed, you'll get a shiny with the nature that it says. Do note right now v5 beta has an issue as I described earlier with shiny prediction :(

Method 5 PIDRNG is the PID/ability/nature method for this gen.
Method 5 (standard/cgear) is the IV method for this gen.

They are separate :P

Thank you so much! I think I'll just wait for a fix to that problem and then mess around with it more, so I'll definitely be back. :P

And I thought 4th Generation abuse took me a while to learn...

How would you go about RNG abuse for eggs as opposed to wild pokemon? I've been following this guide for getting wild pokemon with perfect IVs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4zNQH9cC3w

The problem is that I have to use a synchronizer most of the time because there are usually NPCs/weather effects where wild pokemon are, so I can't find the PID since I can't tell how far the frame is advancing from them. Also, places with multiple wild pokemon are more difficult to RNG since there's always a chance of finding the wrong pokemon. The main thing this is affecting is the ability RNG without taking forever, and also, it's impossible to get shinies this way.

If I did RNG abuse for eggs, is the PID still completely separate? What method would I use to find my time, and also, how do I hatch the egg when I do it this way? (Also, try to answer without straying from what's in the video I posted, since that's really all I know about the RNG right now)

EDIT: If you have a way to go around the NPCs advancing the PIDRNG, that'd be just as good btw. I just really want to be able to control the PIDRNG in any way possible. NPCs being in placing I need to be (like Celestial Tower) are making it too hard.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I'm now trying breeding, what fun. From my experience it looks like you can't really control the PIDRNG because of the NPCs. Is there any way to control it or am I stuck with just hoping I get something good?

alright thanks kaphotics and one more question. is there something about Dragonspiral Tower that makes it harder to hit seeds? i was successfully able to hit one of my seeds on wild pokemon finally but in Dragonspiral im finding im off alot more. Its C-Gear also

alright thanks kaphotics and one more question. is there something about Dragonspiral Tower that makes it harder to hit seeds? i was successfully able to hit one of my seeds on wild pokemon finally but in Dragonspiral im finding im off alot more.
I caught my Hex Flawless Jolly Mienfoo in Dragonspiral 1F the other day without too much trouble. You're probably just hitting your alternate Timer0 value. Keep trying.

@ Slashmolder: If you save inside the house then mash left and A as you exit to talk to the man as fast as possible, you should be able to get consistent PIDs.

Ok, so I've never used a Chatot before (and honestly I wouldn't give a fuck about Chatot except it apparently can advance the PIDRNG), so...how do you make this dumb recording? I just caught 2 of them in Pearl and I'm not seeing any options at all...and yes, this is the first time in...what, 5 years or so I've caught a Chatot.

Along those lines, does this recording have to be made in B/W, or can I make it in Pearl (however the hell you do that) and transfer it over and it'll still advance the pidrng?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)