B&W Research Thread

oooooooh

What is the percentage/fraction? I.E. Ingrain is normally 1/16; what is it boosted to?
Wait now that you brought it up

Cradily's max HP is 124
None Big Root Ingrain did: 7/124 = ~ 5.645%
Big Root Ingrain did: 9/124 = ~ 7.258%
22.2% increase

+

Ferrothorn who has 116 HP
None Big Root Ingrain did: 7/116 = ~ 6.03%
Big Root Ingrain did: 9/116 = ~ 7.758%
22.27% increase

+

Amoongus who has 182 HP
None Big Root Ingrain did: 11/182 = ~ 6.04%
Big Root Ingrain did: 14/182 = ~ 7.69%
21.4% increase

And 6.25/8.25 (the 4th gen none-big root, and big root respectively): 24% increase

So the above numbers are probably due to lower level/HP and rounding down, i.e Ingrain healing with or without big root probably hasn't changed from 4th gen.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
poccil's site said:
Victory Star

Even if bearer is not an active Pokémon, the accuracy of attacks by any active Pokémon on the bearer's side is multiplied by 1.1. (This effect is cumulative.)
Hmm poccil, is this 100% correct? Will my Virizion's Focus Blasts have 77% accuracy in Singles even if Victini is not on the field, or already dead?

And how does it work with Sand Veil? Will its 100 Acc moves have 80, or 88 Accuracy?

Mario With Lasers:

I've finished more in-game testing with Victory Star and updated that Ability's description on my site. To answer your first question: no, Victory Star doesn't raise accuracy while the Pokemon with Victory Star isn't on the field. To answer your second question: Both multipliers apply even if the attack has an accuracy of 100. The accuracy doesn't cap to 100 after each multiplier, but only after all accuracy multipliers have applied. In effect, both multipliers are multiplied together:

1.1 (Victory Star) * 0.8 (Sand Veil) = 0.88 (Both accuracy multipliers)

poccil:

The effect of Victory Star is cumulative if two or more Victini are on the same side. In this case, if there are no other effects changing the accuracy, the multiplier to the accuracy would be:

1.1 (Victory Star 1) * 1.1 (Victory Star 2) = 1.21

Or even:

1.1 (Victory Star 1) * 1.1 (Victory Star 2) * 1.1 (Victory Star 3) = 1.331

It should be kept in mind though, that the Victory Star Ability of a Pokemon that's rotated out doesn't apply; in my latest description for Victory Star ("Accuracy of attacks by bearer and its allies is multiplied by 1.1. (This effect is cumulative.") I use the term "bearer and its allies" rather than "any active Pokémon on the bearer's side", where a Pokemon that's rotated out has no "allies".

If Iron Barbs causes a user of Wake-Up Slap to faint, will it still wake up the target? Or will its side effect be negated similar to Rapid Spin and Dragon Tail?(in other words the target remains asleep)

mien:

I've finished testing. In this case, the target of Wake-Up Slap will remain asleep. The same applies to SmellingSalt, if the opponent is paralyzed rather than asleep.

hm, what if you have Victini, ditto and smeargle with transform, having a field of 3 Victini. And maybe with some gravity support? that would be cool to see Inferno hit(50% acc) and burn everything >:D..totally out classed by A LOT, but still fun to see

I've finished some extensive testing on which Abilities are prevented by Mold Breaker, Turboblaze, and Teravolt and which are not. This is the complete list, which I've also added to my abilities page.

The list of Abilities prevented by Mold Breaker, Teravolt, and Turboblaze is: Battle Armor, Big Pecks, Clear Body, Contrary, Damp (both the Selfdestruct/Explosion effect and the Aftermath effect), Dry Skin (both the boosted power and absorbing Water attacks), Filter, Flash Fire, Flower Gift (both the Attack and Special Defense boosts), Friend Guard, Heatproof, Heavy Metal, Hyper Cutter, Immunity, Inner Focus, Insomnia, Keen Eye, Leaf Guard, Levitate, Light Metal, Lightningrod, Limber, Magic Bounce, Magma Armor, Marvel Scale, Motor Drive, Multiscale, Oblivious (including when Oblivious prevents Captivate from working), Own Tempo, Sand Veil, Sap Sipper, Shell Armor, Shield Dust, Simple, Snow Cloak, Solid Rock, Soundproof, Sticky Hold, Storm Drain, Sturdy, Suction Cups, Tangled Feet, Telepathy, Thick Fat, Unaware, Vital Spirit, Volt Absorb, Water Absorb, Water Veil, White Smoke, Wonder Guard, and Wonder Skin.

TheMaskedNitpicker

Triple Threat
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You say Mold Breaker prevents the Attack boost from Flower Gift, presumably meaning the Attack boost that the Mold Breaker user would normally have if its ally has an activated Flower Gift ability.

If this is true, does Mold Breaker:

1. Eliminate the Mold Breaker bearer's Attack boost against all targets of a multi-target move that includes the Flower Gift bearer?

OR

2. Only eliminate the Attack boost for the damage against the Flower Gift bearer when using a multi-hit move (and retain boosted damage for all other targets)?

OR

3. Always eliminate the Flower Gift boost, even when the bearer of MoldBreaker attacks only non-bearers of Flower Gift?

TheMaskedNitpicker:

When I wrote my previous post, I had tested Flower Gift with a physical attack that targeted only an opposing Pokemon, not the bearer of Flower Gift. As a result, your answer 3 is the correct answer. Also, my description for Mold Breaker reads:

"While bearer is using an attack, effects due to certain Abilities by non-bearers [not necessarily by the attack's opponent] are not applied."

Does Wonder Skin block (occasionally, of course), the same moves that Magic Coat and Magic Bounce reflect?

Does Attract still work when a genderless Pokémon (Mew or Cryogonal) uses it against another genderless Pokémon? Bulbapedia says it doesn't.

CPU:

Your question implies whether non-damaging moves not affected by Magic Coat can have their accuracy affected by Wonder Skin. For this purpose, I tested Wonder Skin with Trick (one of the few non-damaging moves with an accuracy check and that isn't affected by Magic Coat.) In this case, Trick's accuracy became 50 and can be avoided with Wonder Skin.

EDIT: I should note here that even direct attacks that already have an additional effect can cause poison with Poison Touch. I've tested Poison Touch with Iron Tail, Fire Punch, ThunderPunch, Ice Punch, Poison Tail, Bite, and Gyro Ball, and all such attacks can cause poisoning with Poison Touch.

Does Attract still work when a genderless Pokémon (Mew or Cryogonal) uses it against another genderless Pokémon? Bulbapedia says it doesn't.
I don't know if Breludicolo was talking to you in his post but, Attract does not work if the target is genderless or the attacker is genderless.

CPU:

Your question implies whether non-damaging moves not affected by Magic Coat can have their accuracy affected by Wonder Skin. For this purpose, I tested Wonder Skin with Trick (one of the few non-damaging moves with an accuracy check and that isn't affected by Magic Coat.) In this case, Trick's accuracy became 50 and can be avoided with Wonder Skin.
Yeah, that was more or less my question. Interesting result, I guess it means that Wonder Skin probably has a few moves that Magic Coat doesn't reflect. Of course, I'm sure that Wonder Skin doesn't block every move that Magic Coat reflects, too, like Stealth Rock.

CPU, Breludicolo:

No, because Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Stealth Rock have no accuracy, so Wonder Skin can't change the "accuracy" of these attacks. In this respect, Wonder Skin is not very different from other effects that modify accuracy, such as Sand Veil, evasiveness, and BrightPowder.

Tenodera:

In that case, Skill Swap will succeed with Zen Mode. However, unless the Pokemon receiving Zen Mode is a Darmanitan, that Ability will have no effect.
Moreover, the Pokemon who lost Zen Mode, if it's a Darmanitan, reverts to Standard Mode.

Something wierd happened while I was catching a Ditto, I started the battle with a Lv 48 Sigilyph then switched to and had Ditto Transform into a Lv 1 Munna, then i switched back to Sigilyph, the Ditto used psywave and took out about a quarter of my Sigilyph's HP each turn, Munna had a Sp.Att of 6 and Sigilyph had a Sp.Def of 126, it doesn't add up.

Something wierd happened while I was catching a Ditto, I started the battle with a Lv 48 Sigilyph then switched to and had Ditto Transform into a Lv 1 Munna, then i switched back to Sigilyph, the Ditto used psywave and took out about a quater of my Sigilyph's HP each turn, Munna had a Sp.Att of 6 and Sigilyph had a Sp.Def of 126, it doesn't add up.
You should probably look up what Psywave does again. Ditto is still whatever level it was (Transform doesn't copy level), and Psywave's damage is based on level (randomly from 0.5 to 1.5 times the user's level). Like Night Shade and Seismic Toss, this damage ignores stats.

You should probably look up what Psywave does again. Ditto is still whatever level it was (Transform doesn't copy level), and Psywave's damage is based on level (randomly from 0.5 to 1.5 times the user's level). Like Night Shade and Seismic Toss, this damage ignores stats.
Oh I thought the base power was 0.5-1.5 times the user's level, my bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)