i made a small change to smeargle, replacing dark void with taunt...
that's because i'm beginning to meet too many trick roomers with lum or chesto berry... and some ghost types (dusknoir) that cannot be faked out..
a nice situation occured to me before replacing dark void with taunt : i met bronzong with lum berry and trick room, and rhyperior as starters, and i didn't know what to do..until i came up with the idea of using gastro acid on bronzong, so to be sure that slaking EQ would have killed it... so i gladly sacrificed smeargle, but killed bronzong and heavy damage to rhyp on first turn...then latias replaced smeargle for an easy kill on ryh on second turn, and everything went ok.
i'm currently at 217 and going...
Originally Posted by Fat fabsmg68
i'm having good results in double battles with a brand new team :
main strategy is spore the most dangerous opponent, and double edge the other
second turn : spore the sent-in pokemon, slaking loafs, the other opponent still spored
third turn : double edge the opponent that best suits, switch smeargle with latias or garchomp accordingly to the opponents.
the rest of the battle goes quite easy, considering that smeargle is still alive and can spore/dark void/fake out when switched in.
dangerous situations at first turn :
- a fake outer, that is handled with a fake out from smeargle
- opponents with priority moves (es. mach punch) that could kill smeargle : in that cas switch to latias/garchomp, accordingly to the type of expected move
- no opponents that can be OHKO by slaking : i try a dark void
other notes :
- the presence of latias help in abusing garchomp or slaking earthquake
- if, at first turn, there are no particular threats (no fight moves, no trick roomers, no dangerous status moves) i go with gastro acid on slaking.. if the remaining opponent kills smeargle, i remain with slaking without truant and af full ps (minus double edge recoil), otherwise i remain with smeargle alive and slaking without truant and at low ps, but that can OHKO again next turn... both scenarios are usually good for me
it's amazing how efficient this strategy is going.. i'm at 100+ streak, and i met very few critical situations...