Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

Congratulations!
Still a disappointment that you don't get any items later on though.
-

So after messing with Follow me a bit - and really liking it - I think I can make Marowak work:

Marowak @ Thick Club
Nature: Adamant?
EVs: ?

Belly Drum
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Protect/Substitute

+ Gravity support

Now I'm not really sure how to operate. Go for the absolute Overkill with Adamant, 252 Atk? Somewhat pointless I think as there's nothing in Battle Subway that can live an Earthquake from Marowak at +6 - even without being Adamant.
So I thought I might go for a Careful nature as the only thing I'll be having trouble with are Sashed Surfs and Blizzards as Follow me doesn't work on these. Opinions?

SDSubChomp issue/question

So I was wondering if a SDChomp or SDSubChomp with d.claw would be nearly as effective as one with outrage in battle subway. I was thinking about sdsub or sd variant with yache or haban or focus sash and using d.claw but I wasn't too sure if it would lose way too much power...enough to not make chomp worthwhile in subway or not

I've been using my Trick Uxie, Curse/Amnesia Registeel, and Sub/SD/Lum Berry Garchomp I used in Platinum. It works decently, but I find the CPU switching out after I Trick a Choice Scarf onto a support move. I definitely might want to rethink it. Most of the time Bug / Dark / Ghost attacks aimed at Uxie can be handled by Reigsteel. If the opponent uses a support move, or Fire move that Garchomp can switch into, he'll switch in. Garchomp is definitely faster to setup, but carries quite a bit of risk. I carry Outrage so I can blow through even Steel Pokemon at +6, and Lum allows me to switch into things like Will-O-Wisp, and Substitute next turn. But it lets me keep moving with Outrage as well.

Super Singles;

Uxie @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Impish / Levitate
252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpDef

- Trick
- Flash
- Memento
- Thunder-Wave

Registeel @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish / Clear Body
252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 Def

- Substitute
- Amnesia
- Curse
- Iron Head

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Nature: Adamant / Sand Veil
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed

- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage

hmmm i had one nice streak (70), that ended quite sloppy with:

mespirit @ choice scarf
252 hp 252 spe
trick
flash
charm
t-wave

drapion @ black sludge
252 hp / sdef
crunch
accupressure
rest
sub

gyarados @ leftues
252 attack / xx hp / 124? Spd

dd
ice fang
waterfall
eq

quite like the team and fan of gyarados :) will try to get higher

It looks like EvilMario copy and pasted that team, but either way, I find Trick Scarf Uxie to be very flawed in Subway. I have had tons more success using a Ring Target Uxie than I have Choice Scarf

White Version Battle Subway Super Singles Record: 90

Proof:
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i280/Spottednoble/Foto0013.jpg

How I lost: 56-38280-29461

First time poster here! I’ve been following this thread since its creation. The data in this thread is so valuable especially TRE’s contributions. You’re the man, TRE!
Anyway, I spent this weekend tinkering with this team. Before you ask, I did RNG these Pokemon. I mention this here because I'm not sure what this board's attitude toward RNGing is.

Archeops @Flying Gem
Nickname: Cuauhtemoc
Ability: Defeatist
Nature: Jolly
IVs: 31/ 31 /31 / 29 / 31 / 31
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Attack / 252 speed
Lv.50 stats: 151 / 192 / 85 / 117 / 85 / 178
Moves:
- Acrobatics
- Rockslide
- U-Turn
-Earthquake

He's the lead. Can OHKO nearly anything not resistant to Acrobatics. He needs the Jolly nature so he can outspeed more Pokemon that would otherwise make him into lunch meat. Even outspeeds non-scarf Garchomp which incidentally, makes Archeops perfect for figuring out whether the opponent is scarfed or just spamming. U-Turn is for switching out in case the opponent opens up with a Pokemon that could rip open Archeops. It can also be used to break Sturdy and Focus Sash! If the threat is a water, ice, steel, or Stone-Edge/Head Smash move, switch to Rotom-W. Weaker rock moves (rock slide) can be handled well by Garchomp. Also, electric moves and Jolteon/Electrode leads can't kill Archeops because you'll be smart enough to switch out to Garchomp.

Archeops’s biggest weakness is that every move he has that isn’t Acrobatics doesn’t have the power to OHKO bulkier Pokemon which leaves him open to be KO’d. It happened a lot, and it may seem bad, but the key is to judge when to use U-Turn/Switch to another Pokemon, or when to stay and fight. Sometimes, Archeops needs to faint to safely bring in Garchomp or Rotom-W. And if you're wondering about Rock Slide, I hate miss-hax in Battle Subway, so if Rock Slide will miss, so would have Stone Edge, but at least I play knowing that Rock Slide won't miss as often as Stone Edge. Plus, the chance to make the opponent flinch is a bonus. Starmie 4 can be a nightmare. So far I’ve been lucky and it goes for the STAB Surf to try to take out Archeops, so Rotom-W switches in easily and finishes Starmie with a Thunderbolt.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Nickname: Quiahuitl
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
IVs: 31/26 /31 / 30 / 31 / 30
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 130 speed
Lv.50 stats: 141 / 74 / 127 / 171 / 127 / 122
Moves:
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split
- Hidden Power (Fire)
-Hydro Pump

Rotom-W usually acts as a conduit between Archeops and Garchomp when Archeops uses U-Turn. It is much needed bulk for this otherwise frail team. It effectively has no weaknesses because most grass move users get taken care of by Archeops's Acrobatics. Basically, Rotom-W soaks up damage and pumps out its own damage. With calculated use of Pain Split, he prolongs his life to hopefully take down two before falling. I picked HP-Fire over Ice because there would be too much overlap with Thunderbolt, it gives me coverage against Ice types, and Garchomp pretty much has dragons covered (Save for Latios). Also, most of the steel types aren't Specially bulky so HP-Fire is great. He's also slow enough to take advantage of the opponent's Trick Room when up against faster Pokemon. Confused? Sometimes – especially in the lower streaks – the opponent would pair up Trick Room users with fast Pokemon like Froslass.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Nickname: Olin
Ability: Sand Veil
IVs: 31/ 31 /31 / 29 / 31 / 31
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Attack / 252 speed
Lv.50 stats: 184 / 182 / 115 / 89 / 105 / 169
Moves:
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance
-Earthquake

Obvious standard set is obvious. He covers the blatant electric weakness this team's lead has, and is a powerhouse on his own. Swords Dance is there because it can be used correctly to counter Curses used when you switch into Garchomp, and do a strong sweep when facing “sitting ducks” like Electrode and Jolteon (Do not consider Luxray to be in this category. He can have Ice Fang in his set, and even if you manage to kill him, Life Orb will likely take the rest of Garchomp's health!).

Overall
Usually Archeops will either single-handedly sweep the opponent's team, or you'll be switching/U-Turning out, and either Rotom-W or Garchomp will be the star for that battle. That was the interesting bit here! I believe that because these three have their own weakness (except for the shared Ice-weakness on Archeops and Garchomp) and because one of the three ends up soloing the AI’s teams each battle, it confuses the AI into trying different approaches to wipe me. Unfortunately for the AI, these three also COVER each other’s obvious weakness very well.
Legendary teams can be difficult especially if they use Latios. Rotom-W will be your champion for that close fight. However, legendary teams can also be laughably pathetic, especially if they run the Bird Trio. Right now, the only teams that can really break me are Hail teams that use Snow Cloak. Hax-miss on Hidden Power (Fire) sucks. There was an interesting Sunny Day team that almost had me around battle 80. I OHKO his Exeggutor lead. Then he sent out a Victreebel with a Focus Sash that set up a Sunny Day. It then proceeded to annihilate Archeops with Solar Beam. It also crippled Garchomp’s HP before it died, and then Lilligant tried stalling with Leech Seed and Leftys. Once my Garchomp got confused from Outrage, I decided to switch out and have Rotom take out some of her health before fainting to an Energy Ball (Sunny Day ended when the turn Garchomp got confused.). I was glad I did this because damage from confusion on Garchomp would have both killed him and given Lilligant enough health that there would be no way in hell Rotom-W could solo it.
To conclude, this team generally makes for fast-paced battles. It’s a personal success in my book because this is exactly what I wanted. I ended up losing at battle 91 because I overestimated Rotom-W’s ability to take Gengar 4’s Sludge Bomb, and I overestimated Rotom-W’s special attack because he was not able to OHKO Gengar. I’ll post the battle video code at the top. You’ll see that I should have used Pain Split instead of Thunderbolt. Moral of the story, don’t be afraid to put the game in sleep mode to use a damage calculator.

Not going to go into too much detail about this streak, since it was pretty much just a fairly quickly constructed team that I didn't really give too much thought to:

Super Single Subway Streak of 90 using:

1. Uxie / Bold @ Scarf - not RNGed so I don't remember EVs/IVs (might have had it down somewhere in posts in previous streaks though)
- Trick / Twave / Stealth Rock / Memento

2. Volcarona / Modest @ Sitrus Berry
IVs: 31/23/30/31/30/30 (HP Rock 70)
EVs: 252 HP 252 SpA 4 Speed (speed EVs didn't do anything)
- Quiver Dance / Flamethrower / Hidden Power / Substitute

3. Suicune / Bold @ Leftovers
IVs: 31/?/31/30/31/31
EVs: I had it somewhere in previous post. It's the same Suicune
- Calm Mind / Sub / Surf / Rest

Strategy / Notes / Comments:
- Obviously the same Trick strategy as before.

- Same Suicune that I use everywhere else. It's just an amazing pokemon. After a memento, it can pretty much set up on anything. E.g. I was using this team and setting up on Thunder punch Electivire. But yeah, Sub AND Rest are both necessary for setting up to happen with more certainty. It outstalls any water absorber that doesn't have curse or perish song anyway. Even Cursers sometimes actually, depending on how they play.

- The main "thing" about this team actually, was just that I wanted to try out Quiver Dance cuz it sounded like a really awesome move, and it kind of is. Volcarona has enough special bulk to take advantage of Quiver Dance. At the same time, after 2, sometimes 3 quiver dances, it can pretty much OHKO anything that is neutral to fire or weak to rock and 2HKO others. Rock mainly for flash fire pokemon, obviously.

- I thought about mono-Attack (Bug Buzz) with rest too. MAYBE I'll still give that a try some time. Quite a few things 4x resist Bug Buzz though. Heatran wouldn't be a problem because of Quiver Dance and all Subway Heatran are special, but probably somethings will be hard to deal with with just Bug Buzz -> will look into more later.
EDIT: OHHH right, ... there's also SOUND PROOF. Well, I guess Bug Buzz Mono attack is out.

- I'm a bit surprised that no one used Trick-Stealth Rock-Twave-Memento Uxie in Subway yet. I think only a few (including myself) used it for 4th Gen, but yeah, Stealth Rock is even better now than before from all those Sturdy pokemon. Even in this short 90 streak I've already faced several teams that had multiple sturdy pokemon in the same team (seeing Gigalith/Golem/Donphan/etc. in the same team isn't uncommon at all). Having stealth rock down just made things really simple. in Gen 4, SR was good for the few focus sashers and just slightly more damage upon entry, but yeah, in this Gen, it's an even more important move. If I were to use a mono-Attack Volcarona, I'll definitely need it, since flying and fire types (which resist bug) are weak to stealth rock (all 0.25x bug resists are 4x weak to stealth rock I think?).

O yeah, how I lost:
I forgot what I faced, but it was something that got tricked into a non-damaging move and switched to Leafeon
Facing Leafeon-> after Uxie did its thing twave/sr/memento, I try setting up with Volcarona. Aerial ace still did enough to break Volcarona's sub. Lost because of QC crit AA. Heh. Leaf Blade crit Suicune also, but I didn't expect Suicune to beat out Leafeon. O well.

I'll see what else I'll do with this next.

@fluffyflyingpig:
You forgot to replace my team members with yours when copying my layout^^
Anyway, Congratulations to this great streak.

I didn't play Subway last time, but in Pt Frontier, where I achieved this record:

Battle Arcade Doubles
Streak: 290
Team: Tauros, Latias, Metagross

Tauros(@Life Orb)
Jolly 4/252/0/0/0/252
Intimidate
- Return
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Latias(@Lum Berry)
Timid 4/0/0/252/0/252
Levitate
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Metagross(@Occa Berry)
Adamant 252/252/0/0/0/4
Clear Body
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
- Explosion

Basically the same team I used in the Battle Tower (see this post for detailed information), but as you can use only 3 pokemon instead of 4 in Arcade Doubles I had to remove one. I didn't want to remove Tauros and Latias because the team was based on the great synergy of those two and I needed Metagross because of its resistances (especially Ice), the always useful Explosion, its bulk (so it doesn't depend on an item so much like Gengar does on Focus Sash), its ability to deal with Ice and Trick Room Teams well, and so on.
Although Tauros has much less power without Life Orb, it works relatively well without the item, Latias also works without Lum Berry (though it loses a safety net against random freezes, annoying paralysis etc.) and Meta almost never needed the Occa Berry anyway.
So I gave this team a try and it worked really well. The strategy is explained in the link above, so I will only write about the things that are different in the Arcade:
Firstly, you know the opponents team members, which means, you can plan the battle to some extent and sometimes save an important pokemon and sacrifice another one, which cannot do much against the opponent anyway.
Secondly, what is even more important, is the roulette panel before every battle.
If you hit the right square, you can win the next battle easier, which is usually not needed because my team beats most opposing teams without problems under neutral conditions.
If you hit a problematic square, even normally easy battles can be hard and might result in a loss.
Due to this, I always tried to target a "safe" square on the roulette. This means, the square itself has no negative effect on my team (but also not neccessarily a positive one), and the square directly right and left to the targeted one are also not dangerous for my team. If I could target a square with positive effects without high risk, I targeted this one, of course.
In most battles, there was a neutral or positive square I could target under this conditions, if not, I had to target one, that only had a relatively harmless negative square next to it.
Therefore, I ranked the squares in terms of dangerousness:
---
Switch teams: This is the worst you can get, as you have almost lost because most opponents' teams are inferior to mine and have lots of weaknesses. I always tried to completely avoid this square (with success).
Random Roulette: Losing the control over the roulette is obviously problematic, as you cannot avoid "Switch teams" and other dangerous squares.

--
Fast Roulette: Same reasons as above, but a bit less problematic, as you can at least approximately target and avoid the most dangerous squares that way.
Paralysis: I don't have an immunity and two of my pokemon depend on their high speed relatively much, so this is quite problematic. Meta often helped in such situations, but still there were a few close battles with paralysis, and finally I also lost because of this.
Freeze and Sleep: Both put me in a problematic 2:3 situation (at least temporarily), which can be fatal against dangerous teams, but is usually unimportant against weaker ones, as I can beat those even with only two of my team members.
Trick Room: Similar to paralysis, but without annoying fully paras and Meta even could outspeed some foes because of this. But still dangerous, as it cripples Tauros and Latias to some extent.
Fog: It's obviously problematic to have to hope that your attacks will hit...

-
Reducing my pokemons' HP: Those 20 % usually don't make a difference, but against dangerous foes they might possibly do.
Poison: Similar to above, but Latias and Tauros might take more damage over the time; Meta is immune
Foe level up: Similar to the two above
Items/Berries for the opponent: Usually completely unimportant, but sometimes they get really useful items like Focus Sash or Life Orb. But even then I usually don't have a real problem and most of the time they get something useless anyway.
Items for my pokemon: It may first seem odd to see this here, but there is a reason: You can get Choice Items, which make Protect useless and you can also get things like Black Sludge or Iron Ball (I'm not absolutely sure, if you can get those two after 49, but I think so; though, I never got one in all those battles, but a Choice Band and Scarf once), and I didn't want to risk this.

Nothing happens: obvious
Weather effects: Usually unimportant, as my team is not really influenced by any of them. If the opponent has an Ice team or pokemon with Blizzard, Hail should be avoided. Same with other weather abusers and the appropriate weather, but Hail is the most problematic for my team.
BP and 3 BP: Only looking at the battle (what I did, as I wanted to get a long streak and had enough BP anyway), this is the same as the "Nothing happens" square.

+
Berries for my team: Usually useless, but I would have lost one battle without a Sitrus Berry on Meta. (because a Levitate-Bronzong put Meta to sleep with Hypnosis for four turns and got 3 crits with Signal Beam)
Level-Up for my team: Usually doesn't make a difference, as I beat most opponents easily anyway, but it's a bit easier with this. Oh, and it protects me from OHKO users. Once I faced Lapras and Dewgong and was suprised that their OHKO moves failed becaused I didn't think of that before, that made this battle much easier.
Poison on foe/Reduces foe's HP: Also doesn't make a difference most of the time, but can be really helpful against bulkier foes.

++
Paralysis and burn on foe: Both conditions make weak teams useless and dangerous teams much less dangerous, so it's usually a safe win even against problematic foes if I hit one of those squares.
Freeze and sleep on foe: Basically a 3:2 situation (if the opponent does not thaw out immediately), which means an easy win for me.

+++
Skip Battle: Obviously great.
Slow down Roulette: This is really helpful to avoid fatal misclicks on the roulette. If I already had hit it once (in one of the 7 battles), it's usefulness is downgraded to + as I can control the roulette then anyway.

As mentioned above, I primarily try to avoid negative effects instead of getting the best effects possible with the risk of misclicking on a dangerous square.

In my last battle (the one I lost, obviously), the roulette didn't have a "save" target and so I had to risk something and targeted a square next to one that paralyses my team and accidentially hit this one.
As my opponents Magmortar and Scizor (and something I forgot) were relatively problematic anyway, I knew I had lost even before the battle had begun. Magmortar killed Tauros with Focus Blast, Scizor killed Latias with X-Scissor Crit and Meta was OHKO'd by Overheat.
Without the paralysis I would have had good chances of winning this (as I could KO Magmortar with EQ+Psychic and weaken Scizor a bit, so I'm still in a good 2-2 position even if Scizor gets the crit), but those speculations don't help, the streak is over.

Here's the video of the last battle: 63-77567-28937
And a photo:

First time poster here, but been lurking for a while. I do plan to post up my Singles Streak when I get to a good one:

I'm mainly looking for insight here with this post.

Since my team of Infernape / Latios / Garchomp / Thundurus has failed to give me a long streak, topping out at 63, I want to try a new team before modifying that one and trying again. I was kind of thinking of using the Starmie + Toxicroak combo I saw on Smogon, but I am withholding that for now. Here is my ideas:

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
Sheer Force
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Flare Blitz
-Earthquake
-Superpower
-Rock Slide/U-Turn

Thundurus @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Timid
Prankster
-Thunderbolt
-Grass Knot
-Hidden Power Ice
-Volt Switch / Nasty Plot / Protect

The goal for the starters? Take out something turn 1 to give myself a 4-3 lead if at all possible. Then proceed to systematically take out my opponent's team 1 by one by tag teaming on them. The goal is to not give my threatening stuff like Trick Room leads a chance to set it up. I picked Thundurus over Latios to lead with Darmanitan because it can Thunderbolt and Grass Knot which covers all of Darmanitans type weaknesses I'm sure to see. The Nasty Plot option is for when I run into something I know Darmanitan can handle on his own, I can Plot up and sweep harder.

Scizor @ Life Orb / Focus Sash (whichever Thundurus doesn't use)
Adamant
Technician
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
-Bug Bite
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Swords Dance

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold
Water Absorb
248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Sp. Def
-Scald
-Ice Beam / Toxic
-Helping Hand
-Wish

More cleanup than anything because (hopefully) Darmanitan and Thundurus should leave the opponent with less Pokemon and big dents in whatever is left. The Scizor is common and it's the one I'm using on my current Super Single streak. I'm not 100% on Vaporeon, but the idea of crazy powerful Tech Bullet Punches is great. It also gives me something to switch to in case I run into something with Darmanitan that makes me want to switch out. If not Vaporeon, a faster sweeper with great type coverage will go here.

Off the top of my head, I see Scarfers will be a pain, but I should be able to work around them. Aerodactyls and their Rock Sliding asses will also suck. Not entirely sure how to deal with it yet other than switch out 1 for Scizor or Vaporeon to take out next turn. Aero is why I'm considering Protect.
==========================

Other options:

1. The Beat up Whimsicott (Maybe with Trick Room even) + Terrakion combo + 2 Clean Ups.

2. Specs Starmie + Toxicroak

I achieved 69 wins in Super Doubles, which isn't good enough for the list.

Very sad moment when I received a critical hit from the opponent to lose the battle :(

Something interesting I found out just now...

I'm currently trying out this team:

Metagross @ Choice Scarf - Trick / Stealth Rock / Scary Face / Flash
Latios @ Draco Plate (heh, might switch to Lum) - Calm Mind / Dragon Pulse / Sub / Rest
Gyarados @ Leftovers - Dragon Dance / Sub / Waterfall / EQ

What seems to be happening is: when opponent is locked into a ground move and I switch to Gyarados, opponent WILL switch. However, when I switch to Latios for the ground attacks, opponent DOES NOT switch out. So, seemingly AI will switch when locked into a move that's immune by typing, but not by ability.

I've also used a Jolteon Sash annoyer lead (Charm/Twave/Yawn/Flash) yesterday and sometimes Jolteon gets hit by Twave for no particular reason too. Somehow they aren't very mindful of abilities even though they have knowledge of it?

Anyway, streak is currently no where near high enough for show, so I'll just have to hope it gets somewhere.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
That´s correct, I have the same experience, no more free setting up Chomp on thunderbolts, thunder waves etc., oponent switches.

updated the list yesterday, by the way

nice one there, fluffy

i'm having good results in double battles with a brand new team :

Smeargle@choice scarf
own tempo
jolly
31/xx/31/xx/31/31
252 speed
252 hp
6 def

spore
dark void
gastro acid
fake out
------------
slaking@choice band
adamant
27/31/22/xx/31/31
252 atk
252 speed
6 sp.def

truant
double edge
earthquake
fire punch
night slash
-------------------
garchomp@focus sash
sand veil
jolly
17/31/31/xx/31/31
252 speed
252 atk
6 hp

swords dance
dragon claw
outrage
earthquake
---------------
latias@life orb
modest
levitate
28/xx/25/30/26/16
128 hp
128 def
252 sp.atk

psychic
thunderbold
ice beam
surf

main strategy is spore the most dangerous opponent, and double edge the other
second turn : spore the sent-in pokemon, slaking loafs, the other opponent still spored
third turn : double edge the opponent that best suits, switch smeargle with latias or garchomp accordingly to the opponents.

the rest of the battle goes quite easy, considering that smeargle is still alive and can spore/dark void/fake out when switched in.

dangerous situations at first turn :
- a fake outer, that is handled with a fake out from smeargle
- opponents with priority moves (es. mach punch) that could kill smeargle : in that cas switch to latias/garchomp, accordingly to the type of expected move
- no opponents that can be OHKO by slaking : i try a dark void

other notes :
- the presence of latias help in abusing garchomp or slaking earthquake
- if, at first turn, there are no particular threats (no fight moves, no trick roomers, no dangerous status moves) i go with gastro acid on slaking.. if the remaining opponent kills smeargle, i remain with slaking without truant and af full ps (minus double edge recoil), otherwise i remain with smeargle alive and slaking without truant and at low ps, but that can OHKO again next turn... both scenarios are usually good for me

it's amazing how efficient this strategy is going.. i'm at 100+ streak, and i met very few critical situations...

Something interesting I found out just now...

I'm currently trying out this team:

Metagross @ Choice Scarf - Trick / Stealth Rock / Scary Face / Flash
Latios @ Draco Plate (heh, might switch to Lum) - Calm Mind / Dragon Pulse / Sub / Rest
Gyarados @ Leftovers - Dragon Dance / Sub / Waterfall / EQ

What seems to be happening is: when opponent is locked into a ground move and I switch to Gyarados, opponent WILL switch. However, when I switch to Latios for the ground attacks, opponent DOES NOT switch out. So, seemingly AI will switch when locked into a move that's immune by typing, but not by ability.

I've also used a Jolteon Sash annoyer lead (Charm/Twave/Yawn/Flash) yesterday and sometimes Jolteon gets hit by Twave for no particular reason too. Somehow they aren't very mindful of abilities even though they have knowledge of it?

Anyway, streak is currently no where near high enough for show, so I'll just have to hope it gets somewhere.

interesting info. just throwing this out there (doubt be useable)

on that info if you use a trick lead which attracks alot of t-waves do you think it would be useable/possible to abuse a limber bulk up hitmonlee?

so many pokes 1st turn twave and if they dont switch on ability lee could have a easy set up. like i said just thinking out loud lol.

example team -

azelf@choice scarf
trick
flash
t-wave
skill swap/reflect

hitmonlee@wide/zoom lens (cant remember which is best)
limber
sub
bulk up
hi jump kick
sucker punch/bullet punch/blaze kick

arcanine@leftovers
justified
extemespeed
howl
flare blitz
close combat (if available aint to fresh on this dream world stuff)

like i said complete talking outloud but on that info these abilitys could give you the time to set up. (dont switch on twave and dark moves boost arcs attack+howl)

(obviously this team would fail due to if they dont use persific move/both pysical/type coverage/no weakness cover etc)

so yeah just a quick thought which possibly could turn into something semi decent i guess....neway good luck everyone :)

edit

@peterko - aint to bothered due to not an outstanding streak but thought i'd mention you never added mine (page 4 i think)(only pointing it out due to its higher than last one currently posted). like i said aint to bothered if its added due to sure i'l get higher streak when more time is free. but cheers for updating lists which better streaks its a great reference :)

:( I was only able to get to 60, an unimpressive streak by Smogon standards (though tbh, I was pretty pleased with getting so far), but a new one for me! It's not noteworthy, and I can't provide proof due to me not even having a computer (this is a phone, with a broken camera), but I still felt like I should post regardless. The team:

Darmanitan @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-Turn

Standard, except my HP IV was like 25 or 26 or something, so I left it on account of it being an odd number.

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Nature: Modest
Ability: Swift Swin
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Omastar, the ignored Shell Smasher. Its decent SpA and SS are what made me use it. At +2 Spe, it'll outspeed all unboosted Pokemon except +natured Accelgor. And Swift Swim is a must, allowing it to outspeed RD Jolteon and Electrode without SS, so that it can take them out without worrying about Thunder's paralysis. Works wonders against things Darmanitan can't take down. Has trouble with bulky Waters though, even at +2.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 236 HP / 48 Def / 224 SpD
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Worry Seed

Ah, Whimsicott is truly the MVP here. EVs are screwy because it originally couldn't hold Leftovers, so now it has an HP stat of 165 instead of 161. Ah well. Anyway, against AI, you will never find a better SubSeeder. If they can't kill it in one shot, they're going down. Leech Seed strikes, then alternate between Sub and Protect to whittle them down. And if they don't have priority of their own, then hooray, you win. Worry Seed is absolutely critical to stave off all those Resters the BS attracts. Not to mention that ability nullification has come in handy so many times (Poison Heal Breloon, Guts Hariyama and Conkeldurr, and Magic Guard Reuniclus are just some of the many Pokemon that lose out due to Worry Seed). It has some trouble with Taunters, but even they stand a good chance of losing if they don't Taunt right away. The only Pokemon Whimsicott can't destroy, of course, are Grass Pokemon. I would highly recommend Whimsicott for any team in need of a Grass Pokemon.

My streak ended thanks to Entei 1; Darmanitan was dead, Omastar had already SSed, was down to 1 HP, and had swept the other two Pokemon. I surf, it lives, it kills Omastar with Stone Edge. Poor Whimsicott was left...I Sub, expecting Overheat (hoping it'd do it twice, and let me live), it crit SEs (meaning I wasn't surviving anyhow). I Protect for health, it SEs. I fear a crit, so I Sub. It Overheats, my Sub breaks. I Protect, SE. I use Leech Seed, it Fire Fangs, gg Entei.

Lost at 511. Trick room, both leads could've set it up so it was a coinflip that I lost to kill the right one. I'll do a full writeup and consolidate my thoughts and update the post linked in the OP at some point. Maybe I'll continue on with Whimsicott, Uxie, and Drapion now, but they are so SLOW. Or time to try something else.

I like the scarf Smeargle idea, I may try something similar next. Anyone try abusing Mummy with Slaking/Regigigas yet? Or using evolite? And new weather options this gen. So many things to try.

....... Dang why did battle subway eat fresh have to be hard as doo doo.... Anyways all I've managed to come up with is a streak of 70 using my official NARUTO! TEAM (I actually didn't think they'd make it this far but they did!):

Zoroark/9TailedFox
Timid nature
Ability:Illusion
Evs 6 hp, 252 sp.atk, 252 speed
Item: life orb
Moveset:
Nasty plot
Dark pulse
Flamethrower
Grass knot

Suicune/SeaGoddess
Bold nature
Ability:pressure
Evs 252hp, 252defense, 6 sp.def
Item:lum berry
moveset:
surf
calm mind
substitute
rest

Shedinja/Ninjitso
Adament nature
ability:wonder guard
Evs 252 attack, 252 spe
Item:focus sash
Moveset:
X-scissor
Sucker punch
Dig
Swords dance

Long story short this is a Zoroark based team as you can see with shedinja at back. the computer usually falls for it and starts switching out and stuff allowing 9 tails to pull off a nasty plot and pretty much knock out every one in 1 hit with Life orb dark pulse. send out a resistant steel type I use flamethrower respectivley. if they send out a fire type pokemon in which they will attack wonder zoroark I switch in suicune who hugs the attack and sets her self up. same for a rock type pokemon. anyway this is how I lost i'm gonna try again with same team and everything so I'll make this one brief:

Breeder Janet sent out Tyranitar!
I send out 9 tailed fox
9Tailed fox used grass knot knocking T-tar to lower yellow hp
T-tar used Rock slide 1 hit K O zoroark
I send out SeaGoddess(now at this point I'm thinking that this match is over cause opponent 63 used T-tar and I barely won against them. I start a whole new round and they send his stupid butt out there again, when this happens I already know they gettin ready to cheat.) Ahem, SeaGoddess uses calm mind T'tar uses super power knocking me from 205hp-144 sand-132. she uses substitute 144-81 sand 81-69 he uses super power again. she uses rest 69-205 lum, he uses super power knocks sub out, sand 205-193. sub193-142 he use Earthquake, sand 142-130. she use calm mind he use dragon tail, sand 130-118. surf him away, sand 118-106. Janet sends out Snorlax!!!!! She surfs him he hugs it and uses Belly drum!!! he goes to red and eats his sitrus putting him back on yellow sand 106-94. She surfs he takes it on magical red he double edges knocking out my sub and himself, sand 94-82. Janet sends out GYARADOS! HOORAY! a water resistant idiot who not only has high sp.defense but can aggrandize his attack stat as well!!!! I use rest 82-205 instead of going for the K.O. he psychicly uses dragon dance, sand 205-193. He uses earthquake 193-143, sand 143-131. he uses d dance slp 2nd turn sand 131-119. he uses earthquake 119-58 i wake and surf him and he hugs it.....you know what cut the chase sand is out there shedinja my last pokemon I go for sucker punch he use rest game over.

Anyway I would of won if I pulled off more calm minds against stupid AI T-tar who kept using super power so yea that happens when you battle up until 3:00a.m. Just wanted to say congratulations to Team Rocket Elite Truly you are ELITE. you remind me of myself when I play Resident Evil 4 and beat pro mode round 1 and I have so many items that I actually sell health items for space and money. So much skill that it starts to hurt! And also want to give a shout to Peterko who's doing well in college and still Acing video games, I respect that. And to you Dr.Dimentio. It's good to see you battling hard and sett'n records!

Mostly looking for some feedback here for my team. It seems solid to me, but I'm having trouble getting past 35 or so wins. Any advice would be helpful.

Archeops @ Flying Gem
Jolly
Defeatist
252 atk / 252 spe
Acrobatics
Rock Slide
EQ
U-turn

I've always loved archeops, and it seems like the battle subway is where it shines. Acrobatics rips through most leads and u-turn breaks sashes and sturdy.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Careful
Clear Body
252 HP / 100 atk / 140 def / 18 spD
Amnesia
Curse
Iron Head
Substitute

I was reluctant to use this at first, doubting it's strength. I tried a few bulky waters before and they just seemed lackluster. I gave this a shot and I'm really glad I did. It can set up on almost anything and tear through teams. All it needs is a little patience.

Latios @ Expert Belt
Timid
Levitate
252 spa / 252 spe
Psyshock
Surf
Thunderbolt
Dragon Pulse

I had this thing trained from the last generation so I thought I'd give it a shot. Then I found out soul dew was banned, but decided to go through with it anyways. I slapped an expert belt on it because I didn't have enough BP for anything else (Wise glasses, life orb, choice specs), and then I just sort of forgot about the item and haven't replaced it.

Latios is the main area where I have concerns. It doesn't really seem to pull its weight well, so I'm thinking of replacing it. I was considering LO Alakazam, but has DW abra been released yet? Also, I'm afraid of losing some bulk, but mostly coverage. Thoughts?

I'm open to any suggestions to any of the team members, of course.

I would recommend giving Choice Specs on Latios a try. The extra power will be fairly noticeable. I was using Latios and Suicune (similar to your Latios + Registeel) and got to at least 80-ish with that team (Jolly Metagross for resistance synergy with Bullet Punch/Explosion for cleaning up as last pokemon), so... yah, maybe give that a try.

Just thought I'd give a small update. Played quite a bit of Subway today, got from 1 to 91 so far with this team: (my previous best was 90)

Mesprit / Bold / Levitate @ Focus Sash
IVs: 20 / 26 / 27 / 12 / 25 / 31
EVs: Lots of HP, some Speed, some Defenses, don't remember
- Twave / Stealth Rock / Flash / Charm

Volcarona / Modest / Flame Body @ Sitrus Berry
IVs: 31 / 23 / 30 / 31 / 30 / 30
EVs: 252 HP 252 SpA 4 Speed
- Quiver Dance / Sub / Flamethrower / HP Rock 70

Gyarados / Impish / Intimidate @ Leftovers
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / ? / 31 / 31
EVs: 252 HP 252 Def 4 Speed (or something defensive like that)
- Dragon Dance / Substitute / Waterfall / Earthquake

Strategy:
- The usual Trick-Scarf strategy... oh, except without trick. Heh, opponent switches too much when locked onto non-attacking moves, so if I'm going to be choiced locked into Flash or twave or something for my Uxie or whatever Trick-Scarfer I'm using, I might as well not use the sash and get things going right from the start.

- Stealth Rock for taking care of sashers and sturdy pokemon, as well as putting some damage to entering pokemon. If nothing else, putting in stealth rock puts Gyarados and Volcarona (whoever's sweeping) into a much better position, not needing to fully set up and can still pull off the sweep. Gyarados especially, since this is a fairly defensive Gyarados that doesn't have quite the power.

- I've been "wanting" to use Gyarados for a while in subway, but it wasn't that great because Waterfall + Return was quite prone to static/flame body pokemon. Waterfall + Earthquake was totally walled by Mantine back in Gen IV (yeah, it doesn't happen often, but heh, the thought of that was just kind of meh). There's no Mantine in this subway, so that's cool. There ARE these static balloon pokemon though, but o well, only encountered one during this 91 streak so far (and yes it did paralyze Gyarados, but still ended up winning, so yay).

- Volcarona ... not too amazing, but does the job all the time when set up. I know, people looking at my team (experienced Subway/Tower people I mean) will probably say I should replace Volcarona with Drapion @ Black Sludge. Totally good synergy and everything. Yeah, I'll probably give that a try sometime.

Anyway, streak still going. I'll see how far I can get.

EDIT: O yeah, forgot to mention... my previous streak was using Uxie + Suicune + Volcarona. I didn't want to change my Uxie moveset (mainly don't want to lose Trick since it's Gen IV move that I can't relearn). That's why I used Mesprit. PLUS, Charm is a LOT more useful than Memento if I'm not choice locking opponent (Charming on Curses or Dragon Dances is obviously infinitely better than Memento). So, basically Mesprit replaces Uxie, which means Gyarados is replacing Suicune. This move was made mainly for 2 reasons: 1) Intimidate = an un-tauntable growl. There are quite a few more taunters in the subway compared to previous generations. Switching in for Intimidate at least "does something" that helps setting up. That's not to say Pressure on Suicune wasn't useful (it is very useful actually). But just saying. 2) I basically just wanted a physical attacker paired with Volcarona which is a special attacker. I chose a defensive EV Spread for Gyarados because it helps a lot in being able to fully set up. I sometimes sort of wished I had a careful one instead though, since there's already intimidate and charm to help on the physical. The magikarp I bought from the guy on the bridge happened to be impish though (I pretty much just RNG'd for the spread and was going to take either Adamant/Impish/Careful (not Jolly), whichever one came first, so impish it was).

LAST EDIT:
OK, there we go. I lost with 138 streak with this team. There were a few close calls before this, so I wasn't too surprised.

Towards 130-ish streak I faced a cursing Regirock lead and I was pretty much ready to take the lose, but somehow stalled out Regirock's Rock slides between Gyarados, Mesprit, and Volcarona. Volcarona ended up with 25% no sub at +2, stealth rock down, Flamethrower 2HKO'd Regirock after a lucky full paralysis. HP Rock KO'd the 75% Zapdos and Flamethrower KO'd whatever the last pokemon was.

At 139, faced Jolteon lead. Not that I haven't faced one before, but this one's the rain dance thunder one.
1. Rain Dance, Flash
2. Thunder, Flash (Should have Stealth Rock instead)
3. Thunder, Mesprit fainted. Volcarona out.
4. Thunder (<50% which is good), Quiver Dance (Thunder <50% means after 2 quiver dances, Thunder won't break Volcarona's sub.
5. Thunder, Sitrus, Quiver Dance.
6. Sub, Thunder (sub didn't break, as anticipated) -> I sub in order to stall out rain
7. (Here I wasn't sure if I should use Flamethrower or Quiver Dance again. +2 Rain Flamethrower or +2 HP Rock will both very likely 2HKO Jolteon. Not sure if +3 will OHKO, but decided to QD) Quiver Dance, Thunder break sub
8. Flamethrower did not KO. Thunder KOs. Rain Stops. ... pretty much dead now. Gyarados out.
9. Thunder misses. Gyarados EQs for KO. ... let's see what comes out next.
10. Zebrastrika comes out. Wild Charge OHKOs. ...

I think I'll keep trying Mesprit lead with something sweeping else next time.

i made a small change to smeargle, replacing dark void with taunt...

that's because i'm beginning to meet too many trick roomers with lum or chesto berry... and some ghost types (dusknoir) that cannot be faked out..

a nice situation occured to me before replacing dark void with taunt : i met bronzong with lum berry and trick room, and rhyperior as starters, and i didn't know what to do..until i came up with the idea of using gastro acid on bronzong, so to be sure that slaking EQ would have killed it... so i gladly sacrificed smeargle, but killed bronzong and heavy damage to rhyp on first turn...then latias replaced smeargle for an easy kill on ryh on second turn, and everything went ok.

i'm currently at 217 and going...

i'm having good results in double battles with a brand new team :

Smeargle@choice scarf
own tempo
jolly
31/xx/31/xx/31/31
252 speed
252 hp
6 def

spore
dark void
gastro acid
fake out
------------
slaking@choice band
adamant
27/31/22/xx/31/31
252 atk
252 speed
6 sp.def

truant
double edge
earthquake
fire punch
night slash
-------------------
garchomp@focus sash
sand veil
jolly
17/31/31/xx/31/31
252 speed
252 atk
6 hp

swords dance
dragon claw
outrage
earthquake
---------------
latias@life orb
modest
levitate
28/xx/25/30/26/16
128 hp
128 def
252 sp.atk

psychic
thunderbold
ice beam
surf

main strategy is spore the most dangerous opponent, and double edge the other
second turn : spore the sent-in pokemon, slaking loafs, the other opponent still spored
third turn : double edge the opponent that best suits, switch smeargle with latias or garchomp accordingly to the opponents.

the rest of the battle goes quite easy, considering that smeargle is still alive and can spore/dark void/fake out when switched in.

dangerous situations at first turn :
- a fake outer, that is handled with a fake out from smeargle
- opponents with priority moves (es. mach punch) that could kill smeargle : in that cas switch to latias/garchomp, accordingly to the type of expected move
- no opponents that can be OHKO by slaking : i try a dark void

other notes :
- the presence of latias help in abusing garchomp or slaking earthquake
- if, at first turn, there are no particular threats (no fight moves, no trick roomers, no dangerous status moves) i go with gastro acid on slaking.. if the remaining opponent kills smeargle, i remain with slaking without truant and af full ps (minus double edge recoil), otherwise i remain with smeargle alive and slaking without truant and at low ps, but that can OHKO again next turn... both scenarios are usually good for me

it's amazing how efficient this strategy is going.. i'm at 100+ streak, and i met very few critical situations...

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Building a streak with choice scarf Darmanitan, choice band Garchomp, and focus sash/destiny bond Gengar, and things have gone smoothly so far. A little nervous about its game versus the hated choice scarf Garchomp though, as my only real out is to switch into Gengar on earthquake aimed at Darmanitan. I guess I can sack chomp to revenge kill with gengar's destiny bond too, but that seems suboptimal.

More generally, I've found my biggest problems in the subway come from sashers and the starmies, kami, and lati-twins with their naturally high speeds and hard hitting attacks. It's gotten to the point where I am strongly, strongly tempted to try the following as a sort of universal revenge killer.

Latios
Timid
@Choice Scarf

Draco Meteor
Ice Beam
HP Fire
Thunderbolt/Dragon Pulse/Energy Ball

Even with the speed iv drop from hp fire, the scarf still allows it to outrun everything, at which point it can easily dispatch the most notable high power, high speed threats by preying on their weaknesses.

Only problem, of course, is needing to actually acquire said Latios. But it looks to cover such a wide variety of threats that it is probably worth the effort of trading for one.

Super Doubles train.
Winstreak: 134.

Darmantian @ Choice Scarf
Adamant (+Atk / -Sp.Atk) / Sheer Force
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed

- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Thundurus @ Focus Sash
Timid (+Speed / -Atk) / Prankster
6 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed

- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid (+Speed / -Atk) / Levitate
6 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed

- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse

Metagross @ Air Balloon
Adamant (+Atk / -Sp.Atk) / Clear Body
76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Speed

- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

New team, and it works pretty well I must say. Flare Blitz + Thunderbolt KO's Bronzong, even if it has Heatproof which makes dealing with Trick Room alot easier. Ironicly, this is how I actually lost. I wasn't paying full attention as I was watching the Champions Leauge final.

I'd love to put Taunt or Protect on Thundurus but I really can't think of any move to drop in order to replace for either Taunt or Protect.

I will use this team again and hopefully post a decent streak in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)