Blah, hate losing to hax.
Just lost with 92 streak in Double Subway with this team:
Krookodile / Moxie / Jolly @ Focus Sash
- Earthquake / Crunch / Rockslide / Protect
Zapdos / Pressure / Timid @ Magnet
- Thunderbolt / Discharge / Heatwave / Hidden Power Grass 70
Rotom-H / Levitate / Timid @ White Herb
- Thunderbolt / Overheat / Hidden Power Ice 70 / Protect
Metagross / Clear Body / Jolly @ Lum Berry
- Earthquake / Ice Punch / Bullet Punch / Explosion
- Should be fairly obvious. Using that Electric/Flying + Ground Combo that is extremely common. No Thundurus because I don't have one (not sure how to RNG that either.. haven't bothered to try to learn), no Garchomp because I don't have one either and I didn't want to anyway.
- Why Krookodile? 2 Things it has over Garchomp:
i) Moxie - After one Moxie boost, Krookodile boasts an impressive 253 Attack. Zapdos is faster than Krookodile, so often times, Zapdos can injure both opponents with Discharge / Heatwave and Krookodile can finish BOTH opponent off for two Moxie boosts in one turn. After that, almost anything neutral to EQ will be KO'd by EQ + Zapdos's move of choice.
ii) Weaknesses - Having many weaknesses (Bug, Grass, Water, Ice, Fighting) compared to Zapdos means that more often than not, opponents will more often target Krookodile instead of Zapdos, allowing Zapdos to have a free hit while Krookodile protects.
- Rotom-H and Metagross are basically for dealing with ice types better (Krookodile and Zapdos do have Rockslide and Heatwave, but both are weak to ice). Rotom-H does not have the attacking power of Zapdos or Thundurus, but it gets the job done more often than not. Metagross's main job is cleaning up. I haven't ever even once had the time/need to explode though, since usually Metagross is the last pokemon out, or if it isn't then it's usually the pokemon I bring out to Bullet Punch something to death for the win, so I might be better off with something else.
How I lost:
- Fairly stupidly. Opponent leads with Moxie Krookodile and Tangrowth.
1. My Krookodile Protect. Zapdos Heatwave misses both opponent. Op's Krookodile Rockslide. Tangrowth Power Whip the Protected Krookodile.
2. Zapdos Heatwave misses both opponent again. My Krookodile EQs. Op's Krookodile Rockslide KO's Zapdos. Moxie boost. Power Whip KOs my Krookodile.
3. Krookodile rockslides again. Rotom-H fainted (might have been a crit? Forgot). Moxie Boost. Metagross Ice Punch Krookodile dead finally. Tangrowth Power Whips Gross for wee bit of damage. Probopass out. I know I pretty much lost unless Tangrowth just keeps Power Whipping Gross and Probopass gets KO'd by EQ and the last pokemon out is also something that Gross can handle.
4. EQ. Probopass gets all the way down... and of course this one had to be Sturdy. Probopass Earth Power for KO.
I suppose 2nd turn maybe I should have HP Grass Krookodile instead of Heatwave, but heh, effectively 4 Heatwave misses in 2 turns... OO yeah, I do realize, if I used Garchomp this wouldn't have happened as it's neutral to Grass and it outspeeds Krookodile. Heh, o well.
@Hutch3: For a single team with Starmie and Garchomp, I'd probably have both Bullet Punch and Explosion (I would have used the same moveset as ... the one in my streak lol, though for my team, I probably shouldn't use Explosion), because Metagross's main job should be cleaning up (while Starmie and Garchomp are your main sweepers). Explosion, while nerfed, still does a lot. If Starmie isn't holding a life orb, maybe Metagross can hold that for more power.