Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

Worry seed with Smeargle? Is your Smeargle still running Spore then (or... I guess maybe Protect/Sub/Baton Pass/Other Boosting move?)? Sounds interesting

Yeah it's pretty silly but fun. :)
>.> worryseed was only for clear body, and in hindsight stun spore is better. oops. I should fix that.

did a good 82 streak in double battle mode with this team:

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Trait: blaze
Nature: jolly (+Spd, -SpAtk)
EVs: 6HP, 252Atk, 252Spd
-Fake out
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-Thunder Punch (any suggestion for this one? useful only against slowbro, gyara and someone else)

Tornadus @ flight gem
Trait: Prankester
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SpAtk)
EVs: 6HP, Atk, 252Spd
-Acrobatics
-Tailwind
-Taunt
-Protect

the strategy used by my two leads is simple: try to set up tailwind when necessary, fake out the most reliable threat that is not a ghost (possibly the one who threats tornadus, because infernape can take a hit thanks to focus sash)... taunt is for trick room Pokes that ruins my whole strategy! if I can hit hard the two opponents without many problems, i go for a double ko with acrobatics and CC/flare blitz, or other times i fake out one of the enemies and kill the other one with acrobatics!
the move tailwind is important for my other pokes, that are:

Latios @ life orb
Trait: levitate
Nature: modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)
EVs: 6HP, 252SpAtk, 252Spd
-Dragon Pulse
-Psychoshock
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
Nature: Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk)
EVs: 6HP, 252SpA, 252Spd
-Dragon Pulse
-Dark Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Surf

they can destroy anything that is not resisted, and they have a great potential together! i always use latios before hydreigon because I can choice the right move for hydreigon the the later I can. EVs in speed are needed when i don't manage to set up tailwind or when its effect ends and tornadus is dead.

i lost against a legendary team leading with thundurus and regirock. when i face this stupid one that has pokes from #908 to 988 or something similar, i can't know what set they are running on their pokes...
#1. Ape fake out thund, tornadus tailwind, regirock sandstorm
#2. tornaudus taunt on regi, ape flare blitz on thund (red bar), thund thunderbolt on tornadus (killed), regirock rock slide (ape with 34 HP), sent out latios
#3. ape close combat on regirock (orange bar),latios dragon pulse on thundurus, fainted, regirock rock slide (latios avoided, ape fainted); foe sents out articuno, i sent out hydreigon
#4. WHAT A BIG MISTAKE i attacked with double dragon pulse regirock (fainted), articuno uses BLIZZARD (ok i'm stupid....), latios fainted, hydreigon at red bar, tailwind effect ends. foe sents out raikou
#5. raikou thunderbolt, hydreigon dead...

made a terrible mistake letting articuno blizzard me, but anyway got a respectable 82 streak with the first attempt after i've put latios instead of excadrill, so it's good.
here's the proof:

Subway Super Singles

Subway Super Singles​

Ferrothorn (Relaxed) @Shed Shell
Ability (Iron Barbs )
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
~ Stealth Rock
~ Leech Seed
~ Gyro Ball
~ Curse​

Ferrothorn goes in sets up Stealth Rock and Leech Seed then curses up to do massive damge with Gyro Ball!!! If any Fire types or Pokemon with Fire moves comes in as a lead then I switch to Garchomp who can defeat them with Earthquake. I'm abit hazy on the Item for Ferrothorn i'm unsure who needs leftovers more..​

Articuno (Timid) @Leftovers
Ability (Pressure)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
~ Toxic
~ Roost
~ Ice Beam
~ Roar​

Toxic Stall Articuno and Roar to get the most out of Stealth Rock. Ice Beam to finish anything off and for stab. Still need some advice on the item i guess i could give Leftovers to Ferrothorn and maybe give Articuno which ever berry it is that weakens rock moves but i'm unsure..​

Garchomp (Jolly) @Life Orb
Ability (Sand Veil)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Swords Dance
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Fang​

Classic Garchomp just go in and clear things up really pure power!! It will be fighting inbetween the other two to deal with anything that threatens me!​

I've tested this team out with not all the full Evs or moves just to see how it would fair and it did pretty good so i hope it will get further!!!​

I also use a CurseFerro with a similiar moveset (sub over stealth rock) and Shed Shell seems a bit odd. You easily beat Dugtrio with arena trap and Magnezone should go down with Leechseed.
Give Leftovers to Ferro, the recovery from Leftovers&Leech Seed is extremly helpful while cursing up.
Can´t say anything about Articuno because I never used it, but maybe Focus Sash could work.

@Navy823

Damn I wanted to try out Landorus for so long but I can´t get one :(

Super Subway Doubles - 43 wins

Not an awesome record, but it looks like the leaderboard needs filling up...

Mienshao - Crustle
Hydreigon - Latios

Mienshao @ Focus Sash
Jolly, Regenerator
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Fake Out
Wide Guard
Hi Jump Kick
U-turn

Crustle @ Lum Berry
Jolly, Sturdy
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Shell Smash
X-scissor
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid, Levitate
6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Flamethrower
Hyper Voice

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid, Levitate
6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Dragon Pulse
Psyshock
Grass Knot
Surf

- -

You know the score: Fake Out/Shell Smash, go for the sweep. Dragons as backup.

Crustle was the Smasher for me due to Sturdy, meaning Mienshao could hold a Sash and Crustle itself could hold Lum. This meant that only Taunt could prevent a Smash, given that Shao is covering it with Fake Out. I considered the other Sturdy smasher, Carracosta, but I could see it getting walled by Breloom or Virizion. Nothing resists Bug/Rock/Ground, and +2 STAB Rock Slide is fantastic. Having the STAB X-scissor on the front line was great too, for clobbering Psychics who might try and use Trick Room.

Mienshao covers Crustle with Fake Out, and brings extra firepower with HJK. U-turn confuses the AI as always, and is great for switching to Hydra to absorb a Psychic attack. Wide Guard I'm less sure about: it protects Shao from Crustle's EQ and Latios' Surf, but it's blocked enemy attacks maybe three times. Seems to be one of those moves that works best against a human opponent. I may replace Shao with Infernape (FO/Protect or U-turn/CC/Overheat).

Hydreigon is the switch for Psychic attacks coming at Mienshao. Very simple: STABs, Flamethrower for Steels, Hyper Voice as a tech move to pick off a weakened foe while still damaging the other one.

Latios is the Water counter, hence Grass Knot. STABs too, LO for power, Surf for more spread power. So reliable, there was little thought about what to use here.

- -

I lost to an Ice team: a Cryogonal survived a Rock Slide with Sash and used Hail, breaking Sash and Sturdy. Abomasnow and Blizzards followed, and since it was the Ice Shard Aboma, I lost to priority. Two dragons means a big Ice weakness, and this was exploited. Hey ho - lots of fun, and I'm sure I'll get back into it at some point.

My Entrainment TruAnt team is at 35 wins, and the opponent has not switched out of Truant yet. Problems include first-turn Protect users, like Facade Ursaring. I have to think carefully about switching here, as I don't want to get Latios, my backup, killed. Fake Out users are annoying for the same reason, and faster users of Dig. One fight started against Magic Guard Toxic Orb Reuniclus: after Entraining it, it started dying of poison, so I had to set up in a risky way by not Protecting on 'attack' turns and using Swords Dance. The AI kept trying to Trick me the Orb through a Sub, so it worked out in the end.

Chomp may not be the best setup poke. It occurred to me that Drapion could do it, with Protect/Sub/Acupressure/Crunch. It would run out of Protects eventually, but with enough defenses and evasion, that shouldn't matter. The biggest drawback would be that games would last forever...

EDIT: now running Infernape - Crustle - Latios - Metagross, back to the old school. Ape is Fake Out/U-turn/CC/Overheat, Latios is DP/Psyshock/Grass Knot/TBolt, Meta is Iron Head/Bullet Punch/Ice Punch/EQ, same Crustle. I'd forgotten how nice Ape and Meta are in doubles.

Ape doesn't run Protect; instead it switches to Latios over Crustle's EQ (too slow to U-turn after a Shell Smash). Meta runs Air Balloon, so it can switch in on an EQ as well.

It was a funny coincidence seeing Peterko getting stopped by an Ice team as well: hopefully with STAB Rock, Steel, Fighting and Fire I should have a chance, but there's really no way of knowing!

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
#85 vs Socialite Saty: Cresselia, Suicune, Tornadus, Virizion
1. Cune Protect, Aero Slide 22% to Cresse, Champ DynamicPunch, Cune protected, Cresse Icy Wind.
2. Aero Slide, Champ DynamicPunch, Cresse flinched, Cune hurt itself, Cune Lefties.
3. Aero Slide, Cune avoided, Champ DynamicPunch, Cresse flinched, Cune hurt itself, Cune Lefties.
4. Champ back, Meta in, Aero Slide, CH on Cune, Cune fainted, Cresse at 3%, Icy Wind.
- foe Tornadus
5. Aero back, Champ in, Tornadus Focus Blast Champ, Meta Slide, Tornadus avoided, Cresse fainted.
- foe Virizion
6. Viri Calm Mind, Champ Stone Edge, 75% to Tornadus, Air Slash, Champ fainted, Meta Iron Head, Tornadus fainted.
- me Aero
7. Aero Aerial Ace, CH, Virizion fainted.
3-0

The above battle showcases the simple fact that Rock Slide is among the top worst attacks in the game (hi VGC´11 metagame), I´d say #2 in Subway doubles after Blizzard and also this game sucks, too much hacks.
This...

#41 vs Worker Valéry: Mamoswine, Walrein, Abomasnow, Crygonal
1. Aerodactyl used Rock Slide, 40% to Mamo, 75% to Walrein, Machamp used DynamicPunch, Mamo fainted, Walrein used Blizzard, a critical hit on Machamp, Machamp fainted, Aerodactyl fainted.
- me Ferro & Latios, foe Aboma
2. Latios Dragon Pulse, Walrein fainted, Aboma Blizzard, Latios at 28/156, frozen solid, Ferro at 132/181, Gyro Ball 65% dmg.
- foe Cryo
3. Aboma Ice Shard, Latios fainted, Cryo Icy Wind, Ferro 91/181, Ferro Gyro Ball, Cryo fainted.
4. Aboma Focus Blast, Ferro fainted.

Basically, even STAB Rock, No Guard STAB fighting and STAB Steel in one team mean nothing when facing Ice Trainers...

Note that I used Ferro instead of Meta and ignore my awful mistake of not punching walrein instead of mamo...I was very angry at this kind of loss which made me want to stop playing altogether...as if it was that easy.

Also, things like the plane crash yesterday with the hockey team (among them one of, if not our best player, Demitra, RIP) makes you wonder if being pissed off at this game is worth it...

Nice teams everyone, lol fluffy you´re still playing latiape? Maybe I should get back to the teams that were succesful, because I´m losing too much these days.

So I need a little bit help with my new team. I currently try it out, but I´m not really sure about my last team member.

The Team:

Zoroark@ Focus Sash
Timid, Illusion
252 Spe, 252 SpA
Night Daze
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
Memento

The reason for the team. I wanted to try out a Memento lead which isn´t all about support but instead could score 1 or 2 kills. I looked up all Memento users and it came down to Latios vs Zoroark.Sadly I´m to lazy to play through a 3gen game for Latios and so I bred my Zoroark :D
It doesn´t get a lot Ohko´s, but with Sash 2Hko´s a good number and than does it´s job with Memento.
Now my question: Is there anything bulky that can set up and good synergy with Zoroarks Illusion?

Ferrothorn@ Leftovers
Careful, Iron Barbs
252 HP, 1xx Def, 1xx SpD... don´t know the exact numbers :(
Gyro Ball
Curse
Leech Seed
Sub

Oh I love this set, the only downside is the Leech Seed animation which slows down my streaks...
After Memento this beast sets up on nearly everything.

Gyarados@ Lum Berry
Adamant, Intimidate
252 Att, 64 Spe, 192 HP
Waterfall
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Dragon Dance

It resists Bug,Fighting and Fire along with Intimidate, seems good but as I said I`m sure there must be something better.Maybe something that attracts Psychic moves.

Any Suggestions?

This...

#41 vs Worker Valéry: Mamoswine, Walrein, Abomasnow, Crygonal
1. Aerodactyl used Rock Slide, 40% to Mamo, 75% to Walrein, Machamp used DynamicPunch, Mamo fainted, Walrein used Blizzard, a critical hit on Machamp, Machamp fainted, Aerodactyl fainted.
- me Ferro & Latios, foe Aboma
2. Latios Dragon Pulse, Walrein fainted, Aboma Blizzard, Latios at 28/156, frozen solid, Ferro at 132/181, Gyro Ball 65% dmg.
- foe Cryo
3. Aboma Ice Shard, Latios fainted, Cryo Icy Wind, Ferro 91/181, Ferro Gyro Ball, Cryo fainted.
4. Aboma Focus Blast, Ferro fainted.

Basically, even STAB Rock, No Guard STAB fighting and STAB Steel in one team mean nothing when facing Ice Trainers...

Note that I used Ferro instead of Meta and ignore my awful mistake of not punching walrein instead of mamo...I was very angry at this kind of loss which made me want to stop playing altogether...as if it was that easy.

Also, things like the plane crash yesterday with the hockey team (among them one of, if not our best player, Demitra, RIP) makes you wonder if being pissed off at this game is worth it...

Nice teams everyone, lol fluffy you´re still playing latiape? Maybe I should get back to the teams that were succesful, because I´m losing too much these days.
I've been playing latiape for the past several months now when I am traveling. It just works so well, especially as I get better at knowing the movesets. I've tweaked every team member since the first incarnation, but I finally think I have the right set up. DP/shock/bolt/protect still looks kinda odd but works for me. And all 100% accurate attacks.

Ice trainers are seriously the worst and blizzard is the worst attack ever. Really lucky so far not to have many lead Abomasnows. All losses lately have been weather related though. Also the past 4-5 QC Drudegons have all had QC activations, I've started to just fake out all of them, rough skin or no. I swear the RNG gets more and more skewed against you as your streak gets longer. I'd really love to find out how the BT/BS code works; if only we could track down the programer and beat the info out of him........

Battle Subway Single Record: 250

Shuckle @Chesto
Bold (+D -A) Sturdy
EVs: HP - 252, D - 80, SD - 176
Lv50 stats: 127, 13, 280, 19, 274, 15
-Power Split
-Rest
-Struggle Bug
-Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn @Leftovers
Relaxed (+D -S) Iron Barbs
EVs: HP - 252, D - 104, SD - 152
Lv50 stats: 181, 107, 178, 63, 153, 22
-Gyro Ball
-Curse
-Leech Seed
-Substitute

Salamence @Lum
Jolly (+S -SA) Intimidate
EVs: HP - 4, A - 252, S - 252
Lv50 stats: 166, 186, 100, 103, 96, 166
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Substitute
-Dragon Dance

Note that I don't remember all the defense EV distributions exactly so they're approximate. They're also not RNGd, so the IVs are not all perfect, but good enough.

Power Split Shuckle is a boss.
It's like having a memento that doesn't make you faint, and isn't bypassed by crits.
Struggle bug lowers SpA and Stealth Rock gets rid of Sashes and Sturdy for the sweepers.

Ferrothorn is very versatile and with a small amount of support from Shuckle it can set up on almost anyone.
I was originally worried about its weaknesses once it's set up: The second poke it faces can often get rid of the sub which leaves the third free to KO with any SpA Fire move, or Physical Crit, but surprisingly this actually never happened in the 250 streak.
Stealth Rock really helps, it means you're sure to 1HKO all Fire types as well as anyone else aside from really bulky waters or steels.
The other thing that helps is that the AI will usually have only 1 good counter for Ferrothorn and they'll send it out second which means all it can do is break the sub.

Salamence is my addition to the Shuckle/Ferro combo, (which I think was first used by Pikiwyn, so congrats to that guy's brain). Intimidate is fantastic. Ferrothorn draws a lot of ground, fighting and fire moves which Salamence can switch into, lowering the attack.
The rest is just the classic trick/scarf sweeper set, which can also be useful for getting rid of a bad lead such as Magmortar with taunt.

I was originally thinking about using Multiscale Dragonite when I get one, but now I think Intimidate is too integral to the team, especially with stuff like dealing with physical taunters or when Shuckle gets flinched to death.

So it's a versatile team and it generally takes more than a couple of things going wrong to end the streak.
Flinching, confusion, and to some extent crits are all pretty annoying but generally not too much of a problem.

How I lost:
Battle 251,
Black Belt sends out Escavalier,
It uses Swagger and Shuckle hurts itself, :(
Iron Head does about 70% and Shuckle hurts itself, >:(
I switch to Ferro, Iron Head does about 10%
I switch to Mence, Intimidate, Megahorn does about 15%
I switch back and forth getting 4 Intimidates and Mence is down to about 40% health.
I switch to Shuckle, iron head does about 10%, Shuckle has 20% remaining.
Swagger, Shuckle hurts itself, >>:(
Megahorn (about 8% remaining), Shuckle hurts itself. >>>:(
Megahorn KOs

I send in Salamence for Intimidate #5, then switch to Ferrothorn who takes a nothing Iron Head.
Swagger, Ferrothorn hurts itself (Ferrothorn is at about 95%)
Megahorn, Critical Hit, KOs

This might actually be the first time in the run that Ferrothorn is knocked out, how crazy is that?

Salamence goes in, intimidate #6,
Sub, Iron Head
Dragon Dance, Iron Head, Sub breaks (Mence has about 20% health)
EQ KOs Escavalier,

praying for some luck,

Life Orb Medicham comes in and Fake Out KOs.

gg

If any of the 5 (out of 5) times I was confused, I could actually get a move off, it would've all been pretty much fine, and it still took a very untimely crit to end the team, so I don't think the loss was because of any misplay or problems with the team, so that's all good.

Plus 250 is a great (and very square) streak and I definitely had some hax coming to me.

Thanks to Pikiwyn for the team idea and to everyone who comes up with and shares their strategies.

Weird how my two records are now 248 and 250.

I´m sure Illusion works, they keep trying to hit "Gyarados" for SE dmg with Rock&Electric moves and sometimes with Psychic for neutral dmg. But once a Machamp attackt straight with Dynamicpunch.

Spiritomb (Calm) @Leftovers
Ability (Pressure)
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
~ Shadow Sneak
~ Memento
~ Flash
~ Will-o-wisp/Taunt

Okay this is my State killer Spiritomb is amazing due to its typing and having no super effective against it! So I flash up and the Memento over to Fathothorn. Shadow Sneak is there as a good prioty move and i'm unsure between W-O-W and Taunt..

Ferrothorn (Sassy) @Big Root
Ability (Iron Barbs)
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
~ Substitute
~ Leech Seed
~ Gyro Ball
~ Curse

Farrothorn will be able to curse up due to the flash!! I can set up Leech seed and i've gave it Big Root to increase my Health by even more! Gyro Ball hits everything so its pretty good! I'm unsure if I should try and put Ingrain in there somewhere due to Big Root so advice needed!​

Now i'm unsure which to use either Vaporeon or Milotic i'm also struggling to find a decent item for them..

Vaporeon (Bold) @Life Orb?
Ability (Water Absorb)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
~ Wish
~ Protect/Ice Beam
~ Scald
~ Toxic

Wish Toxic stall works really well

Milotic (Bold) @Life Orb?
Ability (Marvel Scale)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
~ Scald
~ Recover
~ Ice Beam
~ Toxic

Very similiar set to Vaporeon but with instant recovery with Recover!

So has anyone got any advice or minor changes i'm really looking for if I should use Milotic or Vaporeon..

Just had a -6 acc focus blast hit 4 times in row and sand veil was in effect :@ lucky i still won lol. Trying out new team without trick so il inform u wen i loose :) as always great streaks lads keep it up :)

So has anyone got any advice or minor changes i'm really looking for if I should use Milotic or Vaporeon..
Honestly the best advice I can give is try both of them. One will come out better than the other in my experience. I recommend starting with vaporeon with the nice wish support. But that may flop, who knows until you (or someone else) tries.

Seesh! It's been 4 months since I was last here, my pathetic record knocked off the enitire chart, can't let that stay that way. Anyway, I've started full time work at a university now (goin to be an accountant!) so it's hard to battle like I use to. But there is Wi-Fi here, meaning I can battle anyone anytime between my classes. As of this week I became rank 10 at the battle subway Wi-Fi (Champ returns) using:

Cressilia/ Zelda
Bold Evs: 252 hp, 252 def, 6 sp.d.
item: Rocky helmet
Moveset:
Psyshock
Ice beam
Moon light
Calm mind

Chansey/ Chance
calm Evs: 252 def, 252 sp.def, 6 hp.
Item: Eviolite
Moveset:
Siesmic toss
Soft boiled
Minimize
Substitute

Cobaloin/ Gladius
Impish Evs: 252 def 158 hp, 100 atk
Item: leftovers
Moveset:
Sacred sword
Iron head
Swords dance
Substitute

I know we don't post Wi-Fi records anymore, but it is honorable mention. this team has a current streak of 28 at rank 10 and they haven't lost yet. So I'll be using them at the super single against the computer. I'm not sure how many 4th generation Wi-Fi tower players here have tried out the black and white one, but things have surley changed with the advent of Ferrothorn, Excadrill, and drizzle Politoed! However, Cressilia has took on a new Uber stand. I know not everyone on shoddy battle knows how to use the Lunar Queen correctly (obvious since Chomp is back on the ban list) but with the new outstanding Blissey&Suicune killer attack Psyshock, and the leftover rival item Rocky helmet. Cressilia really can't be stopped by the standard Uber! I've observed this on random matchup even, so I know it to be true. Minimize Eviolite Chansey is almost broken. And Tyranitar&Scizor killer Cobalion definetly holds his own. So yea, I'll be using them on super single subway( triple S), hope to get a 100 streak at the least!

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
oh boy, not Ice again

Yesterday, I went back to my second best team – Hitmontop, Latios, Hydreigon, Metagross that I got to 179 with on the first try (I´ve changed Hydra to DM and Chople).

OK, I don´t believe in coincidence when it comes to Subway...how come that the AI always pulls out a counter-team of some sorts everytime I continue my challenge after saving the game and switching it off? No wonder I always seem to lose during the first 2 sets the next day I play, which gets on my nerves a lot (spending the whole day before winning only to lose after waking up)...

Ice trainers are seriously the worst and blizzard is the worst attack ever. Really lucky so far not to have many lead Abomasnows.........
Sorry for being an asshole, but it´s plain unfair fluffy if you get to 500 or 800 with your team with two Ice weaks, only because you don´t face Ice Trainers or Aboma+Snow Cloak leads, seriously. I woke up and the first battle today (#29) was against a Worker with an Abomasnow+Glaceon lead, followed by Walrein & Vanilluxe. I somehow managed to win 1-0 if only because I didn´t miss Glaceon. Wonder what happened 15 minutes later? I faced another Worker at battle #39 with the same lead duo of Glaceon+Abomasnow. This time, of course, I wasn´t lucky enough to hit...I actually missed Glaceon 3 times in a row (CC, Bullet & Thrower) and lost 3-0.

This game plain sucks.

Don´t get me wrong. I know how good your team is and how it owns 98% of the Subway. But the Ice Worker weak, there´s no way to fix that, so you just play hoping you won´t face those often and that they don´t start with Abomasnow or Hail Froslass and you don´t miss.

I don´t know what to do. I´ve used a Machamp, but even a Jolly Scarf is outsped by Froslass. I thought about using Aura Sphere, but it also won´t be able to hit Froslass and Luca is outsped by Cryo as well. Also you can´t do a thing against QC Glaceon that will OHKO, CH or freeze you and avoid your attacks. Ice teams are a nightmare. Maybe I should teach Specs Latios Sunny Day or Rain Dance or something lol.

Also I lost at #156 yesterday because I didn´t attack the correct Pokémon turn 1, my fault. Now I believe I only got that far because I faced just 1 Ice Worker until then. The team had almost 0 trouble, there was maybe one close battle against a legendary trainer (I´ve faced like 10 of them) and one against a Harlequin.

#156 vs Pilot Artemas: Moltres, Staraptor, Thundurus, Crobat
1. Fake Out Tres, Dragon Pulse Raptor, Raptor fainted, Tres flinched.
- foe Thund
2. Top Sucker Punch Thund, Thund Dark Pulse, Latios at 60/156, Latios Dragon Pulse, Thund fainted, Moltres Air Slash, Latios fainted.
- foe Crobat, me Hydra
3. Moltres Protect, Top Sucker failed, Bat X-Scissor, Hydra at 73/167, Hydra Dark Pulse, Tres protected.
4. Hydra Protect, Moltres double Protect, Top Sucker failed, Bat Scissor, Hydra protected.
5. Top Sucker Tres, Bat Scissor, Hydra fainted, Tres Air Slash, Sash.
- me Meta
6. Top Sucker Bat, Bat Cross Poison, Top fainted, Tres Heat Wave, CH!, Meta fainted.
0-2

Yes I misplayed, but still, I´ve put Occa Berry on Metagross alongside Rock Slide exactly for these kind of situations. But hell no, in the 1 battle in 100 that I actually have to rely on Occa, the AI says FU and CHs Metagross. Thanks you.

By the way:
177spA Thundurus Dark Pulse vs 130 sD Latios = 82-98 dmg = 52-63% dmg
177spA Moltres Air Slash vs vs 130 sD Latios = 58-69 dmg = 37-44% dmg
177spA Moltres Air Slash vs 130 sD Hitmontop = 116-138 = 92-100% dmg

Why in the world did Moltres attack Latios instead of Top turn 2 and then double protect? I just don´t get the AI...

Don´t take this post too seriously, I´m just being overly emotional about the game I´m rather addicted to.

Anyway, good luck everyone, be strong, don´t let the Subway drag you down to the painful level I´m currently at.

let it all out :p have to admit stresses me out n all at times lol, its simply just the amount time it takes n how addictive it is then most time it equallys nothing, i also have that problem at night im doing well first set next morning u loose :( but hay we keep playing ha!

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
By the way:
177spA Thundurus Dark Pulse vs 130 sD Latios = 82-98 dmg = 52-63% dmg
177spA Moltres Air Slash vs vs 130 sD Latios = 58-69 dmg = 37-44% dmg
177spA Moltres Air Slash vs 130 sD Hitmontop = 116-138 = 92-100% dmg

Why in the world did Moltres attack Latios instead of Top turn 2 and then double protect? I just don´t get the AI...
I've had something like this happen before. Gengar 4 used Thunderbolt on Politoed (which wouldn't KO) instead of Sludge Bomb on Ludicolo which was a 75% chance to KO.

Maybe before choosing an attack, the AI does a damage calculation for each of its moves, against each of the targets in the battle. In this case, in their damage calculation for Air Slash, they may have rolled a low variant against Hitmontop, which made them think that it wouldn't be a KO. And since they couldn't KO anything, they attacked at random with it.

That doesn't really explain why it wouldn't just use Heat Wave instead though.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I just got a streak of 64 with a new doubles team I've been trying, based around gravity.

Starmie @ life orb
Hydro Pump
Thunder
Gravity
Blizzard

Infernape @ focus sash
Close Combat
Flare Blitz
Fake Out
Stone Edge

Hydreigon @ white herb
Draco Meteor
Dark Pulse
Fire Blast
Hyper Voice

Scizor @ lum berry
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Superpower
Swords Dance

Fake Out is pretty much necessary as it makes it way easier to get Gravity up. You'll notice that I don't go too over the top with the gravity abuse (Starmie is the only member that actually ABUSES gravity). Using just all Gravity-dependent moves is just asking for trouble as there are times where you won't be able to get Gravity up on the first turn (or even at all). Instead, I use it to allow me to use moves like Stone Edge and Draco Meteor without being screwed by a miss (and the extra power was cool). It also makes me immune to brightpowder and lax incense, and Double Team becomes less of an issue. I was thinking about putting another Gravity user in there, but the problem is that other users are either too slow or share too many weaknesses with Starmie. One Gravity user is usually enough anyway.

Gravity teams aren't really that good though. The effect just isn't helpful enough to be worth going through the trouble of setting up. I was honestly struggling through a lot of battles and I was quite lucky to get to 60+ wins. I can't imagine getting much further with it. At least I can say I tried though. I was going to wait until I got to 70+ before posting this but I'm just over this team and I kinda want to go back to my rain team so I thought I'd just post what I have now (who knows; maybe there is someone else out there who wants to try this).

Your problem with Gravity is that you aren't using it correctly. You should be taking advantage of the accuracy boost to use moves like Focus Blast much more freely (if you can faint the opponent quicker, you don't have to worry about being out of Gravity too often) and the biggest selling point of Gravity is boosting the effectiveness of Ground as an offensive type which you aren't using at all. For example: Ground/Flying is unresisted in Gravity and you can hit Pokés like Skarmor with Earthquake for super effective damage

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Your problem with Gravity is that you aren't using it correctly. You should be taking advantage of the accuracy boost to use moves like Focus Blast much more freely (if you can faint the opponent quicker, you don't have to worry about being out of Gravity too often) and the biggest selling point of Gravity is boosting the effectiveness of Ground as an offensive type which you aren't using at all. For example: Ground/Flying is unresisted in Gravity and you can hit Pokés like Skarmor with Earthquake for super effective damage
Well I'll admit that my team probably isn't the best way to use gravity. The team was just sort of thrown together with a bunch of pokemon I had lying around from other teams I'd made (Starmie was the only pokemon I went out of my way to obtain).

I was a little concerned that I wasn't abusing it enough and I was even contemplating changing my team to include more proper abusers. I think what held me back from doing so was that I kept getting into situations that prevented Starmie from activating gravity and surviving the first turn. For example, there were at least 5 occasions where I met an opponent leading with jolteon and a fake out user (ambipom and weavile are particularly nasty as they outspeed infernape and can fake out me before I can fake out them). That leaves me in an annoying situation where I can either fake out jolteon and hope that the opponents fake out user doesn't hit starmie, or fake out the opponents fake outer and hope that jolteon misses the thunder on starmie (note that I have met thunder jolteon at least 50 times in all of my streaks and I haven't seen it miss thunder ONCE). Alternatively, I can switch out and hope that I can come in and use gravity later. Usually what I do in this situation is try fake out jolteon and hope to get up gravity. I then switch out regardless of whether gravity was set up or not. In the times where gravity wasn't activated, I was thankful for having reliable moves that allowed me to get out of these situations. Still, I guess I could afford to through focus blast on Hydreigon or something.

I was aware that wasn't using a ground move at all. I decided to focus on the accuracy-raising effects of gravity because I guess I just dislike hurting my team mates with earthquake (and I can't turn to levitate because gravity negates that) and I currently don't have access to a decent earth power user. I suppose I could come up with a better team that doesn't mind taking team earthquakes though. I might give it a try some other time but for now I have other things I want to focus on.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Yes, Using gravity effectively is like using tailwind effectively in my experience. The best way to use tailwind is through prankster because its guaranteed. Unfortunately no one gets prankster and gravity. That maybe true for the next installment of games though-who knows. Thus gravity is not always that effective due to fake out and poke just out speeding starmie and killing it. I would love nothing more than to make a prankster grav team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)