Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

I don't need Lum Berry that much. Bullet Punch (main attack) ignores paralysis; even with burn he has "+3" after 3 SDs (but with burn I have to use Roost quite often), Sleep... most of sleepers use other moves vs Scizor and Psychics/Grass simply die to Bug Bite.
Scizor is really bulky, most of resisted hits deal ~20% which lets it SD up quickly even with paralysis/burn. Sometimes it looks like "switch into Scizor -> SD x2/3 -> Roost -> BP rape" - mainly vs Ice types
To be honest, I lost it to status only once in ~200 battles - 6 turns freeze with crit and SpDef drop (Frosslass).
I was using Iron Plate before but Leftovers proved to be more useful.
Oh, and I don't have Lum Berry xD

i personly think thats a risky way to play status will ruin a streak at some point lol, its why most teams have sub/set up pokes. I would run lum or personally replace roost with sub, added insurence is a must, with a sub up you get free hits, for example u faint a poke and have a +6 scizor behind a sub, it gives you at least 2 safe attacks, while they break/attack your sub, but id always run sub/SD/BP/superpower and enough speed to take out heatran who would murder your scizor if lat/reptor have fainted. Sub would also protect you from freeze hacks, Just my thoughts lol

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Super Doubles, 168 wins and going
Also - and this is a big one - it means Hydra can outspeed and kill Scarf Pinsir by itself.
Modest 252 spe Hydra = 150 speed + scarf = 225 speed
Jolly 252 spe Pinsir 4 = 150 speed + scarf = 225 speed

They tie, although X-Scissor has a 25% chance to OHKO while Thrower always OHKOs, so your odds of winning the showdown are better.

lordkira said:
Not sure about a japanese forum but there are quite a lot of Koreans who got some nice winning streaks, such as 300, 400+'s posted on just random sites if ou search on google lol.
Would you mind posting links of at least few of those "quite a lot 300/400+ records?"

Hmm, I searched for some battle videos on the global terminal, it sucks that they don´t list highest streaks, there´s too much < streak 10 video spam...I mean, seriously? Also I can only search by battle mode and pokémon and it also gives videos with the pokémon on oponents teams ._.

I searched Latios, Politoed, Kingdra, Ludicolo, Whimsicott, Metagross...

Nonetheless, I found these videos:
#567: Politoed, Kingdra, Ludicolo, Toxicroak. Video number: 72-38980-60568
#440: Infernape, Latios, Rotom-W, Metagross. Video number: 26-39851-39453
#273: Garchomp, Aerodactyl, Rotom-W, Metagross. Video number: 37-83435-14838
#223: Politoed, Ludicolo, Kingdra, Scizor. Video number: 90-96665-14226
#216: Politoed, Ludicolo, Kingdra, Toxicroak. Video number: 23-05957-79711
#203: Whimsicott, Terrakion, Thundurus, Landorus. Video number: 89-61513-36741

The second one uses dragon gem draco meteor (losing to kingdra) but still beats my highest record wtf, the third uses sash aero + LO chomp, the last one uses rock gem rock slide. The rain teams are pretty much the same, I think one of the ludicolo uses scald+giga drain.

As for me, other than MetaTorn I´ve bred and tried Volbeat in singles, only like 10 battles alongside heatran and gastrodon. I´ve used Tail Glow, BP, Encore, Bug Buzz, but 3 turn encore only lets me baton pass and set up sub. I´d like Sub on Volbeat but taunt would kill the strategy.

I´ve also tried a TR doubles team. I´m not a TR person, but I wanted to give Duskull a shot. Yeah, Duskull. With Eviolite. The thing almost never dies lol. I used
Hitmontop @ Sash: FO, Mach, Sucker, CC
Duskull @ Eviolite: TR, WoW, Pain Split, Night Shade
Snorlax @ Sitrus: Drum, DE, Seed Bomb, Fire Punch
Amoongus @ Black Sludge: Rage Powder, Spore, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb
and lost at #29 to some bad luck, another test with lead guts Hariyama and a Psych Up Meta instead of Top/Amo ended at like 8 lol...

Oh yeah, tested out quick feet Linoone @ Toxic Orb: Belly Drum, Facade, Shadow Claw, Switcheroo in doubles alongside intimidate Top and lol it either died or managed 1 kill per battle :/ but I only did like 14 battles between 21-35.

Replacing Roost with Sub is pointless as most neutral attacks deal 30-40% - breaking sub, but easily healed up with Roost. Even haxChomp has some trouble when Subbing every once in a while, and he has Sand Veil.
Heatran is the only Steel type that this Scizor has problems with (edit: Steelix as well). I can simply switch to Latios if Staraptor haven't killed Heatran already. I considered Superpower but Bug Bite hits stronger most of the time (135 vs 120), trolls ChestoRestos & Subbers and has no side effect.

I think Scizor is the most solid member of this team, he's doing what he should and never fails at that. Maybe use Ttar or Gastrodon to laugh at Electric and Fire?

Modest 252 spe Hydra = 150 speed + scarf = 225 speed
Jolly 252 spe Pinsir 4 = 150 speed + scarf = 225 speed

They tie, although X-Scissor has a 25% chance to OHKO while Thrower always OHKOs, so your odds of winning the showdown are better.
Whoa, looks like I miscalculated - I thought Hydra beat it by a point. Still, the odds are still in my favour at least - and Ape can always use Fake Out to secure the kill. I'm extremely reluctant to go Timid for this thing, though, as I notice the slight lack of Hydra's hitting power with no boosting item: it doesn't OHKO Dragonite or Latios, for instance. But I do love the speed.

Nice work having a go with a TR team. Why didn't you use Dusclops instead of Duskull? There were no EQ users on your team, so Levitate wasn't strictly necessary. (Unless you didn't want to train up a Duskull, which I understand)

i also like to see the links if possible.

Peterko i also been testing a similar set but with twave instead of attackin move, also with heatran but with latios, wasnt as amazing as hoped lol.

Yh roost gives you extra healing but sub protects you from status and critical hits which is needed, a untimely crit is enough to end a . streak where a sub would save you, most people here would class sub as best move in the tower/subway.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think it's best if I team up with someone who is willing to play Super Multi Train because I really am desperate to get this trophy and it has proven to be a real challenge to earn it by myself. Props to TR on such a streak; I've tried his team and didn't have as much success.

If anyone is willing to spare some time later on tonight, please contact me lol.

I would like to plow my way through singles with Typhlosion, Ninetails and Blaziken and see how far I can get.

Status is no problem for this Scizor* while untimely crit means that I have to Roost again 2-3 times and nothing more. There aren't many attacks capable of dealing 50% (100% with crit) to Bulky Scizor - some boosted STABs and that's it? If they do more, they're most likely Fire type. Actually, the only problematic not-Fire move is Waterfall with its flinch rate - it's like 60% to me...

*Out of sleepers, only Ninetales, Poliwrath 2, Politoed 4, Breloom 3 are capable of killing Scizor. Both Staraptor and Latios murder them.
Freeze is rare and needs to last 5+ turns to pose a danger.
Out of not-Fire WoWers, only Spiritomb 2 and Gengar 2 are capable of killing Scizor. Fire types kill Scizor without the need for status.
Without Roost, this Scizor won't be able to get to +6 - he still won't have any hope of beating Fire types, even with Sub up. When I see Fire move user I simply switch or sacrifice.

I'd like to see links with 300+ streaks as well, they might use some awesome strategies.

Oh hey, Jumpman broke the record again! Nice! :D
Trying the team right now; probably won't stay with it past 70 because it's kinda his team and as some have said it's more the team than the playing.
I'm just wondering if the better option for Dragonite the turn after Sub is DD or Roost because of Multiscale. Which is it?

Peterko

Never give up!
Metagross, Tornadus, Medicham, Hydreigon: 132

I knew that getting a female Sableye in the Dream World today was a bad omen. There had to be some kind of compensatory justice. So, later today, I had battles with 5 x Tornadus fully para in a row or a double burning Heat Wave from Volcarona and a myriad of CHs happening almost every turn.

Oh, I´m using MetaTorn, but this time, Meta holds a Choice Band, its LO went to Hydra and I use Sash Medicham instead of Hitmontop. The team feels super awesome when you have played so many Subway battles, I know if a team is amazing (200+ worthy) or good (100+) or not-so-good-but-you-still-want-to-get-a-higher-streak-than-possible. With a first cathegory team, losing „early“ hurts. Unfortunately, I lost just a few battles before beating the first 137 MetaTorn streak despite this version of the team generally having an easier time and I feel this is the (much) better team. SashCham is amazing, so is CBMeta (no more surviving Bullet Punches, Mr. Aero).

#133 vs Janitor Oscar: Typhlosion, Vaporeon, Suicune, Bronzong
1. Switch out Meta, Hydra in, Vappy Helping Hand, Typhlo Eruption, Tornadus fainted, Hydra 89/167.
- my Cham in
2. Cham Fake Out Typhlo, Vappy QC (#1) Shadow Ball, Cham 6/136, Hydra Dragon Pulse, Typhlo fainted
- foe Suicune
3. Vappy QC (#2) Shadow Ball, Cham fainted, Suicune Surf, Hydra Dragon Pulse, 60% to Cune, 27/167 after LO.
- my Meta in
4. Hydra Protect, Suicune Surf, Meta 104/155, Meta Quake, CH on Cune, Cune fainted, Vappy Surf, Meta 29/155.
- foe Zong
5. Vappy QC (#3) Shadow Ball, Meta fainted, Hydra Dragon Pulse, Vappy 5% left, Zong Light Screen.
6. Vappy QC (#4) Shadow Ball, Hydra fainted.

Before turn 1 I had two options, Acrobatics (1) and Tailwind (2). I´ve faced scarf Typhlo twice or three times, it CH OHKOd Tornadus once (didn´t know its set) and died the other times to Acrobatics. My mistake was not checking Vaporeon´s moveset, a huge mistake in hindsight, or else I would´ve used Tailwind for sure. That stupid Vaporeon had to QC hax me though...

Hydra Dragon Pulse does 94-112 = 53-64% dmg to Suicune
Meta Quake does 65-77 = 37-44% dmg to Suicune
The CH maybe wasn´t needed and the KO depended on damage range.

Hydra Dragon Pulse does 111-132 = 54-64% dmg to Vappy
Meta Quake does 78-92 = 38-45% dmg to Vappy
Here, average damage kills Vappy, which I apparently didn´t get turns 4-5 lol.

So, had I Tailwinded turn 1, I would bring in Meta for the fallen Tornadus and Quake OHKO Typhlo + Dragon Pulse Vaporeon getting to 3-2 and being faster, then get rid of Cune without taking a hit from it and eventually win.

Before turn 1 I had two options, Acrobatics (1) and Tailwind (2). I´ve faced scarf Typhlo twice or three times, it CH OHKOd Tornadus once (didn´t know its set) and died the other times to Acrobatics. My mistake was not checking Vaporeon´s moveset, a huge mistake in hindsight, or else I would´ve used Tailwind for sure. That stupid Vaporeon had to QC hax me though...
Lawlz, that's like my rule number one, always check the freaking water type's move sets. Chances are you'll find out they will use a status move when your expecting a surf. Although, its hard to play the "pin the moveset on the eeveelution" due to the many times you can't use process of elimination. Unless its after turn one and you see one if its moves...

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
whew, first time posting in this thread, but whatever. I've been having some success with a team on super doubles, and I thought I'd share it so others could try it if they wanted + get some feedback on it. Anyways, on with the team:

Hitmontop @ Sitrus berry | Intimidate
Adamant Nature
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def
Lv50 Stats: 153 / 161 / 120 / 49 / 130 / 90
~Fake Out
~Mach Punch
~Rock Slide
~Close Combat (/Wide Guard?)

Volcarona @ Focus Sash | Flame Body
Timid Nature
IVs: 31 / x / 31 / 30 / 30 / 31
EVs: 4 HP / 44 Def / 248 SpA / 216 Spe
Lv50 Stats: 161 / x / 91 / 186 / 125 / 161
~Quiver Dance
~Heat Wave
~Bug Buzz
~Hidden Power Ground 70

Latios @ LO | Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 / 22 / 30 / 30 / 30 / 31
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Lv50 Stats: 155 / 95 / 100 / 181 / 130 / 178
~Dragon Pulse
~Psyshock
~Thunderbolt
~Surf

Rotom-W @ Leftovers | Levitate
Modest Nature
IVs: 31 / 2 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 31
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 248 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Lv50 Stats: 156 / 63 / 128 / 171 / 128 / 107
~Substitute
~Thunderbolt
~Hydro Pump
~Hidden Power Grass 70

-----
It's a simple strategy, really; Top FO's and intimidates the opposition while volca either QD's or attacks, depending on who's out on the opposite side of the field. Sitrus berry on Top usually guarantees it can take at least two hits, perhaps more. Mach punch is standard priority, and close combat is really only there for ttar, who otherwise can give me a bit of trouble depending on who the second opponent is. Rock slide is so I can hit the dragon/flying crew for a least some SE damage with the first two mons out.

Volcarona is also standard fare, QD is obvious to outspeed more stuff; the EVs listed give 161 speed at Lv50, enough to outspeed everything but the two fastest mons in the subway (both of which are scarved) after one QD; hidden power ground gives me something to hit fire types, though sometimes I find myself wishing it had hp rock. Heat wave hits both opponents (obviously) and serves as my primary stab, while bug buzz is secondary stab and hits the psychic types that 'top dislikes SE.

Latios serves as my fast power-killer, hitting many different things SE, and ohkoing a bunch of stuff. I run surf > ice beam because of the spread power + the fact that, even with LO surf doesn't do enough to break Rotom's Sub. Dpulse, psyshock, and tbolt are the bread and butter of latios' sets anyways.

Finally, Rotom-W. Rotom has been a very good blessing for this team, as the flying + water + extra fire resist is golden. Seriously, more people need to use this dude. Anyways, tbolt and hpump are obligatory stab moves that dish out a lot of damage, and hidden power grass deals with the water/grounds who like to give me trouble otherwise. Substitute is so I can block status and hide from ohko moves for a turn.

----

EDIT: Just lost the streak at 103

Will edit in proof in about an hour

Any and all comments/critiques are welcome!

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Ok so I just got a streak of 87 in super singles with my Cloyster team. The way I lost was stupid and embarassing (more on that below).

Team

Cloyster @ focus sash
Naughty
ivs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
evs: 0/252/0/12/0/244
stats: 125/161/200/107/58/121
Skill Link

Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Surf
Shell Smash

Garchomp @ lum berry
Jolly
ivs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
evs: 0/252/0/0/4/252
stats: 183/182/115/90/106/169
Sand Veil

Earthquake
Substitute
Dragon Claw
Swords Dance

Ferrothorn @ leftovers
Sassy
iv: 31/31/31/x/31/0
evs: 252/0/68/0/188/0
stats: 181/114/160/72/176/22
Iron Barbs

Gyro Ball
Curse
Leech Seed
Substitute

Cloyster is pretty cool. It's a bit like Scarf Darmanitan in that it can sweep many teams on its own really quickly. As you can see mine is mixed. Not sure whether it's actually better than pure physical but Surf having 100 accuracy is a nice bonus, and it can deal with defensively biased pokemon that shrug off my other moves (e.g. Cobalion 4). The evs are set to ensure I outspeed Scarf Terrakion after 1 smash (sadly I'm still outsped by Scarf Entei no matter how much speed I put in).

I've found the best pokemon to set up on are opposing set up pokemon, particularly Amnesia, Stockpile and Calm Mind. Those pokemon are stupid and think they can beat me if they can set up alongside me. Instead, I maximise my offences and speed, plus I still have my Focus Sash intact. I can't lose unless the opponent just happens to have two priority users in tow (but even then my other team members can finish up).

Garchomp serves as my status absorber. It may seem unorthodox, but with Lum Berry, Substitute, Thunder Wave immunity and its great speed stat, it can turn Will-O-Wisp spammers into set up bait. It also has great initial power in Earthquake if it needs to attack right away. Plus, Garchomp can abuse the Sandstorm that Cloyster hates. The evs maximise attack and speed. The remaining is put into Sp. Def rather than HP to ensure I can make 4 substitutes at full health rather than three. Hasn't mattered yet but you never know.

Ferrothorn can deal with Water and Steel types nicely which is important because Cloyster can't set up well against them at all. It also deals with Trick Room. It's the standard set so it brings the usual benefits to the team. The only downside is the fighting weakness, but it isn't that big of a deal usually (though I did have one annoying battle where the opponent lead with Fake Out Mienshao with Mach Punch Conkeldurr as back up). The evs focus on Sp. Def, but some Def investment is absolutely necessary because Ferrothorn struggles to keep its Substitute up against strong Earthquakes and X-Scissors without Def investment if it has no Curse boosts.

Certain steels can be troublesome to this team, especially Trick Room Bronzong (if Ferrothorn has died). It really all depends on the situation though.

How I Lost:

I lost mainly because I didn't check the first pokemon's moveset carefully enough, along with a retarded accidental misclick (in that I meant to click one move but missed and hit the other).

Battle 88 vs. Pilot Chand

I send out Cloyster, Chand sends out Honchkrow
I Shell Smash, Honchkrow Thunderwaves
Honchkrow Drill Pecks (Cloyster at 38 HP, Life Orb recoil), Cloyster fully paralysed
Honchkrow Sucker Punches, Cloyster dead

I send in Garchomp
I Substitute (Garchomp at 138 HP), Honchkrow Drill Pecks (sub broken, Life Orb recoil)
I Dragon Claw (Honchkrow at 20%), Honchkrow Drill Pecks (Garchomp at 29 HP, Life Orb recoil)
I Substitute (lol WTF), Honchkrow Night Slashs, Garchomp dead, Honchkrow dies to recoil

I send out Ferrothorn, Chand sends out Charizard
Charizard Fire Punchs (Ferrothorn at 13 HP), I Gyro Ball (Charizard at 60% with Iron Thorns damage)
Charizard Fire Punches, Ferrothorn dead (Charizard at 50% with Iron Thorns damage).

Ok, so firstly I Shell Smashed without seeing that Honchkrow 4 has Thunder Wave. If I'd switched in Garchomp then things might have turned out differently. After the Thunder Wave I left Cloyster in as a paralysed Cloyster is basically useless, and of course it was fully paralysed.

I chose to Substitute first with Garchomp because I thought Honchkrow might Sucker Punch, though it was probably a 50/50 chance between Sucker Punch and Drill Peck (note they have the same power). I then go to kill it with consecutive Dragon Claws, but then I literally miss the Dragon Claw button on the second attempt and use Substitute instead!

Of course, the opponent just happened to have a Charizard when Ferrothorn was my last hope. What is funny is that when I sent out Ferrothorn I actually thought to myself 'he is probably gonna send out a Moltres or a Charizard'. I must be psychic (or I've played enough to know that the subway is really good at putting you into worst case scenarios).

For the record, Chand's last pokemon was Zapdos. 2 of the Zapdos used in the subway have Heat Wave, so there's a chance I lost by a long shot. I'd say the Thunder Wave mess at the start was the true game decider. If I'd switched in Garchomp then, it could have beaten Honchkrow and then Cloyster could have set up on Charizard or Zapdos and won (assuming Zapdos didn't paralyze or evasion-hax me). I don't think the misclick changed anything (Garchomp was almost dead and I doubt a near dead Garchomp and Ferrothorn would have beaten Charizard and Zapdos, especially if Zapdos had Heat Wave).

I will be giving this team another shot in the future that's for sure, but not right now.

Whats the best way to handle the bug/steels when using a rain dance team? I'm really struggling against them atm and unsure what to do, Fire move is obviously pointless, so should i use a strong/stab fighting move to wipe them out?

My second attempt with Shuckle, Vaporeon and Salamence lost at 106, but I think the teams got potential for a much longer streak, so I won't do a proper write-up yet.

I was facing a Salamence with DD, Rock Slide, Dragon Claw and Zen Headbutt. Rockslide got 3 flinches on Shuckle. It would've been fine except I had Vaporeon in with +6 Defense and was pp-wasting Dragon Claw (so my Mence could set up), but I got hit by 2 consecutive crits which first broke the sub and then KOd (as the opposing Mence was at +6 Attack).
If only I'd been using sub when the first one hit, but I was worried about running out of pp :/

But anyway; no insurmountable problems as yet.

@atsync
That is classic subway shenanigans that it was a charizard on the blind switch, especially considering the number of pokes that Ferrothorn can set up on. Looks like a good team though. Must be nice to take less than 5 minutes per battle :P

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Whats the best way to handle the bug/steels when using a rain dance team? I'm really struggling against them atm and unsure what to do, Fire move is obviously pointless, so should i use a strong/stab fighting move to wipe them out?
Is this for Singles or Doubles?

Sorry ment to say, in doubles. Running a team similar to yours atm and bug/steel causing me trouble, lost twice to the bulky one cant think name but begins with e lol.

I don't see why you would struggle against Bug / Steel if you are using a rain team. Just overpower it with your STAB water moves.

Do you mean Escavalier? I'm sure it's 2HKO'd by any STAB water move in the rain.

yh thats the one CD lol memory went blank ha. Maybe its who its paired with why im struggling then, but i do only have 1 water abuser in the front row which is toad with HP. Im trying to use a less standard rain team, but am only certain on the 3 members atm, but atm that poke could OHKO both my original back line which might also be why i struggled. Looking into a new 4th membber atm.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
What Chinese Dood says is correct, for the most part your STAB water attacks should be used against Steels and Bugs.

Pokemon like Escavalier, Bronzong, and Metagross can take 2 75% powered Surfs in the rain, but if you have something with an Absorb Bulb or Life Orb, the extra power can allow you to take them out without any problems.

The only Steel Types I can think of that can give you troubles are Empoleon, Registeel, and Ferrothorn.

Empoleon resists water, but can't really hit back that hard, so you can usually leave them alone except for Empoleon 3 who has Icy Wind.

Ferrothorn is tough to take out. Ferrothorn 4 is most common but just sits there and sets up without attacking. You can literally KO it with Surf before it ever tries to make a move. Ferrothorn 3 doesn't have as much defense, and doesn't hit too hard but you have to watch out for Explosion. You will need a strong Fighting move for dealing with Ferrothorn 2 since it has Rest. Ferrothorn 1 is rarest, but it can be annoying with Sandstorm and Thunder Wave. It should also be taken out with Fighting moves.

Registeel is not resistant to water, but some of them have Amnesia, and can get to be a real pain if you let them get set up.

As for Bug Types, aside from Scarfed Pinsir, you shouldn't have troubles with Bug Types. I think all of them except Vespiquen and the previously mentioned Escavalier get 2HKO by 75% Surf in Rain.

Cheers for the heads up, tad slow on the rain team part, perviously stayed away from them but recently decided to try it out. Gave me abit to think about, scarfers arent a problem to my team due to running one myself who is doing well, much better than i thought it could anyway. I thought i'd need to fit a fighting move in there somewhere but currently only have one and its FB of all moves lol, so guna look into adding HP fighting onto my scarfer to see how it goes.

My main problem with the bug/steel types were both my back ups were murdered by them and obviously having a scarfer up front who isnt bulky ment i could get myself into a mess. but i've only been playing this team past few days so still learning how to play it etc

I might look into the items i'm running aswell due to atm i'm using focus sash, scarf,leftovers and absorb bulb so might need to add more power into the team via life orb etc, tempted to take out sash for life orb due to it not being as used much but i no for fact first match without it i'l loose haa!

cheers for the help CD and R.Inanimate, are you two working on anything new?

hopefully have a update for you soon :)

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
Since the new VGC season came up earlier than expected, I've been a busy building myself a team for it since I might attend one of the November regionals. Thus, I haven't really been doing much in terms of the Battle Subway.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
@atsync
That is classic subway shenanigans that it was a charizard on the blind switch, especially considering the number of pokes that Ferrothorn can set up on. Looks like a good team though. Must be nice to take less than 5 minutes per battle :P
Oh believe me, it is definitely nice to have short battles, which is the main reason why I play these sort of teams in the subway (even if they are a bit harder to get massive streaks with than cripple-to-sweeper teams because of how vulnerable my teams are to hax and singular misplays). It should be said that some of my battles did take a bit longer than 5 minutes because of the amount of time Ferrothorn requires to set up, but it's definitely worth it in the long run.

I'm not too cut up about the Charizard thing though because it was my own fault for getting into the situation in the first place (this wouldn't have been a problem if I had not left Cloyster in on Honchkrow).

I took a bit of break to play some pokemon today but didn't really think of any particularly good strategy, so just went with a random good stuffs team for Double Subway.

Latios / Levitate / Timid @ Specs - Dragon Pulse / Thunderbolt / Psyshock / HP Ground 70
Kangaskhan / Scrappy / Jolly @ Silk Scarf - Fake Out / Return / Sucker Punch / Low Kick
Murkrow / Prankster / Careful @ Eviolite - Sucker Punch / Night Shade / Twave / Featherdance
Scizor / Technician / Adamant @ Life Orb - Bullet Punch / Superpower / U-Turn / Protect

"Strategy" - I was pretty much trying out Kangaskhan since she's such a cool pokemon. Obviously Infernape works better as lead with Latios (KOing dark and steel types with ease), but Kangaskhan isn't too bad. I was sort of trying of different things (Mienshao, Volcarona, Haxorus, Terrakion, Conkeldurr, etc.), and then I thought 4 priority moves in a team (6 if I count Murkrow's Twave and Featherdance) was sort of funny.

I was really thinking about Roost or Toxic or Foul Play on Murkrow, but well, I did not have Roost as an egg move, so maybe will try that another time. Toxic I thought might not be that useful in such a fast pace game (if I had Toxic I would have won the last battle I lost though, heh, o well). Foul Play was sort of too situational, and so many hard attackers are fighting types that resist dark anyway. Night Shade actually ended up being a lot more useful than I thought. Often Latios would be marginally short of a OHKO or Kangaskhan is marginally short of a 2HKO (or sometimes OHKO), and Murkrow can pick off a KO quickly. Even without any attack EVs, it always OHKOs Alakazam with Sucker Punch so that's cool, though it falls sort of OHKOing Gardevoir. Maybe I should put a little bit of Attack EVs if I am using Sucker Punch? I dunno. Murkrow's main task is not to get KOs anyway. Twaving and Featherdancing opponents are sometimes very useful.

Scizor was sort of just "slapped" on since I figured I might want a dragon resist and strong priority user. Though I think there can certainly be better choices, like maybe Metagross which can EQ with Latios/Murkrow. I thought I would need fighting move (i.e. Scizor Superpower) fairly badly because other than Kangaskhan nothing can really beat things likes Blissey/Snorlax, and Kangaskhan doesn't attack that strong. heh, that's maybe why Infernape is better.

Anyway, maybe I'll figure out a more thoroughly thought out team next week sometime.

Oh! O yeah, I lost at 52 lol, nothing big. I thought I would lose to an Ice team, which I almost did a couple times, but instead lost to a legendary team with Double Team Cresselia which Toxic'd my 3 pokemon after Scizor got OHKO'd by Raikou's crit TBolt. If Murkrow had Toxic I probably would have won. Heh.

Peterko

Never give up!
Metagross, Tornadus, Medicham, Hydreigon: 185

Damn, I´m very angry at myself, because I messed up another good streak (actually my 3rd highest doubles streak) of one of my best teams...a team that has yet to lose before 130.

At #149, a Roughneck almost got me with a QC CH Stone Edge turn 1 and afterwards Pinsir began to Guillotine (I think for the first time ever after thousands and thousands of battles in the Sub), hitting the first one (Meta) but fortunately not the second one. Had he hit both, I would´ve been a goner.

Later, battle #172 was a close one against a Battle Girl with switching around because of a bad match up: Intimidate Arcanine + Chande leads, Arc targeted Tornadus with Flare Blitz instead of the OHKO on Meta and later Hydra did absolutely min damage with Dark Pulse against Chande (modest, LO rand. 96-100 in the formula always OHKOs Chande 4) letting it get in a burning Heat Wave...the battle girl´s back row were Breloom+another fighter, manageable by Cham+Tornadus though (Tornadus lived because it avoided Heat Wave turn 1 and I switched it out of ExtremeSpeed turn 2). Afterwards, battle #173 began with a Breloom double CH Rock Slide...anyway,

#186 vs Psychic Khaan: Starmie, Claydol, Slowking, Gothitelle
1. Ice Beam, CH, Tornadus fainted, Iron Head 90% dmg to Clay, Clay Rock Slide, Meta 142/155.
-> my Hydra in
2. Clay Custap, Explosion, 70% to Starmie, Meta 108/155, Hydra 76/167, Starmie Ice Beam, Hydra fainted, Meta Iron Head, Starmie fainted.
-> my Cham, foe Slowking & Gothitelle
3. Fake Out Slowking, Meta Iron Head 75% to Goth, Goth Flatter Cham.
4. Cham hurt itself, Meta Iron Head, Goth avoided, Goth Psychic Cham 19/136, Slowking TR.
5. Slowking Psychic, Cham fainted, Goth Psychic Meta 89/155, Meta Iron Head King to 45%
6. Slowking Ice Beam Meta 66/155, Goth Flatter, Meta hurt itself 40/155.
7. Slowking Surf, Goth 1% left, Meta fainted.
0-2

I know, a very shameful loss. I have to Tailwind turn 1, because Starmie has a 10% chance to flinch me, 10% chance to freeze or paralyze me (depending on its move choice) and a 6,25% chance to OHKO me with a CH. That´s not all, Claydol was about to Rock Slide for the KO, not to mention speed is imperative in case of foe Espeon, Alakazam or Froslass backup. I didn´t Tailwind and lost Tornadus without it doing anything. Good job.

OMG what the hell did I do turn 2? Well, I was thrown off by the first turn and totally forgot about Custap. Protect Hydra and I win easily (Meta KO´s Starmie with Iron Head after Explosion damage and I´m 3-2 up with a 100% modest LO Hydra facing Slowking and Gothitelle with the help of a 307 atk STAB Iron Head). I didn´t protect and lost Hydra without it doing anything. Well played.

CH, BrightPowder activation and obligatory hurting myself in confusion all the time is standard Subway hax. Had I played at least an average battle by my standards, I´m absolutely sure that I wouldn´t have lost.

That´s 7 hours thrown out of the window ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)