Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

Heart Gold Battle Factory Single Level 50
Streak: 38
Sorry but I don't have the slightest idea how it ended, it's from over half a year ago. On the other hand, I can tell how I lost two streaks today (Level 100).
First (battle #29 I think) - Abomasnow's Ice Beam freezes Bronzong, lasts for 8 turns until he killed me. Another 1st turn Ice Beam freeze vs something and kill, my 3rd Poke misses with Rock Slide, is slept with Grasswhistle, dies to crit Ice Beam next turn. Yay.
Double Team Cradily haxed Electivire 3, Milotic 2, Salamence 4 to death, ending another streak at 22 (?).

Pseudo-legend Dragons are bosses. Even special Garchomp and Dragonite. You simply can't go wrong with them, they're always superior choice. Well, unless Rhydon decides to ohko with Rock Slide... (I was surprised that Dnite died to sth like that).
Miotic 2 stalls like a boss untill you meet Poison+Steel trainer.

ROTFL at one battle:
Staraptor Aerial Ace, Medicham dies
Staraptor Aerial Ace, Lucario Urfquakes
Staraptor Aerial Ace, Lucario dies
Staraptor Aerial Ace, Politoed Urfquakes
Staraptor Aerial Ace, Politoed Urfquakes
Staraptor Aerial Ace, Politoed dies
That was hilarious.

I tend to get much better Pokemon in first set of seven battles than in second one (and sometimes third) when playing Single Open Level.

Usually I can't bother to swap when I have Mence, Starmie and Ttar and just beat team like Electrode, Altaria and Armaldo. Maybe give it a try next time?

Edit:
After totally awesome EB Starmie, Lum Salamence + some crap (Regirock -> Mamoswine -> Rampardos -> at last ChopleTar) in 22-28 there obviously had to come...
Drifblim/Slowking/Mr. Mime/Glaceon/Golem/Dugtrio. Hell yeah.
I went with Glaceon/Slowking/Golem.
Glaceon kills Porygon-Z with Snow Cloak Hail Blizzard, red HP, dies to Skarmory after one Blizzard, Golem Flings Iron Ball, dies to second Steel Wing, Skarmory KOs itself hitting Slowking with Brave Bird, Jolteon KOs with Signal Beam.
Impossible to win with any set of three from these six...
damnit, third 28 streak in past two days.

Battle Factory is apparently apologizing to me for ending my 33 streak with a lead Wailord 4. (Fissure)

For 14-21, I got amazing QC luck with Machamp 3. I don't think any mattered, but it's certainly a spirit lifter to be on the other side of it. I get back to a 21 streak, and in my starting pool is TTar 4 (DD/SE/EQ/Crunch), Regirock 2, and Swampert 4.

Hopefully this will go well, but at least I'm having fun. Nothing's funnier than sweeping an entire team using Blast Burn since the AI's determined to Baton Pass nothing.... especially when it can just EQ Blaziken with Gliscor 1 instead.

Oh, how can u guys be so good in Battle Factory? I think there's a bug in my game lol, i always loose due to ch xD it's so unfair :(

I just finished my DP singles (with one Platinum tradeback pokemon) streak a few days ago, at 227.

The team was

Latios@Specs
Timid(4hp, 252spa, 252spe)
-Dragon Pulse
-Psychic
-Surf
-Draco Meteor

Scizor@Choice Band
Adamant(252atk, ??hp, ??spe)
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Superpower
-Thief ( don't know why I have this..... )

Garchomp@Yache Berry
Jolly(4 hp, 252 atk, 252 spe)
-Eq
-Outrage
-SD
-Fire Fang

Latios and Scizor have perfect coverage with each other, and form the core of this team. The BT will 99% of the time use the super-effective move (like shadow ball on latios), and this helps my team greatly b/c when latios or scizor are locked on the wrong move, I can switch out and take very little damage.

The second thing I like very much about this team is that battles end quickly. Unlike your typical Trick BT team, where an average battle will last for over 10-15 turns, this team can sweep from the beginning of the battle.

Warstory Battle 141: Won by a miracle.

Latios, Scizor beat 1st 2 pokemon: Latios at half, Scizor at full and locked into Bullet Punch.
Opponent sends in Floatzel
I switch in Garchomp b/c scizor locked into BP (Misplay)
Floatzel used Rain Dance
Floatzel used IceFang, Garchomp was frozen solid.
I switch in Latios, Floatzel used Ice Fang.
I switch in Scizor, Waterfall? crit, scizor faint
Switch back to Garchomp, Ice Fang.
Rain ends

Now Floatzel is still full health, and latios has like 20ish hp left. Thought I was done until Floatzel used aqua jet, leaving latios with exactly 1 hp left. Draco Meteor hits, and is an OHKO.

Now, its 3:00AM, and I have HW due the next day, so I'm multitasking.

Start of battle 227:

Latios vs. Arcanine
Latios uses Dragon Pulse, Arcanine in deep red uses Crunch
Arcanine uses E-speed, Latios fainted.

2 majors misplays here: Surf would've KOed Arcanine and I should've seen extremespeed coming and switched to garchomp.

I send in Garchomp, eq, and arcanine faints.

Other trainer sends in Steelix.
Garchomp uses SD, steelix uses gyro ball/iron tail (don't remember).
Steelix's quick claw activates. Steelix uses gyro ball/iron tail, its a CRITICAL HIT. GARCHOMP FAINTED.

I send in scizor.
Scizor uses Superpower twice to kill Steelix.

Other trainer sends in Heracross
-2 atk, -2 def scizor locked into superpower vs. heracross, gg

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I've been lurking around these threads, looking for a team to steal. Well, I found one, but my inferior copy of this team didn't even get beyond Battle 50-something in the HG Battle Tower. I really wasn't going to make an account until I got a leaderboard-worthy streak.

Well,
Heart Gold Battle Arcade Singles Streak - 69

Team:
Gengar
Nature: Timid
IVs: Uncertain (though not particularly good)
EV spread: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Moveset:
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Energy Ball
~ Destiny Bond

Garchomp
Nature: Jolly
IVs: Uncertain (Though 31 Atk / Spe)
EV spread: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Moveset:
~ Aerial Ace
~ Earthquake
~ Outrage
~ Stone Edge

Porygon-Z
Nature: Modest
IVs: Uncertain (though 31 SpA IVs)
EV spread: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Moveset:
~ Tri Attack
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Ice Beam

Not really any team strategy here, hence a Battle 70 loss is pretty understandable.
I wouldn't actually have gotten this far if not for a few lucky battle-skips, actually.

Lost when Trick Room was activated. Should switched directly to Porygon-Z (the only slow nub on my team) to take care of the Zapdos but wasn't really thinking.
Bah.
Verification for Battle 70 loss: 93-70561-49300

I know that not many people post here anymore but I was hoping to get some advice. I was initially just interested in the battle tower so that I could get a few special moves but after realizing how challenging it can be I really would like to see how far I can go. This is for the Soul Silver Battle tower.

Current team.

Gengar @ Focus Sash
(Timid)
IVs: Max with HP Fire.
EVS: 252 Speed/SA 4 HP
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Destiny bond
Hidden power Fire

I had been using LO Gengar as my lead but after reading this thread I switched to FS and destiny bond. This has helped me out immensely. The one pokemon that I don't have any doubts about.

Magneton @ choice Scarf
(Modest)
IVS: 31/19/31/30/30/31
EVS: 252 Speed/Special Attack 4 HP
Discharge
Hidden Power
Thunder wave
Explosion

I've kept him as a Magneton because I wanted the higher speed but I'm thinking that I should evolve him for the added bulk and attacking power. Thunder wave with choice scarf is probably dumb but I had my reasons for wanting it.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
(Modest)
IVS: 31/31/30/31/31/31
EVS: I forgot haha
Nasty Plot
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Hidden Power Ice

So that's my team but I feel sort of stuck right now. My streak is at an unbroken 42 but I feel like I may need to change up to team if I'm going to keep going. I think I need to replace Togekiss with something faster or with more resistances. Infernape, Lucario and Dragonite seem like viable choices. Scarf Dragonite maybe? I don't know, I just feel like I'm really leaving myself open with Airslash and Aura sphere on my side.

Just curious, is there any proof of a "perfect" Battle Factory run, per se? As in, going through all seven trainers, and winning 3-0 each time without losing a single Pokemon? I'd say it's one of the hardest things out there, cause it's entirely based on luck, and we all know whose side the luck is on in the Battle Frontier...

I attempted this today. The Factory set me up with some good Pokemon starting off. I chose the following:

Vaporeon @ BrightPowder
-Surf
-Acid Armor
-Baton Pass
-

Glaceon @
-Ice Beam
-Double Team
-Baton Pass
-

Lanturn @ the Ground resist berry
-Surf
-Discharge
-Thunder Wave
-Aqua Ring

So, I set up a Baton Pass team. Basically, if the opponent led with a physical attacker, it was an instant win, thanks to Double Team passing. But if I had to deal with a special attacking lead, I was in serious trouble.

I ended up losing on the fifth battle, as my entire team was taken down by a Porygon-Z while I tried to set up. This is probably the hardest challenge I've attempted.

And a side note, I once had a Focus Blast hit me, after 6 Double Teams... xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)