Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Red Machine
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Morning Sunn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST GMT -5
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/DPP OU/BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Im 14 and a freshman in High School, and taking many AP classes, enjoy playing baseball, basketball and ultimate frisbee, and really hope to get tutored so I can become a better battler :)

Haven't got a tutor in the last 2 Rounds

Also Scimjara has agreed to tutor me

Username:xXTigersXx
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:GaiaPerson
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:Central Time: 2:30 to 10:30 most days
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 14 year boy in Memphis. I enjoy pokemon, anime, drawing, MMA (Currently taking classes) and all that other awesome junk lol. I am fun and open to most decisions and wild and creative. My teams are kinda crazy but awesome. So I hope to get a tutor ^^

Username: MaestroXXVI
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: MaestroXXVI
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 20:00-24:00 (starting Dec 19)
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been battling on and off for the past few months, and I'd like to take the christmas break to improve my game. I was tutored by Macle a few rounds back but didn't really have as much free time as I had hoped, so we dodn't get much done. Incidentally, I don't like talking about myself online, so other than the fact that I'm Canadian (also, I'm friendly :)), you probably won't learn a lot about me as a person.

In terms of pokemon knowledge, im obviously not the best battler, but I'm quite interested in theorymonning...if you've seen me around DST, you've seen me in the PO Usage Stats thread, asking about obscure speed EV spreads that most people don't really care about...preferably, I'd like a tutor that gets the theory/stats side of the game and is able to use that to help me improve my actual battling skills. Being tutored by a Canadian would be a bonus.

Assigned to Agammemnon

Username
: bubbly
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: bubbly, bubblytest#, etc
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT + 8 (usually available for most of the day though)
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU, hopefully some BW OU if there's time.
Tell us a little about yourself: Starting uni next year. I do a lot of tennis, piano and so on. That's pretty much it :)

I haven't received a tutor for the last 4 rounds. I understand there may be some timezone / availability difficulties but like I said I'm really free most of the day right now and can work around whenever a tutor could be online.

Assigned to Alice >_<

Username
: sunbeam
PO Username: Sunbeam
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-4 available from 2:00pm-Midnight everyday since I started vacation.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU(priority) ,BW UU, BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: Well Im a college student first year. I want to better myself in pokemon and be a better teambuilder. I never know when it will be my last day playing pokes so I want to learn as much as possible to get better at the game I love.

Username: LighTz911
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: LighTz911
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 Everyday.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just a random on Smogon who enjoys Pokemon. I also got rejected last round...

I'd like to request Haunter or AndViet for this round.

Tutor sign up*
Dexs Kid
Pokémon Online-DeVante
GMT-8 (6:00-11:00)
Standard OU
I'm going to join the US Air Force and still play Pokémon because it's the best game I've ever played. And I love to use strategy to out-wit my opponent. I think I've hit a plateau and need some help to get to the next level.

I don't have that many post because when I joined I had a lot to do like homework and band but then when I graduated I work working a lot and going to the gym i was too tired to play Pokémon most o the time. But now that things have cooled down and I've lost enough weight to get into the USAF (45lbs 230-185) I really want to get into Pokémon. As you can see I have been quite active just recently and will continue until I go to basic training where I will be thinking of strategies while I'm in there. So that's my story lol

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to kd24
Username
: New World Order
Shoddy Username: New World Order
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-7, all (Christmas break)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, DPP OU/ ADV OU if time given
Tell us a little about yourself: Most people on this site are probably wondering how on Earth I haven't been banned yet, but here I am still :D

I have not gotten a tutor for the last 3 rounds!

Assigned to Alice

Username:
Arrogance.
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Arrogance.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Weekends, or late night. (suck with timezones).
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU and ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Used to be proficient in 4th Gen OU, good battler. Then B/W came with a horde of ugly Pokemon and I fell outta practice. Basic knowledge of threats and playstyles needed for me. X)

Username:buttered
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: buttered
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -6 7pm-11pm
Tell us a little about yourself:I like to play pokemon, and would like a tutor.

Shakeitup said he'd tutor me

DeagleBeagle

Banned deucer.
Username: DeagleBeagle
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: DeagleBeagle
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, almost all the time during the afternoon.
Tell us a little about yourself: I have great potential in battling and have done very well in the past. I write my own articles on VGC and JAA. I got top8 in the world in 2010 for VGC. I have done very well in 4th Gen' OU. I look forward to getting super good at OU, that is my goal.

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Username: complete legitimacy
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: complete legitimacy
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 4:00-6:00 weekdays, all day Saturdays, not Sundays
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm pretty good already at BW OU, although I'm not top 10 material. I'm having trouble teambuilding as of now, but I'm looking to get better at that. I'd like to focus on that first, but if there is time I'd like to delve into BW UU as well, which I am decent at.

Username: FlareonFTW
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:Im2StepsAfterYou/R3K1LL/PuertoRicanCompany
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:(UTC-04:00) Georgetown, La Paz, Manaus, San Juan. I'm On most of the time :)

Tell us a little about yourself: Im a very active member, I've been trying to get tutored but never can't get in. Im from Puerto Rico and I've been playing pokemon since 8th grade. I want to get better @t Battling Skills & Teambuild.

Username: Unbreakable
PO/Shoddy handles: Unbreakable, LawOfTheLand, qbsuperstar03
Timezone/hours: GMT -5, every day 4-11 pm (hit me up on Yahoo, triviaman85, it's more reliable than through here)
Desired tier: BW OU
A little about me: I get discouraged and stressed out rather easily. I also have applied for tutoring four times in the past, including the previous round, to no avail, and also have yet to advance past the first round in a forum-based tournament.

Username:esubimaru
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:ticonderoga
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-5 from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM, From DEC 19 to 31 i have all the time i want
What tier do you want to learn?: 4th Generation/DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself:i've played pokemon before i joined smogon but haven't gone into the competitive world that much. I'd like to get better so that i won't be much of a bother to others as waste of time or a nuisance. It'd be fun to have challenging battle for me and my friends. i use shoddy to play a lot and get experience from battling. The only problem is that i don't have much knowledge on tactics and strategies and that's why i'm here.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Username: religiousjedi
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Cecilia
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 AM
What tier do you want to learn?: 5th Gen OU, UU, RU (in that order)
Tell us a little about yourself: Enjoy the breeding aspect of Pokemon, the desire for the best capture projects. However, I'd like to improve my battling skills. I sorely lack the know-how in constructing teams, so I'd like to improve in this aspect.[/QUOTE]

Username: Raseri
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Raseri
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt -7. 5pm-11pm weekdays. 9am-11pm weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 17 year old male from canada; my prediction and smart plays are decent but I am nearly incompetant at team building in OU. I've been around Smogon for a few years but only started being active last year. In the real world I'm a typical nerd. I game, I study. Thats most of my life!

Username: Disposable Puppets
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Disposable Puppets
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. I'm usually available in the afternoon from around 1-5. Although the next couple weeks I'll be on Christmas break so morning will be better.
Tell us a little about yourself: I consider myself a decent battler but the one area I really struggle in is team building. I was hoping I could learn a bit more to help improve in this area. I mean, I can make teams but making sure synergy is perfect and finding my personal play style are things I could use help on.

Username: Princess of Johto
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Princess of Johto, PoJ, or PoJTest.
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4 (US eastern time). I'm usually available for most of the day on weekends unless I have plans, and on weekdays my availability is somewhat limited (I usually get on after I get back from school, but only for a while). I can try my best to be flexible, though!
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU, and ADV OU (In order of preference, I'm not looking to learn all those tiers).
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm most active in the Wi-Fi forums, but I love battling and it's one of the reasons I came to Smogon. Before Gen V, I used to be pretty good at DPP OU. But once Gen V was released I completely sucked (except at LC, and I'm only decent at best). I struggled to build good teams, which is my main problem atm. I'd love to get better at Gen V competitive battling which is why I'm signing up! Thank you.

Assigned to Ojama

Username:
Demist
Pokemon Online/Shoddy
Username:
demist
Your timezone and usual hours of
availability :
GMT+2 (mostly from 4PM-9PM)
What tier do you want to learn? : BW OU and DPP OU is priority, but I'm also interested in BW UU/NU/RU
Tell us a little about yourself: 17 years old who likes Pokemon. Started playing competitive in DPP OU. Now that I joined Smogon, I have perfect chance of at least making my skills decent. Also love music, sport and art...

Unactivity explanation:

I had some issues with my account activation, so I was unable do do anything in forums. Thanks to randommod7086 i finally got my account active and now trying to do some work in NU analysies. Also if I'm rating teams or other stuff i want to be helpful and not just randomly spuot sometimes irrevalant things. So now with my aacount working properly I want to get into this Community and one of the best things to do so by learning playing Competetive Pokemon decently. That's pretty much it. Thank you.

Username: Bedlington
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Bedlington
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST Flexible on Friday, Saturday and Sunday VERY flexible from December 26 - January 2
What tier do you want to learn?: Black and White OU
Tell us a little about yourself:
I am a junior in high school who has liked pokemon since the age of five. Discovering the competitive community renewed my interest in pokemon. I am below average in team building and a cautious battler who needs help learning when to make predictions. I like Naruto manga, Fantasy reading, and sailing in the summer.

Why I should be considered: I think I should be considered because I am an okay battler who needs help with team building. If I am tutored I think I can become a much stronger battler and will become much more active in Smogon Competitive Battling Community

Username: ra02
PO Username Zernon Neuro / Krillin McFur / Logan Horn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8, 12:00PM-8:00PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am dedicated at what i do.

I want to be tutored even that I have less than 25 posts because I am frequently at the RMT section and most notably at the OU and UU Sections, and I see that some people here have RMT's with very few feedbacks, and I want to help them improve their teams and i'm an ok - above average battler and i would be more active if I get to know more.
and since i'm not that good at it yet, I can't give them my fullest at improving their teams. So PLEASE! I also have been waiting for a bit long to be tutored if that matters.

Username: GengarEatBanana
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: gengareatbanana
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10, most hours of the day due to being on holidays.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a regular 15 year old kid from Melbourne, Australia who's been playing Pokemon for a long time. My first game was Sapphire and ever since I've been addicted to the game. I've tried competitive battling but I just can't get the hang of it. I know all the basics but I just can't put my knowledge into a working team.

As I have under 25 posts here's a brief explanation of why I'd like to be tutored. I've been trying to get into competitive battling for a long time but just can't seem to get the hang of it. I often look up strategies on Smogon but even if I get a few Pokemon right into a team I never can effectively work out a whole team, and it never is succesful. I've previously had some limited success on the BW UU, but even then I wasn't fantastic. I really would like to learn how to be a better battler as I'd love to be able to properly participate as a good battler on PO and in Wifi battles, something which I've never really been able to do. The tutoring provided will help me to improve my battling and it would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Fantom0
Pokemon Online Username: Fantom0 / Gen'ei
Timezone and Usual Hours of Availability: GMT, I can be on past 7:30pm most weekdays, anytime on weekends, and with the Christmas hols coming up, I'll have a lot more time.
Tell us a little about yourself: I applied for a tutor last round and didn't get one. But I'm hoping this time will hold better results!
I am one of the best players in my very small area. People in my school come to me for advice on how to build teams - but the truth is, I have no idea. I get online, and something goes wrong somewhere, and I'm not too sure where. I feel as though I've hit a dead end, and I need help.
To illustrate the matter, I have never got beyond 1200 points on any server on Pokemon Online. I lost first round in this year's Smogon tournament. I would say I suck.

Assigned to comatthew6 (for LC)

Username:kashif1218
PO name:NotBob
Timezone:GMT+5.5,available 4:30-6:00
Want to learn BW OU,BW LC
About myself: I'm okay at pokemon on a scale of 1-10 i'd be a 6 or 7 but i'm not entirely satisfied with that
I dont have too many posts because im not that good at social stuff and usually just play po instead of looking for battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)