Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

Excuse me Obvious, but your chicken is adamant with only 4 speed EVs? Wow. I thought you were running Jolly max speed to hit 217 after a boost, but this is ... wow

That´s just 101 speed, 151 after a boost...only for reference, that´s slower than 164/780 Pokémon (21% of the Subway) and still slower than 15/780 Subway Pokémon after two boosts. How exactly do you handle an opening Aerodactyl Rock Slide flinch on wash machine?

Chicken is no Medicham whose LO HJK OHKOs even my max Atk/Spe Meta, there´s no way Chicken is OHKOing everything, I know it doesn´t (I´ve played thousands of battles with Hitmonlee´s 189 Close Combat, Chicken´s HJK is just 8% stronger)...

With max HP, Chicken is similar to Arcanine defensively (187-90-90 to 165-100-100) without taking the super helpful Intimidate into account. Yes Arcanine survives suprisingly lot, but not everything...then there´s CHs etc.

That team is really slow, 101-151-201 Chicken, 124 Rotom, 63 Scizor and 126 Hydra...

Good night. I know that it will be more difficult than usual to fall asleep tonight lol. I´m sorry, I just don´t get it.
ugh i knew i fucked something up, I'm tired.
switch that speed and hp.

And believe me, it does one shot a lot. Yes it's frail as glass. But the protecting at smart moments helps.
Another thing is that is that with rotom i have some awesome coverage.
and that aero you mentioned?

protect first turn
rotom is flinched

second turn
three options:

-hjk
-risk another protect
-switch to scizor for that ever sweet bp (technically the first turn)

it gets harder is the aero is running a focus sash. but 'ken helps a lot, he isn't the most important player though. rotom is

Hey all.

Just lost my streak at 199 against Kangaskhan 2 and Lilligant 3 of all things a few days ago, but forgot to post. Latios and Mienshao were my only dudes left, Kangaskhan Sucker Punched Latios for the KO, and Miensho ended up KOing itself courtesy of High Jump Kick's recoil against a Protecting opponent. (I thought U-Turn wouldn't be enough to KO, so I was like "It's all or nothing") I forgot to save a Battle Video in my fit of nerd rage, but oh well.

In the meantime, I've been trying out a Rain team similar to R Inanimate's famous 800+ team, if I can get 100+ I'll post that shit up too. Going back, I think there are better stuff to run than Regen Mienshao but it was a good run. ONLY 4 BATTLES OFF FROM A STARF BERRY TOO DAMNIT.

Picture Proof:

but 'ken helps a lot, he isn't the most important player though. rotom is
But He's running Hydropump. Do you not use it often? What happens if it misses? I remember one dude had a wide lense zapdos' heatwave miss both pokemon twice, which is a .0000000001 chance of happening. So, Im just curious what happens if a stone edge or blazekick misses.

But He's running Hydropump. Do you not use it often? What happens if it misses? I remember one dude had a wide lense zapdos' heatwave miss both pokemon twice, which is a .0000000001 chance of happening. So, Im just curious what happens if a stone edge or blazekick misses.
it dies or it's horribly maimed, being a glass cannon and all

it dies or it's horribly maimed, being a glass cannon and all
thanks captain obvious but what does that do to your team? so what if both blaziken and rotom die early. Has that happen? I know you protect the first turn but what hydro misses and 'ken needs him to be gone?

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
CptObvious, if this streak is ongoing as you said then I suggest you continue your streak and get some logs. Don't worry if the battles aren't particularly noteworthy, just get some random ones. I think that will make you more believable to any doubters. I mean, I have no reason to think you are lying since you posted a picture and all the movesets are legal as far as I can see, but some people seem to be skeptical so...

Also, I'll repeat this again so you don't miss it. Please post your pokemon's actual lv. 50 stats and their IVs. I assume you have an idea of what IVs your Rotom has at least, since you're using Hidden Power (unless you bred lots of Modest Rotoms until you got one with HP Ice regardless of power).

So Flavor0 and I are running a fun Wailord Water spout multi team. We're running into spot of difficulty.

Here's the team - Leads Wailor @water gem max Special Attack max speed (Modest?)
Water spout/scald/ice beam / protect

Tornadus Modest @focus sash
max HP max Special Attack
tailwind rain dance grass knot hurricane.
(with a 30 IV in speed he gets 131 speed which in tailwind out speeds the every BSub pokemon)
Here's how it works. We usually lead with protect tailwind. Then tornadus rain dances while wailord water spouts for super damage. As long as we out speed and nothing hits wailord things die. However, If something goes wrong like trick room or tornadus gets faked out then we have a problem. What we find is that our secondaries suck.

We are finding that the grass types give us problems because wailord can't OHKO some of them with ice beam (ludicolo) or that we cant kill water types and they Ice beam tornadus for a kill as long as he is hit by something else as well to break his sash. It gets messy really fast.

Any suggestions?

Just ordered a new shell so i'll be about again soon :) (can't wait)

I'm not sure if i believe these new streaks, there outrageous!! Not being rude like but whats going on? I mainly play doubles and that doubles streak is shocking its either extremely lucky and amazing or something fishy going on...will have to wait for more evidence lol.

Peterko i'm in love with the Arcanine team! I bred one just before my ds snapped and haven't tested it yet so glad its working for you and i'm eager to test out something similar! Just a quick thought though have you considered using storm drain Cradily? Reason i'm asking is because i think one could work well with Arcanine due to Cradily has a number of weaknesses which stab fire will destory if Cradily ran protect. Cradiy also brings some protection vs water and ground types who worry Arc.

Something like

Protect
Energy Ball/Giga Drain
HP - Ice/Ground
Ancient power/Toxic/Recover/Stockpile

Just an idea anyway :)

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well, the thing is, Cradily is Ice weak, Gastrodon isn´t. Yes, the AI still spams Blizzard, but at least Gastro has a shot at living and defrosting with Scald. And Ice weak is what I´m most scared and concerned about as I tend to always use a Dragon and even 3 Ice resists don´t automatically mean you survive an encounter with Glaceon and its best friend Froslass.

With Gastronine, I´ve lost like battle #10 today to pure Dragons, those are really nasty for most teams. They only come early (1-14 I think), so once you´re further, there´s no need to be specifically prepared for 4 of them. I got badly beaten by Dragonite-Druddigon-Salamence-Hydreigon.

Afterwards I tried Mamoswine-Zapdos-Latios-Metagross with scarf-specs-LO-CB respectively and it worked wonderfully until I totally messed up #49 and lost 2-0. I went for stupid Slide-Thunderbolt against Chande-Eel, Slide missed Chande (of course), Bolt didn´t OHKO it, on the other hand Overheat OHKOed Mamo through Thick Fat even, Zapdos got T-Waved and there was no way for me to come back afterwards, as Haxo didn´t have Mold Breaker thus Quake didn´t affect Eel... later I had no chance against paraflinch.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm thinking about whether or not I should keep using Espeon now actually, haha. I mean, plenty of pokemon can sweep at +6 everything. Espeon has stored power for awesome 450% minimum to Blissey and probably 800% minimum to everything else, but 100% is usually enough. I might be better off with something else more defensive like a CM Latias/Suicune or Bulk Up something that can stall out things in case of things like Flame Orb first turn activation. Of course, I would lose out on Magic Bounce (unless I use a Xatu).

I'll see.
I was so, so happy to see someone had tried a Stored Power BP idea that I had to comment as I got to it. I tried a Smeargle Espeon combo very much like yours but it was Moody and Spore missing because of accuracy drops fucked me over so badly. Here's my theorymon about it:

"ok i wanna use stored power magic bounce espeon now, fuck you to taunters and smeargle was made for it anyway. you can use a bulky cobalion to get bug and dark and ghost if you want

-----

if you want to use espeon, accept the fact that spiritomb owns the shit out of you. three of four could not possibly be more specially defensive, and all have stab SE priority that will always OHKO espeon, you could almost not be better off switching out since you require +6 Grass Knot and a sub to OHKO them. hmmm.,..i AM modest, so what better opportunity to embrace HP fighting than 161-162 speed that still loses to all gengar? though if gengar leads you can straight up go to espeon, not take a SB...but take a different SB and be slower and get fucked by lum berry even when you switch smeargle in to shadow ball (if it even uses that). i think i wanna smash pass to something that doesn't give a shit about sludge bomb or thunderbolt, what's up ground pokemon.

but seriously sb/sb/tb/db gengar@lum is a bitch and you need a third to kill it reliably. i think something self sufficient and bulky that just happens to appreciate additional speed is the way to go

-----

ok lol espeon is as lovely as you imagined. it kills everything and actually makes the AI pay for trying to status subs. if only there were a reliable way to get stealth rock on the field. i actually dont think espeon would be beatable if that were possible, every dark type that resists bug is weak to SR (not really but fuck off houndoom). you could trick a lagging tail from sr uxie onto shit, with megaslow uturn as the safe pivot to smeargle. OR use sturdy twave sr aggron though lol conflict with spore...so just scary face because that's actually better (not just because it got better)? lol of COURSE aggron doesnt get it, what the fuck ever. donphan sure does though, and im pretty sure it gets sr too...rofl and knock off for idiot berries...and roar for idiot statup mons? it doesnt even need sash which is...phantastic (lol was honestly about to say fantastic so only fair), can rock mental herb for taunt (BAN ME PLEASE)s

and endeavor/IS can't be ignored, Donphan is just straight up a fantastic Gen V Subway poke, with the much desired SR and the much hated SR, with priority

espy does 57-67% with HP bug to most spiritomb at +4, 77-90% at +6. honestly, how much do i need sub with sr up and magic bounce? probably still do but it's worth a thought like no sub on shell armor curse lapras was.

and yuck cb archeops beats you if it sleeps only one turn. so does garchomp really when you think about it. even the sash one? sd/spore | sleep/smash | sub/wake, eq, break | spore/sleep | sub (because why would you pass naked)/sleep (best case), pass|wake, eq, break...now what lol. sash shit on this idea if you only have bibarel, sorry P.K.M.S. [this is my nickname for the Moody Bibarel I bred...it's not even female but lol] but you're surprisingly unstable for this

lol why not just pass to donphan anyway, who cares about its speed its like the best sturdymon"

Sorry about not posting an "original" response to your post but I'd be repeating much of what I typed here anyway. I too decided on HP Bug because it was the best option to get everything. You can see my Donphan notes here too...I tried one briefly months ago with SR/Bulldoze/Knock Off and something I don't remember maybe Ice Shard or whatever, and it was cool basically because SR on the field is kind of mandatory for sweepers that don't have multihit moves. You also see here that I noted how much of a bitch gengar would be, so it's not a surprise that you had a bit of trouble with one yourself lol (funnier still with the premonition thing about your issues with Whimsicott dealing with VS/U-T that I posted about right before not having read them, lol).

Hey everyone, first time poster here, but I've lurked for a while since I've found this to be a really interesting thread. I have to say I am very impressed with some of the streaks you've been able to complete, I've only managed to get up to 75 with a team of Cloyster, Darmanitan and Hydreigon (I don't have proof yet and it's not a very high streak so I won't bother asking to be put on the list).

As I'm not very experienced in the Battle Subway, I was wondering if I could get from tips from you guys (at the moment I'm not really paying any attention to movesets/speed tiers/threat list, just generally relying on certain Pokemon being able to beat others for the time being) about how to get a high streak.

I was thinking of forming a team of Gengar, Suicune and Ferrothorn: -
Max SpAtk/Spd Timid Gengar w/ Focus Sash, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Focus Blast
Max HP/SpDef Sassy Ferrothorn w/ Leftovers, Curse, Gyro Ball, Protect, Substitute
Max Hp/Def Calm Suicune (only decent one I have at the moment) w/ Chesto Berry, Calm Mind, Scald, Substitute, Rest.

Main team idea was stolen from the highest streak - Gengar leads, switches to Ferrothorn for a physical attacker or Suicune for a special attacker, or attacks outright with Destiny Bond as a failsafe.

Any ideas on threats/strategies to use, or any thoughts in general would be greatly appreciated :D

That looks fairly solid. Some comments I have:

- You might want to worry about Focus Blast missing. If you have no access to HP Ice (HP Ground for steels is acceptable too I think) or Counter (or Icy Wind even), Energy Ball for water/grounds, Sludge Bomb for high base power STAB, or Psychic for Fighting types are ok alternatives.

- Ferrothorn -> Leech Seed over Protect might do you better on occasions, but Protect is probably ok too. Maybe give both a try.

- I see no good reason to not have Lum instead of Chesto. Yes, of course I know why you use Chesto instead, but you'll really appreciate it if you get frozen or get fully paralyzed for a few turns and lose. True, you don't care much for the burn, but chances are, you will be able to beat most things that can burn you regardless of berry.

Hope that helps!

That looks fairly solid. Some comments I have:

- You might want to worry about Focus Blast missing. If you have no access to HP Ice (HP Ground for steels is acceptable too I think) or Counter (or Icy Wind even), Energy Ball for water/grounds, Sludge Bomb for high base power STAB, or Psychic for Fighting types are ok alternatives.

- Ferrothorn -> Leech Seed over Protect might do you better on occasions, but Protect is probably ok too. Maybe give both a try.

- I see no good reason to not have Lum instead of Chesto. Yes, of course I know why you use Chesto instead, but you'll really appreciate it if you get frozen or get fully paralyzed for a few turns and lose. True, you don't care much for the burn, but chances are, you will be able to beat most things that can burn you regardless of berry.

Hope that helps!
The thing is, I don't have access to any egg, tutor or past generation TM moves along with perfect IVs - I'm literally just using my Pokemon White game, no RNG abuse. I managed to obtain a perfect IV Gastly from the GTS (it had a Hardy nature, so I'm fairly sure it's legitimate), so I simply bred that for a Timid Gengar with Max SpAtk/Speed. This means I don't have a perfect Hidden Power or any other moves that aren't available in Generation V. I may think about using Psychic for the Fighting types however, even if it means that it can't touch Steel/Ground types.

Again with Ferrothorn, I don't have access to egg moves so I can't use Leech Seed, I'm just using my in-game Pokemon who happen to have the max IVs I want to give Ferrothorn as much bulk as possible. Also I was lucky to get a Suicune with a max IV in Def from the GTS, I have another Quirky Suicune that I'm going to trade at the next chance I get.

I was considering Energy Ball on Gengar for Water/Grounds but in most cases I was planning to just switch to Suicune anyway, since there aren't many Water types in total that can beat Suicune one on one (Lanturn and Ludicolo being exceptions, and their STABs are resisted by Ferrothorn). Scald gets rid of the Freeze status and if there's a possibility of paralysis, switching to Ferrothorn would probably be the best choice right? Unless you mean if Ferrothorn has been taken out already - in any case, I haven't had many problems with Suicune being fully paralyzed since Sub blocks it and Rest removes it.

Thanks for the input though, it helps a lot!

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RiggyRob,

I've used all three of those pokes a bunch and I think that team will serve you well. A few quick points.

1. Focus Blast is fine. It gives you a chance to kill things you wouldn't be able to otherwise, while if you miss, you still get to destiny bond and at least 1 for 1 exchange. Psychic and Energy Ball don't get you past that many other pokes, so you still end up having to just 1 for 1 with destiny bond. I'd rather have the freeroll chance of a kill while keeping my sash on dark and steel pokes. I tried grass knot, but honestly, focus blast helped much more.

2. You aren't RNGing, but do make sure that your Gengar has good special attack and max speed. You'll want to be sure you can outrun all the base 108s like the musketeer trio. As for the special attack, a few points difference can, on certain opponents, turn a questionable 2HKO into a sure 2HKO, which is a big deal when you ideally want to kill one poke with Gengar attacks and then outrun and destiny bond a second. Gengar is a very forgiving poke on the other stats, though. You're using a focus sash and its defenses are bad anyways, so you don't need particularly good stats elsewhere to still enjoy success.

3. I believe, like Chinese Dood, that leech seed will serve you better than protect on Ferrothorn. Ferro really likes the extra recovery.

I'm honestly a little tempted to try that team myself, except with the changes I've just suggested. Suicune and Ferrothorn complement each other beautifully, and with Gengar, you even have a nice fighting immunity, the one hole in Ferrothorn and Suicune's abilities to cover each other's weaknesses. Best of luck!!

RiggyRob,

I've used all three of those pokes a bunch and I think that team will serve you well. A few quick points.

1. Focus Blast is fine. It gives you a chance to kill things you wouldn't be able to otherwise, while if you miss, you still get to destiny bond and at least 1 for 1 exchange. Psychic and Energy Ball don't get you past that many other pokes, so you still end up having to just 1 for 1 with destiny bond. I'd rather have the freeroll chance of a kill while keeping my sash on dark and steel pokes. I tried grass knot, but honestly, focus blast helped much more.

2. You aren't RNGing, but do make sure that your Gengar has good special attack and max speed. You'll want to be sure you can outrun all the base 108s like the musketeer trio. As for the special attack, a few points difference can, on certain opponents, turn a questionable 2HKO into a sure 2HKO, which is a big deal when you ideally want to kill one poke with Gengar attacks and then outrun and destiny bond a second. Gengar is a very forgiving poke on the other stats, though. You're using a focus sash and its defenses are bad anyways, so you don't need particularly good stats elsewhere to still enjoy success.

3. I believe, like Chinese Dood, that leech seed will serve you better than protect on Ferrothorn. Ferro really likes the extra recovery.

I'm honestly a little tempted to try that team myself, except with the changes I've just suggested. Suicune and Ferrothorn complement each other beautifully, and with Gengar, you even have a nice fighting immunity, the one hole in Ferrothorn and Suicune's abilities to cover each other's weaknesses. Best of luck!!
Thanks for the tips - I may see what Generation V Pokemon learn Leech Seed and try and breed them with Ferrothorn at a later date if that's the case.

Originally I was planning to use Shed Skin Scrafty w/ Leftovers and Bulk Up, Substitute, Drain Punch, Protect/Rest/Crunch until I realised Drain Punch was an egg move, but I'm fairly sure Mienshao learns it - the Dark typing would've made for a safe switch from Gengar for Psychic attacks, but considering Ferrothorn against Scrafty, Ferrothorn is the superior choice:

Weaknesses: Ferrothorn 4x Fire, 2x FIGHTING - Scrafty 2x FIGHTING, 2x Flying
Neutral: Ferrothorn Ice, Ground, Flying, BUG - Scrafty Normal, Fire, Water, Grass, Ice, Electric, Poison, Ground, BUG, Dragon
Resists: Ferrothorn 1/2x Normal, 1/2x Water, 1/2x Electric, 1/4x Grass, 1/2x Psychic, 1/2x ROCK, 1/2x GHOST, 1/2x Dragon, 1/2x DARK - Scafty 1/2x ROCK, 1/2x GHOST, 1/4x DARK
Immune: Ferrothorn Poison - Scrafty Psychic

Scrafty has the better immunity and less overall weaknesses but Ferrothorn has more resistances - in any case, I'll probably try out Scrafty later. Now to get my totally lucked out Docile Ferroseed with max IVs in HP/Def/SpAtk(wtf)/SpDef to breed a max HP/Def/SpDef Sassy Ferroseed :naughty:

I'm aiming at 105 battles, this is the team i'll do. Any possible change?

Prankster | Jolly
8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spd
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
- Hammer Arm
- Acrobatics
- Crunch
- Tailwind

Serene Grace | Timid
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
31 / 31 / 30 / 30 / 30 / 30
- Trick
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Fighting

Torrent | Adamant
240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge​

I'm aiming at 105 battles, this is the team i'll do. Any possible change?
I find the fact you use two choice users interesting. Especially two in the back. Basically once tornadous is gone you are always locked into a move, which means you will probably have to switch out a lot to keep that from happening. So i'd factor that into your strategies. Jirachi and swampert is an interesting defensive combo but since Jirachi isn't allowed then you'll have to find someone else who should resist (hopefully by 4x) the weaknesses of swampert and vice versa.

Peterko

Never give up!
Hmm, I wonder HOW everyone got such long streaks with Tyranitar+Excadrill, seriously guys?

I can´t even get to 35 with those.

Pokémon Black Battle Subway Super Doubles streak: 30, 19, another very early loss
Team: Tyranitar, Excadrill, Rotom-W (Scarf), Latios

Lost #31 to Blissey, Tangrowth, Volcarona, Weavile: Tangrowth lived through Scissor and Crunch, Volca through Quake and Psyshock, Blissey ToxiStalled me.
Lost #20 to Samurott, Gastrodon, Ambipom, Golem: Quake/Crunch KO Gastro, Waterfall KO Exca, Bolt KO samu, BB KO TTar, Bolt Para 3% left, Ambi Payback Lati, Lati Pulse, Autotomize, Slide Slide
Lost very early again to Sand Veil Gliscor which avoided 5 attacks.

Pokémon Black Battle Subway Super Doubles streak: 32
Team: Tyranitar, Excadrill, Cresselia, Latios

Lost #33 to Arcanine, Ferrothorn, Quagsire, Krookodile: Ferro Cursed, Quagsire killed with Waterfall, Krook survived a HH Wise Lens Dragon Pulse with ease and proceeded to kill Latios and Cresse.

Pokémon Black Battle Subway Super Doubles streak: 15
Team: Tyranitar, Gyarados, Cresselia, Excadrill

Lost #16 vs PKMN Breeder Kathy – Flygon, Electivire, Glaceon: Intimidate, White Herb, switch in Exca, Draco Meteor CH on Exca, Bolt, doesn´t affect, Crunch Flygon; Quake doesn´t affect anyone (lol didn´t pay attention at the start of the battle, Vire was floating), Earth Power, Exca fainted, Focus Blast, TTar fainted, Bolt, Gyara fainted, Hail+Blizzard+Signal Beam Cresse fainted.

Yes most of those are horrible misplays on my side, but it´s not like I have an easy time, there´s trouble in every other battle. And if I face a Sand Veil Gliscor, lol...no matter what I do, I can´t hit it. Also I´ve said it many times, but Rock Slide is the worst attack in the Doubles metagame (along with Heat Wave and Blizzard), I mean it´s like 50/50 for me, virtually everytime I use it, one of the oponents avoids it.

Tyranitar can´t do shit, it gets killed by every random Pokémon. Lol Rock Slide. The biggest joke is when the AI uses some random priority move just to kill the baloon, making me OHKO my own Tyranitar with Excadrill. I´m also disappointed that just about every semi-bulky Psychic type survives a Crunch (maybe because all I face is Claydol and Reuniclus). I´m running Jolly max speed but even that is not enough as it gets threatened by too much faster stuff. I´m thinking about running Dragon Dance with Focus Sash and maybe Drill Liner on Exca, because Ttar feels too often like dead weight. Or maybe I go special with Dark Pulse, Thrower (now if Ferro starts curse resting I´m dead), Ice Beam/Thunderbolt, Protect.

Excadrill is amazing, yes it really is, but often misses crucial OHKOs on stuff. TTar can´t help him much or doesn´t, because it´s outsped and threatened. Even if TTar attacks as well, there´s still too much living on the field, fuck Rock Slide. If they lead with Intimidate, you KO nothing. I wish Ttar could learn Helping Hand.

First, I started with a Focus Sash Exca, but Quake wouldn´t OHKO even things weak to it. Now Life Orb is my item of choice, it is a significant dmg increase. There´s no way I have time for any other boost (SD), because even with such relatively high HP, Exca easily dies to any SE attack. I hate having to use Rock Slide, I hate Rock Slide. I´m seriously considering using Smack Down for the lolz, if only that move had a little more base power, because even 3/4 Slide is stronger than Smack Down on one oponent. Although, when accounting for the awful accuracy problems I have with Slide, maybe Smack Down would make me happier. But lol a 50 BP move...

And the guy with Rotom-W who said he got to 686, you must be a troll. My average Hydro Pump hit/miss ratio is 3/2 with that thing (on a good day). Yes it rapes Waters, but oh my god if you have to rely on a Hydro Pump hit.

Cresse doesn´t survive nearly as much as I wished it would, residual sand and enemy dual attacks make quick work of it. My set sucks (Icy Wind, HH, Psyshock, Rest), but only because it´s on a wide roster of Pokémon considered for VGC and I currently only have one, transferred it today and haven´t decided yet on the moveset. Obviously once I get rid of HH or IW, I would have to SR for a new Cresse in one of my other games.

As much as I love Latios, it couldn´t do much when it had to. In the last streak, I tried lead Gyarados, which works pretty good and has nice resists and makes it easy to bring Exca on Bolts, it´s just that everything spams never missing Rock attacks and I won´t start on Electric attacks.

Why, I mean when I have to face those monsters in my streaks as oponents, they feel invincible, but as soon as I start to use them myself, they´re as good as any other average Pokémon. Maybe I should not have started playing again after those two months and just let it be.

Sorry but I´m a bit frustrated, the last time I had a streak of over 100...I don´t even rember when that was.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, I wonder HOW everyone got such long streaks with Tyranitar+Excadrill, seriously guys?

I can´t even get to 35 with those.
Well, to be fair my although I ran TTar and Excadrill on my 279 team, they sat on the back of the team. Garchomp and Togekiss did most of the work.

I find the fact you use two choice users interesting. Especially two in the back. Basically once tornadous is gone you are always locked into a move, which means you will probably have to switch out a lot to keep that from happening
That's right, but Swampert has Choice Band for sheer power, while, for Jirachi... well, i didn't know it isn't allowed. This makes me feel like "DAAAAAAAMN"
So i'd factor that into your strategies. Jirachi and swampert is an interesting defensive combo but since Jirachi isn't allowed then you'll have to find someone else who should resist (hopefully by 4x) the weaknesses of swampert and vice versa.
How about the good, old Metagross? I reached more than 200 in the Emerald Tower, and, even if it was a totally different metagame, i guess it would work

Clear Body | Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake​
So many punches! The lack of Meteor Mash may seem odd, but STAB Life Orb Bullet Punch coming from 405 Attack hurts a lot, and i prefere coverage at strongness (is this a word?). ThunderPunch and Ice Punch are mainly for coverage, and Earthquake hits shits (lol) such as Heatran and Arcanine. Swampert can take Fire Blasts all the day, and Tornadus can switch in Ground-type moves. Swampert's Grass weakness is well-covered, and Metagross is a great switch-in on Electric, Grass and Rock moves, other than having great defences (80-130-90). I don't care about the 10% PV per attack, but maybe Expert Belt would be great

Peterko

Never give up!
Well, to be fair my although I ran TTar and Excadrill on my 279 team, they sat on the back of the team. Garchomp and Togekiss did most of the work.
Well, that team was ballsy with the double ice weak in the front, I mean my hand´s shaking when I have to confirm a team choice that has an ice resist + neutral in front because I´m scared that I´m still gonna lose to Glaceon Blizzarding my ass :p

Oh well, here´s a showcase of my current level of play...nothing short of terrible.

Pokémon Black Battle Subway Super Doubles streak: 35
Team: Tyranitar, Excadrill, Gyarados, Cresselia

Battle #36 vs Cyclist: Gastrodon, Reuniclus, Electrode, Dugtrio

1. Exca Protect (I suck), Tyranitar Crunch, Colbur, 40% dmg to Reu, defense drop, Gastro Earth Power, Exca Protected, Reu Focus Blast, Tyranitar fainted.
-> Cresselia in
2. Helping Hand, Exca Quake, Reu fainted, Gastro 30% left, Earth Power, Exca fainted.
-> my Gyarados in, foe .... Electrode (fuck! of course)
3. Trode Protect, Gyara Quake, Gastro 1% left, Gastro Recover, Cresse CM.
4. Trode Signal Beam, Gyara Quake, Cresse CM, Gastro Recover.
5. Trode Bolt, Wacan 31 HP left, Gyara DD, Cresse CM, Gastro Surf, Gyara 1 HP left, Sand, Gyara fainted.
6. Trode Signal Beam 89/225, Cresse CM, Gastro Surf, Trode fainted, Cresse 74/225, Sand, 60/225.
-> foe Dugtrio
7. Dugtrio used Rock Slide, Cresse 26/225, Cresse flinched, Gastro something.
8. Dugtrio Slide, Cresse fainted.

Yeah, again I didn´t notice the freaking Baloon as I was sitting on the toilet, totally misplayed with Cresselia (not even mentioning Tyranitar), one Icy Wind turn 4 or 5 with a DD and I win, also why no ChestoRest turn 6? ... ... ... This was like the worst game ever played lol what the fuck.

It wasn´t difficult to call the Rock Slide flinch, because that´s standard. Wait but there´s something positive, I got to 35 hell yeah!!!

:D

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Togekiss+Garchomp was fortunate enough that Togekiss could survive most Ice Attacks, so they would almost always target Garchomp instead and run into Protect. The extra turn is usually enough to dispose of the threat. If not I just switch to TTar who takes little from Ice Beams/Blizzards.

It always feels good when you Air Slash flinch hax Froslass 4, and finish it off with Garchomp, which I did a couple times. Though I still do hate fighting Ice Workers, Fishermen, and Parasol Ladies with the team due to the lack of proper Water/Ice defense. You always had to work your way around them.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Tyranitar can´t do shit, it gets killed by every random Pokémon. Lol Rock Slide. The biggest joke is when the AI uses some random priority move just to kill the baloon, making me OHKO my own Tyranitar with Excadrill. I´m also disappointed that just about every semi-bulky Psychic type survives a Crunch (maybe because all I face is Claydol and Reuniclus). I´m running Jolly max speed but even that is not enough as it gets threatened by too much faster stuff. I´m thinking about running Dragon Dance with Focus Sash and maybe Drill Liner on Exca, because Ttar feels too often like dead weight. Or maybe I go special with Dark Pulse, Thrower (now if Ferro starts curse resting I´m dead), Ice Beam/Thunderbolt, Protect.
Bolding that part for emphasis because I felt the same way when I tried sand. Tyranitar is so weak. I mean it has that massive attack stat (I used adamant over jolly) but it is all for nothing when you give it an air balloon (losing a potential attack boost from an item) and you use relatively weak STAB moves. When it sets up sand its job is done as far as I'm concerned because those weaknesses it has combined with its lack of power make it such a burden to play with.

I mean, at least Politoed can actually be helpful for a rain team. It rarely does anything essential (depending on your team) but rain-boosted Surfs can actually hurt things in a noticable way.

@Peterko: Yeah, things like that happen. Sometimes it's just luck really (or there lack of). I have not used Excadrill either, and I don't think I really plan to while expecting a high streak, simply due to my experience with Tyranitar.

I remember I was using Ttar in Single as a set up sweeper (in Platinum I think). *Not such a good idea*. I lost about 4 or 5 times under 70, because Tyranitar was fully set up but Sand Veil kicks in on opposing Gliscor or Garchomp. And then it finally did it for me when Earthquake missed Lax Incense Jolteon 4 times in a row (My setup TTar was @Leftovers: DD/EQ/Crunch/Sub). And then I thought I remember Calisto or somebody using DD/Sub/Crunch/Protect Ttar and getting like 400+.

Then recently I tried my Ttar again (heh, why not, I was too lazy to breed for new pokemon), and I still lose <70, but due to some other hax not named Sand Veil.

Sand is annoying and makes things too unpredictable... I dunno.

Not sure what the point of this post was, but I did recently lost my "3. Chinese Dood & Sally (70) - [SIZE=-2]Reuniclus, Conkeldurr + Togekiss, Azumarill" [/SIZE]streak at 83 I think.

Just misplay... very brief synopsis: Exeggutor + back pokemon and low health Ttar (oh hah) + back pokemon vs Reuniclus (Conkeldurr in back) + Azumarill. I dunno what my mind was thinking, but I told Sally Azumarill should protect while Shadow Ball should KO Ttar, and then we focus attack Exeggutor next turn, but Shadow ball did not do enough to KO Ttar while Ttar Crunch KO'd Reuniclus, which left us at Exeggutor (and other things) facing Conkeldurr + Azumarill. ... Downhill from there.

Obviously the best course of action was Shadow ball Exeggutor + Aqua Jet to finish off Ttar. Well, stupid me.

Maybe I should play Doubles more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)