Checking / Countering the New LC Threats

so you get the switch in but then you die from icy wind or a thunderbolt. That's a really great check......
To be frank, I don't see a lot of misdreavus running thunder-bolt or icy wind simply because of how much it needs all the slots. But I understand if it's not a great check, but I'd appreciate it if people actually helped by thinking of other checks not named stunky rather than just being negative.

To be frank, I don't see a lot of misdreavus running thunder-bolt or icy wind simply because of how much it needs all the slots. But I understand if it's not a great check, but I'd appreciate it if people actually helped by thinking of other checks not named stunky rather than just being negative.
With gligar everywhere, I have been seeing Icy wind on tons of missy sets.
It can easily afford to leave a slot open for it on balanced and offensive sets.

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion

Houndour (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 116 Atk / 196 SAtk / 36 SDef / 156 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

this is a set that i use on a lot of teams due to it being able to check a shit ton of stuff like misdreavus, snover, and random psychics while being a great overall bulky attacker. houndour may have that annoying fighting weakness, but it makes up for it by absorbing wow, something stunky can't do. houndour's unique typing and power actually allows it to function well outside of checking ghosts / psychics too, which again is something stunky is hard pressed to do. missy's hp fight never ohkos after rocks btw, so as long as you don't play houndour like an idiot you should be able to handle missy with relative ease.

yes houndour is my favorite lc mon stfu.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yep Eviolite Houndour is actually quite good in this metagame. It was pretty terrible in the last one due to not being able to do any damage, but now that stuff doesn't always run Eviolite it actually dishes out a lot of damage while having a surprising amount of bulk. Sorta like Eviolite Gastly in the last metagame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)