Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Reserving for Riki. *evil grin*

Riki, take Colourful the Archen.

Being such a colourful bird, Colourful wishes that its moves and its teammates can be similarly varied. So, after you get the fossil at the Desert Resort and Revive it, you must begin the Herculean task of appeasing its whims and fancies.

At any point in the game, Colourful's moveset must contain moves of 4 (wimp-easy mode: at least 3) different types. For example, when you get it, Pluck, Ancientpower, Agility and Quick Guard are all different types (Flying, Rock, Psychic, Fighting).

Throughout the game, Colourful begins to become bored with its current moveset. As such, you must rotate its moveset every so often, such that Colourful rotates through all the 11 (wimp-easy mode: at least 8) different types of moves it can learn (without breeding).

Similarly, Colourful wants its friends to be as colourful as him. At any point in the game after you have all 6 of your team members OR after you beat Skyla (wimp-easy mode: after Brycen) (whichever comes later), all 17 (wimp-easy mode: at least 12) types of moves must be present in your team's collective movepool.

Let me know if that's too hard for you, btw. I can change some stuff.

Good Luck; Have Fun!

I'm back into Smogon Community; been spending a week in Elgin, Texas (I live in Universal City, btw) and watching my niece play Little League softball and receive her trophy.

I'm giving Riki a Tympole; will edit it later.

Superpowerdude, didn't you forget that Smug was my suggestion? It had to solo Chili to evolve. To remind you,
As for superpowerdude, Smug the Snivy will be your starter. It must know a stat-altering move at all times, be it against foes (such as Leer) or on Smug (such as Growth and Coil). It must solo Chili with Growths set up to evolve into Servine. It may evolve into a Serperior after Flatline solos Skyla. As a Serperior it must solo at least two E4 Pokes, at least one of N's (in his castle), and Ghetsis' Seismitoad. GLHF!

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I would have edited my previous post, but combining Challanges tends to make my posts a bit long and tedious.

Reserving for the Emerald Scramble that my premonition tells me will appear soon.

Hey all! I'm new around the Scramblemon parts. :)

I've never done a playthrough of Yellow, and would like to give it a shot Scramble-style. I would like the challanges to be moderately difficult and focus on "fun". In addition, I'd like Pikachu to be one of the Scramblemon, and, if it can be helped, I would not like any overly complicated challanges (i.e. ones requiring calculators or extensive note-taking).

Fire away!

Perfexionist, take Ash the Pikachu. Ash idolizes Ash's Pikachu from the anime, and wants to do the exact same things. Ash can only use moves that Ash's Pikachu used. Ash must solo Brock's Geodude, and may not fight against Misty. Ash must also solo Lt. Surge, and solo your Rival's Eevee (or Eeveelution when it evolves) every time you fight him. Also, since Drake isn't in Yellow, have Ash finish off Lance's Dragonite instead.
Thundershock
Tail Whip (while Pikachu never used this in the anime, it technically used Leer, which is essentially the same)
Quick Attack
Thunderbolt
Agility
Thunder
Swift (used in the manga)
Double-Edge
Have fun!

Perfexionist, take MidHelpful the Paras!

This Paras wants to be the most helpful member on your team! First, every stat boosting item and X item has to go to him. Second, he has to be the first on your team to use a status move in a battle. Finally, he has to solo Giovanni.

Have fun!

Riki, take Vibrant the Tympole. The Tympole evolutionary line is based on the toads in real life. As such, its behavior can be likened to a real toad like this:

As a Tympole, it stays in the water, and as such can only fight on or near water and must stay away from Grass- and Electric-types, and may evolve once you arrive in Castelia.

Once it evolves to Palpitoad, it gains a Ground type and the ability to walk on dry land, and the Electric restriction is lifted. It must solo Elesa as a Palpitoad, and may evolve again after that.

It gains extra limbs upon evolution to Seismitoad, and hence has the ability to punch. It must know Drain Punch for good, as well as double STAB. As a Seismitoad, it must solo at least two Pokémon belonging to the Elite Four and at least two in N's Castle, including Ghetsis' Seismitoad. GL,HF!

Yes i rember pika25 a great suggestion i have a patrat that must use bide in all major battles including solos. once patrat used bide i switched out to Smug used growth to get to plus 6 then i took out his lilipup and pansear. i will upload my chapter when my computer is fixed as i am using my phone for this post

Hello. I guess I'll try one for Pokemon White. Since this is my first challenge I am asking that you go easy on the challenges.

-Start with Tepig
-Balanced team
- No useless
- Nicknames are a must
Thanks.
You need one more mon? I'll give one to 'ya!!

Edit: Take Worker the (First pokemon you come across in the Desert Resort)

This mon is a hard worker and knows that STAB is the best choice. It may only use STAB moves.

When you get the Rocky Helmet, it learns that STAB is not always going to work out. It may now learn other moves.

Solo Brycen in order to evolve into its final stage. GL

Though I'm not accustomed to this world, I have myself a Pokemon game. This is my first Scramble Challange, so no tough ones please.

- Diamond
- No trading
- Easy
- No useless Pokemon
- Nicknames with Pokemon
- Turtwig starter
- Balanced team

Dunban, take Varied the Shellos. Varied wants its movepool to be completely varied, so it must know a level-up move, a TM move, an HM move, a physical attack, a special attack, and a status move all at the same time by the end of the game. (example moveset: Surf, Earthquake, Body Slam, Rain Dance) To evolve, 3 of its moves must have different types. (Hidden Power counts as Normal, unless you find out what type it actually is.) Also, solo a Gym Leader of your choice.
Welcome to Smogon!

Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Dunban, catch yourself a Starly and name him Comet.
Comet is a bit competitive, so he must solo your rival's Starly/Staravia/Staraptor every time.

This Starly manages to get his wings on your Pokédex, and decides to follow it blindly.
Diamond Pokédex (Starly) said:
They flock in great numbers. Though small, they flap their wings with great power.
Following this information, Starly believes he is hopeless by himself.
He cannot directly attack if any of his teammates are below 50% health or have a status condition.

Diamond Pokédex (Staravia) said:
It flies around forests and fields in search of bug Pokémon. It stays within a huge flock.
As a Staravia, he becomes a bit more confident.
He cannot switch out or run away from Bug-Types.
However, he still cannot directly attack if any of his teammates has a status condition. (Health no longer matters)

Diamond Pokédex (Staraptor) said:
It has a savage nature. It will courageously challenge foes that are much larger.
As a Staraptor, he no longer cares about the health of his flock.
However, he can never switch out or run away.

Good luck!

breh

強いだね
Perfexionist:

Take MACHO the Clefairy... who you will later trade in for MILES the Mr. Mime.

This Clefairy likes a bit of action in its life; it must be taught Mega Punch as soon as it is caught. If you come upon a Clefairy before finding the TM, you'll have to ignore it. Clefairy must be the highest level member of your party as soon as possible and stay that way until it is traded.

Right before Lt. Surge (after your team defeats the 3 trainers in his gym), it decides that it's not strong enough to be on your team. You must trade it for MILES the Mr. Mime on Route 2.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This sounds super fun. I'll try it for my Pokemon White Version.

Medium-Hard Difficulty
Be Creative (nicknames and backstories)
Can't Trade
I really like Petilil :3

okay let's go :D I'll start when I get all 6 assignments.

Deinosaur, take Disoriented the Petilil. Disoriented is an odd case. While she does have her Own Tempo, she never learned how to dance, meaning that Disoriented can't learn any moves that have Dance in them or have to do with dancing. Disoriented also hates being weighed down by anything because it messes up her rhythm, so she refuses to hold items under any and all circumstances. Disoriented wants to prove that she can dance without ever learning how to, so you can't evolve her until she soloes Skyla, because Acrobatics and dancing are close enough in Disoriented's book. After Disoriented evolves, have her participate in 4 Musicals, one of each category. When the Musicals are finished, change her nickname to Composed. You may now teach her one dance-related move, and she may now hold items. OPTIONAL: Have Composed solo an Elite Four member of your choice, to share her unique dancing style with the world. Composed must use her dancing move during the solo.
Have fun!

Deinosaur, catch yourself a Scraggy and name him Dex.
This Scraggy manages to get his hands on your Pokédex, and decides to follow it blindly.
White Pokédex (Scraggy) said:
It immediately headbutts anyone that makes eye contact with it. Its skull is massively thick.
Following this, Dex must learn and keep Headbutt immediately.
If he is hit by a contact attack, he must use Headbutt on his next turn.
In addition, he can never switch out or run away after being hit by a contact attack.

To evolve, he must solo Clay.

White Pokédex (Scrafty) said:
It can smash concrete blocks with its kicking attacks. The one with the biggest crest is the group leader.
As a Scrafty, he must learn both Hi Jump Kick and Low Kick, and always lead with one or the other.
He's become even more confident in his own ability. He can never switch out or run away.
In addition, he must always lead your party in caves, to prove himself as a group leader.

He must solo at least three Pokémon in the elite four.

Good luck!

Alright guys, I'm back from my vacation! I'd like to address a few things. First, I am planning on putting up Chapter 2 of my SS rage scramble today!

@Endquote- Thanks! I really appreciate the encouragement and hope you enjoy my upcoming chapter as well! Also, I'll be sure to put my team in the hide tag as soon as I can. Plus, you've contributed one thing to every gym badge I've ever gotten in a scramble ex. STORM BADGE GET!!

@user_18- I completely understand your point of view, and I'm always a fan of constructive critisim as well. Don't worry though, I am planning on fitting in another scramble, but this time with a more adaptive and stylistic storyline, kind of putting the game I choose to play in perspective my own way. I hope you enjoy that!

Otherwise, I hope things went well while I was gone!

Well here is a Scramble I completely forgot about and will eventually do. For now I am just setting it up so I can start it.

General Info:
Game: Platinum
Difficulty: Hard
Reservations: Yes, but you better post your idea quick, or your spot will be taken (this is mainly so no one gets ninja'd)
Themed: Yes

Rules
1. Be creative
2. I will only reject EXTREME challenges, everything else I will accept with honor
3. I CANNOT do any hacks, so that is out
4. I CAN trade with pokemon Platinum (though not over wi-fi, I would do trades with the other pokemon games I own)
5. No solo all challenges, spread the wealth around, let each pokemon have a chance to shine
6. Try not to make the pokemon Uber rare, and if they are, make them good
7. Make this challenging and fun

The theme is: LEGEND OF ZELDA

Pokemon Slots
1. Link the Shinx (Axmaster)
2. Navi the Starly (EndQuote)
3. BongoBongo the Duskull (Super Saiyan)
4. Blaino the Piplu (Jangrafress)
5. Dodongo the Ponyta (Gamer4000)
6. Sheik the Psyduck (Sage Chow)

DEMo, take Link the Shinx. Link is very brave and humble, as such must never use a move with more than 40 BP. To earn more BP, he must show everyone his humbleness and braveness. As such, to earn more BP, he can complete the following:
1)Solo Roark for 10 BP
2)Solo 5 Hikers for 5 BP
3)Solo any trainer-owned Ground type for 1 BP.

He can max out at 75 BP. He must also have attacks based upon his weapons:

Boomerang: Any Special move under his BP limit
Bow: Any non-boosting status move.
Sword: Any Physical move under his BP limit
Arrow: Charge

Try to have that set ASAP, but it must be achieved to evolve to Luxio.

As a Luxio, his bravery grows, and he wants to do more to help his teammates. As such, he must achieve the Triforce of Courage Status to evolve to Luxray:

Part 1:Solo 2 Galactic Admins after Valley Windworks
Part 2:Solo 1 more gym leader not named Wake or Fantina
Part 3:Show off his awesomeness in every category by winning 1 contest in every category, and win 1 contest of the second level.

Now, as a Luxray, he is so couragous that he cannot switch out when in the green, and tries not to in the yellow, but still can. He must solo 1 E4 member, and when in the E4, can only be revived using herbs from the herb shop.

Good luck to you!

DEMo Gorgon47, take a Starly and name it Navi.
This Starly, like Navi from Zelda, is incredibly irritating and follows you everywhere.
She must always be in your party.

The only moves she can use are as follows: (Tackle is allowed until level 5)

1) Flutter around distractingly. (Fly)
2) HEY LISTEN! (Growl)
3) Point out the way forward for the tenth time. (Quick Attack)
4) Be incredibly annoying. (Double Team)

Navi sees Gardenia as the Great Deku Tree, so she must try to protect it. (Solo Gardenia)

Navi must solo two Pokémon in the elite four.

Good luck!

@DEMo_Gorgon47, you get BongoBongo the Duskull. As the Temple boss for the Shadow Temple, he cannot be seen without the Lens of Truth, so to be used in battle he must hold a Wide Lens (Veilstone Game Corner for 1000 Coins) at all times. He may never be out of tempo, so he is under the effect of Torment so he doesn't repeat a move. He must know and keep Foresight and Shadow Sneak. Since he wants to use his hands, evolve him into Dusclops at level 37 so he may know and Keep Shadow Punch. Find a Heart Scale to teach him either Fire Punch, Ice Punch, or ThunderPunch to replace Foresight. His final move is up to you. To evolve into Dusknoir, he must solo a Gym Leader. He must solo 1 Elite 4 member.

Summary:
-Must hold Wide Lens to battle
-Always under the effect of Torment
-Final moveset must be:
1.Foresight, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, or Thunder Punch
2. Shadow Sneak
3. Shadow Punch
4. A move of your choice
-Must evolve into Dusclops at level 37
-To evolve into Dusknoir, he must solo a Gym Leader.
-He must solo 1 Elite 4 member

Good luck!

I shall give you Blaino the Piplup. You must teach Blaino Brick Break at the first opportunity, and whenever it faces anything in the Green group it must solo them. Additionally, if it ever meets a pokémon of the Flying type, it must switch out of battle immediately, terrified that it's going to be defeated by a Roc Feather. (Where there is overlap, when a pokémon is both green and flying, switch out of battle.)

You want hard? I'll give you hard.

Take Dodongo the Ponyta.

This Ponyta loves fire, so it's moveset must be all fire moves. Got that?
It must faint 3 times from Selfdestruct. After that, it may evolve.

After evolving (or completing the restriction, whichever comes first), it can't use fire moves anymore. It must still keep one fire move.
To replace those moves, it must go to Iron Island and solo 6 Pokemon each. One of the moves are what Flying types are resistant to (Keese), one that rock is resistant to, and one that fire is resistant to (other dodongos)
Solo Aaron, because he looks like Link.

DEMo_Gorgon47; Take a Psyduck named Sheik.

Sheik wants to learn the six Warp Songs from OoT. Unfortunately, there's a minor problem: The Ocarina tones must be generated in battle, in the correct order and at the correct location. Similar to the game, the 4 moveslots correspond to different notes with the A button simulated by using an item (preferably a battle item, but a potion will do in a pinch). To make things a little harder you must play two songs to a gymleader, one to an E-4 member and three to a gymtrainer of the matching gym/temple.

To evolve, solo 5 trainers using Zelda's Lullaby. It must be the exact sequence with the final note taking the last pokemon out. Note that you can replace and rearrange your attacks as long as you keep a status move in slot 1, a physical move in slot 2 and a special attack in slot 3.

How to play the Ocarina:
Moveslot 1: Status Move (C^ joystick up)
Moveslot 2: Physical Attack (C> joystick right)
Moveslot 3: Special Attack (C< joystick left)
Moveslot 4: Wildcard (free slot) (Cv joystick down)
Any Item: Battle Item/Potion (A button)

The six Warp Songs:

- Play the Menuet of Forest at the Grass Gym. (A, C^, C<, C>, C<, C>)
- Play the Prelude of Light at the Electric Gym. (C^, C>, C^, C>, C<, C^)
- Play the Bolero of Fire at the Steel Gym. (Cv, A, Cv, A, C>, Cv, C>, Cv)
- Play the Serenade of Water at the Water Gym. (A, C>, C<, C<, C^)
- Play the Nocturne of Shadow at the Ghost Gym. (C<, C>, C>, A, C<, C>, Cv)
- Play the Requiem of Spirit at the elite four: (A, Cv, A, C>, Cv, A)

- Play Zelda's Lullaby 5 times to evolve: (C<, C^, C>, C<, C^, C>)

Example:

Moveslot 1: Tail Whip
Moveslot 2: Scratch
Moveslot 3: Water Pulse
Moveslot 4: Water Sport
Serenade of Water (A, C>, C<, C<, C^)

Start a battle at the Water Gym. Once Sheik is set up you will play the serenade:Use X-att, Scratch, Water Pulse, Scratch and Tail Whip. Don't sneak in a Potion when you're supposed to Scratch and make sure that Sheik doesn't faint! Congratulations, one song down!

Have Fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)