Company Mafia - Day 5 End - Won by the Workers

I was sorely tempted to change my vote to Walrein for intentionally missing the obvious joke, then Darkpenguin made a page 2 GL;HF post. Not changing to either since choosing one post that's worse is impossible.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
OK let's be productive here
Please answer the following questions
1). Is it a better strategy to be bold or to be a coward in NOC games, and what strategy will you adopt?
2). What are your thoughts on having a "town innocent child"?
3). What do you think game setup is?
4). Bank account and pin?

1) Bold, as cowardice doesn't bring anything to light about anyone. Better to have an informed confusion than a simple abscence of anything other than confusion.

2) The name strikes me as somewhat suspicious until I review my role PM. This could be a way to make the village able to trust someone, but that person... uh... "very poorly chosen" springs to mind. Among other things. Could be an epically good mole role, though. I've contemplated such a role for some of the games I've considered. So, basically, I don't trust UllarWarlord 100%, but I think it more likely than average that he is village. Overall, I ... I guess the role itself is a good idea.

3) For a game of 20 players, I'd say 4-5 mafia, 0-1 wolf, and 14-16 village. It would be higher for the mafia, except this is NOC. Since this is 17 players, I'd say 3-5 mafia, with maybe a wolf if not five mafia, so 12-13 villagers.

4) acount #123 at bank 456, PIN 7890

I swear, if I hadn't seen you doing that as a villager in a previous NOC game, I'd be speaking against you now. Of course, since this is just your style... meh, nothing to tell either way.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
1). It's a better strategy for scum to be cowardly and idle if (because?) town is inactive. However, I think that takes away the whole point of playing mafia. Townies should be as active as possible. Obviously, I will be trying to be as active as I can and encourage others to do the same. I had idlers with a passion.
2). I think it's a useless role. At least it allows us to avoid mislynching ullarwarlord, which I think would actually have a high chance of occurring otherwise. I don't doubt for a second that ullarwarlord is villy, I've yet to see a game troll us /that/ hard.
3). 17 townies...seeing as 9 vil 2 maf is balanced, I'd say 13 vil, 3 maf, 1 wolf
In maf, a goon, a roleblocker, and a detective
In town, an alliance checker, a vig, a roleblocker, perhaps a mason or three, and an announcer
4). INT_MAX

Yes aura guardian, because asking questions to promote discussion is scummy. Oh wait, so are lists, I forgot.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Ah, so you've retracted your "lists are scumtells" thing? Care to explain why promoting discussion and asking questions, moving us out of RVS is scummy?
I swear, if I hadn't seen you doing that as a villager in a previous NOC game, I'd be speaking against you now.

I never said promoting discussion was a scumtell. Look at how I answered your questionaire; I said the exact opposite. I was just pointing out what I would have done if that game hadn't made me change my views. Specifically, my views that the questions thing was a scumtell. "Views" meaning, both the major ones you pointed out. Namely, the lists and this.

For clarification / in summary: Last NOC we were both in, I would have said that Post #30 was a scumtell. That game made me change my views, so I do NOT believe so now. I was just pointing out last time, nothing more or less.

"You" -> "Orcinus Duo" or "Orcinus"

And I wouldn't have mentioned it being the poster's style, since it wouldn't have been their style, but yours.

Unless it was FinnRagetti. Just look at Peace NOC for why I'd make an exception for him doing it.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
I don't think you understand what I'm getting at. Are you no longer seeing my making questionaires as a scumtell,
A). Because I make questionaires, and on anyone else this act of making questionaires would be a scumtell
B). Because making questionaires is no longer on your list of scumtells

There is a difference here.

I think we should try and move the discussion away from two users, and start channeling votes towards specific users, namely the ones who haven't posted much. It's obvious that the village needs to be incredibly bold, and probably paranoid of everyone to some degree, and highly vocal in order to possibly pull a win in NOC. I see Ullar's role as making very little difference in NOC, and the possibility that he's wolf or scum should be investigated.

Unfortunately, we've started the day with very little information. This leads us to two possible angles of attack: focus the vote cannon on veteran users or fairly inexperienced players. If the cannon is focused on vets, they can probably work their way out rather easily regardless of which side they're on, so I don't see much of a point. Quiet experienced users is a decent scumtell anyways, so this is more or less pointless.

I propose that votes be used to pressure newer users into answering questionaires like the one Orcinus had, on the offchance of getting a scum to let on to something before they can consult with their more experienced allies on what they should and should not say.

Just my two cents.

Maybe some people haven't posted much because they got their role PM as they were going to bed and decided it could wait until morning? Also, Rediamond, you don't have to be so suspicious as to investigate the one person who is probably clean. As it is, in the past, the village has had a terrible time in NOCs on Smogon, and having a mafia member who can disguise himself has a villager AND claim publicly day 0 would be broken beyond belief. I do, however, agree that answering questionnaires is probably a good idea.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
So you should do that coolking

And itchni and Jalmont because they're lurking this thread

Also, additional question: How should the detective use their night action?

I would definitely encourage them to use their abilities on the inactives. There is almost other no way to find an inactive scum when there are multiple inactive townies, and this is the case in many smogon NOCs.

1). Is it a better strategy to be bold or to be a coward in NOC games, and what strategy will you adopt?
Depends on your role
2). What are your thoughts on having a "town innocent child"?
I don't think beep boop
3). What do you think game setup is?
5 mafia 12 villiage
4). Bank account and pin?
nope.jpg

Ullar is obviously town. If he is mafia with a role that confirms himself as village to everyone, then this game is fucked and I'll bitch at billy for approving it.

Don't care how many scum there are, BT is announcing mylo/lylo and if he never does then that means we win since we're killing the bad guys.

3) For a game of 20 players, I'd say 4-5 mafia, 0-1 wolf, and 14-16 village. It would be higher for the mafia, except this is NOC. Since this is 17 players, I'd say 3-5 mafia, with maybe a wolf if not five mafia, so 12-13 villagers.
Why would there be a wolf in this game? My win condition implies there are no wolves in this game.

I think we should try and move the discussion away from two users, and start channeling votes towards specific users, namely the ones who haven't posted much.
"I think we should stop talking about these specific users and talk about other specific users instead, but I won't specify which other users."
???

Inactives gonna inactive, if they don't post enough they will be subbed/modkilled. If they post enough to not fall into the former category yet we still feel they're not contributing, they're probably lurkscum. Besides, what is there to say? "God pokemonrocks post more!" Wow, that's useful discussion.

The rest of your post is silly, vote whoever is saying stupid shit that makes you distrust them.

Speaking of which, ##Unvote, ##Vote Rediamond

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
I don't know who to rage at, coolking for encouraging answering surveys and then not doing so himself (yeah I agree that was defensive), or Jalmont and itchni for being dicks, or Paperblade for not saying anything. Seriously guys we have 48 hours. That's nothing. Start giving villy something to go on please.

Haha Paperblade ninja. I don't think voting red is a good way to go. If you're going by useless "I want to talk about something else but I'm not going to talk about it", might as well vote coolking.

I think lynching an active on day one isn't a good way to go. There's not much information to go on, and so I don't believe in the success rate of such a vote. I'd rather lynch an inactive, and let the actives give us more information to make a more informed lynch later on in the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)