Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I arrive in Dewford, and grab the Old Rod straight away.

It's a win/win for me.. as I believe a Magikarp or a Tentacool will do well.

Out pops a Tentacool!

I decide to go for him... and nickname him..

MEGAMIND

Relaxed nature. So it definitely messes with his speed.. but at least the SpDef will get a boost.

I work on leveling up Megamind.. and notice it's not going to be easy.. especially with a 'slow' EXP Growth.. basically a zubat with water typing lol.. poor movepool atm.

Anyways.. i head to the graphite cave.. looking for something decent. Makuhita comes out of the wild! Nice. Thank god it has a high encounter rate.

Catch him.

Kahim the Makuhita. Has Guts.. which will be nice while I absorb status.. which 3rd gen has plenty of.

Nothing else but Steven and TM-Steel Wing come from the cave.. so looks like this is my squad for a bit..

Grovyle, Mighteyna, Makuhita, and Tentacool. I'm definitely going to need patience with those slow level-uppers.. but I can't get too attached.. Nuzlocke likes to break hearts.

Grovyle and Tentacool were able to handle the fighting gym.. and thankfully Meditite only does Focus Punch.. so as long as I kept attacking.. it was a breeze. The opposing Makuhita was kind of a difficult task though..

Such a bulky Pokemon.. it's unreal. I hope mine does the same.

I win, no casualties. [HOORAY!!!]. Then head to Slateport.

-btw, I've been playing a while.. I'm currently at Mauville-

Just been a long day, and played a bunch.. a bit tired of writing atm. so I won't bore you all.

Highlights.

I went North of Slateport.. and found an Electrike..

Crit kill ftl.. bleh. Would have been nice.

This time around.. I know May will have Combusken ready to go with Peck/Ember/Double Kick [what a fucking movepool man..]

So I make sure to level my Pokes up a bit more than hers.. so 25-26 is where we went. Tentacool handled them like a champ.. I was impressed.. I hope when he evolves.. he grows some more bulk and stability.

Get to Mauville and I will not underestimate my opponents again..

My Grovyle has no bulk whatsoever.. so it can't do much.. Mighteyna can't take hits.. so Manectric, etc will slaughter him.. I'm currently working on getting my Makuhita strong enough to get ready to face the Magneton that awaits him.. I don't feel he's ready.. I just don't. My Pokemon are so frail.. and I now understand why people say if you don't have Mudkip or Torchic.. Wattson is the devil. Too bad Tentacool is worthless in this gym.. his solid defense would be nice.. oh well.

As I go West of Mauville.. I run into an Oddish.. but I just box and save.

Raddish the Oddish I might add.

So here I am.. Mauville.. in wild grass.. preparing one of the toughest challenges for my team.. a few more levels and we're ready to go.
He has a Voltorb that likes to selfdestruct, the Electrike that has a decent shockwave + static, a Manectric that is very powerful and shockwave.. then the magneton.. vs the only pokemon i have that can handle it.. Kahim the NOW Hariyama.
edit; I've now grinded as much as my eyes and fingers can handle..
I mean.. cmon.. my Pokes have like 7 levels above most of them.. we have to do it. And as long as Fang can knock out the weak two in Wattson's group with Bite.. it can open up the battle for Kahim to use it's bulk and power to beat Magneton and Manectric.

I have that Shroomish in my PC.. so if things do go south.. and I get completely raped and fucked by crits, paralyzes, or just beat bad.. I can use Biscuit to level up and Mach Punch me to victory, hopefully.

Gex the Grovyle
Lvl 27
- Pound
- Quick Attack
- Absorb
- Pursuit

Fang the Mightyena
Lvl 27
- Bite
- Tackle
- Howl
- Swagger

Megamind the Tentacool
Lvl 27
- Acid
- Poison Sting
- Bubblebeam
- Supersonic

Kahim the Hariyama
Lvl 24
- Fake Out
- Arm Thrust
- Vital Throw
- Tackle

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lol Phadunk, I'm currently in Lavaridge town, before going to face Flannery and your team is about the same level as mine. :S

Update to come in a bit, after Flannery.

EDIT:
Okay so I start of in Fallarbor town.

I go west to route 114 to try and find something cool. Like a Swablu or Seviper or something. Instead I find a Lotad. She's sassy. I name her Lily and then deposit her after looking up her pathetic level up movepool.

I continue on to meteor falls and prepare to add a Zubat to my team. But to my surprise, luck is on my side and I find a Solrock! I catch with a bit of difficulty (it severely managed to weaken Quail by the time I caught it). It's bashful and I nickname it Comet (original, I know). A great addition to my team as it patches up my Flying type Weakness.

So I train Comet up to the same level as the rest of my team and fight all of the trainers around route 114. I travel through Meteor Falls, learning of Team Magma's plans at Mt. Chimney. I go down and fight all the trainers on route 115. In Rustboro I get the Exp. Share from Mr. Stone.
I break the rocks in Rusturf tunnel, earning me HM Strength.
I go Mt. Chimney, and defeat some Magma Grunts easily.

Against Maxie, Quail 2HKO's Mightyena with Double Kick whilst he Sand Attacks me.
I switch in Peekoo against Camerupt and Water Gun KO's. Zubat also gets 2HKO'd by Wing Attack.

Easy enough.

I go to Jagged Pass and catch (another) Numel. This one is Rash and I nickname her Bump.

I then fight all of the trainers that suddenly appear in Mt. Chimney and prepare to face Flannery.

I also deposit Necronancy for a couple of reasons.
A) I'm about to go into a fire gym, and then a desert where it will be of no use to me.
B) It's strongest move is cut and will be until level 38 when it learns Shadow Ball. It's going to be a massive pain to raise.
C) I swear everything in emerald knows Astonish? It's really annoying.

Flannery was actually pretty easy. The gym trainers proved no problem at all and she didn't put up much of a fight.

Numel and Slugma are OHKO'd with Peekoo's Water Gun.
Camerupt is 2HKO'd by Water Gun meaning it has time to put up Sunny Day.
Torkoal proves a bit more of an issue because Water Gun's power is weakened in the sun and it gets some annoying ParaHax with Body Slam. I end up having to switch to Comet to finish it off with Rock Throw.

Join me next time when I will be braving the treacherous sandstorm in route 111 and also having a showdown in Petalburg City with my father.

TEAM:
lvl. 31
Naughty Nature
-Water Gun
-Wing Attack
-Supersonic
-Protect

Peekoo is bulky but she is weak as fuck. Her attack is really low meaning Wing Attack isn't great and Water Gun is only a 40BP move. Hopefully getting Surf will remedy this.

lvl.29
Relaxed Nature
-Psybeam
-Gust
-Moonlight
-Flash
Again, Quentin is quite bulky, but also quite weak. It recently learnt Psybeam which is slightly better but it still lacks a good STAB attack.

lvl. 30
Naive Nature
-Ember
-Bulk Up
-Double Kick
-Rock Smash
Quail is still a boss. It recently learnt Bulk Up in place of Peck which should come in handy, although I haven't used it yet as it's busy OHKOing everything with Double Kick.

lvl. 31
Bashful Nature
-Rock Throw
-Confusion
-Cosmic Power
-Fire Spin
Comet is a great addition to my team. No longer do I have to fear everytime a decent Flying type gets sent into Battle. It has good typing and a good ability in levitate. Reasonably bulky and has a reasonable attack stat.

Daycare:
Cruelio, deposited at lvl 13. (around level 23 right now, iirc)

Put in the daycare in case I ever decide to use him in future.

Boxed:
Whitney lvl. 6
Flump lvl. 19
Darren lvl. 15
Lizzy lvl. 14
Paul lvl. 21
Lily lvl. 16
Bump lvl. 21
Necronancy lvl. 23

Deceased:
Steve lvl. 9
Poison is a bitch pre-gen 4. He didn't make it to pokemon centre quick enough.
Zoey lvl. 8
Lack of caution meant that a crit killed her off. Shame, as I could see her becoming a good member of the team.
Tickle lvl. 7
Death Fodder. Life's a bitch.
Nancy lvl. 23
Poison Damage. She lives on as Necronancy the Shedinja however.

Any advice on my team is always appreciated. (Bare in mind I'm not using TMs)

Your team looks weak as hell.. but somehow is pulling through like champs.. nice job. Peekoo proving it's worth.

But yeah, I'm "over-leveling" just because I don't want to get raped all the time.. but mainly because the Pokemon I do have right now.. stand no real chance against the next few gyms.. Wattson, Flaanery, Norman, Winona.. I'm royal-y fucked imo. Hopefully I run into some Wild-Pokemon solutions.

I have the worst luck so far though.. so many slow EXP Growth Pokemon on my team.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Your team looks weak as hell.. but somehow is pulling through like champs.. nice job. Peekoo proving it's worth.
Yeah it is pretty weak, bar Quail. Peekoo and Comet should improve once they get Surf and Rock Slide, respectively.
Quentin will probably be ditched once I find some better pokemon, hopefully.

My only good pokemon I have as reserve are Numel, who Quail outclasses and a Tentacool, who Peekoo outclasses (in my opinion).

That being said, I'm not particularly worried about gyms, except possibly Tate & Liza.
Quail should beat Norman and Peekoo has protect for Slaking.
Comet should be good against Winona and I will get an electric type from New Mauville to beat her Pelipper and Skarmory.
Hopefully I'll retain said electric type for Juan, or withdraw Shedinja again who pretty much walls him.
(As long as nobody dies in the meantime).

@ Phadunk: GET THAT SHROOMISH ONTO YOUR TEAM NOW!!!! It'll help you out so much. Mach Punch at your stage in the game is ridiculously over powered. Magnezone wont stand a chance.

Chapter 16: The Reconstruction Era Part 2 - Facing the Inferno
I woke up again with the damp feeling of being covered in dew.

I really need to start sleeping in my sleeping bag. I thought to myself as I sat up. I unattached my belt and peered into the Pokeballs hanging off of it. A dark feeling welled up in my chest as I thought of what Mr. Stone said. I was not blessed like other trainers, I was cursed. Strong trainers will expect me to be a soldier, not a trainer.

I refuse to be ruthless, I refuse to be cold... like my father. I will stand out amongst the other who are like me. I will endure and keep my heart. I spat on the ground in an act of defiance and in an act of forming a pact. I quickly stood up and rebuckled my belt. I had a date with the devil on the top of Mt. Chimmney. I unfolded my bicycle and bolted off through the Rusturf Tunnel.

I arrived at the cable car to Mt. Chimmney feeling far my confident than ever. Troll had finally evovled into Vigoroth, and now good fend for himself. Ragnarok was as strong as ever, and Nimbus was getting better. But my biggest worry was Radar. He was still weak, and we hadnt even really bonded since I met him. But now was not the time to worry, I could hear the sounds of Magma-Aqua battles from the top of the mountain, and now it was my time to join.

I took the cable car up and eventually reached the summit. The road down the mountain was blocked by dualing grunts, but they wer of no concern to me, I only wanted to defeat Magma. I sprinted up the slight slope to the rim of the volcano to find a warzone. Magmas and Aquas tearing at each other, even Archi was surrounded. In the confusion I snuck through almost undetected, having to stop only twice to defeat two Magma Grunts and Tabitha, the Magma Admin. Finally I reached the man in charge.

He was a tall, pale, red-headed man, and he stood beside an odd machine. "All I have to do is place this meteorite in and click this button and we shall awaken that thing." He said icily to himself.

"Not so fast!!" I called. "You'll have to get through me first!"

"Wh-?" he sputtered out. "Grrrr, you dare interfere. Fine, then I, Maxie, leader of Team Magma, shall destroy you! Go Mightyena!"

"Go Ragnarok!!" I shouted, and the two Pokemon squared up. The first two rounds were quick. Mightyena was demolished by Ragnarok's powerful Double kicks. And Camerupt faced a similar fate, though not after leaving a mark with a powerful Magnitude.

"Bah, fine Zubat!!" Maxie shouted in anger as his small bat Pokemon appeared.

I knew this Zubat was far stronger than Radar, and I feared a Wing Attack doing critical damage on Ragnarok. "Alright Ragnarok, return! Go Nimbus!! Fury Attack Nimbus!!" Nimbus rushed forward, delivering trivial damage with its attack, while taking severe damage from a Wing Attack. I paniced, knowing Nimbus wouldnt survive another blow, and switched to Radar. He stood no chance. In a flash Radar was slashed by a powerful Wing Attack and fell to the ground, dead.

I went furious, and released Troll. Troll, seeing death for the first time, fed upon my anger, and we devoured the Zubat with a Strength. Maxie fled soon after, and our Mt. Chimney was saved, but not without a cost: Radar was dead. I slowly descended down the mountain to Lavaridge Town, where I burried the dead was taken away to Mt. Pyre.

I felt the ice creeping into my heart at Radar's death, and grew scared at the feeling. The town's hot springs soothed my soul, as did the kindness of an old woman, who told me that I would be a good caretaker for the baby Pokemon egg she had. I accepted her gift with grace, and then raced off to train for the gym and avenge Radar's death.

The training brought much sucess. TonyTony the Machop joined my team and later evolved into TonyTony the Machoke. Troll followed, growing just as strong. The egg hatched into a Wynaut, who was subsequentally name C'mon Bro. But there was tragedy too, Nimbus, a Pokemon with much untapped potential, fell of the rim of Mt. Chimney as well. And so another team mate was taken by Nuzlocke.

Lavaridge seemed to become my mourning and recovery spot. The hot springs and company of the wise folk in the town seemed to melt ice in my fast freezing heart, and within a few days I was ready to face the Gym.

The Gym, like all before it, loomed in front of me like a mountain. And since recent events on mountains had left me scarred, I was more scared for this battle than any before. But my team was strong and ready, and I had a plan. With a deep breath to gain my courage, I entered the fiery bowels of the gym.

The Gym Trainers were easy like most gyms, and within the hour I was facing the pedastal of the Fiery Gym Leader Flannery.

Flannery was a like many people had said, fiery, energetic, young, strong, and inexperienced. Even her Gym Leader speech gave light to her naivety. But behind that was a fierce warrior, one who I knew I had to be prepared for. We both stared each other down, and released our Pokemon.

Troll was out and ready, as was her Numel. Troll led with a strength, dealing massive damage, as she struck with a Magnitude. "Excellent attack," Flannery laughed. "I expected nothing less from the son of Norman. But I'm not done, Hyper Potion!!" And so Numel was rejouvinated, but another Strength from Troll did the job. And Numel fell.

"Alright, go Slugma!!!" Flannery called as her fire slug appeared.

This was what I had been waiting for, the perfect set-up bait. "Troll, enough, go Ragnarok!" Ragnarok appeared and landed gracefully on the field. "Bulk Up!" Ragnarok flexed as Slugma suddenly made the sun shine brightly. Another Bulk Up and Slugma filled a room with a horrid Smog. Ragnarok knew what was coming a Bulked Up without even my command, as Slugma smogged be again.

But now I knew the battle was mine. "Double Kick!!" Ragnarok sprang forward on super heightened muscles destroying Slugma with a single kick. Camerupt fell just as easily.

"I see you know what you are doing," Flannery laughed. "But this isnt over, go Torkoal!!"

"Double Kick!!" Ragnarok lunged forward delivering two mighty kicks, but Torkoal still stood.

"Body Slam!!!" Torkoal lept into the air and came down, knocking Ragnarok across the room, but all it did was damage, the Paralysis chance did not come into effect.

"Double Kick!!!" I shouted, and Ragnarok finished Torkoal with two more kicks, and victory was ours.

"Excellent. You are quite the trainer Severus," Flannery praised me. "I can tell you and your Pokemon share a deep bond, and with your... condition... that is saying something. If you are ever back in Lavaridge look me up. We can take a dip in my own hotsprings if you'd like." Flannery laughed and then jumped through one of the holes in the gym floor and vanished.

I walked somberly out of the gym. My battle was flawless, and not a single casualty was taken, and I was even asked on a date, but I was still bothered. Flannery had known about my Nuzlocker's Syndrome. Did that mean all the Gym Leaders knew? And what about other people, could they know. I left the gym with these dark thoughts on my mind when a I heard someone shout "Hey Severus!"

The Team:

Ragnarok the Combusken (M)
Nature - Lonely
Level - 33
Moves - Double Kick, Peck, Ember, Bulk Up
Ability - Blaze

Opinion: The undisputed king of the team. Ragnarok is the sole survivor of the powerhouse team I had before the indcidents of Route 114. Like he was expected, Ragnarok guided my team through the dark and uncertain times of the team's Reconstruction Era. And coming out nearly soloing Flannery is just icing on the cake. The future looks bright for Ragnarok.

Troll the Vigoroth (F)
Nature - Serious
Level - 29
Moves - Strength, Cut, Rock Smash, Slack Off
Ability - Vital Spirit

Opinion: After his original HM Slave uses prior to the disasters of Route 114, Troll is now finally proving his worth. Her movepool now is clearly limited by the HMs, but Strength and Slack Off are really all she needs for now. With decent bulk, strength, and great speed she will most likely prove to be a solid member of the team for awhile to come.

TonyTony the Machoke (M)
Nature - Serious
Level - 29
Moves - Leer, Karate Chop, Revenge, Seismic Toss
Ability - Guts

Opinion: Another great find. Though I was searching for a Spoink on the Jagged Pass, TonyTony is just as good. Great attack and bulk, his only real flaws are his low speed and lack of a powerful move. But in time that will all change, and I expect him to be nearly as reliable as Ragnarok.

The Reserves

Inseninja the Nincada (M)
Level- 7
Nature- Jolly
Moves- Sractch, Harden, Leech Life
Ability- Compound Eyes

Opinion: Not much, he was the first Pokemon I saw on the Route, and maybe if I need him I could evolve him into a Ninjask or a Shedinja. And with my current situation I might just do that.

Kerry the Whismer (F)
Level- 7
Nature- Brave
Moves- Pound, Uproar
Ability- Soundproof

Opinion: Kerry may have some potential, as Exploud is a decent Pokemon. With Sly's unfortunate death I thought the odds of her addition to the team would grow. But with the disasters that took so many of my team's lives, I needed someone else, and I looked towards troll to take a spot.

Flora the Oddish (F)
Nature - Mild
Lvl - 13
Moves - Absorb, Sweet Scent
Ability - Chlorophyll

Opinion: Flora may have been useful for facing Wattson, but on the whole training her would have been far too much of a challenge with not much reasonable use in sight. But with recent events that may change for Flora.

Chief the Poocheyena (M)
Nature - Hasty
Level - 13
Moves - Tackle, Howl, Sand Attack, Bite
Ability - Run Away

Opinion: Chief is just one of those Pokemon that just doesnt have any real use. Mightyena isn't that good, and training Poocheyena isn't worth it. Even in light of recent events, I probably wont use him, though the chance is still there.

Nitro the Numel
Nature - Modest
Level - 14
Moves - Growl, Tackle, Ember
Ability - Oblivious

Opinion: Nitro is in a similar boat as Chief. I just didnt see a reason to use him. Ragnarok already surves as an amazing Fire-type, and Numel just didn't have an immeditate use -- or a future use -- to invest in its training. Even now, Numel probably wont be used simply because of Ragnaroks presence. But is something tragic were to happen to Ragnarok, this guy would be first in line as his replacement.

Napoleon the Slugma (M)
Nature - Bold
Level - 15
Moves - Yawn, Smog, Ember, Rock Throw
Ability - Flame Body

Opinion: Basically Napoleon is just another Nitro-- both of whom are inferior to Ragnarok. In fact, this guy is probably behind Nitro in terms of who is more likely to be used.

Pander the Spinda
Nature - Lonely
Level - 14
Moves - Tackle, Uproar, Faint Attack
Ability - Own Tempo

Opinion: Y U NO SKARMORY???? That about sums it up don't cha think? Pander may have a vast movepool, but it is so weak offensively and defensively I wouldnt use it. The only chance it has is if all my other Pokemon were to faint. And even then, I'd use it just to catch another Pokemon. Sorry Pander.

C'mon Bro the Wynaut (M)
Nature - Bold
Level - 5
Moves - Charm, Encore, Something Else
Ability - Shadow Tag

Opinion: What can I say, it's a Wynaut. Why not put it on the team, idk, just that I really dont want a Pokemon who relies on taking damage to deal damage in Nuzlocke. Sure, in a normal run I might, but not here. There is a chance, a Wobbafett is pretty good, but for now, no.

In Memory of the Dead

Sly the Zigzagoon (M)
Lvl - 12
Nature - Calm
Moves - Growl, Tackle, Tail Whip, Headbutt
Ability - Pickup

Defeated By: A judgement error while facing May's Torkoal. He stood no chance against Torkoal's Ember.

Memorial Quote: In memory of Sly the Zigzagoon, whose cute antics could bring a smile to even the most caloused of souls. May his spirit live on to bring joy to all who need it.

Final Words: I had truly high hopes for sly. It was my own fault, and we lost a Pokemon with a lot of potentail here. Good bye, Sly.

Tasty the Dustox (M)
Lvl - 18
Nature - Rash
Moves - Tackle, Protect, Poison Sting, Confusion
Ability - Shed Skin

Defeated By: The electrifying power of Wattsons' Voltorb's Shock Wave.

Memorial Quote: In memory of Tasty the Dustox. May he forever fly higher than any bird Pokemon, and may the moon glisten upon him every night.

Final Words: I knew this was coming, but even still, it was painful, as Tasty was my first Pokemon. From the beginning I wanted a Beautifly, but I got a Dustox, and that immediately put a limit on Tasty's usefulness. He demolished Brawly, but after that he petered out, until the point he was no longer needed. In the end he paid the ultimate price trying to weaken Wattsons' team. Thank you Tasty, and Good bye.

Lancelot the Aron (M)
Lvl - 24
Nature - Rash
Moves - Headbutt, Roar, Mud-Slap, Headbutt
Ability - Sturdy

Defeated By: Wattsons' Magneton's Shock Wave and my own judgement error.

Memorial: In memory of Lancelot the Aron. May his iron will always prevail in the face of adversity.

Final Words: This loss really stung. I had really hoped this guy would become the tank of my team. He would take hits and dish them out even harder. But that dream was never realized. I am sorry Lancelot that you never saw your full potential, Good bye my friend.

Pinacolada the Lotad (F)
Lvl- 26
Nature- Jolly
Moves- Astonish, Fury Swipes, Absorb, Fake Out
Ability- Rain Dish

Defeated by: The suicidal rage of a Ninja Boy's Koffing's Self-Destruct

Memorial: In the memory of Pinacolada the Lombre. May she laugh, swim, and play all day.

Final Words: This loss stung the most out of any. Pinacolada was at one point the most accomplished member of my team. Her loss came as a shock and it still stings. She was going to become another powerhouse of the team if only the fates had not been so cruel. I am going to miss you Pinacolada, thank you, and Good bye.

Radar the Zubat (M)
Nature - Serious
Level - 17
Moves - Leech Life, Supersonic, Astonish, Bite
Ability - Inner Focus

Defeated By: Maxie's Zubat's Wing Attack & my own judgement error.

Memorial: In memory of Radar the Zubat, may he traverse all the world's caves.

Final Words: I never got to know Radar. Could he have been great? Probably. Could he have patched up some of the weaknesses my team faces? Probably. I retrospec what I did was really stupid. So, I am sorry Radar. Thank you, and Good bye.

Nimbus the Swablu (M)
Nature - Quiet
Level - 21
Moves - Peck, Fury Attack, Astonish, Sing
Ability - Natural Cure

Defeated By: My own judgement error and a Vital Throw from a Makuhita.

Memorial: In memory of Nimbus the Swablu. May he fly as high as the sun a feel the warmth of every spring day.

Final Words: I feel really stupid about this one. Altaria's are good enough in-game. Swablu had potential, but I got annoyed an lazy and stupid and let it take the fall. I can't say much else except I am sorry Nimbus. Thank you, and Good bye.

I KNOW BUT I JUST COULDN'T!

Holy shit man.. your team.. I feel for you.. we're one in the same.

Kahim's bulk and power was enough bro. Definitely.

My team played Wattson exactly how I hoped.

Fangs took Voltorb out with 2 Bites exactly.. only had to deal with a ShockWave which thankfully didn't paralyze me.

Fangs then faced the Electrike [I kept thinking Electivire.. lol] And again.. 2 Bites were able to handle it.. but unfortunately it got paralyzed.. so imo, that was the end for him.. which is fine.. he couldn't handle the other two. Wattson sends out Magneton.. I switch out Fang for Kahim.

This is is.. it's either win or go home. I go with Fake Out first.. to get a little damage on it.. hardly any.. but at least maybe Vital Throw will get closer to KO range.

Magneton goes with T-Wave.. FINALLY GUTS CAN BE USED! I think he just fucked himself..

Vital Throw just slaughters Magneton.. but up next is Manectric.. and I honestly have no other option but stick with Kahim.. since the bulk and power is all I've got to go with.

I take a Shock Wave.. I hit back with VThrow. Wattson uses a SPotion.. I VThrow again. Still not dead.. Manectric hits with ShockWave and gets me decently low. I finally get another VThrow in without being para-haxed.. and finish the gym.

Holy shit.. wooooooo. Dodged the bullet.

I win then go North to the new areas full of Pokemon.

Numel baby.. once again shows it's face, like last journey. Looks like a good idea to keep him, so I catch and name Lemon.

I then go into the Path where more Pokemon live.. it would be nice to get a Koffing or maybe a Torkoal to battle for my fire-type.. but instead.

Machop gets caught.. as I never know when I need a fighting type.. and I name it Nacho.

During this time.. I stick to this Path and level up my Numel and other Pokemon.. getting each to lvl 29-30. Mainly Numel since it's so low..

I think what's next is to go to the Ashy Area where some Pokemon are.. let's test my luck.

I have a team of 5 atm.. they do cover each other decently.. so not sure what else I need.. but I'll just travel through to the next town since my Pokes are pretty fucking high now. Beast levels.

So I head to the Ashy Area..

Question.. lol.. because this is just hilarious and a holy fucking hell shit kasdlasd moment.

What are the odds of coming across a shiny Skarmory as the first Pokemon in the route.. AND the first patch of grass?
APPARENTLY REALLY FUCKING GOOD. Lol... What the fuck Game Freak.. are you trolling me right now?

I feel like it's too good to be true.. but fuck it.. I deserve this cool luck.

It was extremely hard to catch.. I spent almost all of my Pokeballs and Greatballs on it.. i really wish I had status with me.. but all I could do was weaken it down with Normal type moves.. then keep after it.

Docile.. who gives a shit..

So currently I'm saved at the Ashy grass.. about to level up my newly acquired Pokemon.. then head West once we're all level 30.

My Team

Gex the Grovyle
Lvl 30
- Leaf Blade
- Quick Attack
- Absorb
- Pursuit

Fang the Mightyena
Lvl 29
- Bite
- Tackle
- Howl
- Swagger

Megamind the Tentacruel
Lvl 31
- Acid
- Poison Sting
- Bubblebeam
- Supersonic

Kahim the Hariyama
Lvl 27
- Fake Out
- Arm Thrust
- Vital Throw
- Tackle

Lemon the Numel
Lvl 31
- Ember
- Magnitude
- Take Down
- Tackle

Goblin the Skarmory
Lvl 16
- Peck
- Agility
- Sand Attack
- Swift

Maybe my luck is changing.. or maybe I've just been playing so damn much.. I've landed upon every percentage possible.. and the roll of the dice was quality.

I think my team looks good.. but it's definitely not that great. Grovyle and Mighteyna are still unable to take any hit whatsoever. I now have 2 ground weaks, and my only fire-resist is weak to ground attacks they tend to carry.

I also have flying weaknesses.. which I have no resistance to.. Winona will be so difficult.

Also.. I am completely confident that i will lose half this team vs Norman. I lost valuable Pokemon last time. His sheer power will kick my ass. Slaking.. bleh

Until next time.

YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

0_o, my mind has been blown: a f**king Shiny Skarmory on the first patch?!?!?!?!?!?! God must love you.

Also, Skarmory is your flying resist (its Steel Typing does that)

Standard rules:
1). Catch first pokemon you see.
2). No pokemon count towards Rule 1 until I recieve Pokeballs.
3). No Duplicates
4). Faint => Cemetary Box
5). Catch all shinies ASAP!!
6). Kill all Legendaries
7). Allow Gift Pokemon
8). Unlimited PokeCenter usage
9). Unlimited PC Usage

Now that the rules are done, here's Chapter 3:
Trainer King VS Rival Nuzlock!!

Trainer King's Party:
VS​
Rival Nuzlock's Party:

Going into this battle I am going to lead with WingBlade. Gastly is going to be forced into using Curse, so WingBlade will be able to KO it with a simple Gust attack.
Rival Nuzlock sent out Gastly!
Trainer King sent out WingBlade!​
VS
WingBlade used Gust!
Gastly used Spite!​
VS
Although that didn't go as planned, it worked out in my favor because WingBlade isn't Cursed and Gastly is at slightly below half health. WingBlade will get the KO from this battle.
WingBlade used Gust!
Gastly Fainted!
Rival Nuzelock sent out Croconaw!
Trainer King sent out Volt!​
VS
I now have the advantage. Volt has more than enough bulk to take a few hits from Croconaw and 2KO in return with ThunderShock.
Volt used ThunderShock!
Croconaw used Scary Face!​
VS
I would have thought that Croconaw would attack, but I was pleasently suprised. Now Volt can take the KO with ease.
Croconaw used Scary Face!
Volt used ThunderShock!
Croconaw Fainted!
Rival Nuzlock sent out Zubat!
Trainer King sent out Specz!​
VS
There's a method to my madness here. Most people wouldn't dare switch a Bug-type into a Flying-type, but Specz knows Confusion. I should OHKO the bat.
Specz used Confusion!
A Critical Hit!
Zubat Fainted!​

• After completing my Rival battle, I head back to the pokemon Center to heal.
  • I find that I am rather low on Pokeballs, so I go to the PokeMart and buy about 15 of them.​
  • The time is now to enter the Ilex Forest!!​
  • So far, there have been a barrage of Caterpie and my "No Duplicates" rule saves me from catching them. Hopefully, I'll find something worthwhile while hunting this guy's Farfetch'd.​
  • Ok, the two Farfetch'd have been returned, so I can now recieve my HM Cut and then I can grab a Cut Slave.....who shall it be?​
  • Looks like Venus can learn Cut! Time to go get Headbutt so I can get a Heracross from Azalea Town......or at least an Aipom....but I'd rather find a Heracross.....​
  • After an endless swarm of Caterpie and Metapod, I finally come across a Paras!! With Specz out in front, I'm going to put the the thing to sleep.​
  • After a very long battle where I was worried every turn that Paras would crit Venus, I finally weaken it enough to capture!! I'll check the nature after getting Headbutt taught to a few choice pokemon....​
  • I begin Headbutting trees in Azalea Town and the first pokemon that falls out of that tree is a Lv. 4 Heracross!! Time to put him to sleep and chunk Pokeballs at it for a while!!​
  • After tossing 7 Pokeballs, I finally capture Spike the Serious and GUTS-ey Heracross!! Sadly, he is LV. 4, so its going to be babied for a while before I head off to Goldenrod.​
  • While I run back to Violet City, Heater the Naive Slugma hatched!! Now I must box him when I get there.​
  • After training Spike up to LV. 14, I decide that the time was now to head out to Goldenrod!! But first, I had to grab that Charcoal for Magma.​
  • Oops! I just realized that I forgot Venus, my Cut slave >_> I have to go back and get her...​
  • I have now entered Route 34! After I take out these weakling trainers, I'm going to hunt down a new friend ^_^​
  • Upon Entering Goldenrod, I withdraw my Slowpoke and head to the Name Rater. I'll call her Alice.​
  • After reBoxing Alice, I head back out to Route 34 to hunt my new friend. With Specz leading the way, I meet with Dreamy the Brave Drowzee. I'll Box her for now.​
  • Five Ditto in less than 2 minutes.......that's a lot of gum under the boot/claw of my Heracross!!​
  • Got my bike and I'm gonna ride in style!​
  • CHECKMATE!!!! Spike has learned Brick Break!! Whitney, the end is near!!!!​
  • Ok, here comes the Radio Card Challenge.......Yes, Yes, No, Yes, No.......Done! The Radio Card is mine and Whitney throws a mini-temper tantrum. Anyway, time to beat the stuffing out of the gym trainers, heal, then take Whitney out.​
  • The combined efforts of WingBlade, Magma, and Specz was more than enough to take out the Gym Trainers. Time to heal before the Slaughter :D​
Trainer King VS Gym Leader Whitney!!

Trainer King's Party:
VS​
Leader Whitney's Party:

Goinng into this battle I have 3/5 of my team weak to rock attacks, so Rollout is going to be a major pain. Clefairy is very simple to beat, but if it pulls the wrong move with Metronome, my team may be dead. Luckily, all my team is at least one level above Clefairy, so they will be unaffected by any OHKO move. Anyway, my plan is to put Clefairy to sleep with Sleep Powder and then wittle away at it with Gust. Then I will have Volt come in and Paralyze Miltank....twice....stupid Lum Berry. After that, I will bring out Spike, depending upon Volt's health level.
VS
Leader Whitney sent out Clefairy!
Trainer King sent out Specz!
Specz used Sleep Powder!
Clefairy fell asleep!​
VS
(Sleep)​
Ok, the plan is working so far. Now its time for some damage.
Specz used gust!
Clefairy is fast asleep!​
VS
(Sleep)​
I appear to be doing about 1/4 damage with Gust. That's good because I am hoping that Whitney wastes her Super Potion on Clefairy instead of Miltank.
Specz used Gust!
Clefairy woke up!
Clefairy used Mimic!
Clefairy learned Gust!​
VS
This could possibly be bad. However, and unstabbed Gust shouldn't do too much. I am going to place that thing under the effects of Sleep Powder again.
Specz used Sleep Powder!
Clefairy fell asleep!​
VS
(Sleep)​
Clefairy has about 1/3 health left. I will use Confusion in the hopes that it will put Clefairy at "red" health and will force Whitney to use that Super Potion.
Specz used Confusion!
Clefairy Woke up!
Clefairy used Metronome!
Clefairy used Swift!​
VS
Ok, Clefairy has very little HP remaining. I will Sleep powder again while hoping that she uses that Super Potion. The removal of that Super Potion is vital to my plans!
Leader Whitney used Super Potion!
Specz used Sleep Powder!​
VS
(Sleep)​
YES!! Now that that pesky Super Potion is out of the way, I can just concentrate on Gust spam!!
Specz used Gust!
VS
(Sleep)​
Continue the Gust!!!
Specz used Gust!
VS
(Sleep)​
More Gusts!!
Specz used Gust!
VS
(Sleep)​
Here comes the final strike!!
Specz used Gust!
Clefairy Fainted!
Leader Whitney sent out Miltank!​
VS
Ok, this seems like a horrible idea, but Specs is at near full health and I am very sure that he can survive a Base 30 unstabbed attack and get a Sleep Powder off.
Miltank used Rollout!
Specz used Sleep Powder!
Miltank fell asleep!
Miltank's Lum Berry cured its status!​
VS
Ok, Specz survived with 17 HP left. I am now going to switch to Volt. Hopefully, his Static will activate and allow me to deal a bit of damage at the same time.
Trainer King withdrew Specz!
Trainer King sent out Volt!
Miltank used Stomp!
Volt's Static paralyzed Miltank!​
VS
(Paralyzed)​
Interesting....It looks like placing a pokemon locked into Rollout ends the sequence. Anyway, I believe that spike can easily take a Stomp and KO with Brick Break. Volt, your job is done!
Trainer King withdrew Volt!
Trainer King sent out Spike!
Miltank used Attract!​
(Attract)VS
(Paralyzed)​
CRAP!!!! Here come the Coin-Flips..... Anyway, at least Spike came in without and damage :)
Spike is in love with Miltank!
Spike used Brick Break!
Miltank used Stomp!​
(Attract)VS
(Paralyzed)​
Ok, I won the first coin toss and did over 3/4 damage. Miltank did much less damage than I had feared. I really hope that I win this next Coin Toss because this battle has gone on long enough.
Spike is in love with Miltank!
Spike used Brick Break!
Miltank Fainted!​
  • After claiming my prizes after dealing with one last temper tantrum on behalf of Whitney, I go heal and save. This battle couldn't have been won without the help of Spike!!​
Volt the Flaaffy

Nature: Rash
Location Found: Route 32
Item: None
Ability: Static
Level: 19
Stats: 60/30/26/44/27/26
Moves:
- ThunderShock
- Headbutt
- Tackle
- Thunder Wave
As usual, Volt has the power and the bulk, but lacks the coverage that is needed later in the game. For now, Electric/Normal coverage will suffice.

Spike the Heracross

Nature: Serious
Location Found: Azalea Town
Ability: Guts
Level: 19
Stats: 62/36/23/45/42
Moves:
- Brick Break
- Headbutt
- Horn Attack
- Aerial Ace
Meet my newest teammate!! This guy is everything that my team needs to survive. He has even greater bulk than Volt, he has better coverage in Fighting/Normal/Flying, and he has the highest offensive capabilities of the entire team. Do I need to say anything else? He was the sole reason I came out of Whitney's gym without any causualities!

WingBlade the Pidgeotto

Nature: Lax
Location Found: Route 29
Ability: Tangled Feet
Level: 20
Stats: 57/34/36/28/26/36
Moves:
- Quick Attack
- Gust
- Tackle
- Sand Attack
Sadly, WingBlade is my team's weakest link. With Sudowoodo coming soon and possibly a Miltank/Tauros coming up after that, perhaps even Stantler, WingBlade looks to be a Fly-Slave in the future.

Magma the Quilava

Nature: Lax
Location Found: New Bark Town
Item: Charcoal
Ability: Blaze
Stats: 56/36/31/41/33/40
Moves:
- Fire Blast
- Flame Wheel
- Headbutt
- Quick Attack
Despite getting two very strong stab attacks this chapter, Magma hasn't seen much action outside of beating up gym trainers. His lack of coverage and general fraility look to be death sentences later. Luckily, he has more than enough power to kill the foe before death. I really don't see his flames being extinguished any time soon.

Specz the Butterfree​

Nature: Quiet
Location Found: Route 30
Item: Shell Bell
Ability: Compoundeyes
Stats: 57/26/30/45/38/32
Moves:
- Gust
- Confusion
- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
Despite losing its place as my best attacker, Specz has remained my French Army Knife. With dual-status and relitively good coverage, Specz is certainly not to be underestimated. Sadly, I see the Box in Specz's future as he will not be able to keep up in the power struggle that is coming up.

'Lil Boom the Jolly Geodude​

Venus the Lax Bellsprout

Sara the Sassy Zubat

Sandy the Quiet Sandshrew

Fluffy the Naive Hoppip

Alice the Careful Slowpoke

Shrooms the Lax Paras

Heater the Naive Slugma

Dreamy the Brave Drowzee

??? the Togepi Egg (Decided that since I already got the Slugma egg from Primo, I'll leave this one alone.)

0_o, my mind has been blown: a f**king Shiny Skarmory on the first patch?!?!?!?!?!?! God must love you.

Also, Skarmory is your flying resist (its Steel Typing does that)
Seriously, It was probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen while playing Pokemon. :cloud: I've always hated Skarmory though.. which makes this even better.

Onto my update.. after retrieving the Skarmory, It's roughly 13 levels below my team, and with Flaanery as the next true opponent, I believe it's pointless for me to go all out in catching it up. So instead I prepare the few Pokemon that will actually do something vs the fire gym + Team Magma. Lemon, Megamind, and Kahim.

Side note; I hope at some point.. Gex is worthwhile.. lol. Because so far he's been doing fuck all, and has been sitting at the back of the party while I kill shit with everyone else. Treecko is not for the weak.

Back to the story. There really isn't much battling available between the Skarmory catch and the Fire-gym. There just isn't. Especially when all my Pokemon are just dominate vs the wild Pokemon.. and the trainers are few and far between.

I did go West of Fallabor Town and test my luck at the grassy patches.

Swablu? Would be nice. Seviper? Meh.. no thanks. So really.. the only quality Pokemon would be Swablu for me..

I pull..

The evolved form of what I already have. I catch him anyways, name him 'Hombre' and box. He actually has a quality nature, Naive. So if I do ever need him.. he's decently equipped.

I head to the Meteor Falls.. to activate the "battle for middle-earth" with Magma and Aqua. Shit is about to get good now.. battles and battles are in my future for sure.

"Oh yeah.. Zubats and Solrocks are in here.. sweet!"

I get..

Bleh.. bummer. I name her Tabby.. i do catch her and she has a 'Naive nature'. Again.. niiiiiiiiice.

I've been pretty lucky with natures in this journey.. I've noticed that the natures duplicate with my Pokemon. Say I have 1 Adamant.. It's a given that I'll have another Adamant nature somewhere in my party or box.. strange system.

So I head to the Magma Meteorite Site.. and try to fight my way to the bossman. His team is pretty solid actually.. I forgot.

Mightyena was decently equipped.. but my Lemon/Numel took him out like a champ. Next was Camelrupt.. Lemon is still just a child.. don't face the dad just yet. So i switched to Megamind for the simple 4x water win.

Afterwards I headed South. Rugged Path or something like that.

Spoink baby!

Idk what the odds are of me landing her.. but she looks cool as hell.

Name the 'Lonely natured' pig Spork, and box. Apparently Lonely is horrible.. so that's a dead end.

Fire-gym time..

Oh btw, I noticed Lemon was just 1 level away from becoming a fat beast.. so I did it.

to

This guy looks so awesome.. I love him. I hope he never dies.. llol.

So Megamind is level 31.. and definitely prepared to run through this gym. Honestly.. I didn't have to use anyone else.. I didn't expect to have the level power I did, and Tentacruel to be so dominant with that Bubblebeam. Reminded me of the old R/B days of Bubblebeam.

I did fear a potential Ground-type attack from something.. but all in all.. it was a comfortable gym run. Thank God.. last time it was brutal.

Torkoal showed it's worth once again though.. being a durable beast and landing a solid Body Slam that could have fucked me over.. but thankfully as you can see.. Megamind is TOO STRONGTH.

I dont want to get too confident though.. but I had a solid showing and it looks as though my pieces are coming together.

One thing I do have an issue with.. more like.. a Pokemon I have an issue with.

Fang..

He's been my pup since the very very beginning.. and was a solid partner.. but lately, he's just been performing below par, and the fact that his STAB is special.. while his ATK is high and wasted with 'Tackle'.. including his weak defenses.. he's just not going to last long. I don't want to carry him until he dies.. he deserves better.

So instead.. it's time.. in this journey.. to box my beloved pup, Fang, and look towards the future.

Fang Lvl 29
Lonely nature :(
- Bite
- Tackle
- Howl
- Swagger

I feel bad that I'm casting him aside.. especially what he's gone through during his young life being all alone [lonely nature] and never being good enough for others. But.. it's a dog eat dog world.

I box him, /save file.

Preparing to go to the sandy fields.. not looking for much. Then onto my next mission. Be ready to see Goblin catch up to the rest of my squad before my next gym battle. He will be needed in order for my team to continue on. Definitely.

Who will by #6 on the team? Only the Nuzlocke Gods know.

Lol oh yeah.. this fire-badge allows my Pokemon to be level 50.. :pimp:

j/k.. that would be ridiculous. I already have 26 hours in the game. My poor Android phone.. ha.

Rowan

The professor?
Update #5: Disaster at Petalburg Gym

Okay, so after leaving Lavaridge town, I go to the desert where I find myself a nice little Trapinch. I also find Mirage Tower where I find another Trapinch.
I really should consider a no repeat rule. I nickname them Trevor and Anthony. Trevor is Careful and Anthony is Naughty.
Anyway I box them both because Trapinch has to rely on special attacks. Damn the physical/special split only coming in gen IV.
I also find a Claw Fossil which I revive into Anorith at Rustboro. (This counts as my Rustboro area pokemon, not my Mirage Tower one). He is Naive and I call him Max.
So I do some training in the desert where I get my Quail to level 33.

x2

On to Petalburg I go. The gym trainers die to Quail with no trouble at all. Double Kick OHKO's the majority of pokemon. I heal up and prepare to fight Norman at level 34.

Norman sends out Spinda. I send out Quail.

Double Kick. OHKO. No trouble there

Next up is Vigoroth. He slashes about a quarter of my health as I take him down to red with Double Kick.
Next go Norman uses a hyper potion as I use Bulk Up.
Another Slash does less than last time and still leaves me comfortably in the green area as I OHKO with Double Kick.
Next up is Linoone. Feeling comfortable here. I click Double Kick. Linoone uses Slash.

Critical Hit.

R.I.P. :(

GG Quail. My Starter and MVP is now lost. I send out Comet the Solrock who defeats Linoone with no trouble due to resisting Linoones attacks. A couple of Rock Throws is all it takes.
Now out comes Slaking. Easy enough. I switch to Peekoo and for some reason it loafs around on the first go, meaning the switch is free. I then Alternate between Protect and Water Gun to bring Slaking all the way down to red. Supersonic also helps a bit. However after Norman uses a hyper potion and I get Slaking down to half way again, my protect PP runs out. I rely on some confusion hax to stay living, but then have to rely on switching to Quentin, and then to my death fodder, Bump the Numel.
Eventually I win after sacrificing Bump.

So I beat Norman. I get Surf and teach it to Peekoo. Finally, some power on this guy.

But my team is looking dreadful. I have my other Numel, Flump withdrawn. It is brave which is a decent nature for this guy. It should do a decent job in replacing Quail.
I have Peekoo who is pretty bulky and now has Surf. But she's nowhere near the quality of Quail.
Comet is pretty weak. It desperately needs to get to lvl. 37 when it learns Rock Slide.
And finally, Quentin is dreadful. It is lvl. 29, a few levels lower than Peekoo and Comet. It's really not coping anymore at this level. It might be time to drop it, except for the fact I pretty much have no better options.

TEAM:
lvl. 32
Naughty Nature
-Surf
-Wing Attack
-Supersonic
-Protect

My new team leader I guess. We've been together since the beginning. Her bulk is good and Surf should greatly improve her power.

lvl.29
Relaxed Nature
-Psybeam
-Gust
-Moonlight
-Flash
Ergh. This guy is not pulling his weight anymore. Psybeam is a weak Non-STAB attack coming off a weak Special attack. He won't stay no the team much longer.

lvl. 19
Brave Nature
-Magnitude
-Ember
-Tackle
-Growl
Flump is the newest addition so I haven't raised it yet. It will hopefully be useful as a replacement Quail.

lvl. 32
Bashful Nature
-Rock Throw
-Confusion
-Cosmic Power
-Fire Spin
Comet has good typing and a good ability in levitate. Reasonably bulky and has a reasonable attack stat. The only problem is its weak moves. Rock Slide comes at lvl. 37

Daycare:
Cruelio, deposited at lvl 13. (around level 23 right now, iirc)
Anthony, deposited at lvl 20.

Put in the daycare in case I ever decide to use them in future.

Boxed:
Whitney lvl. 6
Darren lvl. 15
Lizzy lvl. 14
Paul lvl. 21
Lily lvl. 16
Necronancy lvl. 23
Trevor lvl. 21
Max lvl. 20

Deceased:
Steve lvl. 9
Poison is a bitch pre-gen 4. He didn't make it to pokemon centre quick enough.
Zoey lvl. 8
Lack of caution meant that a crit killed her off. Shame, as I could see her becoming a good member of the team.
Tickle lvl. 7
Death Fodder. Life's a bitch.
Nancy lvl. 23
Poison Damage. She lives on as Necronancy the Shedinja however.
Quail lvl. 34
Critical hit in Petalburg Gym. My MVP, a massive blow to my team. Was so close to evolving as well.
Bump lvl. 21
Death Fodder.

Any advice on my team is always appreciated. (Bare in mind I'm not using TMs)

Daaaaamn. I feel your pain. I reallly do. And I have Norman next.

I say go to New Mauville and pray you get a Magnemite over voltorb.

You lost so much power..and looking through your reserves..idk who you can rely on.

At least you know Quail wouldn't have been used vs winona anyways..so your tactic stays the same. But you def need to run into a power Poke.

Rowan

The professor?
It's okay, I got Magnemite.

You shouldn't have to worry about Norman with Skarmory. It will resist every move he has. Although Slaking still has so much power...

Emerald Nuzlocke Team:
Tim the Marshtomp level 29, Quirky(M)
Anabel the Kirlia level 23, Docile(F)
Minus the Minun level 23, Rash(M)
Eric the Numel level 25, Serious(M)
Sparrow the Swellow level 24, Quirky(F)
Soul Drain the Breloom level 24, Relaxed(F)

4 Badges, 1 Death(a Wurmple that was Death fodder vs Roxanne)

Yeah, I've got some serious grinding to do...What level should I grind to for Norman? I plan on evolving Tim before the gym.

Rowan

The professor?
Yeah, I've got some serious grinding to do...What level should I grind to for Norman? I plan on evolving Tim before the gym.
I think around level 32 for most of your team should suffice for Norman. Kirlia, Minun and Swellow won't be doing much against him anyway. Breloom learns Sky Uppercut at level 36 which would aid you a lot if you could be bothered to grind that much.

Just a quick/short update.

I am in the Sand area, looking to advance in the journey.. I see the Mirage Tower but before I enter I test my luck out on the 'wild sand'. Screen blinks.. and I find..

Cactus Man.

I guess it's cool the odds are in my favor to pull a rare-ish Pokemon.. but come on GF.. enough of the Grass-types.

Treecko, Lotad, Shroomish, Oddish, Lombre, and now Cacnea. Shiiiiiit.

Well.. I then go straight to the Mirage Tower.. and BAM.

50/50 chance got me..

Sly the Trapinch is definitely the easiest dragon to level up.. but I honestly don't feel like he's needed right now.. unless some Pokes fall later on in the journey.

Serious nature. I'm not hating.

Once the task is done/fossil pick. I realize my next step.. it's Norman.. my father.. my idol..

In order for me to have a solid chance, I need Goblin the Skarmory to level up quite a bit. His level 20 status can not be his level during the battle. See you all in 10+ levels.

Off-Topic: I'm wondering if I should do another Nuzlocke in FireRed. Just because I've never done it before, and it looks like it would be awesome. Do you think it's do-able to have two Nuzlockes going at the same time? Or just not be so ADD and stick with one until the end?

I think around level 32 for most of your team should suffice for Norman. Kirlia, Minun and Swellow won't be doing much against him anyway. Breloom learns Sky Uppercut at level 36 which would aid you a lot if you could be bothered to grind that much.
Ok, thanks for the help. I'll probably replace Swellow eventually since it's not that good late-game. If I find a replacement, that is...

@Phadunk- Yeah, I'm doing White and Emerald at the same time. I just play whichever one I feel like playong(usually Emerald).

Extremely mini, Micro update:

I am currently grinding for the battle against Morty. Sadly, most of my mons are either too frail for extensive grinding, have weak moves, or both. I believe that I can beat the gym with ease, but its going to be a while before my team is ready.

Until then, here's my most recent catch:

Alright, I am way to lazy to post an update chapter so I'll just tell you guys where I am at.

After Lavaridge I caught Goyo the Trapinch and Frita the Sandshrew. Frita was boxed Goyo became a perminant member of the team. I aslo found the Root Fossil and Toph the Geodude (because I conisder Route 111 and the Desert two different locations). I also caught a Jigglypuff while hoping for a Taillow/Swellow. Jigglypuff was boxed, as was Toph and Frita. Nemo the Lileep was placed in the Day Care.

The battle with Norman resulted in two deaths. Chief the Poocheyena died as death fodder and TonyTony the Machoke was destroyed by Slaking's Counter. R.I.P. TonyTony. You too Cheif... though you never mattered as much.

Got Surf, but then I realized I had no one to use it. So I evolved Kerry the Whimser into Loudred thinking Loudred could learn Surf. He can't -_-. So I used scary voodoo magic to "revive" one dead Pokemon to get use Surf so I could catch a living pokemon who could use surf. There I caught Liam the Tentacool, and my revived zombie Pokemon went back to the dead. I also caught a Wingull who was immediately boxed.

In Mauville I accepted Wattson's quest. I had hoped to get a Magnemite, but no, I got Looney the Voltorb -_-. I then completed the quest, got Thunderbolt, and crossed the river to Route 118. There fate smiled on me, and I caught Mufasa the Manectric. Poor Looney was subsequently placed in the Day Care

I trecked through the rainy Route 119, destroyed my Team Aqua, got Skyla the Castform, evolved Ragnarok to a Blaziken, evolved Goyo into Vibrava, wrecked my rival, and proceeded to Fortree.

After the obligatory travel to get the Devon Scope, I entered the Fortree Gym and wrecked Winona without taking any damage. Heck yeah, Ragnarok, Liam, and Mufasa really proved their worth here.

After destroying the gym I backtracked to the water routes 105, 106, 107, 108, and 109. Took down the abandoned ship and all other trainers, then flew back to Fortree on Goyo.

Traveled through to Routes 120 and 121, caught a Shuppet, got to Lilycove, start, file, save.

The Team:

Ragnarok the Blaziken (M)
Nature - Lonely
Level - 39
Moves - Double Kick, Peck, Blaze Kick, Bulk Up
Ability - Blaze

Opinion: The undisputed king of the team. Ragnarok is the sole survivor of the powerhouse team I had before the indcidents of Route 114. Like he was expected, Ragnarok guided my team through the dark and uncertain times of the team's Reconstruction Era. And coming out nearly soloing Flannery is just icing on the cake.
Now a Blaziken, things can't get much better for Ragnarok. Nor do they have to, as he KO's almost all Pokemon who oppose him.

Troll the Vigoroth (F)
Nature - Serious
Level - 38
Moves - Strength, Slack Off, n/a, n/a
Ability - Vital Spirit

Opinion: After her original HM Slave uses prior to the disasters of Route 114, Troll is now finally proving his worth. Her movepool now is clearly limited by the HMs, but Strength and Slack Off are really all she needs for now. With decent bulk, strength, and great speed she will most likely prove to be a solid member of the team for awhile to come. Despite the strength of Slaking, the Loafing Around is enough of an turn off for me to prevent evolution.

Goyo the Vibrava (M)
Nature - Docile
Level - 37
Moves - Dragon Breath, Dig, Fly, Crunch
Ability - Levitate

Opinion: As a Vibrava, Goyo is rather underwhelming. Its base stats are all lack luster, while it still has to compete with the Big Boys of the mid to late-game. Evolution is a much needed event for Goyo. The challenge is keeping him alive until then. But once that happens Goyo shall be just a reliable as Ragnarok.

Liam the Tentacruel (M)
Nature - Naughty
Level - 37
Moves - Surf, Ice Beam, Acid, Barrier
Ability - Clear Body

Opinion: Liam is a pretty solid member of the team. While not the best, he is no where near the worst and is a reliable battler. Caught at level 35, he has been with me a very short amount of time. But in that short amount of time he has proven his worth immensly. With Ice Beam he demolished Winona's Altaria, a Pokemon I thought would be a real threat to my team. His future looks very bright as well.

Mufasa the Manectric (M)
Nature - Gentle
Level - 38
Moves - Roar, Quick Attack, Spark, Thunderbolt
Ability - Lightning Rod

Opinion: Mufasa is probably my favorite Pokemon to battle with, and the second heavy hitter of the team. While lacking the coverage and brute force of Ragnarok he has speed and powerful attacking moves. His biggest downfall, like most of my team, is his fraility. Any Super Effective attack could end his life prematurely.

repeats

yeah, i had to read it three times just to make sure i wasnt losing it XD.....it sucks typing all of this on a 3ds ›.‹'

Pokemon Fire Red Nuzlocke.

Device: Android Razr Maxx

Standard rules:
1). Catch first pokemon you see.
2). No pokemon count towards Rule 1 until I recieve Pokeballs.
3). No Duplicates and no Rattata..i don't care..fuck those; unless the original Poke is 'dead'
4). Faint ; Dead box
5). Catch all shinies
6). Legendary Pokemon will be caught, in case i continue with the game afterwards
7). Allow Gift Pokemon
8). Unlimited PokeCenter usage
9). No items in-battle; no revives, no redo battles

Roughly 15 years ago, I attempted to be Champion of the Kanto region.. to reign supreme over the entire land and people.. as Pokemon Master.

Unfortunately.. I was young, naive, and had no real grasp at the task at hand.. and ultimately fell to my rival, Gary.

Now, in the present time, Gary has turned this world into an unbearable living environment with his army of Gyarados running rampant in the waters.. his swarms of Dragonite and Charizard soaring over the towns attacking anyone in sight.

This region needs a hero.. a change. But it's too late in this day and time.. the damage has been done, women have been raped, and children have died.

In order to truly right the wrong and change the future for the better, Prof. Oak and I need to travel back in time, back to where I started my journey.. and take the Champion spot away from Gary, and set things right.

Press Start, and the time warp will begin. Everything you once knew will be gone, and the fate of the entire world is in your hands.

I picked my poison.. now let's go with it.

Who to choose.. who to choose..

Approximately 15 years ago.. I chose Squirtle. It was a trusty companion, but as we all know.. I fell short. Do I go with him again? Do I rekindle the memories we once had and go for the 'ship together?

Do I betray what I know? Do I choose the ying to my yang?

I look into the eyes of this Pokemon.. this fiery yet sad Pokemon. It looks as though he has the same look I had in the future.. the lonely yet determined look that has things to prove and great things to do.

The battle has begun.. again..

Drew 1 - 0 Gary

Charmander.. who agreed to the name 'Zippo' smoked the Squirtle. It was quite a start to our journey. Zippo isn't completely settled on his name.. and tbh I'm not surprised. After reading a lot about Charmanders over the years.. I know it takes a long time for them to respect you and listen.. to trust and fight beside you and not against you. It will be a wild ride for sure.

His picture after the fight. His stats are looking promising as well. I'll post a picture of that soon enough.

We travel north, get a package and deliver it back to Oak.

Once I am given the Pokedex for Oak's mission.. [which i will continue to not complete as I didn't last time.. lol] And Pokeballs to catch some more partners.. the journey has officially begun.

Until next time.

@Phadunk -- Congratz on the shiny Skarmory! isnt it amazing to walk into the first patch of grass expecting crap and then be blessed with something super rare? except in your case it was even more rare .. DON'T LET IT DIE or i will hate you. lol

Every steel type i've caught in this game died. Idk what is wrong with me. I caught scizor, then it died. I caught Zap the magneton in safarai zone, and it died to a critical bubblebeam from a wild tentacruel that I thought it could take. it hurt because I really needed him for the ice gym ... Idk what i'm gonna do guys.

--- >
After some careful thinking I have come up with a plan. Beating Chuck got me focus punch. and game corner in goldenrod gives substitute the tm with 2000 coins ... and Palmy my ambipom can learn both moves ... sigh, guess it is too the slots with me :\ until my next update after i finish those terrible games and get the coins, here is my current and improved team ;)

Prank the Naughty Gengar

Lv. 33
Ability: Levitate
Holding: Nothing
Moveset
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Confuse Ray

Yoller the Sassy Quagsire

Lv. 28
Ability: Water Absorb
Holding: Quick Claw
Moveset
- Surf
- Headbutt
- Amnesia
- Mud Shot

Flop the Hasty Tentacruel

Lv. 30
Ability: Clear Body
Moveset
- Acid
- Toxic Spikes
- Barrier
- Surf

Chompy the Serious Feraligatr

Lv. 30
Ability: Torrent
Moveset
- Ice Fang
- Headbutt
- Agility
- Crunch

Palmy the Careful Ambipom

Lv. 32
Ability: Pickup
Moveset
- Shadow Claw
- Payback
- Double Hit
- Tickle

Dratnair the Calm Dragonair

Lv. 31
Ability: Shed Skin
Moveset
- Headbutt
- Thunder Wave
- Blizzard
- Aqua Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)