Challenge Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sapphire Nuzlocke

Okay, so I decided to try one of these Nuzlockes & actually aim to complete one this time, & avoid becoming inactive with it...

THE RULES
-Sapphire Version
-If a Pokemon Faints, it dies (Goes into a Cemetery Box)
-Can only catch the First Unowned (Pokemon that does not have data registered in the Pokedex) Wild Pokemon encountered in any given Route (Before obtaining the Pokedex/Poke Balls does not count, Shiny Pokemon & Gift Pokemon are exempt)
-Must Nickname caught Pokemon
-Legendaries may be caught, but cannot be used.

Okay, so with that done, a small, boring update.

So yeah, I am a boy, I name myself Random, & after going through all the boring pre-game shit, I have to save Professor Birch from a rabid Poochyena. So I grab a Poke Ball from his bag, & out comes...

Mudkip (M) - Lv:5

The mysterious Mudkip batters the Poochyena with consistent Tackle, & before long, Poochyena bit the dust. Birch thanks me, & decides I should keep it. So I do. Introducing...

Mudkip [Atlantean] (M)
Lv:5 | Torrent | Gentle

So, Atlantean & I begin the long journey. Meh Nature is meh, but I will have to put up with it. Battling, battling, battling, I reach May eventually, with a Level 8 Mudkip, & we battle...
Anti-climactic, but Three Tackles was all it took to take out her Treecko...

After that, I head back to Littleroot & get my Pokedex & Poke Balls. Yay! So I go to Route 101, & catch the first unowned Pokemon I see.

Wurmple [Great Moth] (M)
Lv:3 | Shield Dust | Mild

Why yes, I am a fan of YGO...Anyways, Great Moth stays in the party, as I go to Roue 103 & catch the first unowned Pokemon I see.

Zigzagoon [Racoon] (F)
Lv:3 | Pickup | Calm

Yay HM Slave...Racoon stays in the party as well, as I go to Route 102. Once again, I catch the first unowned Pokemon I see.

Lotad [Des Frog] (F)
Lv:3 | Rain Dish | Brave

Bleh, I box Des Frog, knowing it is useless for now, I then proceed to grind Atlantean to Level 9, & Great Moth & Racoon to Level 7 on Route 101. No one dies, & as Great Moth reaches Level 7...

Silcoon [Great Moth] (M)
Lv:7 | Shed Skin | Mild

Bleh, Naming Fail...But whatever. So once everyone was where they were, I moved on to Route 102. Racoon made quick work of the first two trainers, as Great Moth struggled against the second Youngster's Poochyena. So I switched in Atlantean to shrug it off, & the Tailow that followed. It took a Potion for Great Moth to get past the Lass Trainer's first Zigzagoon, & Racoon took care of the second. Arrived in Petalburg, stocked on Potions, Poke Balls, Antidotes, & Repels, & helped Wally catch a Ralts...Lucky bastard, I wonder how he even managed to level it when it only had Growl...Oh yeah, Struggle...

Then went to Route 104. Caught the first unowned Pokemon I see.

Wingull [Simorgh] (F)
Lv:4 | Keen Eye | Hasty

Simorgh goes in the box for now, but it should be useful more later on...

That is all for now, here is a status of my party.

Silcoon [Great Moth] (M)
Lv:8 | Shed Skin | Mild
Caught: Route 101
-Tackle
-String Shot
-Poison Sting
-Harden
---

Zigzagoon [Racoon] (F)
Lv:8 | Pickup | Calm
Caught: Route 103
-Tackle
-Growl
-Tail Whip
---

Mudkip [Atlantean] (M)
Lv:10 | Torrent | Gentle
Caught: Littleroot Town (Gift)
-Tackle
-Growl
-Mud-Slap
-Water Gun

Lotad [Des Frog] (F)
Caught: Route 102
-Astonish
-Growl
---

Wingull [Simorgh] (F)
Caught: Route 104
-Growl
-Water Gun
None.

That is all. Whee. Updates will be kept in my "Scramble Compendium", which can be found under Scramble Challenges in my Sig, or just below the Scramble Challange OP.

Fire Red Post 2

As I head North to use up some Pokeballs, I land in Route 1 and run into a Pidgey.

I'm pleased to find a Pidgey over a Rattata, and catch him easily.

I name him Relent, then notice his nature.. Quiet. Welp, I'll be boxing him. Possibly the worst nature, and no need to get desperate in using unwanted Pokemon just yet.

I then go to Route 22, West. And I'm unsure exactly what Pokemon are around. I think there are the Nidorans, a Mankey, Spearow, and Rattata.. so I am hoping for maybe the Mankey tbh.

Spearow shows itself, and as a flier would be nice, I attempt the catch.

I name her Peach, and am also pleased with the nature of her. Can put on some bulk during the journey for sure.

I do a bit of leveling up for Peach and Zippo.. hoping to get my team ready for my next battle vs Gary.. but unfortunately things start looking ugly early..

It's kind of tiring at how many critical hits fly around. You really can't take any battle for granted. It's kind of bullshit.. and now you know why I hate Rattata so much. A bit frustrated tbh.

I need a teammate.. anyone.. anything.. I head North to Route 2, hoping for anything.. just something that can hold it's own for a bit.

I run into Bindle the cute Weedle. Beedrill? Sure, I'll go with that. Hell yeah.

Well, like I mentioned before.. crits are running rampant.. especially when it takes 4-6 hits per Pokemon to faint.. so I guess the odds are higher. I never put Bindle into extremely dangerous battles.. but when a crit happens and your XP is already small compared to high levels, it's a drastic moment.

My journey so far, to change the past and re-write the history books is looking meek and depressing overall. Zippo the Charmander is very beast-like right now.. able to handle anything, and we're growing together well. But in order to become a Champion, we can't do it alone.

We head to the Forest, hoping for literally anything. The Forest has plenty of possibilities.. and I land next to a..

Welcome Wormy the Caterpie. It's not a Pikachu.. it's not a cool Beedrill, but it can be a quality Poke.

I travel back South to train, and although Wormy takes a while to get going.. evolves in almost no time, and becomes a Metapod [obv]

Once Wormy gets to level 9, I decide to take a chance vs Gary.

Tough move.

Wormy was not ready.. I was a bit too confident, and should have better prepared my team.

He was able to hit Pidgey a few times, but ultimately had to switch out to Zippo.. and allow him to pull out the match of his life in order for me to not lose one or even both of them. Squirtle thankfully knows no water-type attacks yet.. so it was a tackle v scratch battle. Which I ultimately won thanks to a few Tail Whips that just wasted turns.

This cannot happen again, need more composure. My ultimate downfall in every Nuzlocke.

I'm currently saved at the entrance of the Viridian Forest, preparing my travels towards Pewter City.

Since going back in time and getting back into the mix of battling and training, it's almost all brand new to me again. It's been such a long time since I've had to go on such a journey and honestly, I started out a lot better back then with my Squirtle. In no way am I regretting choosing Charmander, and in no way am I regretting traveling back in time to attempt to make the world a better place and to overthrown Gary.. it's just going to take a bit longer than expected.

@Phadunk: You're gonna get wrecked by Brock if you don't do some serious grinding. Also I believe the worst natures in the game are Lax & Gentle. Lowering one defensive stat to raise another is just stupid. Good luck to you though.

Fire Red Post 3

I head into the Forest with a level 11 Charmander and a level 9 Metapod. In order to give myself a fighting chance.. Charmander MUST get to level 13 to learn Metal Claw, and ultimately get to around lvl 14/15 to compete with Onix.

Almost as soon as I start traveling through the woods, Wormy evolves into it's final form.

Gets Confusion, and starts wrecking havoc.

I level up my team just a bit more, Zippo is level 14, and I know it's not ideal.. but I truly believe I can beat these guys as long as I am confident and straight-forward in my attacks. Wormy can hit them on the special side of things.. but being 4x weak to their type and moves.. no way can I risk this. This is going to be Zippo's match.. it's him or all hope is lost.

I will not be a coward and over-level my team just to get through the game.. it's time.

Geodude vs Zippo

Zippo comes out swinging.. and possibly the best moment in the match happened in the first attack. Metal Claw, atk rises. [FUCK YESSSSSSSSSS]

Geodude fortunately doesn't have any super-effective attacks at level 12, but if he did.. he didn't use them. Just a tackle. 2 Metal Claws and he's down.

Now for the main match..

Lvl 14 Onix vs Lvl 15 Charmander

Rock Tomb vs Metal Claw

All the odds vs none

Do you all want to know the MVP of this match? Rock Tombs 80% accuracy.

Onix didn't even touch me.. what incredible, hilarious, unbelievable luck. I do believe I would have survived at least one hit.. but honestly.. Onix missed 4 RTombs in a row.. and I just kept slashing away.

You just can't make up this kind of luck. Wild stuff.

It was one of the most incredible things in a battle, and it was the single most stressful battle I've ever been a part of. I had no other options.. I had NONE. It was just Zippo and I. Our bond is definitely growing strong. We know what we need to do to change the world for the better. If we fail.. all is lost. I think I saw it in Zippo's eye.. he knows how important this journey is, even if he has no clue what is going on in "another world" and another time.

This is me bending Brock over, after the match. It was a good double-climax after the rocking I gave him.

Zippo is still pretty stubborn.. which is why he forced his way to not evolve. I don't know what he's up to..

Time to continue on.. East.

New teammates are on the horizon.

/save file, rest up​

Are you sure? Everywhere including in-game says 80%.

But yes.. ridiculous luck. I was definitely screwed if they hit. Shouldn't take that risk again.

Standard rules:
1). Catch first pokemon you see.
2). No pokemon count towards Rule 1 until I recieve Pokeballs.
3). No Duplicates
4). Faint => Cemetary Box
5). Catch all shinies ASAP!!
6). Kill all Legendaries
7). Allow Gift Pokemon
8). Unlimited PokeCenter usage
9). Unlimited PC Usage

Now that the rules are done, here's Chapter 4!

• As I leave Goldenrod and take my first steps onto Route 34, I take note of how weak the trainers are.
  • Not only to I humiliate Camper Elliot in battle in front of his girlfriend, Picknicker Brooke, but she rubs it in by saying that she knows that he's weak and that she relies on her pokemon more than him!
  • Ok, its official! WingBlade is getting Boxed right now! It can barely 3KO a LV. 11 Magmar at LV. 20.
  • The first pokemon that I meet on Route 34 is Toxin the Rash Nidoran(M)! Sadly, he has Rivalry, but that can come in handy occasionally. I don't believe that there are any Moon Stones close by at this stage of the game and Mom is too unreliable. Depending on how early I get the Moon Stone, Toxin may very well join my team.
  • After looking over what pokemon that I can catch in the National park and the Bug Catching Contest gives me better mons. I have a chance for Scyther, Pinsir, and Venonat. Sadly, I also have a chance for the Weedle line.....that would be just sad.... At least I can ignore the Caterpie and Paras lines as I already have those :D
  • $%#!$$#@$^#^$!!!!!! Its a Freaking Weedle!! WHY?!?!?! Anyway, I name the Quirky Weedle Pointer and procede to Box it.....
  • I grab the Quick Claw and hand it to Volt, my slowest teammate.
  • I enter Route 36 and place Specz front and Center. I need his Sleep Powder to place Sudowoodo to sleep so that Spike can chip away with unstabbed NVE moves.
  • NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! At the cost of Volt's life, I catch Willow the Lonely Sudowoodo. That thing Crit Flailed my poor Volt ;_;
  • Anyway, I replace Volt with Willow. At least Willow has Rock Head as an ability. I can Relearn it Wood Hammer later.
  • I head up to Route 37. I hope that I can get a good pokemon as a friend.
  • Well, well, well, the first pokemon I meet is Prongs the Adamant Stantler. This looks pretty good. It makes me feel much better after the loss of Volt.
  • After meeting Bill in Ecruteak City, I'm going to head back to Goldenrod to get that free Eevee. If the nature is good, I might just get me an Espeon, Jolteon, or Vaporeon. I'm gonna stay far away from Flareon and Umbreon.
  • I get to Goldenrod and recieve Morph the Modest Eevee!!! I see an Espeon in my future!!
  • After an endless length of time riding my bike everywhere, Morph finally becomes happy enough to evolve into Espeon!!
  • After grinding Morph to LV. 15 so he learns Confusion, I decided that he is now strong enough to battle pokemon like Stantler.
  • Before I continue training Morph, I place Specz up front and enter the Burned Tower. Lets hope for something good.
  • I catch Methane the Adamant (Crap!) Koffing. Looks like I won't be using him. To the Box he goes!
  • I now head out to Route 38. In total, I have a 9% chance to catch a Bovine god. I'll cross my fingers as I take the first step into the grass....
  • Well, despite the luck generated by my crossed fingers, I meet Vermin the Bashful Raticate. Well, there are two more Routes where I can catch a Bovine god. I'll keep my fingers crossed until then.
  • This Nuzlocke likes to troll me..... I got impaitent and ran to Route 39 in the hopes of getting a Miltank/Tauros. I got Shocker the Quiet Magnemite instead. The very next path of grass I walk into produces a Miltank...... Why me? Anyway, Magneton are pretty good....but I can't get a Magnezone...
  • Well, I guess its time to train up Morph and Shocker. I need me a good electric type after Volt's death.
  • After a bit of training to get Morph and Shocker up to par with the rest of my team, I head to the Ecruteak Dance Theater. Sadly, we don't see the elegant and beautiful dancers. Instead, we see a horrible Team Rocket member drunkenly dancing about. I think we should do something about that.
  • Magma procedes to OHKO the Rocket Grunt's Koffing with Fire Blast and, after the grunt runs off, some old man give me the HM, Surf. After healing my team once more, I head up to the Burned Tower again to fight Nuzlock.
Trainer King VS Rival Nuzlock!!

Trainer King's Party:

VS​
Rival Nuzlock's Party:

As I go into this battle, I take note of how easy this will be. 1/2 my team are poweful FEs, 1/6 is Butterfree, and 1/3 are pretty good NFEs. My rival's team is very frail and weak. Unless something goes horribly wrong, I should come out of this battle unscathed. I will begin with Magma as he can easily 1-2HKO Gastly.
VS
Ok, its time to Flame Wheel this ghosty.
Rival Nuzlock sent out Gastly!
Trainer King sent out Magma!
Magma used Flame Wheel!
Gastly Fainted!
Nuzlock sent out Croconaw!
Trainer King withdrew Magma!
Trainer King sent out Shocker!​
VS
This is good. I single Flame Wheel took out Gastly. Now, its time for my newest teammate to prove its worth in battle. Its SE stab ThunderShock should be more than enough to 2KO Croconaw.
Croconaw used Water Gun!
Shocker used ThunderShock!​
VS
One ThunderShock did way over 50% damage and Croconaw's Water Gun only did 10 damage. This should be a breeze.
Croconaw used Scary Face!
Shocker used ThunderShock!
Croconaw Fainted!
Rival Nuzlock sent out Zubat!
Trainer King withdrew Shocker!
Trainer King sent out Morph!​
VS
Morph's power has grown tremendiously during training. After this easy OHKO of this Zubat, I believe that Morph can take out Nuzlock's Magnemite while taking minimal damage in return.
Morph used Confusion!
Zubat Fainted!
Rival Nuzlock sent out Magnemite!​
VS
Morph outlevels his Magnemite by 4 levels. I believe that a Confusion or two will end this battle.
Morph used Confusion!
Magnemite used Thunder Wave!
Morph was Paralyzed!
Morph's Scyncronize paralyzed Magnemite!​
VS
Depending on the Para Rolls, this may not be the 2KO that I was originally hoping for.
Morph used Confusion!
Magnemite fainted!​

Nevermind, it was a 2KO like I predicted ^_^

• Anyway, after my rival puts me down for his own defeat, I head deeper into the tower to scare off the Legendary Beasts and battle a couple of trainers.
  • *Sigh* Poor Specz. I believe that this is the end of the road for him. He is having difficulty 2-3KOing most foes. Sorry buddy, but I am going to have to Box you :(​
  • I just had a minor heart attack while grinding to battle Morty. Magma took a Raticate's Critical Hyper Fang with just 3HP remaining O_O​
  • Just going to note that training Shocker would have been impossible if it weren't for that Smoke Ball that came with the capture of Methane. Other Magnemite's Magnet Pull would have killed me >_>​
  • Do you guys want to know what I find truely amazing? I find that the amount of Tauros and Miltank sightings increase dramatically in a Nuzlocke AFTER you miss capturing said pokemon on that Route....​
  • After taking forever to grind my team up to par to Morty, I walk down to Route 42 to get Strength and Shadow Claw.​
  • The combined efforts of Magma and Shocker take out the Gym trainers with a little backup from Willow.​
Trainer King VS Gym Leader Morty!!

Trainer King's Party:

VS​
Leader Morty's Party:

Ok, as I go into this battle, I analyze my foe's team. 3/4 of Morty's team can use Curse, 3/4 can place me in a Curse-Mean Look trap, and half his team has Hypnosis. This looks to be an incredibley haxy battle. I am going to begin with Spike against his Gastly.
Leader Morty sent out Gastly!
Trainer King sent out Spike!​
VS
Gastly will either use Mean Look, Lick, Spite, or Curse. If he uses Mean Look or Spite, it will be a free kill for Spike. If he uses Curse, the kill is 100% guarenteed. If he uses Lick, he could leave me paralyzed. This is both good and bad. I will gain the Guts boost and an immunity to Hypnosis, but my every move will be a coin toss. I'll go ahead and use my secret weapon.
Spike used Shadow Claw!
Gastly fainted!
Leader Morty sent out Haunter!​
VS
What a suprise! Spike was faster! This works out very well for me. Sadly, Morty sent out his Hypnosis-Dream Eater-Nightmare-Curse Haunter. I really hope that I am faster because Curse will force me to switch next turn, but will give me a kill. If Hypnosis hits, I will have to switch to Morph. This Haunter as no SE moves against him.
Spike used Shadow Claw!
Haunter Fainted!
Leader Morty sent out Gengar!​
VS
Once again I an very suprised by this outcome. Sadly, Morty has decided that playtime is over and brought out his Trump Card, Gengar. Although Spike outsped both Gastly and Haunter, I have extreme doubts that he'll outspeed his Gengar. I rather hope that he uses Sucker Punch or Mean Look as Spike will deal a ton of damage. Spike has a pretty good Sp.Def, so I think he can tank a Shadow Ball. My only worry is Hypnosis. Lets hope it misses or he decides not to use it.
Gengar used Hypnosis!
Spike fell asleep!
Spike is Fast Asleep!​
VS
Curses!! Well, I stocked up on Super Potions before this battle and even have a Hyper Potion. I will try to coax Spike from his nap.
Gengar used Shadow Ball!
Spike's Sp.Def fell!
Spike is fast asleep!​
VS
D***!! He got the Sp.Def drop! I have no choice but to send in Shocker and heal Spike.
Trainer King withdrew Spike!
Trainer King sent out Shocker!
Gengar used Shadow Ball!​
VS
Ok, Shadow Ball didn't do a whole lot. I think that Shocker can survive a second and throw out a Thunder Wave. With Gengar crippled, I can heal Shocker and Spike.
Gengar used Mean Look!
Shocker used Thunder Wave!​
VS
Hmm....this throws a wrench into my plans. I really hope that Shocker can survive, but I highly doubt it. I'll have to wittle away at its health.
VS
Shocker survived with 5HP remaining. I'll have to Super Potion and hope for some Para-hax.
Trainer King used Super Potion!
VS
Shadow Ball did about 23 damage out of 53. Shocker can surely survive a second and get off an attack.
Gengar's Sitrus Berry restored its HP!
Gengar used Hypnosis!
Shocker fell asleep!​
VS
Crap, crap, crap, crap!!! Shocker's going to have to fight his way out of this mess.
Shocker is Fast Asleep!
Gengar is Paralyzed! It can't move!​
VS
Ok, nothing happened. Lets hope for a fast awakening from Shocker.
Shocker is Fast Asleep!
VS
Here's me hoping for some more Para-hax!
VS
Wake up, Shocker!!!
Shocker Woke up!
Gengar used Shadow Ball!
Shocker's Sp.Def fell!​
VS
I am going to heal and hope for Para-hax and see how much damage is done if he uses Shadow Ball again. This looks like Shocker's last stop.
Gengar is Paralyzed! It can't move!​
VS
YES!! I'll take this moment while Shocker is at full health to use my only Full Heal on Spike. I hope that Gengar is paralyzed again.
Trainer King used Full Heal on Spike!
Spike became healthy!
Gengar is paralyzed! It can't move!​
VS
I think that someone upstairs loves me!! Shocker is still at full health, Gengar is paralyzed and Spike is awake! Lets do some damage, Shocker!
VS
Shocker is still alive and Gengar is in critical health. I believe that a Super Potion is coming up, so I'll risk an attack.
Leader Morty used a Hyper Potion!
Shocker used ThunderShock!​
VS
I see no way out of this unless I spam Super Potions until Gengar runs out of PP for Shadow Ball. By my last count, he has used 8/15. That will leave me with 7 more to survive unless Para-hax kicks in. You know, I think I will try it. I really want Shocker to survive, but I can't let my hopes be too high for him.
VS
Ok, lets deal a little bit of damage while the good times last.
VS
WOOT!! Lets do this a second time!! Come on, HAX GODS!!
VS
AGAIN!! YAY!! One more ThunderShock!!
Gengar fainted!
Leader Morty sent out Haunter!
Trainer King withdrew Shocker!
Trainer King sent out Spike!​
VS
This is the final bout! This one's going down!!
Spike used Shadow Claw!
Haunter fainted!​

• I immedietly run to the pokemon Center and save. This was my closest battle so far and I was scared half to death! See you next time as I take on Chuck!​
Willow the Sudowoodo

Nature: Lonely
Location Found: Route 36
Item: Quick Claw
Ability: Rock Head
Level: 25
Stats: 77/68/57/22/40/28
Moves:
- Rock Throw
- Headbutt
- Faint Attack
- Low Kick
Although she murdered Volt in her capture, she has proven her worth as being a tough mon to take out. She has high damage output and good coverage.

Spike the Heracross

Nature: Serious
Location Found: Azalea Town
Item: None
Ability: Guts
Stats: 79/72/46/30/58/56
Moves:
- Brick Break
- Headbutt
- Shadow Claw
- Aerial Ace
The best coverage, the best bulk, and the most relaible power. This is the powerhouse of my team. From the moment that I caught Spike, he has destroyed any non-flying types. He even has perfect neutral coverage in Shadow Claw & Brick Break!!

Morph the Espeon

Nature: Modest
Location Found: Goldenrod City
Item: Shell Bell
Ability: Synchronize
Stats: 74/40/35/80/54/69
Moves:
- Confusion
- Headbutt
- Quick Attack
- Sand Attack
This little guy, though pretty much a mono-attacker with Confusion, is the find that I have been wanting!! His fraility has scared me in the past, but he pulled through and became one of my main powerhouses. I expect him to take out Chuck with ease.

Magma the Quilava

Nature: Lax
Location Found: New Bark Town
Item: Charcoal
Ability: Blaze
Level: 26
Stats: 70/45/40/53/41/53
Moves:
- Fire Blast
- Flame Wheel
- Headbutt
- Quick Attack
Its midgame now and his lack of stats are starting to show. I hope that he can survive for 10 more levels because he is starting to slow down.

Shocker the Magnemite

Nature: Quiet
Location Found: Route 39
Item: Smoke Ball
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 26
Stats: 53/31/49/61/41/32
Moves:
- ThunderShock
- Spark
- SonicBoom
- Thunder Wave
Shocker was certainly a shocker in my battle against Morty!! To think that a puny Magnemite could take on a Gengar and not only survive, but win!! Lets hope that thsi isn't his peak preformence.

'Lil Boom the Jolly Geodude

Venus the Lax Bellsprout

Sara the Sassy Zubat

Sandy the Quiet Sandshrew

Fluffy the Naive Hoppip

Alice the Careful Slowpoke

Shrooms the Lax Paras

Heater the Naive Slugma

Dreamy the Brave Drowzee

WingBlade the Lax Pidgeotto

Toxin the Rash Nidoran(M)

Pointer the Quirky Weedle

Prongs the Adamant Stantler

Methane the Adamant Koffing

Vermin the Bashful Raticate

Specz the Quiet Butterfree

??? the Togepi Egg (Decided that since I already got the Slugma egg from Primo, I'll leave this one alone.)

Volt the Flaaffy

Died from a Critical Flail during the capture of Willow the Sudowoodo.

Fire Red Post 4

I take my trusty Charmander.. the "rock killer", and my Butterfree who has so many status options.. East of Pewter City towards Mt Moon to work my way to Cerulean City. I battle a few trainers.. build up my pokes a bit, then head into the wild grass. I want a Nidoran M/F.. would be awesome.

I get faced against a..

Jigglypuff.. Lol.. well, I caught her. And named her Kensey after my fiance who thought it was cute.

I don't expect a single thing from this pink ball, but maybe it will be good just to take a bunch of hits for me with that HP.

I head to the PC next to Mt Moon entrance and talk to a salesman.

He sounds convincing.. so why not? I have some money to spare.

Krak the Magikarp

A wasted nature, but either way, at the moment.. I don't feel like taking the time to raise up a Magikarp.. so boxed it goes.

I enter the Mountain, and instantly get into a battle with a Zubat.. I decide that I'm not interested in any of the Pokemon in here, so continue to slaughter anything in sight. I run into so many Clefairy.. why couldn't you be my Jigglypuff!

My Pokemon are all leveling up quite well.. but still.. although Zippo is leveling up, he continues to not evolve.. possibly scared of change?

The side-battle in this journey has officially begun.

Team Rocket shows their face for the first time.. looks like I'll have to handle them as I continue my pursuit to become Champion.

As I leave Mt Moon, I get stopped by a Fossil Collector, and after Wormy defeats him easily.. I get to choose a possible teammate for the future.

I store it in my Item Bag as there is no chance of evolving it any time soon. [Pewter or Cinnibar? Idk which Res-erect them]

As I leave the Mountain, I run into some kung-fu fighters.. Mega Punch or Mega Kick are available to be taught to a few of my Pokemon. It's a shame it can only be taught once.. kind of stupid imo.. but whatever.

I decide Zippo would be the best choice, and MP would be the best move. Higher PP and better accuracy.

I am currently saved at the PC in Cerulean City, I haven't went into any of the wild grass or fought anyone around the city.. so stay tuned.

Btw, Jigglypuff is actually pretty fun to use.. It's not amazing by any means.. but it's a handful with Cute Charm, Sing, Disable, high HP, and 'Pound'age

All 3 of my Pokemon are between level 18-20, so good balance. Now it's just time to work on coverage.. hopefully the Nuzlocke Gods shine down on me once again and help me in this journey.. for the sake of the world.

/tbcontinued​

I would have let Jigglypuff have Mega Punch, give it some strong STAB until you get the Return TM.

And why not evolve her at Mt. Moon?

Well, for one.. I didn't want to waste Mega Punch on a Pokemon that has a high chance of death.

And two, Jigglypuff will need to stay a'jiggly until she learns a few more moves. I do have two Moon Stones though..no worries.

your run looks okay for right now, but i would over-level misty, her starmie is a bitch ‹.‹'

*EDIT* and you revive the fossil and amber at cinnabar, you get the aerodactyl amber from going in the back of the pewter museum. At least, i think you do in firered, or that may be just in yellow :/

Yeah, like Brock.. I'll need to find a way to get past this gym without losing anyone. The first two gyms are the biggest tasks for me, for obvious reasons. And yeah, thanks for the fossil info]

Fire Red Post 5

After taking a rest at the Pokemon Center I am aware of my limited team. With Gary, the Nugget Bridge, and Misty all in one for a huge test.. I go to Route 4, West of the city to see what reveals itself.

Fear the Rattata. I'm not a big fan of Rattata at all.. in fact, I hate the fuck. But it's what showed up, and I am glad to add it to my squad. Welcome.

I've begun to train it and craft it into a killing machine, and slowly but surely it learns the dangerous move, Hyper Fang. I decide to let it sit at level 13 while I go straight to Gary for the intense battle.

Before I do though.. I feel a nudge on my side. Zippo's Pokeball is shaking.

This has never happened before and I wonder what's going on. I let him out and to my surprise he starts to glow..

HOLY SHIT YESSSSSSSSSS!!

Zippo you sexy beast.

It seems as though Zippo sensed the fact that major battles were up ahead and felt determined to prove that we're more than just "okay", we're resilient and determined for greatness. Him and I are truly growing a great partnership together.

My team feels ready for the task at hand.

We have my lvl 19 Jigglypuff, lvl 20 Wormy, and lvl 20 Charmeleon. With lvl 13 Rattata sitting at the back, safely.

The battle starts with Zippo vs Pidgeotto.
vs

I lay down a Mega Punch and it does 50%, while I took a QAttack first. Afraid of missing with MP's 85% acc, I use Ember. Gary plays smart and quickly switches to Squirtle who takes the hit like a champ.

vs

I don't feel confident right now, but know there is one Pokemon who will either be death fodder, or be bulky enough to take on the high leveled Squirtle.

vs

I switch in Jigglypuff, and absorb a Water Gun.

[Actual Jigglypuff using Rollout]
With my newly acquired 'Rollout', I know it is my best option, and truly only option if I want to bring Squirtle down. Squirtle continues to switch between Water Gun and Withdraw, getting a crit WG in the process, while Kensey is gaining momentum with Rollout. When the 4th Rollout comes.. it's a very powerful hit.. and with 4HP left of Kensey's life.. it KO's Squirtle..

THANK THE LORD.

From then on, it's the Zippo show. I finish off Pidgeotto, take out the weak Rattata, then finish off the teleporting Abra.

It was quite a battle, and I'm pleased there were no casualties.. when in fact, there could have been a few.

I take his bitch money and save the file. I now plan on going through the Nugget Bridge and level Fear up a bit for more coverage vs Misty.. then testing my luck in the wild grass.

Until next time.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sapphire Nuzlocke Update #2

Well, yeah, I should update this Nuzlocke, shall I?

Update #1
THE RULES
-Sapphire Version
-If a Pokemon Faints, it dies (Goes into a Cemetery Box)
-Can only catch the First Unowned (Pokemon that does not have data registered in the Pokedex) Wild Pokemon encountered in any given Route (Before obtaining the Pokedex/Poke Balls does not count, Shiny Pokemon & Gift Pokemon are exempt)
-Must Nickname caught Pokemon
-Legendaries may be caught, but cannot be used.

Okay, now, from where I left off in Petalburg, I decided that Great Moth the Silcoon & Racoon the Zigzagoon were lacking...Racoon only having an Attack stat of 9 at Level 8... 6.6
So I went to Route 102 & beefed the two up to Level 9, before heading out to Route 104. The Youngster on the Route was a bit easy to dispatch, it was a matter of Racoon attacking until Bide came out, in which case, spam Tail Whip, Headbutt making things easier, as Seedot went down. Atlantean the Mudkip took care of the Tailow, then I moved on, defeating the Rich Boy's Zigzagoon with Great Moth roughing up, before Atlantean finished the job. After that, it was time to enter Petalburg Woods.

First things first, & first up in the woods was the wild Pokemon, so I go into the grass, & catch the first unowned Pokemon I see, wasting 2 Poke Balls in the process.

Slakoth [Behemoth] (M)
Lv:5 | Truant | Lax
-Scratch
-Yawn

Bleh, bad Nature is bad, so I box Behemoth. Back into the woods I go, & I take on the Bug Catcher with the 6 Wurmples. It was nothing Great Moth could not handle, who solos them with ease. But after the battle...

Beautifly [Great Moth] (M)
Lv:10 | Swarm | Mild
-Tackle
-Absorb
-Poison Sting
-Harden

Whee, a good Pokemon this early! Shortly after, I find myself forced into battle against a Team Aqua Grunt by some incompetent businessman, of which, Great Moth makes quick work of. After that, it was then time to move further up the woods, with Great Moth handling the other Bug Catcher well, before leaving the forest.

Route 104 North saw me level up Atlantean another level against the Lady with the Zigzagoon, before Racoon struggled against the Lass with the Lotad & Shroomish, but got out alive. Next came the twins, who fell to Atlantean & Racoon's consistent ramming. Finally, Racoon handled the Fisherman, before arriving in Rustboro City. In Rustboro, I stock up, get the Cut HM & Quick Claw, before moving onto Route 116.

Route 116 started with a Bug Catcher battle, whom Great Moth soloed, before I caught the first unowned Pokemon I see.

Nincada [Ninja] (M)
Lv:6 | Compoundeyes | Lax
-Scratch
-Harden
-Leech Life

Another shitty nature, & being weak, I box Ninja for now. Great Moth handled the Youngster with the Zigzagoon & Machop, before Atlantean entered "Mass Leveling Mode", taking care of the Lass with the Marill, before roflstomping the Hiker with the Three Geodude. I then went into Rusturf Tunnel to get a Whismur, so I got the first one I saw.

Whismur [Tuner] (M)
Lv:7 | Soundproof | Timid
-Pound
-Uproar

With that done, I returned to Rustboro & went to take on the Gym. Atlantean roflstomped the two Gym Trainers, when suddenly...

Marshtomp [Atlantean] (M)
Lv:16 | Torrent | Gentle
-Tackle
-Growl
-Mud Shot
-Water Gun

Whee. I then took on Roxanne. Atlantean was too strong. The relentless Water Gun spam proved too for Roxanne, that not even a stream of Potions could stop Atlantean from getting over Geodude & Nosepass. First Badge, Whee! After that, I leave the Gym & see the same incompetent businessman complain about stolen papers...Whatever.

Anyways, that is all for the update. Team update now.

Beautifly [Great Moth] (M)
Lv:12 | Swarm | Mild
Caught: Route 101
-Tackle
-Absorb
-Poison Sting
-Harden
---

Zigzagoon [Racoon] (F)
Lv:12 | Pickup | Calm
Caught: Route 103
-Tackle
-Growl
-Tail Whip
-Headbutt
---

Marshtomp [Atlantean] (M)
Lv:17 | Torrent | Gentle
Caught: Littleroot Town (Gift)
-Tackle
-Growl
-Mud Shot
-Water Gun

Lotad [Des Frog] (F)
Caught: Route 102
-Astonish
-Growl
---

Wingull [Simorgh] (F)
Caught: Route 104
-Growl
-Water Gun
---

Slakoth [Behemoth] (M)
Lv:5 | Truant | Lax
Caught: Petalburg Woods
-Scratch
-Yawn
---

Nincada [Ninja] (M)
Lv:6 | Compoundeyes | Lax
Caught: Route 116
-Scratch
-Harden
-Leech Life
---

Whismur [Tuner] (M)
Lv:7 | Soundproof | Timid
Caught: Rusturf Tunnel
-Pound
-Uproar
None.

Update Done. Anyone in the box actually worth using?

Heh wow, all of you peoples' tales are so... well just great! I must say though after seeing so many people try gen 3 games i'm starting to get really inspired to try one. XD I went found all of mine (since the stores no longer sell gameboy games -_- ) and turns out I have them all. Once I finish my nuzlocke of pokemon soulsilver i'll most likely try one of the gen 3 games, deciding between emerald and leaf green ... hard choices. ( Emerald in my opinion is better than ruby and saphire )

And hey let the guy use whatever, XD while it's about strategy it's about trying new pokemon too no matter how crappy they may be :3

Good luck to all of you starting new nuzlockes as well, gonna be fun ;)

Emerald just got so boring for me.. after a point I just wasn't feeling it. Which sucks because i have 30hrs on it(again)..and have some fun pokes.

The beginnings of Nuzlocke's are always the most fun, since you are starting from scratch. Once you get to the late game it slows down cause your teams are already established

Well, an update's far overdue, but I'm too lazy right now to type up a full update (Not much to type anyway). Basically, the whole chapter would pretty much be Heraboss practically soloing the Kimono Girls (With the exception of Espeon. That thing was freaking annoying). Basically, here's how it went:
I'm using Heraboss.
Umbreon: OHKO'd
Espeon: Too long, but made it with Clappy
Flareon: OHKO'd
Jolteon: OHKO'd
Vaporeon: 2HKO'd
So that's that. And I don't really need to make a new team roster thing 'cause nothing's changed (Unless Heraboss growing a level justifies creating another one). But, since I really have nothing better to do, I'll just jot down my team members quicklike.
-Blaster (Typhlosion) Lv. 41
-Landslide (Golem) Lv. 41
-Edward (Crobat) Lv. 41
-Egg 'em! (Exeggutor) Lv. 41
-Clappy (Dewgong) Lv. 41
-Heraboss (What else could be nicknamed 'Heraboss'?) Lv. 41
So what do you guys think? I'm estimating I can get maybe two levels on each 'mon as I journey to Victory Road, but I'm unsure as to how much grinding I should do to prepare for the E4. I'm thinking getting everyone up to Lv. 50 would be safe, but who wants to spend who knows how much time grinding six Pokemon up seven levels? I certainly don't. Opinions welcome :)
Also, I probably won't have another update for a while, since I'm taking a break from Nuzlocking to challenge the Battle Frontier in Emerald, but I might put up my fight with Lugia and my E4 challenge at least. Not that it really matters to anyone, but...fyi.

^

I'll second DM's claim that Heracross kicks butt!!! Spike was the sole reason I didn't have a single loss against Whitney.

Anyway, I'd say that LV. 50 is a good idea. Hopefully your friends will be ready :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)