Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Its sad that the thread that inspired so many players by you Jumpman are now being pushed away by your aggression about this. Instead of being mature and simply explaining your set you decide to lunge into a full blown personal argument.
Wait, who's pushed away, the guy with seven spoiler-tag–riddled posts who had said before I even read got to his 1,700-word "diary entry" that he probably wasn't going to return anyway? Self-admitted lurkers like you who wouldn't even post if not to shine upon us with brilliant white knighting? This thread, for whatever reason, has been dead for months, and that's the sad part.

If I wanted to, I could argue that his posts have pushed people away more than my response to his one about my team later did or may. That post sat awkwardly unaddressed to for over a month before I got to it. His similar dismissal of the Truant strategy as "1,000-win viable" would surely not encourage me as an outsider to want to post here, if I were almost certain of being "greeted" with skepticism and nitpicks and criticism if I achieved any success. Regardless, I doubt ntrnsc would even had had much of a reason to offer his odd, unprompted criticism of a team and record that had been established months prior if the people you're referring to (people who you would have us believe I have pushed away) were even a fraction as active as I was before I went to graduate school.

I essentially exclusively post in this thread, and have for two years and its earliest iterations in which I singlehandedly had a good 10% of the posts. I will therefore express remorse for "tarnishing this thread" by not making more of an attempt to keep this thread alive in the past several months (other than my "self-sufficient subway pokemon" attempt at discussion-sparking) a hundred times faster than I will for however defensive or aggressive I've come across to one poster in the past few days. Please don't try to implicate my posting style, which has hardly changed since I joined, as a reason why some throng of inspired yet reticent players are and have been wary of contributing.

If you have anything relating to the Subway you want to add to this thread, Tomaius, please, by all means, contribute. I have teams and ideas I've been planning to post for some time, but by now we shouldn't need me to encourage other people to post here, should we?

BW Battle Subway Super Doubles Streak of 224

Yesterday I finished my biggest streak yet! I feel so happy now as I almost managed to break into the top 10. This team is good, but certainly not flawless as I started having lots of close calls after I reached the 200 mark. I might give it another go, but I don't really see this team going further than 300 due to its obvious flaws.

Here's the team:

Mamoswine (M) "Alessi"
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Adamant
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: HP 4, Att 252, Spd 252
Stats: 186/200/100/81/80/132
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Rock Slide

Zapdos "Regan"
Item: Wide Lens
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Modest
IVs: 29/xx/31/29/30/28
EVs: HP 100, Def 4, Sp. Att 156, Spd 248
Stats: 177/98/106/180/110/150
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Air Cutter
- Signal Beam

I wanted to try out a team with the Discharge-Earthquake combo and first went with Landorus but soon realised it was much weaker, ice weak, lacked priority and had an overall inferior damage output. I then realised Mamoswine was gonna be the perfect replacement and I'd even wanted to try it out for the longest time so I gave it a go.

Mamoswine performed brilliantly and Thick Fat makes it even better, eliminating the fear of fire types and making ice teams very easy to handle. The moves are obvious, Rock Slide over Superpower for doubles to hit both opponents and Icicle Crash over Spear for more damage. Granted my first streak with a Snow Cloak Mamo ended at 103 due to IC missing.

Zapdos completes the combo and comes with two other moves that hit multiple foes. Zapdos doesn't have too much offensive investment, but just enough to make use of these moves. I just threw on the EVs because I was way too lazy to calculate the Sp. Att needed to take down specific foes. A bit more might've been nice to ease taking down Walrein and other bulky water pals in two hits. It has just enough bulk to survive Froslass' and Cryogonal's Blizzards which I think is cool enough.

Metagross "Galadriel"
Item: Air Balloon
Ability: Clear Body
IVs: 31/31/31/xx/31/31
EVs: HP 252, Att 172, Def 4, Sp. Def 76 Spd 4
Stats: 187/194/151/103/120/91
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Protect

Metagross suffers from the same problem as Zapdos. I just slapped on some EVs hoping for the best. Meteor Miss is lovely as ever and one of the reasons along with Zen Headbutt why this team wont get too far. I got lucky and almost all misses happened in matches where I was in no danger at all. I will never let go of Meteor Miss as it again proved itself to be on my side.

Around 180 I got into a bad situation being left with just Milotic and Metagross against a Slowbro and a Mismagius. I would've been just fine, but Mismagius used Perish Song and I had only three turns to kill them with nothing but resisted moves. I got lucky when Scald burned Slowbro on the first turn and Meteor Miss hit every time smashing the opposition to the stars.

Protect is too important for this team to replace with coverage. It lets me Earthquake and Discharge even after the Balloon is gone, which doesn't even happen that often. A strong stab in this case is better than a weak coverage move hence Zen Headbutt.

Milotic (F) "Ivanka"
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Bold
IVs: 31/xx/31/31/30/31
EVs: HP 252, Def 252, Sp. Att 4
Stats: 202/58/144/121/145/101
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic

Milotic is just Milotic. It can take almost anything and dish out just enough damage to be useful and also Toxic stall. Metagross' Protect helps with stall too. I should probably change that extra point from Sp. Att to Speed to outspeed other Milotic and Gyarados, but never gotten around to it. I also have the vaguest recollection of once upon a time reading somewhere that the extra point ensures a KO on some form of Salamence. A very, very vague recollection, which probably means I made it up.

I can't really remember how I lost as I'd been going straight for hours and hours and was a nervous wreck from at least five close calls that almost gave me a heart attack. I was facing a legendary team and a Terrakion was my undoing, which I always expect with any team. There's no way to stop it. I missplayed badly as Terrakion Stone Edged Zapdos as I Icicle Crashed Latios. Terrakion had always before targetted Mamo so I assumed it'd do the same this time as well and I could just Discharge twice to kill it. What sealed my fate was Virizion Leaf Blading the life out of Milotic.

The closest call I had before this was around 145 iirc. I was left against Kingdra 4 and Blissey 4 with just Metagross with 77 HP. Somehow I managed to Protect and attack through 15 turns and take them both out. It was just incredible, and another reason why I won't ever give Meteor Miss and Zen Headbutt up.

What made this team the most fun use was the fact that all of these Pokémon are some my absolute favourites. A record achieved with Pokémon I'm forcing myself to like such as Heatran and Ferrothorn wouldn't mean as much to me.

I decided to give Truant Durant a shot, alongside Moody Smeargle and MoxieMence. Well, my Durant / Smeargle / Salamence team finally lost after a nice round streak of 75, due to something along the lines of a misclick. I was carelessly watching tv while playing and pressed the wrong button which led to my demise. It was against a Veteran with Articuno / Terrakion / something else. This annoyed me because I've destroyed these pokemon time and time again.

The battle went like this: I sent out Durant, he sent out Articuno, blah blah Entrainment. Next turn we both loafed. Then I must've accidentally switched in Smeargle, who ate an Ice Gem Blizzard for the KO. Bewildered, I send in Durant, who barely missed the 1HKO on Articuno with Rock Slide and 2HKO'd instead. The veteran sent out Terrakion, who easily took a Rock Slide and then KO'd with Close Combat. I switch in Salamence, who is 1HKO'd by Stone Edge. That's game.

If I wasn't watching tv then the battle would've been a piece of cake and might have even reached 100 wins. And maybe if I told Durant to use Iron Head instead of Rock Slide I could've won too. I'll keep trying until I reach a higher streak though, hopefully at least 100.

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Truant
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Entrainment / Rock Slide / X-Scissor / Iron Head

Smeargle @ Leftovers
Ability: Moody
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Protect / Sub / Spore / Baton Pass

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Naive
Moves: Draco Meteor / Outrage / EQ / Flamethrower

Edit: forgot to mention: Truant Durant is from BW2, but was traded back to the original BW for this streak.

I'm currently playtesting a team for BW2 subway. I call it Team Yawn, that's how slow and stally it is! It's pretty much my old Ferrothorn (slightly different moveset), my old Chansey and ntrscn's idea of Gliscor, except my current one has a bit different EVs. I'm only at 57 wins so far, but I've noticed that so far there were no "close" battles. Not a single one. I'm always in control from start to finish. One time a silly Dragonite tried to freeze hax his way through my ferro and chansey, but ran out of PP lol.

I'll try reaching at least 100 wins or so, and continue this in subway. With a "proper" Gliscor this time, hopefully.

Yesterday I played the subway again, which was some time ago. I used my tailwind team (Heracross, Tornadus, Metagross, Hydreigon) and lost in wierdest and best battle I have ever seen from an AI.

Turn 1

Fisherman Fird Send out Slowking and Politoed

Heracross Protect
Tornadus Acrobatics Slowking (in red)
Politoed Waterfall Tornadus (89/155)
Slowking Trick Room

Turn2
Heracross switched out, send in Hydreigon
Slowking Ice beam Tornadus KO
Politoed Belly Drum
I switch in Metagross

Turn 3
Hydreigon Protect
Slowking Surf Heals Politoed, metagross (108/162)
Politoed Rest
Metagross Earthquake, Slowking KO, Politoed 60% left
Fisherman Fird switches in Dewdong

Turn4
Dewdong used Surf, Heals Politoed, Critical Hit Metagross (5/162) Hydreigon (144/168)
Politoetoed waterfall Metagross KO
Hydreigon Dragon Pulse Politoed (35 %)
I switch in Heracross

Turn 5
Heracross Protect
Hydreigon Protect
Dewdong Ice Beam Heracross Protected
Politoed Waterfall Heracross Protected
Twisted the dimensions to normal

Turn 6
Dewdong’s Quick Claw activated Ice Beam Hydreigon KO
Heracross Close Combat Dewdong KO
Politoed Waterfall Heracross KO

Last mon was a Seismitoed.

I know I made a mistake. First turn I should have double targeted the Slowking or at least Taunt it, so he couldn't set up TR. I still could have won but Quick Claw had to activate.
I didn't really mind losing (except for that moment), because of the coolest play by the AI I have ever seen. Using Belly Drum + Chesto Rest and together with a lot of surfers when the Belly Drummer has Water Absorb was just totally awesome. I have experienced little things like will-o-wisp a Flash Fire pokemon next to the partner but never something this big of tactic by the AI.

Anyone else having experienced this kind of battles?

Probably because it's too frail and doesn't have a moveslot for Substitute. It's screwed by QC hax or some of priority without it though. HJK doesn't have perfect accuracy too and there's FB recoil. Fire/Fighting has quite big number of resists, mainly flying or psychic dragons. It might be hard to get Swords Dance and without it, many threats will survive and KO back.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Never used Blaziken myself but there is this:

So, I FINALLY managed to get my hands on a nice little toy, Speed Boost Blaziken, and got an okay streak of 108 using the following team

Blaziken@Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
-Hone Claws
-High Jump Kick
-Blaze Kick
-Stone Edge

Latios@Life Orb
Levitate
Timid Nature
4 HP, 252 Sp Attack, 252 Speed
-Dragon Pulse
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Surf

Scizor@Leftovers
Technician
Adamant Nature
248 HP, 252 Attack, 10 Sp Def
-Swords Dance
-Bug Bite
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower

Obviously, the main attraction of this team is Blaziken. I decided to try Blaziken after seeing Peterko's Cloyster streak and Carl's streak with his Lum-DD-Multiscale Dragonite, which inspired me to try to find my own "one and done" sweeper (who sets up in 1 turn and proceeds to sweep the opponent). Blaziken is really cool in that in one turn, he goes from mediocre power and speed with unreliable-accuracy moves to solid power, fast speed, and above 100% accuracy moves. After settig up and KO'ing the opponents lead, Blaziken becomes somewhat of a runaway train with 2 Speed boosts and counting. Sometimes I think an Adamant nature could be better, but when I lost, it really wouldnt have helped.
One problem I found with Blaziken is that it pretty much needs to set up in order to preform greatly, whereas Dragonite can still dominate without a DD.

I think Blaziken could do better on a different team, I really just slapped it together quickly to see if Blaziken was any good, but I loved its synergy with Latios. Thunder Wave users could be problematic, since Blaziken absolutely cannot be paralyzed, so I had to usually go to Scizor to take the TWave xD.
Maybe that will give you some insight to how it performs? Another issue with Blaziken is simply that it is hard to obtain it legally since hacks can't be added to the list. It was only released in Japan as a male-exclusive event (i.e. you can't breed more of them) so you probably won't get your hands on a legal one unless you know someone with one.

Not that I'm questioning how Stay Gold got his :p

Anyway, I haven't been play much subway lately, but I did try the Emerald Battle Factory, which was a complete failure! It's wierd because the battles seem to be a lot easier than in the 4th gen equivalent but I end up losing to hax. I guess the fact that everything seems to have a hax item (Focus Band can go to hell) makes all the difference...

Tornadus@ Flying Gem
nature: Jolly 4HP/252atk/252speed
Prankster
-Protect
-Taunt
-Tailwind
-Acrobatics

Hitmonlee @ Focus Sash
nature:adamant 4def/252atk/252speed
Limber
-Close Combat
-Sucker Punch
-Fake Out
-Wide Guard
I'm a tad late here but I just wanted to say that I like the way Hitmonlee is used here. Normally his lower speed (and lack of secondary STAB) make Infernape the better choice, but Tailwind helps offset the speed issue, and Infernape's Fire attacks have issues (Flare Blitz breaks sash, Overheat is inaccurate and lowers special attack, and Flamethrower is just weak without Blaze, as is Fire Punch unless you have Iron Fist). Meanwhile, Hitmonlee gets more power and Limber is great considering you will want to Fake Out Electric types, who love blasting Tornadus.

I still prefer Infernape because its higher speed does mean I don't need to use Tailwind against as many things, but Hitmonlee is still cool!

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello my friends, it´s been a while. I apologize for neglecting this topic for 2 months.

Updated the list

Feel free to post any mistakes you find in the records listing here.

Yeah, no Pokémon for me for over 2 months now (I have like 500 hours on Diablo 3 already). There were a few times when one of my DS lites (the one with a life) tried to tell me "come and play me" by turning itself on, but I just walked by it :)

As for the whole Black & White 2 thing. Judging by the posts here, the Tower 2 seems to be the same as Tower 1. So no need to have a separate list because of that. But, there´s the stuff with Truant Durant and new move tutors etc. I´ll be honest, I don´t know:
a) if new Pokémon (like Truant Durant or fat Swinub) were just added into the DW areas while I was away - I mean if they´re accessible through BW 1 or just BW2
b) if there´s two separate DWs for BW 1 and BW 2 or if there´s just one DW and you can access everything from both games,
c) all DW abilities were released already.

I would have to research this, or someone could answer in a short post. Basically, I want to have some opinions about listing separate records for BW 1 and BW 2 (when it comes out in the US/EU) and why?

Until I figure out this stuff, I´ve decided to list Durant like (move tutor) records in a different color or marked in the main list for the moment, like this:

73. CBManBearPig (75) - [size=-2]Durant, Smeargle, Salamence[/size]

EDIT: Seems like there´s just one DW and there´s a new area + some new pokémon were added while I was gone. Hmm I guess we can list everything together, or do you want a separate "Durant" list? Are the move tutors game-breaking? I think the move tutors would validate a second list, not sure yet.

I don´t know how long my Pokébreak will take. I promise to update the list more frequently. Keep up the good work guys, have fun and good luck achieving long streaks.

Every pokémon with hidden ability from B2W2 can be passed to B1W1.

Pokemon with hidden ability not released yet: Ekans, Arbok, Paras, Parasect, Articuno, Zapdos, moltres, Mewtwo, Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium, Cyndaquil, Quilava, Typhlosion, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Aipom, Ambipom, Pineco, Forretress, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Wurmple, Beautifly, Dustox, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Nincada, Ninjask, Budew, Roselia, Roserade, Gulpin, Swalot, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Kricketot, Kricketune, Heatran, Snivy, Servine, Serperior, Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott, Tepig, Pignite, Emboar, Pansage, Simisage, Pansear, Simisear, Panpour, Simipour, Timburr, Gundurr, Conkeldurr, Throk, Sawk, Scraggy, Scrafty, Gothita, Gothorita (but it will have an event on Dream World soon), Gothitelle, Litwick, Lampent, Chandelure, Larvesta, Volcarona.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi Peterko. Nice to see you back and thanks for updating.

For the DW stuff you are asking about, only Unova pokemon like Durant are "exclusive" to BW2, but BW1 players can get them by trading with BW2 players. All non-Unova pokemon (like Thick Fat Swinub) are available in BW1 and BW2 DW. Basically, BW2 has the same areas in DW as BW1 but BW2 has a few Unova pokemon added.

I guess whether we have separate lists comes down to how much BW1 exclusive players care about being at a "disadvantage". I'm getting BW2 anyway, but if I only had access to BW1 I personally wouldn't care if we did or not. If I chose not to get BW2 (and therefore miss out on some tutors) well then I'll just have to suck it up and deal with it, but I wouldn't want special treatment by having my streak listed as "BW1 only" (not to mention that most people have access to Wi-Fi now to get BW2 stuff). That's just how I personally feel though; if other people who actually will be BW1 exclusive want to have separate listings then that's fine too.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I guess part of the issue is how much new stuff the tutors really add. A lot of what the tutors allow could be done previously, it just required breeding in a Gen IV game. I'm certainly excited to be able to breed in Gen V and still access the tutor moves, since I never really put in the time to learn Gen IV RNG, but many of the pokes I'm most excited about playing with are things that a Gen IV RNGer could already have.

Obviously for Unova-only pokes and those with dream world abilities, the tutors have the potential for a much bigger impact, but without going through the list really carefully and theorymoning whether the tutors add any moves I badly want on a Unova or dream world pokemon, the impact doesn't seem huge to me. I guess there's Moxie/Dragon Dance/Outrage Salamence and a host of potential new Trick users enabled by the tutors, but nothing is leaping out quite like Bullet Punch Scizor did (I guess that was technically a heart scale moveset add, but same idea). And I'd like to see a few Truant Durant streaks before we conclude Durant breaks the format.

Maybe just put an ampersand (&) next to steaks that require access to BWII pokemon abilities or tutors, but keep the lists together for now. That way, they'll be easy to split later on if necessary, but we keep them together while we get a feel for how much BWII changes things.

Hi! I haven't been playing Subway either. I was too busy with VGC. I thought I was done with VGC after Nats, but then somehow I won a trip to Hawaii for worlds, so, yeah, probably won't be doing anything on Subway until after then.

I think eventually we'll probably want a Move tutor trade back BW1 list separate from regular BW1 list... if we see more and more better streaks that have BW2 move tutored moves, but for now and probably the near future, it's probably fine as is. That's my opinion!

EDIT I'm fine with the ampersand idea too, though I prefer asterisk (*). :P

Feel free to post any mistakes you find in the records listing here.
Not a mistake, but more of an omission. Of course if it was done on purpose, then that's cool. It's not a big deal or anything but I did post a streak of 117 using the same team that got me to 123 wins.

I got my hands on a Truant Durant in a trade and decided to test it out. Simply said: it takes the fun out of the subway. I got a streak of 120 and I simply lost because I wasn't paying attention anymore: Switched out Durant, Forgot to use Entrainment, Subway saw his chance and punished me for it.

Once you entrain the first Pokémon, you basically win. I had Dragonite (Aqua Tail, Dragon Claw, Protect, Dragon Dance) and Volcarona (Bug Buzz, Flamethrower, Protect, Quiver Dance) in the back. Set up to +6 on the Truant-turn, Protect on the other turn = win.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Has anyone else bothered with trying out Mold Breaker Excadrill on their doubles team? It's really interesting in theory on a disquake team for being able to hit all of those Electric types that resist Discharge(Yes including Eelektross). Not just that though, it's the only Pokemon with Mold Breaker and STAB Earthquake. Because of this, it easily nails most of the Pokemon that would live with Sturdy. It's not as hail weak as the typical Zapchomp leads.

I've been trying it out a bit myself, and it's been pretty successful and it's mostly been VGCs that have been preventing me from getting a good streak with it atm. Right now I'm trying Scarf Excadrill and Leftovers Zapdos as leads, but I still haven't really worked out the back two yet.

If anyone else wants to try Mold Breaker Excadrill, I'd be more than willing to lend you mine(albeit it Jolly). It just seems to have potential and I wanna know what you guys think of it!

And yea it is a bw2 DW mon, so remember that :P

Hello fellow subway goers. I have recently gotten a streak of 81 wins in the Super Double train. Not a fantastic streak, but I thought I would post it anyway.

Heres the team:

Reptar (Tyranitar)at Air Balloon
Adamant
IVs: (31)(31)(31)(30)(31)(31)
EVS: 176 HP, 252 Attack, 76 Spd
Earthquake
Protect
Crunch
Rockslide

The speed Evs allow me to outspeed all metagross, except the naive one, which can`t ohko with meteor mash. Crunch for STAB, and earthwuake and rockslide for good spread moves. Protect cause protect. Thanks to Mercury for the EV spread.

Moustachio (Alakazam) at Focus Sash
Magic Guard
Timid
IVs:(31)(x)(31)(31)(31)(31)
EVs:252 special attack, 252 speed
Psychic
Shadow ball
Focus Blast
Protect

This thing hits hard and is quite nice in the sand with magic guard, which allows him to use a focus sash quite effectively. Psychic for STAB, shadow ball helps against ghosts and other psychic types. I try to avoid using focus blast as much as possible, but sometimes you have to use it.

Kenmore (Rotom-W) at Choice Specs
Modest
IVs: (31)(x)(31)(30)(31)(30)
EVs: 252 hp, 252 special attack
Hydro Pump
Thunder bolt
Hidden Power (Fire)
Shadow ball

Kenmore is a monster with Choice specs equipped. I mostly use him against water teams, which give this team trouble. Hidden power fire cause fuck ferrothorn and escavalier. Hydro Pump and thunderbolt for stab and shadow ball is mostly filler.

Terrakion at Life orb
Jolly
IVs:(31)(31)(31)(x)(31)(31)
EVs: 252 attack, 252 spd
Sacred Sword
Rockslide
Earthquake
Protect

Sacred sword over close combat because double teamers sucks, and so do cursers. Rockslide for another stab and a spread move. Earthquake for another spread move. I usually use this to clean up if Ttar and `zam couldn`t handle it. Also, if the opponent leads with double dark types, switch this guy in for a juicy attack boost.

The strategy is to get rid of any fighting types with a psychic from alakazam, unless they have a payapa berry. Once fighting types are down, just keep on hitting them hard.

I lost to a dumb misplay. I was watching TV at the same time so I wasn`t paying full attention. Anyway, it went something like this:

Turn 1: Ttar and Zam vs Raikou and Heatran
I protect with Zam while I select earthquake with Ttar. Heatran flash cannons for a little over half health while raikou thunderbolt crits him for the KO.

Turn 2: I send out Terrakion and go for the earthquake. However, this heatran happens to be scarfed. They take out terrakion with combined attacks, while zam psychics the raikou into yellow health.

Turn 3: Rotom out. Psychic ko raikou while zam gets into yellow health from flash cannon. Hydro Pump heatran for the KO.

Turn 4: Articuno and Cresselia out. Zam dies. Rotom Hydro Pumps articuno 2 times, one being a miss. Procede to struggle against a cresselia. End of streak.

It was fun while it lasted, but I`m growing bored of this team. I was thinking of doing a gravity team with dusknoir and Durant leading off. Durant with hustle of course.

NoCheese

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've acquired a Truant Durant and so have been testing out a Super Singles Team too. So far so good, but I'm still under 100, so not enough data to really have a strong feel yet.

Seems to me that on a Durant team, you have to big issues to worry about:
1. Bad things that can mess up the cripple effort. (Fake outs, U-Turns, Explosions)
2. Bad things that can happen after the set up. (Hard hitting priority, Sturdy, Focus Sash, Bright Powder)

I haven't theorymoned fully at all, but I'm going with Cloyster as my main sweeper, since +6 icicle spear OHKOs the vast majority of things while breaking through sashes and sturdy. It also sets up faster than pokes using +1/+1 moves, which both slightly speeds game play and allows more complete set up on enemy leads that die on their own (toxic orb, explosion after stacking spikes, etc.). It's a pity that the defensive drops from shell smash make it more vulnerable to priority from the opponent's second and third pokemon, but since Truant means it can keep its sash intact while setting up, it can survive one priority attack anyway.

I'm using a boring max speed, max attack adamant Dragonite with Dragon Claw/Earthquake/Protect/Dragon Dance for my secondary sweeper. I strongly suspect something else might work better, but this is likewise beastly at +6/+6, and can, if necessary, set up on and beat a lot of pokemon without help from a cripple by Druant, which is a big plus. It you are looking to use Dragonite as a primary sweeper, it's likely something more like Jumpman's mono attacking set and EV spread could be better, but I didn't want to rebreed or EV something, so used what I had available.

It's possible that I should focus on a second pokemon that can better absorb the danger moves that force me to switch Durant out before using Entrainment, but Dragonite does reasonably well at that, so sticking with him for now. Note that fake out users often have fighting moves, making a ghost somewhat appealing, but more thought is required before I shift the team.

Battle Subway – 160 Win Streak
Super Multi Train with another human partner

Username: Pepdawg18 (Me)

Brolitoed (Politoed) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EV’s: 4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
IV’s: 31, 31, 31, 30, 31, 31
Nature: Timid
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Brozor (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 Spd
IV's: 31, 31, 31, 31, 31, 31
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Sword Dance

Username: Spidey2064 (Teammate)

Ludicolo (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EV's: 4 HP/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
Nature: Modest
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Fake Out
- Ice Beam

Kingdra (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EV's: 4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Rain Dance

After seeing how much success other teams were having with rain, my friend and I decided to give it a try, and with amazing results! Once the rain train got rolling, there was really no stopping it. Our unfortunate demise was to a wifi disconnect...

It's a pretty standard setup, but if you guys have any questions then feel free to ask. We had a previous attempt with a sand team that ended at 93 wins but we decided to switch up the weather and are very happy with how it worked out. Some of the more threatening teams have Wide Guard and Trick Room users. Opposing Gyarados and Ferrothorn where among the most troublesome pokemon to face.

Some photos of the victory below.

NoCheese

For humor value on a Durant team, you can run a Sturdy Carracosta with Shell Smash/Substitute/Protect/?Attack with Leftovers as the held item. Unfortunately it's lacking sorely in power if you want a 100% accuracy attacking move that nothing is immune to, but cutely, it can set up to +6 Attack/+6 Special Attack/+6 Speed and get TWO "extra lives," one from its Substitute, one from Sturdy (after leftovers heals back the health used to make the sub). I don't think it's the ideal receiver by any means, but it's kind of amusing nonetheless.

However, I just had a thought that makes me very greedy indeed: Besides Durant and the sweeper, have your final poke be able to Protect, Substitute, and Baton pass. With a Focus Sash on the sweeper, this opens up the "two extra lives" plan for a lot more potential sweepers. That said, would still need to make sure you use pokes that can work around a trouble lead for the opponent which can potentially stop you from using Entrainment and setting up.

Add me to the list!

Hi all! I've been a lurker to this website for quite some time! First I would like to take a moment to thank you guys for the guides and useful information about each Pokemon in each tier! It's helped me SO much!

I would like to post my ongoing battle train record! (Doubles) I just got to 70 wins in a row today! (still going, and not impressive yet... But here's hoping the ball keeps rolling!)

Proof:

The Team:

Blaziken @ Wide Lense ***Blitz
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 254 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Satk)
- Protect
- High Jump Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge

Rotom-W @ Life Orb ***Cycle
Trait: Levitate
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/30
EVs: 106 HP / 252 SAtk / 152 Spd
Modest Nature (+Satk, -Atk)
- Protect
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Bolt
- Hidden Power (Ice)

- Latios @ Choice Specs ***Justice
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder Bolt
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Dragon Pulse

Scizor @ Choice Band ***Ruby
Trait: Technitian
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Satk)
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Aerial Ace
- Super Power

Uses:
I saw another post that was using a very similar team. With over 600 wins. I was surprised when I saw it as I made this team before even coming to the site. I am hoping my team can ultimately out do the other similar team.

Blaziken -Starts with Rotom-W (a more bulky version) at his side. Blaziken is a power house and with wide lens can use hi jump kick and stone edge alot better then before. I tried this build with earthquake over stone edge but stone edge was used more, and saved me more then earthquake ever did. Blaziken sets up with protect and gets the speed boost. Works wonders save 130 base speed pokemon, which take 2 boosts to out-speed. With his high damage STAB attacks he can obliterate nearly any non-study/focus sash Pokemon that are weak to him. He can even OHKO some with neutral damage.

Rotom-W -Fantastic partner to Blaziken, with powerful STAB water and electric moves, protect (I can use this when Blaziken protects to do some effective scouting) and hidden power ice for those pesky x4 dragons you see everywhere, and the occasional Gliscor, Rotom holds his own with the boosted defesive stats, and outspeeds who he needs to. Rotom checks Blaziken very well and they can kill most everything just the 2 of them. With some rare exceptions which i'll go into in my team issues section.

Latios -Great choice specs user. Amazing moveset pool. Near-perfect coverage. Basically setup for a revenge killer WITH scizor. I opted to use energy ball as ive lost several times to water/ground pokemon with ice attacks. The only issue Latios has is the rare 2v3 where i have to choose what he gets stuck with... Usually pick Dragon Pulse if that's the case due to its universally great coverage for at least neutral damage.

Scizor -The best Pokemon. Period! While I do LOVE Scizor as my favorite Pokemon, I am SO happy that she's actually great in my team! Arguably the best revenge killer in the game! Mostly use bullet punch, but I find myself using Bug Bite quite often as well, as the rest of my team doesn't have much for pychic types. I'm thinking of passing Aerial Ace for Pursuit... But the never miss of Aerial Ace seems like it could be better... But my team does have a blatant lack of offense vs psychics and no super effective attacks vs single type ghosts... so idk... What do you think?

Team Issues:

While I don't know all the trainers pokemon by heart, there are really 2 types of trainers that really hamper my team. Psychic trainers, especially trick room. And Legendaries. I've been lucky to have less psychic trainers with ghost types so far. But one one streak I got 5/7 trainers were veteran. 2 with legendaries. I was down to 1-2 pokemon every battle.

I hate Zapdos. He's way too bulky and eat Scizor alive with heat wave. Rotom and Blaziken can't OHKO it either... I nearly lost to a double team Zapdos in that 7 streak. (Blitz got a lucky stone edge off)

Pure fighting teams can be a pain too, at least until I get Scizor and Latios out. Then I (hopefully) breeze through them. there's always the scare of Scrafty to my latios, and when i'm choiced into psychic he renders me useless.

Delay/Defensive teams... I nearly lost, 1v1, Scizor vs Cradily. Like a retard I let it stockpile 3 times and my Scizor was having issues even with bullet punch. So lucky Scizor is x2 resistant to grass, otherwise that would have been the end. Don't remember the rest of the team but I do remember they were all defensive pokemon. Also I lump ghost types into here. Dusknoir, Cofigrigas, spiritomb, they can all be a royal pain in the behind. Especially in trick room.

My worst trainers would have to be veterans, and Psychics, no question. With the rest of the trainers I find that Rotom and Latios can take nearly all of them with the help of Blaziken and Scizor ready to jump in. Sometimes Psychics are easy due to bug bite but more often then not there is at least 1 ghost type which can be a pain. Gengar is destroyed by Latios, but also faster... So if his shadow ball kills Latios i'm in serious trouble. I usually have to kill him with a flare blitz blaziken, lame I know.

Well that's it for now. I recorded my 70th battle, but i'm not quite sure how to upload it... Any comments would be appreciated! Game on!

@feriokun - welcome! Good luck with the streak.

On another note, as far as all the bickering goes- you guys suck. This has always been my favorite thread and between some careless comments (ntrnsc mtvtn) & even worse arrogance (Jumpman16) it has turned into a joke. Seriously, stop being juvenile & post some battle subway teams!

Jumpman16, as what I regard as a senior member of this thread I expected more. Your time could have been better spent updating your record than puffing up your chest.

@feriokun - welcome! Good luck with the streak.

On another note, as far as all the bickering goes- you guys suck. This has always been my favorite thread and between some careless comments (ntrnsc mtvtn) & even worse arrogance (Jumpman16) it has turned into a joke. Seriously, stop being juvenile & post some battle subway teams!

Jumpman16, as what I regard as a senior member of this thread I expected more. Your time could have been better spent updating your record than puffing up your chest.
Thanks for the welcome!

As for the previous flame wars... My usual suggestion is just keep them to PMs. I am always up for a good debate, but sometimes the thread gets side-tracked easily as a result. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)