Infernrape - undefeated OU team

Before I start, this team is undefeated, pretty impressive I know. I have a few requirements: Will not replace Infernape, or Haxorus as they are my favorite Pokemon of all time and I will never replace them.

Haxorus (M) @ Dragon Fang
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Brick Break
- Earthquake

Haxorus is one of the hardest hitting monsters in the game. He is great for sweeping and demoloshing opposing teams. I

chose this set because after just one DD, Haxorus has the attack as if he was choice banded and the speed as if he was

choice scarfed. Outrage is a staple on Haxorus, being able to KO many Pokemon in the meta. Dragon Fang is great as it makes

his Outrage powerful and doesn't give recoil like life orb. Brick Break can break reflects and light screens and at the

same time provides standard coverage. Earthquake is an all around great coverage move. Combined with Haxorus' ability of

Mold Breaker it can take out Pokemon such as Rotom-W and Eelektross. I maxed out his attack stat and chose adamant nature

as it would make him hit the hardest. I added 36 HP EVs to help Haxorus last a bit longer. The rest of the EVs were put

into speed to help him outspeed the opposition. Dragon typing allows Haxorus to switch-in into fire, electric, water, and

grass.

Latias (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Surf
- Recover

I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO USE CALM MIND SO DONT SUGGEST IT! I HATE CALM MIND WITH A PASSION AND I WILL NEVER USE IT!!!

Latias is my special sweeper. Max speed and special attack to help him sweep. The rest of the 4 EVs in SDef for a bit more

defense. Timid nature allows Latias to outspeed other Latios, Latias, and other higher speed Pokemon. Draco Meteor is

Latias STAB move which has the ability to Kill many Pokemon which do not resist it. Psychic is also stab and provided

coverage of fighting types and such. Surf is also for coverage, taking care of rock, ground, fire types, etc. Recover in

the final slot, letting Latias stay in battle longer. Though honestly, I have not really used Recover, normally Latias is

K.O.'d before then or I choose to continue sweeping. Thus, I might replace it. Expert belt fits well with Latias as Latias'

moveset is super effective against many Pokemon. Latias' ability Levitate gives it an immunity to Ground-type attacks,

which is helpful to counter his teammates weaknesses. Dragon typing, like Haxorus, allows him to switch into fire, water,

electric, and grass type attacks.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

Infernape is great offensively on both the special and physical sides. He runs a mixed attacking set here. Max speed EVs

added to his already high speed stat make him a great revenge killer. I max'd the attack EVs because 3/4 of his moveset

consists of physical attacks. The remaining 4 EVs in the special attack for Overheat. Close Combat is Infernape's powerful

fighting type STAB, leaving big dents in opponents that do not resist it, if not knocking them out. Overheat is his fire

type STAB move, taking care of grass, ice, and steel types (such as Skarmory). After an Overheat, Infernape can still stay

in because the rest of his physical moveset is not effected by the special attack drop. U-turn allows Infernape to switch

out without losing the offensive momentum. It also is super effective against Psychic types so Infernape can switch out of

a bad matchup against Psychic types and inflict severe damage to them at the same time. The last slot is between Mach Punch

and Stone Edge. It was first Stone Edge for coverage, but with the addition of Cloyster, a rock-type attack on the team is

covered. Thus, I chose Mach Punch, a STAB attack which also provides a helpful level 1 priority. Though Infernape is

relatively frail, he can still switch into the bug and fire type attacks, the weaknesses of some of his fellow teammates.

Naive nature to boost his speed while not hurting his Atk and Sp.Atk stats. The loss of a little Sp.Def isn't really

problematic as Infernape can't take many hits anyhow. Life Orb just makes Infernape's moves more powerful, the HP loss is

okay as stated multiple times, Infernape isn't going to take many hits anyhow.

Cloyster (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rapid Spin
- Razor Shell
- Rock Blast

Cloyster, here to help cover and get rid of annoying entry hazards. I invested 248 EVs in his HP to increase his bulk a

bit. 176 Def EVs to help him take hits from physical attackers such as dragons, then counter with a coverage attack.

Though, Cloyster still seems to have trouble taking hits. I chose relaxed nature to try to increase Cloyster's defense. The

rest of the EVs into attack to make Cloyster more powerful. Icicle Spear is a great STAB attack that takes care of pesky

opposing Dragons. It is even more deadly with the guaranteed 5 hits with Cloyster's great ability of Skill Link. It breaks

Dragonite's multiscale, then more often than not, proceeds to K.O. it. Rapid spin is to clear out entry hazards which are a

hindrance to the already frail sweepers on the team. Razor Shell is it's water type STAB, which covers rock, ground, and

fire types. Rock Blast combined with skill link takes care of flying types, fire types, etc. Expert belt is helpful here

because like Latias, Cloyster has good coverage and his attacks are super effective against many Pokemon.

Jolteon (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jolteon is the speedy electric type of team. His role is to keep the offensive flow continuing while still dealing damage

to the opponent. Max speed and special attack, to hit the hardest and outspeed foes. The rest of the 4 EVs in HP to add a

bit of staying power. Timid nature makes Jolteon even faster than it already is. Volt absorb allows Jolteon to safely

switch into opposing eletric type attacks. Volt switch is Jolteon's great STAB attack that keeps the teams offensive

momentum going while still doing damage. Thunderbolt, the more powerful STAB, takes care of water and flying types (such as

Politoad) when it isn't dangerous to stay in battle and there is a good chance of a K.O. Shadow ball is there for the sole

purpose of coverage. Hidden Power [Ice] takes care of Dragons, flying types, etc. Expert belt makes Jolteon's attacks even

more powerful when they are super effective against opponents. It helps ensure a K.O. of Pokemon such as a Politoad.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Last, but surely not least, Scizor. A bulkly sweeper, something that is rare to find! Adamant nature to max out his already

high attack stat. 248 HP EVs to give Scizor bulk, allowing him to take hits. Max Atk to make this monster hit even harder.

The last 8 EVs in speed, to help him at least outspeed the slower Pokemon in the meta. I chose to Choice Band him so he can

hit hard right off the bat. Not wanting to rely on setting up too much is another reason I chose to have Scizor Choice

Banded. Now the moveset. Bullet Punch is Scizor famous level 1 priority STAB attack. Scizor's ability of Technician makes

this move extremely lethal. Any Pokemon that cannot resist Bullet Punch is going to get dented badly, if not K.O.'d. I

chose U-turn over Bug Bite so Scizor still has a good Bug-type STAB attack while still keeping the team's offensive

momentum when it is best for Scizor to switch out. Superpower is a powerful coverage attack. Pursuit works well with

Technician, punishing foes that are weak to Scizor's Bug or Dark-type attacks that try to escape.gl

This team isn't undefeated, or you have only fought less than ~5 battles. Sorry to burst your bubble that the team is simply average. I suggest changing your Latias and Haxorus sets to something different. If you want Latias to be able to cripple one of its top counters, the pink blobs, consider using a Choice Specs set with Trick as well, to Trick as they switch. Haxorus shouldn't be using Dragon Fang for any reason. If anything, Lum Berry will help far more if you switch in from Latias (because you can't do anything to special walls) to, again for example, the pink blobs or ferrothorns thunder waves.

Also consider using Sub on Haxorus, to protect from priority (Mamoswine is rampant), status, and Ditto. Aqua Tail might help you against rain teams using Skarmory. You currently have nothing to dent Skarmory with Haxorus. Also consider superpower over brick break, to better try to break through Skarm or other physical walls.

Decent team, but I'm sorry to say, don't expect to stay undefeated for any more extended length of time.

Hello! You've got a pretty solid and interesting team here, good job :)

I have a couple recommendations to make: First, I would replace Dragon Fang on Haxorus for a Lum Berry. A Lum berry is great as it allows you to take status from Pokemon trying to slow or cripple Haxorus down with Parlyz/burn, or allows you to recover from your confusion immedietly. You could go for Life Orb as well if you miss the power of the Dragon Fang, only Life Orb will affect ALL your moves, not just Outrage. I recommend Lum Berry though, I found it more useful from personal experience!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Believe it or not, as much as I love Latias, she is completely outclassed with the moveset you're using! Latias as a pure offensive Pokemon is pretty rare, as her brother Latios does the pure offense better, with his superior Sp. Atk allowing him to decimate other Pokemon easier. Also, since you're so against Calm Mind for some reason, (Did a Calm Mind TM traumatize you as a child or something? :p), you definitely should switch from Latias to an offensive Latios.

Latios @ Expert Belt/Life Orb
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid
-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-HP Fire
-Recover

Almost identical to your Latias set, except I replaced Psyshock with HP Fire. Hidden Power Fire is great for nabbing Scizor who commonly like to switch in; with Expert Belt, you can often times pretend to be a choice set and take out Scizor who try and pursuit you! Life Orb is always a good choice, and you should use it if you want more reliable power. The recoil shouldn't be TOO bad, thanks to Recover.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Next up for Jolteon, I feel like he isn't particularly needed for this team. With Latios already dealing massive amounts of damage to your opponents on the special side of the spectrum, Jolteon role is pretty redundant. Jolteon is extremely weak and I believe isn't needed for your team. Right now, if a Dragon Type sets up a Dragon Dance, your best bet is Bullet Punch on Scizor, which won't take them out unless they've been damaged before. A Dragonite or Salamence that sets up a DD can pose a huge threat to your team, as can Volcarona who can set up on Latios after a Draco Meteor or Scizor. A fantastic Pokemon who can solve both these issues and serve as an effective revnge killer is one of my favorites, Choice Scarfed Landorus! I highly recommend you switch from Jolteon to a Scarfed Landorus, and use this set:

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Sand Force
Naive/Hasty
252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U-turn
-HP Ice

Landorus' perfect base speed, allows him to barley outspeed all Dragon Dancing Dragons, such as Salamence, Dragonite, and Haxorus. This allows you to take them out with ease with an HP Ice. Volcarona will no longer be an issue, as you can switch in on a Bug Buzz or Quiver Dance and threaten to eliminate it. Landorus' ability to U-Turn is great as well, allowing you to always have momentum between him, Infernape, and Scizor.

My last recommendation is for Closter. Sorry, haha but defensive Cloyster simply does not work at all. Any Special Attack ruins him, and he's two hit KO'd by most of the physical threats anyway, making his big defense a waste. Cloyster is blessed as one of the few Pokemon to learn Shell Smash, so why not use it? You should switch from your defensive Cloyster to a Shell Smash variant.

Cloyster @ Life Orb
Skill Link
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Razor Shell

Your team seems primarily offensive so this Cloyster should fit right in. After a Shell Smash, Cloyster reaches a godly amount of Attack and Speed, allowing it to terrorize most guys in his path. Icicle Spear should be your main weapon; always hitting 5 times and boosted by STAB make it a major force to be reckoned with. Rock Blast is great for coverage, and Razor Shell is great for taking out Steel types, or Pokemon that can take your other moves such as TTar and Heatran. Life Orb is primarily for maximum power, but you can switch to White Herb if you like if you want to preserve your defenses.

Well, that's what I have to say for now, good luck, I hope I helped :)

Your team is certainly... interesting. My first suggestion would be with Haxorus. Lum Berry>DragonFang would keep Haxorus from being crippled by parahax and burn hax. Next, I suggest Stone Edge>Mach Punch so that you're not walled by threats like MS Dragonite who'd come in and set up against it. Next, without a SpAttk on Cloyster, why do you have a -Spd nature? Why not Impish(+Def, -SpA) nature? Being too slow could cost you the game.

Also, I'd give Latias HP(Fire) since it pushes being hit by Pursuit when Scizor is sent out. And LifeOrb/Leftovers>ExpertBelt @ Latias would do entirely better.

Thanks for the rates everybody

Episode36: Don't be such a dick dude how would you know a team's record or not? I have played countless matches against good Serebii and Smogon players on WIFI and I haven't lost. And I'll have you know I've played 20 easily.

Avatar Korra: Thanks for your rate. I will implement all your changes, but I'm thinking maybe focus sash on Cloyster to survive a hit after my defenses get lowered from shell smash?

CedOmega: Thanks for your rate I'll change Mach Punch to Stone Edge

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi,

You've got a pretty cool team, but it is kind of hard to believe that this team is undefeated. Nevertheless, there are a few things I think you should change.

First off, Avatar Korra and I discussed and agreed that Landorus-T might be a better choice over regular Landorus- though you lose some speed, you are scarfed anyway, you hit much harder, and you have Intimidate, which will really help against physical attackers. I know that this is a wifi team, so if Landorus-T is not available I would suggest regular Landorus.

Cloyster really doesn't need Rapid Spin; your team is not very weak to hazards, and a coverage move is a lot more useful on Shell Smash Cloyster. I recommend Razor Shell, so you can hit Heatran and other Steel types for at least decent damage. I would also suggest giving Cloyster Leftovers instead of an Expert Belt- everything weak to Icicle Spear is KO'd anyway, so you're not getting very much more powerful. Lefties enhance your staying time on the field, and help you negate Toxic and Leech Seed and stuff like that.

And, as everyone else emphasized, Haxorus needs a Lum Berry. This allows you to dodge WoW and confusion from Outrage.

Good luck!

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi XxpokemonmasterXx

Pretty solid team you've built here with some interesting touches such as Offensive Expert Belt Latias. I would like to offer some suggestions to help improve it. Looking at your team, offensive threats include setup sweepers that can boost their attacking stat as well as their speed simultaneously such as Dragon Dance Dragonite and Salamence and Quiver Dance Volcarona. After a boost, these threats will be able to outspeed your whole team and dish out massive damage. Also, I can see that you've built up a nice Voltturn core with Infernape, Jolteon, and Scizor. As these Voltturn cores tend to force numerous switches (Jolteon coming in on Skarmory will force the opponent to switch into their Blissey) it will greatly benefit your team to carry entry hazards to punish your opponent for switching. For these reasons, I suggest replacing Cloyster with a standard Defensive Donphan with a moveset of Stealth Rock / Rapid Spin / Earthquake / Ice Shard. Donphan has access to Stealth Rock which provides great residual damage while you spam Volt Switch and U-turn and also helps cripple top OU threats including Dragonite, Salamence, and Volcarona. Donphan has access to Ice Shard, giving him a priority attack to hit Dragon types that currently threaten your team. His great base 90 HP and 120 Defense, allowing him to shrug off Outrages and check Dragon tupes. Donphan provides you with Rapid Spin support which is very useful for allowing your Voltturners to switch in more and is a more reliable spinner than Cloyster with his better defensive typing and access to Sturdy. He makes a great check to common Sand teams threats such as Tyranitar, Terrakion, and Landorus with his great physical bulk and eliminates Ninetales with Earthquake. I recommend using an EV spread of 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def with an Impish nature. The attack investment makes for a stronger Earthquake as well as getting the 2HKO on Landorus with Ice Shard without sacrificing much bulk.

Next, Donphan will help you a bit with Dragon Dance Dragonite, Salamence, and Haxorus but your team is still prone to Quiver Dance Volcarona and Donphan cannot always reliably check Dragons as he also has to lay Stealth Rock and rapid spin hazards. I suggest replacing your current Infernape set with a fully Physical Choice Scarf Infernape with a moveset of Flare Blitz / Close Combat / Stone Edge / U-turn. Scarf Infernape outspeeds all the previously mentioned threats even after a +1 speed boost and eliminates them with the proper coverage move. Scarf Infernape also outspeeds Max Speed Modest Venusaur in the Sun by 1 speed point, giving you a check to a potent threat on BW2 Sun teams. Close Combat provides a powerful STAB that you can spam late game to clean up you opponent's team. This set forgoes Overheat for Flare Blitz as you will be unable to switch attacks anyways and you don't want to be locked into a decreasingly powerful attack with no Special Attack investment. Scarf U-turn is a nice move to lead with as you can scout your opponent's lead and U-turn out to give you a favorable matchup.

Next for some smaller changes. On Haxorus, I'd like to support Avatar Korra's suggestion of a Lum Berry instead of Dragon Fang on Haxorus. Lum Berry protects Haxorus from crippling status while he is setting up and he can usually tear through a team after a single DD boost. It also helps to cure the confusion from Outrage. Next, on Latias I suggest using Life Orb over Expert Belt. Life Orb provides a much needed boost to all of Latias' attacks and she can heal off the recoil damage with Recover. Lastly, Hidden Power Fire over Psychic on Latias will allow you to break up opposing Voltturn cores quite easily and Latias is a great check to Rotom-W and can OHKO Scizor on the switch in with HP Fire.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Sets:
Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard

Infernape (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-U-turn

tl;dr
Cloyster ----> Standard Defensive Donphan
Infernape ----> Choice Scarf Infernape
Dragon Fang on Haxorus ----> Lum Berry
Expert Belt on Latias ----> Life Orb
Psychic on Latias ----> Hidden Power Fire

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)