Sep 27th, 2012, 1:23:33 PM
Hear me Roar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Coil + 3 Attacks:
- Comments on abilites go in AC, and you need to expand more on the choice between Intimidate and Shed Skin. Intimidate lets it beat certain threats like Gurdurr with greater ease, while Shed Skin lets it set up on Amoonguss and Alomomola, among others.
- Don't mention Adamant here unless it actually gets some specific KO's, putting it in for the sake of it is pointless.
- Again, show some specifics for Life Orb, actual benefits rather than "more damage"
- Mention Wish support from Lickilicky
- Braviary itself can beat Rock / Steel types, be sure to make that clear
- As zeb mentioned, don't fall into the trap of mentioning hazard support for the sake of it. Find specific KOs Arbok can get with the hazard support, otherwise leave it out.
- Actually explain how it beats a stall team. Setting up on key members like Amoonguss and Alomomola is a start, while being immune to Toxic Spikes as well as having Rest to heal off the very weak hits from walls, as well as making it effectively immune to Burn and Paralysis as well. Much more detail is needed here (more than what I've just stated here)
- Talk about Coil here, its an independent set from the first one and still needs explanation
- Sucker Punch is a slashed move, thus it gets explanation in Set Comments
- Torterra has 56 base Speed, not 55. Regardless, the spread is made to outspeed Torterra, and thus base 55's as well. Just clear that up
- Specifically mention what Earthquake hits harder (Probopass, Bastiodon, Klang) while also mentioning what Aqua Tail hits harder.
- Explain how paralysis is more important for sets without Sucker Punch, as faster threats like Special Samurott or Ludicolo can demolish you with impunity.
- If the user chooses to run Gunk Shot / Sucker Punch without Earthquake or Aqua Tail, then team support to remove Steel types (and Rocks) is needed. Powerful Choice Band users with SE STAB moves are perfect, like Sawk, Torterra, Gabite etc. Arbok Also beats down Alomomola and Amoonguss for them
- See previous comments about hazard support
This really needs to have a lot more detail and actual specifics in it before it can be approved, but it's certainly getting there. One thing Zebraiken mentioned which I want to see more on is this:
It's of utmost importance to explain how each set works and why they're useful in the current metagame - simply telling us what each move is for is really easy to anybody to interpret.
Which is something I think is currently lacking. As an example, the choice between Earthquake and Aqua Tail needs a significant amount of discussion, simply stating the types they hit is not good enough, as anyone can figure that out. Golurk is a major factor in players choosing Aqua Tail over Earthquake, but it is not mentioned anywhere in the analysis. Once the level of detail is improved and more specifics are included then I'll take another look at this, decent work so far.