The Dark Horse Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest problem for Kingdra is being Ferrothorn bait. Make sure your team has a safe switch-in for Ferro lest you want to suffer a slow spiky death D:

I guess you can give Kingdra HP Fire to effectively lure and kill Ferro, but it's not even a guaranteed 3HKO in the rain.

Outside of Ferrothorn, it's a solid mon. I've been using a slightly gimmicky set with DD - Outrage - Hydro Pump - Draco Meteor @ Dragon Fang with decent results. Max SpA, enough Speed to be faster than Jolly Breloom, rest in Attack; Mild / Rash Nature. Lure in physical walls that tries to stop DD Kingdra, only to punish them with Hydro Pump & Draco Meteor. People think that Kingdra is forced to switch out after the special drop from Draco Meteor, only to meet with a DD-boosted Outrage >:D. You can try Surf @ LO for a more accurate Water STAB and for a bit more bite on its Outrage and Draco Meteor than DFang's 20% boost.

Other than the above set, you can't go wrong with Max SpA / Max Spe Timid LO Special Rain Dance Kingdra - Rain Dance / Hydro Pump / Ice Beam / Draco Meteor. You should have no problem being revenge-killed thanks to Swift Swim :)
Hey Pocket what are the EVs you are using for your Kingdra? Can you show us the set in a clearer format? I just want to know so that I can try it out?

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Kingdra @ Dragon Fang
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 24 Atk / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Mild or Rash Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage

You can use Surf > Hydro Pump @ LO for similar power while gaining more oomph in your Dragon moves than with Dragon Fang's 20% boost. The lack of recoil helps preserve its bulk, though.

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
Pokemon Showdown! Username: BROStime
Hall of Fame Standing: None
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Smeargle
Current Ladder Standing on Pokemon Showdown!: 1641 [15-3] EDITED

I will edit this post if manage to reach Hall of Fame standings or to post my Smeargle set.

SMEARGLE @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Atk | 252 Spe | 4 HP
Nature: Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
Moveset: Spore | Belly Drum | ExtremeSpeed | V-Create

This set is amazing, I just love this set because its so powerfull as ExtremeSpeed + V-Create just demolishes stuff late game. I know that V-Create makes Smeargle weak to priority and stuff like that, but Smeargle is extremely frail from before and as it has ExtremeSpeed so the speed is really not needed, after it has V-Created. This set is more off a late game sweeper set and does that great, as this set is completely walled by fast ghost types and Heatran makes Dugtrio + Latios great team mates to help Smeargle out.

Due to major team changes and a tilt-y run, I've changed my name to WinterGuardians. I'll probably make one last push at the top before I make an RMT and ask for some help, things are going fairly well but I'm not quite getting over that 1900-1920 Glicko hump.

Pokemon Showdown! Username: /V/riska
Hall of Fame Standing: N/A
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Dusknoir
Current Ladder Standing on Pokemon Showdown!: n/a

>implying this will be easy for someone of my lacking calibre
>implying this will not enrage PKGaming
Unfortunately, while Dusknoir partners really well with powerhouses like Keldeo and Scizor, my competence in the ladder is too inconsistent for this challenge to be merited as a success. ;_;

Pokémon Showdown! Username: Porygon2 Monster
Dark Horse Currently Working With: Porygon2
Current Standing on Pokémon Showdown!: 1000 (not started)

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP | 100 Def | 156 SpDef
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Moveset: Recover | Toxic | Thunderbolt | Ice Beam

I've used Porygon2 in the past and have always loved it, so I was sad that even with Eviolite, it was UU. So why not put it on an OU team?

I'm debating what EV spread I'm going to work with, but for now this works.

No one used Volbeat yet? Im suprised
Pokemon Showdown! Username: Volbeat>Jumpluff
Dark Horse Pokemon: Volbeat, Yanmega
Screenshot of Top 100 Ladder Ranking: None yet lol
Dark Horse Pokemon Complete Set: Its subject to change so i will not post
Sorry if I keep changing Alt. I really forgot about this challenge after a couple of really solid matches and then the magical thing called DECAY happened. was 1.6k, once i tried again i was at 1.3k and hardly got anything for winning. Well, its a learning experience. Sorry if this is kind of spamming this thread.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ending my challenge because I haven't used my Bellossom team since before the ladder reset and because I suck.

Might start a Dark Horse run again in the future with something else though.

:( was one point away from top 100 and then lost 2 games in a row and dropped to 1816....

I'll keep trying though, these damn dragmag teams.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Because metang was mostly a joke (although i actually attempted to get up there with it, lol). Im going to try and see how the other Steel/Psychic goes :3.

Pokemon Showdown! Username: Australia
Hall of Fame Standing: None this round, Platinum last round
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Bronzong
Current Ladder Standing: none yet

Pokemon Showdown! Username: Sharpie
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Bisharp
Current Ladder Standing on Pokemon Showdown!: None

Pokemon Showdown! Username: SSB4 Mewtwo
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Gothitelle

Edit: Made a new ladder alt cause the one I was on was just crawling.

Pokemon Showdown! Username: Breathtaking
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Bronzong

No one used Volbeat yet? Im suprised
Pokemon Showdown! Username: I feel bad
Dark Horse Pokemon: Volbeat, Yanmega
Screenshot of Top 100 Ladder Ranking: None yet lol
Dark Horse Pokemon Complete Set: Its subject to change so i will not post
Ya, i went 35-19 previous alt. I'm really sucking.
lol bad dog throwing up was too long.

I got hax'd

Pokemon Showdown! Username: Dark Horserider
Hall of Fame Standing:
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Sharpedo
Current Ladder Standing on Pokemon Showdown!: not started laddering only seen that the nick is avaible.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
With Genesect banned, they got rid of OU-current and reinstated old OU. As such, my ranking's down to 1486. (I've been using the same team since before Genesect was released, with the exception of switching Kingdra to Salamence.)

Pokemon Showdown! Username: Mesopotamia
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Virizion, Landorus- T
Current Ladder Standing on Pokemon Showdown!: 1779

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
oh right before i forget

we should be doing at least one more month so prepare for another thread within the next few days, once the lot of us get together to post it

As Genesect has been banned and the ladder reset, I'm going to make another run at the top 100. New alt is KeisukeHonda, pokemon are still Abomasnow/Walrein.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)