Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
bwburke94 and Pika25, I'm afraid I cannot accept your challenges.

bw: There's a rather thick line between medium-hard and hellish. That is all.

Pika: I may have said this before, but I'll say it for the record. I. HATE. GRINDING. You are asking me to grind a LV 1 Larvesta to at LEAST LV 59. I dislike this.

This is nothing against the two of you personally, I just have my reasons.

Everyone else, I love the challanges. I'll edit them into the post after I finish my Diamond Scramble update. Or tomorrow. Most likely tomorrow.

*just finished catching up on Skarm's updates*

Holy crap man, I had forgotten how well you write those things. The Pokemon mythology is a great touch.

I do have one criticism though, of chapter 20...

You really, really should have known better than to go ANYWHERE without an Antidote in a Nuzlocke :P. ESPECIALLY after it almost bit you in the ass way back at the start of this XD.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Diamond Scramble: Part 3

Well, I finally have my whole team.

There was this one Cleffa that I encountered in Mt. Coronet that caught my eye. It had a sort of...randomness to it. So I nicknamed it Random.

I then arrived at Hearthome. Naturally, I went straight to the Gym, so I could solo Fantina with Bud in order to overcome his fear of vacuum cleaners. (Remember, he's a bit slow.) But then I was told the GL wasn't there. So I went to the Contest Hall to whine about it to anyone who would hear me. And lo and behold, there was Fantina. So I was like, "FIGHT ME BITSH" and she was like "Nowai u has to get strongur" and I was like "FUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

Long story short, I grumpily made it to Veilstone. Breezy evolved along the way, that's something interesting to note. Oh, and I caught Shark Bait. Along the way, I wanted to teach Shark Bait Cut so he could slice some shrubs in two so I could get some items, but he refused for some reason. When I asked him why, he began to scrawl on the ground. Don't ask me how he picked up human writing.

N-O...

N-O-C-U-T-S...

N-O-C-U-T-S-N-O-B-U-T-S...

N-O-C-U-T-S-N-O-B-U-T-S-N-O-C-O-C-O-N-U-T-S

I kicked the fish before returning him to his Poke Ball.

There was this weird-ass clown who kept spinning a coin without giving any frame of reference, spun around, and tried to get me to guess which hand it was in.

Freak.

Anyway, I eventually got it right and got my Gambling Purse Coin Case.

But onto more important things. Like the gym.

Magical evolved during my battles to get to Maylene. IMAAAAAGINATION.

And the battle itself was grueling. I used liek, 10 Super Potions before I finallly wore down that Lucario. Who knew they could be so bulky?

And so I started the journey to Pastoria...

After dodging behind a wall to avoid Gardenia.

She just doesn't know when to quit.

Shark Bait the Goldeen
LV 18
Quirky Nature
Ability: Swift Swim
Item: N/A
-Tail Whip
-Water Pulse
-Supersonic
-Horn Attack
Comments: Pretty useless, and lacking in power. Yeah.

Random the Cleffa
LV 22
Rash Nature
Ability: Magic Guard
Item: Quick Claw
-Magical Leaf
-Sing
-Sweet Kiss
-Copycat
Comments: Gained SOME use once it learned Magical Leaf. I'm just hoping it evolves soon...

Bud the Budew
LV 22
Mild Nature
Ability: Poison Point
-Mega Drain
-Growth
-Worry Seed
-Stun Spore
Comments: He's alright still. Seriously considering choosing the Cut path and avoiding the Fantina solo...

Magical the Gyarados
LV 21
Quiet Nature
Ability: Intimidate
-Splash
-Tackle
-Bite
Comments: Really came into his own against Maylene. That's about it, I guess.

MoldBreak the Cranidos
LV 23
Modest Nature
Ability: Mold Breaker
-Focus Energy
-Hidden Power (Flying)
-Rock Tomb
-Scary Face
Comments: My team's SLEDGEHAMMAH.

Breezy the Drifblim
LV 31
Hasty Nature
Ability: Unburden
Item: Shell Bell
-Fly
-Swallow
-Payback
-Stockpile
Comments: MVP by a loooooong shot.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sure it's nothing to do with IAR's constant self-belief that his changing titles are actually somehow witty?
ITT: IAR tells users of the OI mods sense of humour & their constant title changing of the Scramble Thread. :3

Also, if you have trouble locating the thread, use Bookmarks/Thread Subscriptions/ask me or 51 or some other guy on #orangeislands to link the thread or something; Or just look out for the words MkII & Scramble.

@ Level 51: You get AFK the Panpour.

Naturally, when you started looking for challenges, I was AFK & unaware that you were asking for a challenge. As a result, from the moment you get it, which must be before you hit the Skyarrow Bridge, you must box AFK immediately, because something came up in his life, & that is where it will stay. For the rest of the Scramble...Oh wait, before you know it, AFK finally realised it missed so much, & it is kicking itself, wanting to get a piece of the action. From that point, you must take AFK out of the PC, & you have one hour (Real Time). You may only use AFK in that hour, & at the end of it, you must promptly go to N's Castle. You must solo all other Pokemon that you do not have to solo against N & Ghetsis with AFK, with a forced reboot for each failure.

Have fun.

Also, I have to write another scramble update soon, but icbf atm... ×.×

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
MAn, I'm gonna sound like a jerk...

Serarundlongname, I'll have to reject your challange for the same reason I rejected Pika's. Fun fact: You two both wanted me to grind to precisely the same level. 59. Weird, right?

Anyway, Snivy, Zorua and Larvesta are still free for anyone who wants them!

EDIT: Brammi, for your Emerald Challenge, take Bipolar the Slakoth.

Bipolar, as hinted by his name, has a personality disorder. He can be lazy at times, but quick at others. Therefore, he must hold a Quick Claw as soon as you get it. He must learn and keep Slack Off. When he evolves into a Vigoroth, you have two choices: be a slow quickie or be a quick slowpoke. Please just pick one, and don't peek at the other before you make your decision

You must evolve Bipolar into Slaking at the earliest opportunity, and he/she must keep the Quick Claw. Bipolar must not keep Slack Off, and cannot know Yawn or Amnesia. Bipolar must solo Norman, to prove he/she is the master Slaking.

Bipolar must stay a Vigoroth, and must keep Slack Off. He must use it every other turn, to simulate Truant. Bipolar must dispense with the Quick Claw. Also, Bipolar must solo Drake, to prove that oldies can still be goodies.

gl;hf

ITT: IAR tells users of the OI mods sense of humour & their constant title changing of the Scramble Thread. :3

Also, if you have trouble locating the thread, use Bookmarks/Thread Subscriptions/ask me or 51 or some other guy on #orangeislands to link the thread or something; Or just look out for the words MkII & Scramble.
Just kidding, I just look for the only thread in the forum with MkII in its name.

UllarWarlord, take MeFirst the Snivy. This Snivy has a habit of getting to things faster than anyone else. Period.

It never comes second. In fact, it gets so thrown off when it goes second in a battle that it must be switched out! If it doesn't move first on a turn (I don't care if this is due to priority, paralysis or whatever), switch it out immediately, Snivy cannot be used in the remainder of that battle (not even as death fodder).

It must always be the highest leveled pokemon in your party OR have the move with the highest Base Power (variable/multi-hit moves count as 0, Hidden Power counts as 70). Just one will do, both if you like. If you can't do either, throw out P5000 worth of items and then do whatever it takes to make at least one of these conditions true. Every time you fail at this, you must throw out P5000 of items again.

MeFirst the Snivy also must use only Grass and Normal moves in battle (it may know any move you want, but in battle only Grass and Normal). No using HM's either, but TM's are fine.

That's it. Good luck.

@ Brammi: here you go, around page 280 or something, the rest should be there as well I guess. My point on your last Crystal poke still stands.
Brammi, I had been looking to give you your last poke for your Crystal version, until I found out there was no way I could find out which pokemon are pre-elite four in Crystal. If you could give a list of the possible pokemon, it will be easier to give you that last poke.

edit: for your bw1 scramble, you get a poke which has the potential to be super easy or super hard, depending on your luck. Get ready to use RNG to find out how difficult yuor challenge is going to be. anywhere you see these brackets, rng between the numbers in between them: []

Catch the [1-5] Blitzle of level [8-13] you encounter on route 3. Name it Random!. It may evolve at level [27-40] after soloing [5-25] different trainers, while having used a maximum of [1-6] different moves on all of them in total. It has to solo [1-5] gym leaders, as well as [1-3] elite four members. It may have [1-4] damaging moves with a maximum bp including stab of [50-150]. Its moves must be of [1-4] different types. It must always be in the top[1-5] highest leveled pokemon in your party. Every [1-3] time it faints, you must throw out [5-100] times its level worth of items (resale price).

Have fun! Oh, editing in your rng'd numbers might be easy for us to see how lucky you exactly are.
@Brammi-2 For Emerald you get a lovely female Skitty. It is female, and hates touching others, so it can only learn moves coming from its special attack. When it evolves into Delcatty, it cannot learn moves anymore. Oh, it may evolve after solo'ing Norman, as it is the best normal type! (...)

GL

@UllarWarlord. Let me have a shot at your zorua: You get a lovely Zorua. It always wants to use Illusion. When it is out in battle, if it is transformed into a female team member, you can only use special-type attacks. If male, physical attacks. It wants to at least solo one pokemon of every gym leader, elite four and the champion (... That means N and Gethsis too) not already solo'd. As this is way to easy for you, you get to solo, guess who, Marshal. That is right, better use Illusion to its fullest potential (or just one-shot all of them :) )

GL

Emerald:
- Bipolar the Slakoth (Slow Quickie Path - Having looked at both after deciding, I would have preferred the other, but a challenge is a challenge. Also been itching to use a slakoth for ages now. :D)
- Female Skitty
-
-
-
-

Crystal
- Haxman the Chikorita
- Googoo the Smoochum
- Scattered the Exeggcute
- Blaine the Smeargle
- (The changed one I lost track off)
- Post E4 Mon

Black
- Taken
- Random the Blitzle
- Taken
-
-
-

I'll make a list later, but I will et to it. :)

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
UllarWarlord, take MeFirst the Snivy. This Snivy has a habit of getting to things faster than anyone else. Period.

It never comes second. In fact, it gets so thrown off when it goes second in a battle that it must be switched out! If it doesn't move first on a turn (I don't care if this is due to priority, paralysis or whatever), switch it out immediately, Snivy cannot be used in the remainder of that battle (not even as death fodder).

It must always be the highest leveled pokemon in your party OR have the move with the highest Base Power (variable/multi-hit moves count as 0, Hidden Power counts as 70). Just one will do, both if you like. If you can't do either, throw out P5000 worth of items and then do whatever it takes to make at least one of these conditions true. Every time you fail at this, you must throw out P5000 of items again.

MeFirst the Snivy also must use only Grass and Normal moves in battle (it may know any move you want, but in battle only Grass and Normal). No using HM's either, but TM's are fine.

That's it. Good luck.
I like this challange. Accepted!

Brammi, did you get my challenge for Black? I'll post it again in case you missed it.
Brammi, you get TeamPlayer the Sigilyph. TeamPlayer, as his name suggests, loves to help out his team. As a result, he loves supporting moves. As soon as possible, he must learn Tailwind, either Light Screen or Reflect, Safeguard, and another move of your choice. In addition, whenever he is in your lead slot, another Pokémon in your party must be holding the Exp. Share. Whenever your active Pokémon faints, Teamplayer must be switched in.

@Ullar since you seem to hate grinding, take Agrizoo the Larvesta (Agrizoophobia is the fear of wild animals, but its too long. Yes, I did look up the fear of wild animals.). Agrizoo may never battle a wild pokemon. Never. EVER. If you have to train him up, use the Exp. Share or trainers. He may never evolve and must solo all the gym trainers of 1 gym and 3 E4 pokes. GL;HF!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Oh my god! :D I love that one! I suppose he can't really refuse it.
"I hate grinding!"
"Well, I like grinding a bit!" XD

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
@UllarWarlord. Let me have a shot at your zorua: You get a lovely Zorua. It always wants to use Illusion. When it is out in battle, if it is transformed into a female team member, you can only use special-type attacks. If male, physical attacks. It wants to at least solo one pokemon of every gym leader, elite four and the champion (... That means N and Gethsis too) not already solo'd. As this is way to easy for you, you get to solo, guess who, Marshal. That is right, better use Illusion to its fullest potential (or just one-shot all of them :) )

GL
Nice and creative. Accepted!

@Ullar since you seem to hate grinding, take Agrizoo the Larvesta (Agrizoophobia is the fear of wild animals, but its too long. Yes, I did look up the fear of wild animals.). Agrizoo may never battle a wild pokemon. Never. EVER. If you have to train him up, use the Exp. Share or trainers. He may never evolve and must solo all the gym trainers of 1 gym and 3 E4 pokes. GL;HF!
...really? REALLY? Fine, you jerks. (I never really battle wildmons anyway lol)

Episode 2 of my Emerald Scramble is up on Youtube!

Link here! More details on the scramble in general through the link in my signature.

Sorry it's a day late, I guess I was just intimidated by the prospect of editing the 1h 15 minutes I had recorded down to a reasonable length. In the end I got it down to 34 minutes, which is just slightly longer than the last one.

Which brings me to a question I want to ask you guys; do you guys like these long episodes, or would you rather I break the updates into smaller chunks that are easier to find time to watch?

Also I'd still greatly appreciate any feedback people could give me on the videos; especially SPECIFIC feedback. While it's great to hear from people telling me they thought it was good and all, it doesn't really do much to tell me what I'm doing right and wrong so I know what, if anything, needs changing. Don't worry about hurting my feelings if something is off either. I need to know if I'm doing something wrong so I can fix it!

In any case, I hope you like it!

Emerald:
- Bipolar the Slakoth (Slow Quickie Path - Having looked at both after deciding, I would have preferred the other, but a challenge is a challenge. Also been itching to use a slakoth for ages now. :D)
- Female Skitty
-
-
-
-

Crystal
- Haxman the Chikorita
- Googoo the Smoochum
- Scattered the Exeggcute
- Blaine the Smeargle
- (The changed one I lost track off)
- Post E4 Mon

Black
- Taken
- Random the Blitzle
- TeamPlayer the Sigilyph (Turns my usual method of training on its head.)
-
-
-

Ullar:

Do take note that Marshal's Sawk has Sturdy Ability. Good luck trying to flinch the thing before it can fight right back! Or hope to survive close combat, which you probably can't unless at a high enough level.

I am reissuing Larvesta. Still nicknamed Flare, still solos 2 Elite Four Mons, except this time it may never evolve to Volcarona.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Brammi, you are in serious need of Pokemon.

For Emerald, take a Mudkip named Oshawott. For Black, take an Oshawott named Mudkip. Neither one can evolve, and both must solo a gym leader, but only after you have 4 gym badges already. Once you have 8 gym badges, you will use the Move Deleter and delete three of their moves immediately; they may NEVER relearn those moves again, so pick wisely! You may of course get back to 4 moves learned after you delete those three.

Naix's Colosseum Scramble!

So after nearly a month of not posting in this thread, I am back! Recently I have wanted to play Colosseum again, so I'd like a Scramble-Gauntlet hybrid (Scrauntlet?) of it.

The Rules are as follows

Obligatory "no drudgery" rule.
I'd like to have 2 Gauntlets.
Gauntlets medium difficulty, Scramblemons hard difficulty.
Unless stated otherwise or at my discretion, Gauntlets will always have higher priority over a Scramblemon's restrictions.
I'd really prefer not to use Plusle, Scizor, or anything after Raikou. I'm okay with using legendaries, though.
I'm okay if I don't use one/both of Espeon and Umbreon as long as I have at least 3 Pokemon prior to Pyrite Colosseum.
Remember, I will reject a Pokemon or Gauntlet if I find it too hard or even too easy, but you will still have a spot reserved if you want to try again.
I am willing to accept a Pokemon and a Gauntlet from the same person.
I would like to snag all of the Shadow Pokemon in the game, so nothing that would prevent me from doing so would be nice.
Due to the fact that all of the battles in the game are double battles, soloes of trainers would be incredibly difficult, if not impossible, so please don't ask me to solo any trainers. However, I am willing to accept restrictions along the lines of "must solo 1 Pokemon on every Cipher Admin's team".

Team Lineup and Gauntlets (Note: Gauntlets are in Italics)

1. ImTooCute the Ledian (Treadshot A1) (Prediction: LVP)
2. Unproven the Yanma (Jimera0) (Prediction: Second from LVP)
3. Tom the Espeon (Pika25) (Prediction: MVP)
4. Vanguard the Flaaffy (Quark) (Prediction: Third from MVP)
5. LetsDance the Sudowoodo (celever) (Prediction: Second from MVP)
6. Stall the Bayleef (inanimate blob) (Prediction: Third from LVP)

1. Can't in any circumstance use healing items or healing moves while a Shadow Pokemon is on the field (Treadshot A1)
2. Can't use the ball duplication glitch when trying to snag Shadow Pokemon (Pika25)

Chapters

Notes: Shades of gray imply the person speaking is doing so in a hushed manner. The lighter the shade of gray, the quieter the speaker is. Meanwhile, bolded letters imply raised voices. If characters appear often and/or are important to the plot, they will have different text colors when speaking. (Parentheses are used when someone is thinking.) Finally, anything the narrator (I) has to say or comment on will be in italics.

I'd like to start this off with saying Pokemon Colosseum is one of my favorite Pokemon games. It is easily in the top 5, with its sequel, Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, and the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series being the only games that can trump it 9 times out of 10

Awesome intro? Check. (Would link to a YouTube video of it if I could find a high-quality one.)
Intimidating (but not ludicrous) level jumps? Check.
Unique main characters? Check.
Good music? Check.
Orre as a continent? Awesome.
Plot? Suffers from villians having butterfingers as well as a few deus ex machinae near the end, but it's a step above the norm.
Awesome starters? You begin the game with a nuke and a tank, so duh.
Pokemon selection? Most of the early Pokemon tend to seriously lag as the game progresses, forcing you to swap them out for ones that come later, which can be troublesome due to the aforementioned level jumps.

Anyway, onto the actual story!

In the world of Pokemon, there is a continent known as Orre. It is dominantly land-based, and the majority of it is a vast desert. There would be little to no reason to live there if it weren't for one thing: the fact that Orre's desert has vast amounts of iron and other metals beneath the ground. A rumor of gold being just abundant in Orre spread, and there was almost nothing stopping the big-shot mining companies as well as small-time miners hoping to hit it rich from coming in once they heard it. Of course, no gold was found, but in place of that they discovered rich mines of Iron, Copper, and other various other minerals. With these, villages were constructed all over Orre. Some of them grew into towns which proceeded to grow into cities, while other villages were either too far out of the way or didn't have a mine large enough to justify the constant extra effort to continue mining, and as such those villages were abandoned over time. A train was used to transport the ore from Orre to the other regions, and a road-like system was used for easy transportation from city to city.

However, over an extended period of time even the richest mines dried up, and the mining companies pulled out once they realized it. As such, the majority of Orre's cities, save for Phenac, stagnated in growth and most of them even became abandoned. This caused the aforementioned train to be abandoned as well, and it has recently been modified to be a cross between a diner, a shop, and a gas station. The law enforcement in each city was also harshly reduced, often with little more than 10 officers per locale, if any at all. Also due to the lack of substantial law enforcement, use of Pokemon outside of battle, and as such the Pokemon-related murder rate drastically increased, and gangs and criminal organizations such as Team Snagem started to take over, and that's where I come in...

I am the son of the chief of the (now abandoned) Zinc Town's police force. My parents and everyone else close to me were killed by Team Snagem, leaving only Tom, an Espeon, and Will, an Umbreon, as my sole companions. The reason why I managed to avoid getting killed was because I was running errands for my family, specifically to pick up something from Phenac City. I can't say what it was, though, as I never saw what was inside the parcel. Anyway, in order to enact my revenge on Team Snagem, I decided I had to eliminate as many similarities between my father and I as I could, so as not to raise suspicion. To do so, I changed my appearance (hairstyle, clothing), started riding by means of a vehicle that can best be described as a motorcycle with a semi's engine and a sidecar with a hovering device (for balance, of course), and even changed my name. When deciding what to change my name to, I wanted to pick something mysterious, but easy to remember. After hours of thought, I eventually settled on Naix as my name.

Anyway, after I felt I had done enough to eliminate any traces of my past, I searched for a flyer, a Team Snagem member, any way for me to sign up for Team Snagem. After hours of searching, I encountered a Team Snagem grunt somewhere in Eclo Canyon, and asked him if they were accepting new recruits.

He replied, "We're always accepting new members! In fact, I joined Team Snagem just 3 weeks ago! I'll inform Gonzap on this, but first we'll need to think of a location for the interview. Hmm... some place without any bystanders, yet somewhere that's easy to find... how about Zinc Town?"

"It's as good as anywhere, so why not?" I said in response, and I followed up on that promise and went to the recently abandoned Zinc Town the next day, where I was introduced to Gonzap, leader of Team Snagem.

The interview was held in the city's police department, and save for a few moments where I noted the irony in the situation the interview went smoothly, and I was signed up as a Snagger.

Now, Team Snagem's members can be split into 3 categories: Negotiators, Coordinators, and Snaggers. Negotiators make up over half of Team Snagem, and are the combat specialists. What I mean by that is not solely Pokemon battles, but actual physical combat as well. The Coordinators typically don't have Pokemon, but they're expert tacticians who determine where the Negotiators and Snaggers should strike. Finally, the Snaggers are the members of Team Snagem whose forte is Snagging whatever Pokemon any resistance would use to try to repel the Negotiators. Because of this, the Snaggers generally have the most capable Pokemon in Team Snagem, barring of course Gonzap, Team Snagem's leader.

The way Snaggers steal Pokemon from others is from a contraption known as the Snag Machine. The Snag Machine is a device invented solely to Snag Pokemon belonging to other trainers. Two of them are currently in existence: the prototype Snag Machine and a more portable Snag Machine. The prototype Snag Machine has the ability to erase the ID number of multiple Pokemon at a time, replacing said ID number with one of the user's choice. However, it is large, heavy, and difficult to conceal. Because of that, the prototype Snag Machine generally stays in Team Snagem's hideout in Eclo Canyon. The more recent model, on the other hand, is more compact and can be carried around by one person with little to no worry about being weighed down. Unlike the prototype, the compact Snag Machine can't be used to Snag more than one Pokemon at a time. In terms of aesthetics, the compact Snag Machine could pass as a pattern on a long-sleeved shirt. Because of the fact that only 2 Snag Machines exist, Team Snagem's Snaggers tend to have a lot of free time on their hands, something I believe I put to good use...

For those wondering, I used the spare time going to Antimony City. The reason? I discovered while leading an attack on its citizens that the black market there included a group of people constructing explosive devices. While they aren't enough to level entire cities on their own, they're small, easy to conceal, and can leave quite a mark on buildings. Antimony City's police department would have assuredly done all in their power to stop those constructing the mines if it wasn't for the fact that it was blown up by one of said mines. What I did was simple: I tracked down those who constucted the mines and "bought" three of them. I then proceeded to leave one with all the others, and once I felt I was far enough away from Antimony City, I activated the detonation trigger "given" to me and... well... let's just say nobody has to worry about Antimony City's black market any more.

Of course, once news about the explosion in Antimony broke out, officials went out to investigate immediately, leaving their cities and towns unprotected, a perfect opportunity for Team Snagem to attack said towns. I was one of the few people left behind for the purpose of defending the base. Using the opportunity, I hid the other 2 mines I "purchased" in the base. When the rest of Team Snagem came back, the mines were placed and set to detonate whenever I decided to do so.

The opportunity came a week later. I wanted to wait until I knew Gonzap and both of the Snag Machines were in the base, so I could hopefully destroy them. On that day, I saw Gonzap's Skarmory flying over the base. Gonzap's Skarmory acts as a lookout of sorts, alerting any potential intruders.

Then, when nobody was expecting it... *Kaboom!*

I left my Espeon, Tom, to guard my vehicle while I had Will, my Umbreon, go in with me. I knew I had to act fast, so I sprinted towards the Snag Machines along with the others. Of course, while they were hoping the Snag Machines were intact, I wasn't. When I got there, it turned out that while the prototype was wrecked while the compact version somehow withstood the blast. Because of the fact that the compact Snag Machine survived the explosion, I had to steal it. Otherwise, Team Snagem could still Snag Pokemon to their hearts' content, as they rarely used the prototype Snag Machine.

Of course, once I did so, I had to make a run towards my motorbike, but other members of Team Snagem saw what I did, and it turned out a good amount of them were Negotiators. I managed to make it to the motorbike, but Will fell behind, and when Team Snagem caught up to him, they caused so much bodily harm that he couldn't even walk any more.

While I could've just made my getaway, I didn't want to lose another of my companions to Team Snagem, so I had Will create a psychic blast in Will's general area. Since Will's a Dark-type, he wasn't affected by it, but the Team Snagem members got blasted away. After that, I went to grab Will. By that time Gonzap had escaped the Hideout and was running towards me, so I had to book it. Thankfully, he was too far away to get me. I made it to my motorbike and as such got away. All I heard in the background was a yell of "NNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII---"
Which was then promptly cut off by a second *Kaboom*

My plan was originally to destroy both Snag Machines and/or Team Snagem's base. I managed to steal the compact Snag Machine while damaging the prototype beyond repair, meaning they can't use either, and Orre shouldn't be hearing about Team Snagem for quite a while, so my plan could be considered a success. My plan after that was to turn the Snag Machine I nabbed to Phenac City's mayor, but on the way there I noticed the fuel on my motorbike was veering on "E"...

When I was headed for Phenac City, I noticed my motorbike was running low on fuel, so I had to stop at the Outskirt Stand to refuel. After the mines dried up, the train transporting the ore from them to other regions was abandoned in the middle of a desert. Recently, it was remodeled into a gas station and a diner. As such, it's a place commonly visited by tourists (rare as they are) and travelers native to Orre alike.

As I pulled in, I noticed that a truck was also parked at Ouskirt Stand. In the trunk, I saw a bag that had something in it. I had little idea of what it was, but I knew for sure whatever was in it was alive, as I could see it moving about. Then, as I was headed toward the ramp required for entering Outskirt Stand, 2 teenagers, both appearing to be around 16 years old, left the building and struck up a conversation. It went something along the lines of...

"Fwahhh! I love pigging out after a hard day's work! It adds to the flavor, I swear!"

"True that. And considering our catch, that feast was well deserved. Anyway, Boss is probably wondering where we are, so we'd better be headed back to Pyrite."

"That's fine with me, but I feel like we're forgetting something..."

"Well, think about it this way: whatever it is you forgot probably isn't too important if you forgot about it. Besides, if Boss finds out we're missing..."

"Good point. I'll probably remember what it is I forgot on the way back."

And with that, they both left, not even noticing me or my bike, allowing me to enter the Locomotive. The reason I couldn't is because they happened to have their conversation just so they were blocking the ramp, effectively preventing anybody from entering.

When I entered and requesting my bike to get topped up, a news flash occurred on the TV there. It, of course, was about the discovery of the (destroyed, of course) Team Snagem Hideout. As I was the one who caused the explosions, I already knew about most of what was reported. There was one thing I didn't know that was reported, though, and that was that when the investigation team arrived, there was a small number of Team Snagem members who were actually found amongst the carnage, and the total body count was in the 30's, definitely not Team Snagem in its entirety. Another thing is that Gonzap was not reported to be at the scene, which when combined with the fact that he was outside when I detonated the second mine means he's still alive and most likely plotting his revenge plot.

By the time I reached that conclusion, I was informed that my bike's gas tank was filled, so I proceeded to pay the bill and be on my way. But just as I was warming up the engine...

"Hey you, wait! There's something I'd like to ask you."

I looked to see who it was. Turned out it was the guy I paid on the way out. He was the person in charge of fulfilling the gas-related orders given to him by Outskirt Stand's owner. As he walked over, I readied Tom and Will, just in case if he had any funny ideas. Thankfully, I was incorrect, as he just wanted to make small talk.

"My name's Willie. I'm the fellow in charge of all gas-related affairs in the Outskirt Stand, and I tend to know a tourist from a local. Your outfit doesn't strike me as familiar, so I was wondering where you're from."

"I'm indeed a tourist," I responded, not wanting to reveal to anybody that I was from Zinc Town. If I did, he might get suspicious of how I managed to survive the massacre over there a few months ago. "To be specific, my hometown is Fall City, Fiore."

"Fiore, eh? We don't tend to get people drop in all the way from there, but then again tourists aren't too common in the first place, so I guess I'm not surprised. Are you a Ranger on vacation?"

"No, I'm not. I'm one of the few people there who are actually trainers. Trainers are hard to come by in Fiore due to the abundance of Rangers, and the few who do can only battle in specific arenas, and there's a 3-turn limit for each Pokemon that is sent out. It can get pretty boring, so that's why I came to Orre: to train up my Pokemon in one of the most battle-heavy regions in the world, or so I hear."

"Well, in that case, you might want to head over to Mt. Battle. It's around the northmost point in Orre, and it's almost directly north of the tower the Mayor of Phenac City's constructing. Before you do that; however, would you like a warm-up match against me, while I'm here?"

"Sure, why not?" I answered, and so began the first battle of my life where I only used one Pokemon. Ever since Tom and Will were under my posession, they always fought side by side. Back when they were merely Eevee, they tended to mirror each other's actions, occasionally ganging up on one opponent. After they evolved, though, they actually adopted unique strategies of their own, with theit main battle strategy consisting of Tom battering the opponent with its psychic powers and Will covering for Tom, making sure he doesn't get hurt. But now that Will is... on permanent leave... from battling, Tom had to make use of his high Speed to avoid assault while attacking its opponents with blasts of Confusion to survive in battle. Fortunately, Willie's Zigzagoon had a tendency to follow the exact same attack pattern as each other, despite there being two of them, resulting in an easy victory for Tom and I.

And with that victory, I proceeded towards Phenac City. Phenac City, the opulent city of water, is Orre's largest City and as such is often considered to be its capital, despite it not being officially recognized as such worldwide. Unlike the other cities in Orre, Phenac's activity wasn't dependent on any nearby mines; rather, Phenac City was built around an abnormally large oasis, one that could allow for easy transportation of Water to other cities in Orre without the need for trans-continental railroads. Soon, Phenac Oasis had its own village, which, much like all of Orre's mine-based cities, eventually increased in scale to a town, and later a city. Unlike said mine-based cities, Phenac City didn't have to worry about a finite amount of ore in its mines running out, mainly because it didn't have any to speak of. No Pokemon, desert-native or otherwise, were found in Phenac City despite people having lived there for years, and this was the deciding factor on whether or not to continue searching for any Pokemon native to Orre. Notable parts of Phenac City include the Prestige Precept Gym, often referred to as the Pre Gym for the sake of conciseness,a Colosseum in the northernmost part of the City, and a beauteous fountain in the middle of the plaza. One last note about Phenac City is the fact that unlike other cities over the years, Phenac has retained its concept of having elected figures of authority, but this paragraph is getting long enough as it is, so I shall save you all the trouble and tell you about Phenac's authority figures when they come into play.

Anyway, I was headed to Phenac City, but when I arrived, I noticed were 2 certain people I wasn't expecting to see...

"Of all the things to forget, it HAD to be gas, didn't it?"

"Well, if you'd given me time to try to recall, this wouldn't have happened, but noooooo, we had to get back to out post noooooowwwww, and NOW we have to pick up gas in town rather than having it pumped directly into the truck. Nice going, we're now forced to be away from our posts for at least 15 more minutes. Our punishment... uuugggghhhh..."

"Or perhaps if you told me the truck was low when we arrived at Outskirt Stand, then I most likely would have remembered that when we got there."

"So now you're saying you remember things better than me? Please. If memory serves, you were the one in charge of-"

"Mmph!"

It was those 2 teens chatting in front of Outskirt Stand's entrance earlier. Normally, I would have ignored them and moved along, but their argument seemed to cause a reaction to whatever was in the bag in their vehicle's trunk. Of course, I became curious as to what it was (as well as what they were talking about in their conversation, specifically being late for their posts and the apparent severity of their punishment, among other things), so against my better judgement I walked up to them and said hi.

Well, the Gauntlet thread isn't really responding much, so I'll post here.

I'm going a playthrough of Pokemon Green. I cannot trade, and I would like the difficulty to be medium to hard. However, I absolutely refuse to grind for challenges. Anyone who tells me that I need to grind something will be ignored. Keep in mind that this is Green version, and thus hold items cannot be used.

So after nearly a month of not posting in this thread, I am back! Recently I have wanted to play Colosseum again, so I'd like a Scramble-Gauntlet hybrid (Scrauntlet?) of it.

The Rules are as follows

Obligatory "no drudgery" rule.
I'd like to have 2 Gauntlets.
Gauntlets medium difficulty, Scramblemons hard difficulty.
Unless stated otherwise or at my discretion, Gauntlets will always have higher priority over a Scramblemon's restrictions.
I'd really prefer not to use Plusle, Scizor, or anything after Raikou. I'm okay with using legendaries, though.
I'm okay if I don't use one/both of the Eeveelutions, as long as I have at least 3 prior to Pyrite Colosseum. If I can't use either of the Eeveelutions, I am still free to use them until I obtain 2 Scramblemons.
Remember, I will reject a Scramblemon or Gauntlet if I find it too hard or even too easy, but you will still have a spot reserved for 3-5 hours if you want to try again.
I am willing to accept a Scramblemon and a Gauntlet from the same person.
I would like to snag all of the Shadow Pokemon in the game, so nothing that would prevent me from doing so would be nice.
Reminder: Due to the fact that all of the battles in the game are double battles, soloes would be incredibly difficult, if not impossible, so no soloing please.

Team Lineup and Gauntlets (Note: Gauntlets are in Italics)

1. Open
2. Open
3. Open
4. Open
5. Open
6. Open

1. Open
2. Open
In a shocking twist of events, Treadshot decides to actually let you use a Flareon! Call it Why? and make sure it never uses a Fire type move in battle.

No held items are allowed either, except Choice Band, however Flareon must lead all Mt. Battle battles and never be switched out in those battles. Flareon cannot be healed during a battle in Mt. Battle either.

Oh, and Flareon throws in a Gauntlet: You may never ever use a healing item or healing move while a Shaodw Pokemon is on the field.

In a shocking twist of events, Treadshot decides to actually let you use a Flareon! Call it Why? and make sure it never uses a Fire type move in battle.

No held items are allowed either, except Choice Band, however Flareon must lead all Mt. Battle battles and never be switched out in those battles. Flareon cannot be healed during a battle in Mt. Battle either.

Oh, and Flareon throws in a Gauntlet: You may never ever use a healing item or healing move while a Shaodw Pokemon is on the field.
I'm sorry, but I won't be able to accept Why? due to the fact that "Espeon and Umbreon" is what I meant by Eeveelutions in my previous post. *Proceeds to change every mention of "Eeveelutions" to "Espeon and Umbreon"*

I will accept your Gauntlet, however, and will also leave a reserved spot for you in the Scramblemon section. Sorry about the mistake I made!

*Woops..colosseum, not XD...

Anyways, change it to ImTooCute the Ledian (Cipher Peon Kloak, The Under).

This Ledian realised, ever since Game Freak made, that it was a crappy competitive pokemon. It's only redeeming feature was that it was remarkably cute for a bug pokemon.

As a result, ImTooCute can never use any contact moves, as people can't appreciate how cute a pokemon it is if it's too close.

Also, it can never hold items, as they distract people from Ledian itself.

Oh, and Ledian cannot be on the field at the time you attempt to snag a Shadow Pokemon.

Add to that, Ledian must lead and never be switched out and never be healed for at least 20 consecutive battles in Mt. Battle, not including the first 10 which are mandatory.

That's it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)