Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

After a few days of playing I've reached now a 105 SuperDouble Winstreak.
Not really a "huge" record but anyways this streak is still counting but I've a lot of school stuff to do and this streak will be continue later ..... maybe.

This team is the same of the 919 SuperDouble Winstreak holder R Inanimate with some little changes:

Politoed ** AuqantosV2
Item & Nature: Choice Scarf - Timid
Iv's´: 31 - x - 31 - 31 - 31 - 31
Ev's: 252 Sp.Attack - 252 Speed - 4 HP
Stats(Lv.50): 166 - 78 - 95 - 142 - 120 - 134
Moves: Surf, IceBeam, Psychic, FocusBlast

The main Pokemon for this team. Set up the Rain and let the other Teammates sweep. With 134 Speed it reaches with the Choice Scarf 201 Speed which means that Politoed is able to outspeed the biggest threat of Politoed, Jolteon. STAB Thunder sucks on Politoed but thanks to Gastrodon which has a immunity to Electric. Not much to say about it. Mostly it uses 90% Surf and 10% Ice Beam (to handle with Dragons like Latias or Latios).

Ludicolo ** Euleptus
Nature & Item : Absorb Bulb - Modest
Iv's: 31 - x - 31 - 31 - 31 - 31
Ev's: 252 Sp.Attack - 212 Speed - 36 HP - 4 Defense - 4 Sp.Defense
Stats(Lv.50): 160 - 71 - 91 - 156 - 121 - 117
Moves: Surf, IceBeam, GrassKnot, FakeOut

Mostly it starts with Surf but sometimes I have to FakeOut bulky walls like Lapras etc. and mostly I got with Surf on Politoed to get the Absorb Bulb boost and try to take bulky pokes in the next turn out (with Surf or GrassKnot mostly). IceBeam for Dragon types the rest is self-explanatory.

Gastrodon ** Pudding
Nature & Item: Quiet - Leftovers
Iv's: 31 - x - 31 - 31 - 31 - 0
Ev's: 232 Sp.Attack - 120 HP - 92 Defense - 64 Sp.Defense
Stats: 201 - 98 - 100 - 155 - 110 - 39
Moves: Surf, EarthPower, IceBeam, Protect

One word....MONSTER. This pokemon is just awesome for this team because it absorbs electric attacks and gets everytime a + 1 Sp.Attack boost after using Surf. Furthemore the AI ignores Water Absorb (like R Inanimate has said). STAB EarthPower and Surf are perfect for it. Actually I use Leftovers over RindoBerry because I can't get a RindoBerry .... My Wi-fi sucks at the moment.... and Leftovers can be more useful instead of RindoBerry. The 4x weakness against Grass isn't bad at all because Scizor helps Gastrodon out because Scizor is easily to switch againts Grass attacks because the 4x resistance.

Scizor ** BulletGun
Nature & Item: Adamant - Bug Gem
Iv's: 31 - 31 - 31 - x - 31 - 31
Ev's: 252 Attack - 192 Speed - 60 HP - 8 Sp.Defense
Stats: 153 - 200 - 120 - 67 - 101 - 109
Moves: SuperPower, BugBite, BulletPunch, Protect

Covers Gastrodons weaknesses perfectly with the 4x resistance against Grass type like I've mentioned. I use BugGem over LifeOrb because I hate the recoil of the damage and Scizor is strong enough in my opinion. I've actually 109 Speed because I haven't seen that R Inanimate's Scizor hadn't perfect speed Iv's. Whatever, not much to say about the moveset and the Ev-spread. SuperPower for Heatran and other counters and the 192 speed ev's to outspeed all Heatran set's except the Choice Scarf one. BulletPunch for revenge kills (like Sturdy Gigalith with Custap Berry).BugBite for Grass/Psychic/Dark types.

This team hasn't really much problems only Hippodown, Tyranitar, Abomasnow are a pain because they destroy the Rain and can bring you in a bad situation sometimes. Except Abomasnow but thanks to Scizor with BugBite/ BulletPunch it isn't a huge threat anymore but other pokes are really anoying because a lot of them have ThunderWave or SuperEffective moves againts my pokes which really hurts.WideGuard Pokes are annoying too but I haven't faced much of them (maybe 2 times). The most annoying pokes are:

373|Togekiss|Calm|SitrusBerry|Encore|ThunderWave|Reflect|FollowMe|HP/Spd

One time I've used FakeOut on it and my Politoed used Surf and after the Absorb Bulb boost it took the IceBeam with maybe .... 1 HP and ThunderWaved me -.-'
But not only Togekiss is annoying, Blissey is one of the best Special Walls ever and is a huge threat to my team too...but only this set would bring me in trouble for a long battle:

893|Blissey|Bold|ChopleBerry|Toxic|Minimize|MudBomb|Softboiled|Def/SpD

It avoided a lot of attacks but thankfully Scizor could beat it with SuperPower after 6 times Minimize and a lot of misses O_o

Before I've started using this Team I chose for the first 49 battles this awesome team from this person

I really laughted sometimes how the AL was stupid but elektric attacks could take that team sometimes really quickly out...anyways I hope you enjoy the post and good luck with your streaks.

Proof:

Just got my 105 streak in Super Singles, streak is on going. Credit to Yadahazai and Jumpman16. Team is fairly idiot proof, managed to stuff up alternating between protect and dragon dance occasionally and still managed to win. Only really frustration is playing that damn Cloud minigame for the 800th time to get Durant, also can be a tad frustrating to get the Egg moves on Whimsicott.

Whimiscott@Focus Sash
Jolly(252hp, 38 def, 220 spe)
Ability: Prankster
-Taunt
-Encore
-Knock Off
-Memento

Durant@Choice Scarf
Jolly(252 hp, 18 spDef, 240 spe)
Ability: Truant
-Entrainment
-Crunch
-Bug Bite
-Iron Head

Wasn't too fussy about the moves so long as it had Entrainment.

Dragonite@Leftovers
Adamant(204hp, 252atk, 20Def, 28 SpDef, 4 Spe)
Ability: Multiscale
-Dragon Dance
-Protect
-Dragon Claw
-Substitute

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ok I'm ready to make public my actual unironic foray into doubles! Here goes nothing:

Whimsicott (F) Focus sash ** np: Blow
EVs: 252Def/252SpD/4Spe
Nature: Bold
~ Tailwind
~ Fake Tears
~ Endeavor
~ Encore

Broken. This thing is so good it's not even fair. Every move is perfect and does exactly what I want in an Eruptran supporter, and save Endeavor comes with priority to boot. 135HP is its minimum and it does retain a 31 HP IV because its survivability does kind of matter even with sash and the utility of 1HP Endeavor, but maybe it doesn't. Fake Tears is a goddam riot and does what I want it to: make Eruption hurt as much shit as possible. With Fire Gem, Fake Tears Eruption does 95.7% min to max HP Swampert (my benchmark for raw damage for some reason) and easily kills less bulky resists.

The kicker is priority Encore though: you haven't lived until you've Encored Curse or Dragon Dance or Earthquake (Heatran used Protect then switched with either EQ-immune poke) or Fake Out and then done whatever the hell you want to, knowing that you can just Encore things like DD or whatever a faster poke uses if Tailwind peters out (Whimsy's 137 speed).

Whimsy's synergy with Heatran deserves a mention too: I don't care about foe EQs even when Heatran protects (I don't think anything's Surfed yet after 300+ battles, surprisingly). And Bug/Ice stuff that "threaten" Whimsy are swiftly drowned in Eruptran's ancient fiery fury. All in all this Tailwind "test" has worked out well I'd say—I tried Trick Room for a bit with Reuniclus which also gets Endeavor but too much stuff double targeted which made things dicey even with a backup TR poke (P2).

Heatran @ Fire Gem ** ヒードラン
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4HP/252SpA/252pe
Nature: Quiet
~ Eruption
~ HP Electric
~ Earth Power
~ Protect

I think it's pretty funny how Heatran was just about my least favorite pokemon when DP first came out ("slow and weak to EQ", no setup moves, why the fuck don't you learn Eruption). But since that last knock has been remedied, I've really grown to love it, as is obvious to anyone who followed the Eruption Project. This set is pretty self-explanatory: EP/Protect are mind-numbingly standard, and HP Electric for Gyarados I guess. I say "I guess" because I just Erupt on other water types because it's actually stronger: 70 × 2 vs 150 × 1.5 (STAB) × 1.5 (Gem) × 0.75 (Doubles) / 2 (Type) = 140 vs 126...but that's on two pokes. I'm not using HP Electric on like Starmie if its partner is gonna die to Eruption.

Despite the forced Quiet nature, Heatran is still fast enough, at 116 speed, to outspeed virtually everything under Tailwind. I was worried at first about Tailwind not offering enough turns to kill stuff compared to Trick Room, but that quickly proved to be a relative non-issue. I was kinda of tired of relying on having to get TR up and not being able to attack Turn 1 if I wanted to. With 116 speed, Heatran has the occasional option of using Eruption Turn 1 as Whimsicott uses Tailwind, making for relatively worry-free battles, which is always a good thing.

Latios (M) @ Dragon Gem ** unban me
EVs: 4HP/252SpA/252Spe
Nature: Timid
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Luster Purge
~ Tailwind
~ Helping Hand

I thought long and hard about the best pokes to back up the incredibly solid Whimsitran core. I originally decided on Latios because of Heal Pulse to reload Eruption should I need to, but I've found that the utility of Heal Pulse was less than that of any of the fine support moves Latios learns. Helping Hand works for my 4th poke and is mathematically better even for Eruption if Heatran is at 66% HP or higher.

STAB Gem move reliable goodness for the stuff I want to kill, and lol at a competitive use for LUSTER PURGE. 50% SpD drop is awesome and probably has more theoretical utility than Psychic or Psyshock (70 base power vs 80 or 90 but then 50% chance of SpD drop for two pokes with spread moves), and in practice I have actually needed it to beat that blasted Minimize Blissey (with Aura Sphere). Timid to get Tailwind up as fast as possible should I need it. Latios is as dependable as ever, surprise?

Togekiss (F) @ Normal Gem ** np kiss me
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Modest
~ Hyper Voice
~ Air Slash
~ Aura Sphere
~ Protect

Now this poke has varied a bit but I finally found one with a spread move and that wasn't a relative pushover. Not that Blastoise is (I never tried it), but I'd rather rely on Hyper Voice than another HP-dependent move. With a Gem, Normal Gem is pretty damn cool, and if the AI double-targets and kills Whimsy on Turn 1 their team is in a lot of trouble because pretty much nothing likes Eruption + Hyper Voice, certainly not with gems intact. Aura Sphere for Rocks I guess, though I definitely use it more than Air Slash (95% accuracy).

Air Slash *is* mandatory for ghosts, so there's that, but it's not like I actually intend to flinchhax my win to wins...I've actually considered Super Luck but flinching things like Bronzong is cool in a pinch. I'm glad I can go full Modest here because that's fun as hell, and I'm even more glad that Togekiss is a bulkyass bitch that does not die easily even with uninvested defenses because 85/95/115 is no joke.

This team is no joke either, though its sheer power does make me laugh quite a bit. I'm at 161 right now for what it's worth, but I'm only really playing because this is actual, legitimate fun for me (I haven't even beaten the regular single train in b2w2 yet). I wish sharing battles were easier because there have been quite a few jaw-dropping ones and only a few scares (QC EQ from Ursaring at like 159 killing Tran then QC CC on Togekiss but that missed, not that that kills even with a CH). I'll keep you updated probably, I don't type up long posts like this for nothing lol

Ok I'm ready to make public my actual unironic foray into doubles! Here goes nothing:

Whimsicott (F) @Focus Sash ** np: Blow
EVs: 252Def/252SpD/4Spe
Nature: Bold
~ Tailwind
~ Fake Tears
~ Endeavor
~ Encore

Broken. This thing is so good it's not even fair. Every move is perfect and does exactly what I want in an Eruptran supporter, and save Endeavor comes with priority to boot. 135HP is its minimum and it does retain a 31 HP IV because its survivability does kind of matter even with sash and the utility of 1HP Endeavor, but maybe it doesn't. Fake Tears is a goddam riot and does what I want it to: make Eruption hurt as much shit as possible. With Fire Gem, Fake Tears Eruption does 95.7% min to max HP Swampert (my benchmark for raw damage for some reason) and easily kills less bulky resists.

The kicker is priority Encore though: you haven't lived until you've Encored Curse or Dragon Dance or Earthquake (Heatran used Protect then switched with either EQ-immune poke) or Fake Out and then done whatever the hell you want to, knowing that you can just Encore things like DD or whatever a faster poke uses if Tailwind peters out (Whimsy's 137 speed).

Whimsy's synergy with Heatran deserves a mention too: I don't care about foe EQs even when Heatran protects (I don't think anything's Surfed yet after 300+ battles, surprisingly). And Bug/Ice stuff that "threaten" Whimsy are swiftly drowned in Eruptran's ancient fiery fury. All in all this Tailwind "test" has worked out well I'd say—I tried Trick Room for a bit with Reuniclus which also gets Endeavor but too much stuff double targeted which made things dicey even with a backup TR poke (P2).

Heatran @ Fire Gem ** ヒードラン
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4HP/252SpA/252pe
Nature: Quiet
~ Eruption
~ HP Electric
~ Earth Power
~ Protect

I think it's pretty funny how Heatran was just about my least favorite pokemon when DP first came out ("slow and weak to EQ", no setup moves, why the fuck don't you learn Eruption). But since that last knock has been remedied, I've really grown to love it, as is obvious to anyone who followed the Eruption Project. This set is pretty self-explanatory: EP/Protect are mind-numbingly standard, and HP Electric for Gyarados I guess. I say "I guess" because I just Erupt on other water types because it's actually stronger: 70 × 2 vs 150 × 1.5 (STAB) × 1.5 (Gem) × 0.75 (Doubles) / 2 (Type) = 140 vs 126...but that's on two pokes. I'm not using HP Electric on like Starmie if its partner is gonna die to Eruption.

Despite the forced Quiet nature, Heatran is still fast enough, at 116 speed, to outspeed virtually everything under Tailwind. I was worried at first about Tailwind not offering enough turns to kill stuff compared to Trick Room, but that quickly proved to be a relative non-issue. I was kinda of tired of relying on having to get TR up and not being able to attack Turn 1 if I wanted to. With 116 speed, Heatran has the occasional option of using Eruption Turn 1 as Whimsicott uses Tailwind, making for relatively worry-free battles, which is always a good thing.

~ Dragon Pulse
~ Luster Purge
~ Tailwind
~ Helping Hand

I thought long and hard about the best pokes to back up the incredibly solid Whimsitran core. I originally decided on Latios because of Heal Pulse to reload Eruption should I need to, but I've found that the utility of Heal Pulse was less than that of any of the fine support moves Latios learns. Helping Hand works for my 4th poke and is mathematically better even for Eruption if Heatran is at 66% HP or higher.

STAB Gem move reliable goodness for the stuff I want to kill, and lol at a competitive use for LUSTER PURGE. 50% SpD drop is awesome and probably has more theoretical utility than Psychic or Psyshock (70 base power vs 80 or 90 but then 50% chance of SpD drop for two pokes with spread moves), and in practice I have actually needed it to beat that blasted Minimize Blissey (with Aura Sphere). Timid to get Tailwind up as fast as possible should I need it. Latios is as dependable as ever, surprise?

Togekiss (F) @ Normal Gem ** np kiss me
Ability: Serene Grace
~ Hyper Voice
~ Air Slash
~ Aura Sphere
~ Protect

Now this poke has varied a bit but I finally found one with a spread move and that wasn't a relative pushover. Not that Blastoise is (I never tried it), but I'd rather rely on Hyper Voice than another HP-dependent move. With a Gem, Normal Gem is pretty damn cool, and if the AI double-targets and kills Whimsy on Turn 1 their team is in a lot of trouble because pretty much nothing likes Eruption + Hyper Voice, certainly not with gems intact. Aura Sphere for Rocks I guess, though I definitely use it more than Air Slash (95% accuracy).

Air Slash *is* mandatory for ghosts, so there's that, but it's not like I actually intend to flinchhax my win to wins...I've actually considered Super Luck but flinching things like Bronzong is cool in a pinch. I'm glad I can go full Modest here because that's fun as hell, and I'm even more glad that Togekiss is a bulkyass bitch that does not die easily even with uninvested defenses because 85/95/115 is no joke.

This team is no joke either, though its sheer power does make me laugh quite a bit. I'm at 161 right now for what it's worth, but I'm only really playing because this is actual, legitimate fun for me (I haven't even beaten the regular single train in b2w2 yet). I wish sharing battles were easier because there have been quite a few jaw-dropping ones and only a few scares (QC EQ from Ursaring at like 159 killing Tran then QC CC on Togekiss but that missed, not that that kills even with a CH). I'll keep you updated probably, I don't type up long posts like this for nothing lol

Damn! Really nice team I haven't thought about a Heatran with Eruption and a Tailwind support. Nice work Jump (like everytime). Actually I have a question. How do you handle or how did you handle with TrickRoom pokes? Because you haven't Wimishscott with Taunt now. But you could use Worry Seed on pokes with FlashFire/Sturdy too. Switcheroo would be a other option for it to give (as example) a FlameOrb (or maybe a IronBall too) to dangerous pokes which could hurt your pokes much (and to outspeed it after Switcheroos the IronBall). I know maybe my options are crazy but maybe some ideas which could be usefull. Good luck with your team!

~ Dragon Pulse
~ Luster Purge
~ Tailwind
~ Helping Hand
And just when I thought there was no originality left in the Subway... I hope this team cracks 1000. Well played sir, well played.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm not sure whether Jumpman means to do art or science with the subway, but it's pretty clear he's doing a dang good job regardless of what one calls it.

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
41 wins in HGSS battle factory. Not enough to make the list. Maybe I should use the sheet next time.

FUCK THE BATTLE FACTORY. Sincerely, Deinosaur.

Well I know this isn't a big enough streak yet, and I didn't record a video as proof (because my computer is weird with photos), but I finally reached a 50 win streak in Super Singles Subway with TruAnt, Smeargle, and Sigilyph. It feels so good.

Durant (M) @ Choice Scarf
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 Def / 240 Spe
Nature: Jolly
~ Entrainment
~ Protect
~ Iron Head
~ Superpower

After some long time, I finally got my DW Durant ready to go. It's standard and self explanatory, entrains Truant to opponents. Yay.

Smeargle (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Own Tempo
IVs: 31/4/31/23/31/31
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~ Protect
~ Tail Glow
~ Agility
~ Baton Pass

Once the opponent has been Entrained, I usually switch to Smeargle. Unlike traditional Spore and Substitute Baton Pass sets one would normally see on a Smeargle, I simply use it to boost stats and Baton Pass to my third member. Since Tail Glow now only needs 2 turns for full setup instead of 3, it allows Smeargle to survive if there happens to be Stealth Rock + Sandstorm/Hail. Of course, Smeargle happens to be my disposable Pokemon as well, switching in to Volt Switches or if the opponent Explodes. It serves as y fodder and is efficient at doing so. Still, it is great at passing +6 SpA/Spe to my last member. (And it took a really long time to RNG breed this thing in Gen IV.)

Sigilyph (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs: 252 SpA; cannot remember the others (oddly placed in HP, Def, SpD, and Spe)
~ Protect
~ Cosmic Power
~ Stored Power
~ Miracle Eye

Enter the beast. At +6 in Def, SpD, SpA, and Spe, this thing is unstoppable. The defensive boosts help it to survive in case the opponent is a SturdySash or Dark type, while the Baton Passed SpA and Spe boosts help it sweep. Cosmic Power is used to give Sigilpyh bulk in case the opponent cannot be immediately KO'd. Stored Power is the crux of the set, because at +6 (x4), even bulky Steel/Psychics fall to its power. Miracle Eye is used to ensure Dark types can be hit, because Air Slash still leaves me vulnerable to Steels/Tyranitar, while HP Fighting leaves me useless against Spiritomb. Additionally, it allows evasive targets to no longer be evasive, a huge bonus. Focus Sash is there so it can survive a crit or OHKO move, in case the opponent was SturdySash or Dark (especially SashDrill Rapidash). And the absolute dealbreaker, Magic Guard helps it survive Stealth Rock, poison/burn, and weather, something most others such as Cloyste or Dragonite can't do. The most important thing is that even if Smeargle is sacrificed, it can still boost and kill by itself with a respectable 390 BP Stored Power after defensive boosts. The defensive Cosmic Power is necessary over Calm mind to ensure that it does not die immediately to physical hits if the foe survives.

Well, there's my team. I'll try to go further and post proof, so wish me luck!

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If there is a record for number of times you get the shit haxed out of you by the Battle Factory, I would like to claim it.

It took me a while but I finally got a streak in singles that I'm happy with. I should note that the streak is on a Black 2 game but the team is imported straight from Black with no use of new move tutors/DW abilities and what have you.

Super Singles streak: 150

And it's not a Truant Durant team! The team is basically built around bulk and recovery.

Adamant Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: 252/100/0/0/0/156
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Roost

My hero. If you've never used a Multiscale Dragonite, you should really give it a shot. The EVs are set up so that after one DD he outspeeds all fully invested base 110s, which covers a good amount of the subway, and after two DDs he outspeeds everything barring a few choice scarfers. The rest is dumped into HP then Atk. The bulk on this guy is absolutely insane - he can even survive Blizzards except from Glaceon, who is kind of an issue for the team altogether. The Lum Berry is great because not only does it cure the confusion from Outrage, but it also erases any unwanted status moves, giving me a chance to strike first or switch out.

How many DDs I do and when to strike first are heavily dependent on the moveset/stat list. The defensive ratings are a godsend, for those not familiar with it, it's a number scaled from 1-100 (100 being the bulkiest seen in the subway) that's calculated from the HP and defensive stats. I've figured out that an unboosted Outrage can OHKO anything with a rating of about 28 and under guaranteed, and each additional DD adds 14 points. These checks take very little time and have saved my streaks numerous times.

Brave Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0
EVs: 124/252/0/0/132/0
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Taken straight from the strategy dex, with EVs adapted for level 50. I was kind of surprised to see this guy has not one appearance on the singles leaderboards since he's been extremely useful to me, so I guess this will be the first. Conkeldurr is my main switch-in against physical rock/ground types whose rock moves would pose a problem to Dragonite. They make great setup fodder for him, as he can Bulk Up and take their hits all day and then just get it all back with Drain Punch. Mach Punch is huge and has single-handedly won me matches because it's the team's only priority move.

One thing I did not really expect is that he's a great counter to bulky ghost types like Dusknoir and Spiritomb that would otherwise give my team problems. If I see one of them lead off, I immediately switch to Conkeldurr and most of the time he'll intercept a Will-O-Wisp or Toxic and just go on a Guts rampage with Payback. He's also quite handy against annoying Cursers like Umbreon and Swampert because he can match the boosts without any speed drops.

Modest Porygon2 @ Eviolite (Nicknamed DuckTech)
Ability: Download
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: 252/0/4/252/0/0
- Tri Attack
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Recover

This one's bulk really surprised me when I first used it. Eviolite is no joke. DuckTech is my main switch-in against water types that threaten Dragonite with ice moves, and it does its job well. It walls the hell out of any bulky water type you can think of, and thanks to its bulk, holds its ground against anything that's not Fighting. It's kind of the weak link on the team because I'm often left wanting a good boosting move to take advantage of. I'm thinking of replacing it with what is essentially a Special version of the Conkeldurr I have (I'm thinking Calm Mind Slowbro).

I lost against an Aerodactyl/Starmie/Crobat combo. Not often I see a team that completely outspeeds Dragonite after a DD. I'll spare the details unless someone really wants them but I could have made some better decisions and got whittled away by a lot of flinch hax from Air Slash. Oh well.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thanks for the kind words Sa1ts and Cobraroll, very much appreciated! I do enjoy making teams and writing posts about them almost as much as I enjoy playing...the art is definitely in the teambuilding, not the execution, if you ask me.

Damn! Really nice team I haven't thought about a Heatran with Eruption and a Tailwind support. Nice work Jump (like everytime). Actually I have a question. How do you handle or how did you handle with TrickRoom pokes? Because you haven't Wimishscott with Taunt now. But you could use Worry Seed on pokes with FlashFire/Sturdy too. Switcheroo would be a other option for it to give (as example) a FlameOrb (or maybe a IronBall too) to dangerous pokes which could hurt your pokes much (and to outspeed it after Switcheroos the IronBall). I know maybe my options are crazy but maybe some ideas which could be usefull. Good luck with your team!
Thanks for the support! Trick Room isn't really an issue for me because priority Encore will ensure that that pokemon will only get to use Trick Room, and it will be a relatively easy decision for Heatran to decide to attack either or both pokes or just switch out, knowing that on Turn 3 the speed will be back to normal.

Flash Fire is a tad annoying but only when you can't really be sure a foe poke has it, and even then they usually can't even threaten Heatran at all. Some even use fire moves on it directly or by default (e.g. Chandy4, which has Heat Wave) which makes the battle easier for Heatran anyway. Sturdy can also be annoying but with Whimsicott's Endeavor it's manageable, especially since a lot of Sturdy pokes like to use Curse or Sandstorm first turn, or EQ which is equally exploitable.

It's all really a testament to Whimsy's ridiculous movepool that I can actually be happy with my Tailwind/Fake Tears/Encore/Endeavor set. Tailwind's a lock, Fake Tears is really the best way to support Heatran's goal of pissing on stuff with Eruption outside of Endeavor which has just as much utility if not more as it's an actual attack, one that works so well with a Focus Sash that was already strongly recommended without Endeavor. And Encore completely handcuffs pokes I can't kill easily or don't want to anyway, like DD Gyarados or Curse Swampert. With Togekiss, and the fact that Whimsy does die fairly often, Flash Fire and Sturdy are virtual non issues due to what I'd said about foes actually liking to take Hyper Voice/Eruption, even if they're rock types. I do still look for ways my team could be better but it doesn't seem like any changes would be on Whimsicott.

If there is a record for number of times you get the shit haxed out of you by the Battle Factory, I would like to claim it.
Not a chance. I lost to the Factory Head (battle 49) to a crit ThunderPunch on turn 1 (KO'd Starmie), follow by two consecutive Lax Incense misses (1/400 chance) with a +3 Dragon Dance Tyranitar. A +3 Dragon Dance Tyranitar lost...to a Glalie. It's the one gold print I haven't gotten. I don't think anybody can top that in BS Factory hax.

Thanks for the kind words Sa1ts and Cobraroll, very much appreciated! I do enjoy making teams and writing posts about them almost as much as I enjoy playing...the art is definitely in the teambuilding, not the execution, if you ask me.

Thanks for the support! Trick Room isn't really an issue for me because priority Encore will ensure that that pokemon will only get to use Trick Room, and it will be a relatively easy decision for Heatran to decide to attack either or both pokes or just switch out, knowing that on Turn 3 the speed will be back to normal.

Flash Fire is a tad annoying but only when you can't really be sure a foe poke has it, and even then they usually can't even threaten Heatran at all. Some even use fire moves on it directly or by default (e.g. Chandy4, which has Heat Wave) which makes the battle easier for Heatran anyway. Sturdy can also be annoying but with Whimsicott's Endeavor it's manageable, especially since a lot of Sturdy pokes like to use Curse or Sandstorm first turn, or EQ which is equally exploitable.

It's all really a testament to Whimsy's ridiculous movepool that I can actually be happy with my Tailwind/Fake Tears/Encore/Endeavor set. Tailwind's a lock, Fake Tears is really the best way to support Heatran's goal of pissing on stuff with Eruption outside of Endeavor which has just as much utility if not more as it's an actual attack, one that works so well with a Focus Sash that was already strongly recommended without Endeavor. And Encore completely handcuffs pokes I can't kill easily or don't want to anyway, like DD Gyarados or Curse Swampert. With Togekiss, and the fact that Whimsy does die fairly often, Flash Fire and Sturdy are virtual non issues due to what I'd said about foes actually liking to take Hyper Voice/Eruption, even if they're rock types. I do still look for ways my team could be better but it doesn't seem like any changes would be on Whimsicott.

You're welcome but in the end .... there is the fact that Whimsicott is in my oppinion UBER in the Subway because of Prankster and the infamous movesets....dang! I totally forgot that Whimsicott is able to learn Sunny Day too xD That move is actually a really important move in my oppinion:

1.Water attacks lowers the strange
2.Other Weather pokes are really bad like Abomasnow with Frosslass and their SnowCloak which really sucks >.< and their 100% Blizzard would hurt much if you only have Togekiss and Latios left but if you have SunnyDay up ...maybe the Blizzard won't hit your pokes and the win is yours without much hax after that
3. Boosts the FireAttacks (Mainly for Eruption)
4. Against Sandstream/SnowWarning which would make your Sash useless...

There are too many options so ... I leave it with that :)

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Black & White 2 Battle SUBWAY SUPER DOUBLES Record: 105*

My streak is unbroken (I'll update with a screenshot when I lose), but I thought I'd post because:

1. Nobody seems to have submitted a Black 2 doubles record.
2. This team is just incredibly fun to use and you should try it!

Firstly, a ton of credit must go to pokemonwargeneral for his original version that achieved a streak of 234. However, I've made a number of (I think) improvements.

You can essentially download the team from Pokecheck:

1. Typhlosion
2. Ninetales
3. Cresselia
4. Garchomp

You just need to fiddle with some EVs.

Typlosion
Blaze/Modest/Choice Scarf
EVs/4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spd
- Eruption
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power Ice
- Heat Wave

Reasons not to use eruption on turn one:

1. Dragonite/Garchomp/Salamence.
2. Both opposing Pokemon resist fire (I sometimes use Eruption anyway to e.g. bring water types into Ninetales' SolarBeam range).
3. Sand Stream is up and I can't OHKO something.
4. Sub-optimal match up (e.g. need to switch because Eruption can't OHKO something dangerous that's faster than Ninetales... sup Aerodactyl, or need to SolarBeam in case of Choice Scarf a la Rampardos).

Otherwise, I'm locking into Eruption. Typhlosion is bulky enough to survive most attacks and this often activates Blaze. I can switch out and abuse Heat Wave later. Modest is important (over Timid); that 10% boost is really noticeable.

Ninetales
Drought/Timid/Life Orb
EVs/4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spd
- Heat Wave
- SolarBeam
- Hidden Power Ground
- Protect

Tale's primary role is clean up duty. Turn one, I'm usually securing KOs on stuff that survive Eruption. Hidden Power Ground is primarily for (Flash) Fire Pokemon, but it sees more usage as a guaranteed hit against e.g. Pokemon with Sturdy. Protect helps with switching, avoids Earthquake, stalls out Trick Room/weather, and because opponents seem to prefer to target Ninetales. If Eruption will guarantee a double kill, I switch out to Cresselia for Helping Hand abuse from turn two.

Cresselia
Levitate/Bold/Leftovers
EVs/252 HP/244 Def/4 SpA/4 SpD/4 Spd
- Helping Hand
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Rest

Boasting 227/188/151 defenses and Leftovers, Cresselia doesn't mind switching in on anything. Helping Hand is incredibly complementary to the rest of the team, and there's something awesomely thrilling about using it with a full power Eruption in the sun. This had Moonlight for a while, but it was rarely used. Rest is here because I lost to Toxic (almost twice). It enables Cresselia to win a stall war if needs be.

Garchomp
Sand Veil/Jolly/Expert Belt
EVs/4 HP/252 Att/252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
- Protect

There's not much to say except that Expert Belt is preferred because Choice Band is too limiting, Muscle Band too feeble, and Life Orb recoil is unwelcome (Ninetales needs it more anyway).

Most battles last two or three turns. I've not really had any problems with opposing weather (this just requires smart play/switching), but almost lost to a team that lead with Hippowdon and packed a Tyranitar. Fast Latios/Latias are scary, and so is Kingdra, but otherwise it's been fairly straightforward.

I got bored so I made a Truant Doubles Team. The idea is to use entrainment twice and get both opposing pokemon to loaf on the same turn, letting Dragonite set up and win the match.

Smeargle@Sash
Jolly(252spe)
0 IV hp, def, spdef

- Memento
- Protect
- Fake Out
- Follow-me

Durant@Scarf
252 hp, 12 def, 240 speed
- Entrainment
- Protect
- Superpower
- Iron Head

Dragonite@Leftovers
Adamant (252 atk, 252 hp, 4 def)
- Dragon Claw
- Sub
- Protect
- Dragon Dance

Togekiss@Light Clay
--As Bulky as possible

- Follow Me
- Protect
- Charm
- Light Screen

In an ideal case, it'll work like this: #### stands for generic enemy move that instantly KOs a single pokemon

Turn 1: Follow Me + Entrainment, #### + ####
Smeargle Dies, I send in Togekiss

Turn 2: Follow Me + Loaf, #### + Loaf
Togekiss Dies, I send in Dragonite

Turn 3: Protect + Entrainment, #### + ####
Durant is dead. Now it's 1vs4: Dragonite vs world.

Turn 4: Dragon Dance , loaf + loaf
turn 5: protect, #### + #####

Turn X: DD, now Dragonite is at +6, loaf + loaf
Turn X + 1: Protect, #### + #####
Turn X + 2: Dragon Claw kills something, loaf
AI sends in Pokemon Y

Turn X + 3: Protect, #### + #####
Turn X + 4: Dragon Claw kills Pokemon Y

Always kill the Traunt partner last.

In event of a lead Heatran with Heat Wave (Worst case):

Turn 1: Fake Out Heatran + Entrainment Heatran, flinch + #####
Hopefully Durant didn't get targetted. Smeargle hangs on with Sash

Turn 2: Follow Me + Durant Loafs, Loaf + ####
Smeargle is dead, Send in Togekiss

Turn 3: Follow Me + Entrainment, Heat Wave + ####
I don't care too much if both Durant and Togekiss are now dead. They did their jobs

Turn 4+: Set up Dragonite and win.

I got bored so I made a Truant Doubles Team. The idea is to use entrainment twice and get both opposing pokemon to loaf on the same turn, letting Dragonite set up and win the match.

Smeargle@Sash
Jolly(252spe)
0 IV hp, def, spdef

- Memento
- Protect
- Fake Out
- Follow-me

Durant@Scarf
252 hp, 12 def, 240 speed
- Entrainment
- Protect
- Superpower
- Iron Head

Dragonite@Leftovers
Adamant (252 atk, 252 hp, 4 def)
- Dragon Claw
- Sub
- Protect
- Dragon Dance

Togekiss@Light Clay
--As Bulky as possible

- Follow Me
- Protect
- Charm
- Light Screen

In an ideal case, it'll work like this: #### stands for generic enemy move that instantly KOs a single pokemon

Turn 1: Follow Me + Entrainment, #### + ####
Smeargle Dies, I send in Togekiss

Turn 2: Follow Me + Loaf, #### + Loaf
Togekiss Dies, I send in Dragonite

Turn 3: Protect + Entrainment, #### + ####
Durant is dead. Now it's 1vs4: Dragonite vs world.

Turn 4: Dragon Dance , loaf + loaf
turn 5: protect, #### + #####

Turn X: DD, now Dragonite is at +6, loaf + loaf
Turn X + 1: Protect, #### + #####
Turn X + 2: Dragon Claw kills something, loaf
AI sends in Pokemon Y

Turn X + 3: Protect, #### + #####
Turn X + 4: Dragon Claw kills Pokemon Y

Always kill the Traunt partner last.

In event of a lead Heatran with Heat Wave (Worst case):

Turn 1: Fake Out Heatran + Entrainment Heatran, flinch + #####
Hopefully Durant didn't get targetted. Smeargle hangs on with Sash

Turn 2: Follow Me + Durant Loafs, Loaf + ####
Smeargle is dead, Send in Togekiss

Turn 3: Follow Me + Entrainment, Heat Wave + ####
I don't care too much if both Durant and Togekiss are now dead. They did their jobs

Turn 4+: Set up Dragonite and win.

Wow haven't seen that kind of strategy! Hope you'll have a lot of success! I would maybe use Grafity because if you are (maybe) in a situation which could be ....

Dragonite vs. Abomasnow + Frosslass

Maybe you are going to attack Frosslass and you will maybe miss because of SnowCloak....Sturdy could be a problem too...maybe GastroAcid instead of Memento on Smeargle because the damage doesn't matter after all 2 pokes have been attacked with Entrainment and if you are going to set up with Dragonite. Maybe a more support Togekiss with ThunderWave for the next pokes or maybe ...a PsychUp Medicham with WideLens because all two pokes are Loafing around and maybe a set like this is a good Medicham set for that team:

Medicham
Nature & Item: Adamant - WideLens
Ev's: 252 Hp (or Speed) & 252 Attack & 4 Defense
Moves: Protect, PsychUp, RockSlide/AerialAce, BrickBreak

One the hand it's really insane after you got a +6 on Dragonite and PsychUp with PurePower Medicham (976 attack). On the other hand if you are going to use SkillSwap with Medicham on +6 Dragonite (1632 attack) DragonClaw will do around 84% - 100% on Impish max SpDef and HP Steelix

Maybe not really much important things but maybe helpfull...good luck!

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Gengar 4 Lum Berry 135 76 80 182 95 178 Sludge Bomb Thunderbolt Shadow Ball Destiny Bond

Bolt vs +1 = 66-78

Cune at 113 HP minus 66-78 + Lefties = 47-59 HP

Bolt vs +2 = 50-60 dmg

If Bolt does <76 dmg per hit, Cune can PP stall it

Turn 7: Thunderbolt max dmg (118), Cune CM, Lefties, 99 HP left.

Dmg calc 187spA Bolt vs 202 sD = 68-70-72-74-76-78-80 dmg (probability 3/16 - 2/16 - 3/16 - 2/16 – 3/16 – 2/16 – 1/16. Cune lives through 3x76, so I would need dmg rolls lower than rand. 98-100.

Turn 8: Thunderbolt, Cune Rest.
Turn 9: Thunderbolt 78 dmg, Lefties, 139 HP.
Turn 10: Thunderbolt 74 dmg, Lefties, 77 HP.
Turn 11: Thunderbolt, Cune fainted.
This is obviously way after the fact, but... wouldn't obtaining a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Suicune and splitting 8 Def EVs between SpA and SpD make a not insignificant difference to these "close" situations (where Suicune needs to dodge high rolling special attacks)? What situations require that extra Def point?

IVs: 31-x-31-31-31-31
EV spread: 236-0-236-4-4-30
Lv.50: 205-x-181-111-136-109

I ran the numbers and apparently this would've made no difference in your loss, but...

Cune at 113 HP minus 66-78 + Lefties = 47-59 HP

[182] Bolt vs [270 SpDef] = 50-60 dmg
182 Bolt vs 272 SpDef = 48-58 dmg.

Cloyster, Durant, Salamence

Oh god, I haven't posted here in months !

Cloyster (M) @ Focus Sash
EV's: 252 Atk / 6 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
Stats: 125/161/200/106/58/122
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Skill Link

~ Surf
~ Rock Blast
~ Icicle Spear
~ Shell Smash

Since I decided not to use Action Replay for items and medicine in my White 2 to make the game more enjoyable,
I needed to collect Battle Point's for TM's / Items etc. If you've ever used it you know that Cloyster is the way to go to make quick wins in the Single Train.
I initially started this streak with Cloyster/Latios/Metagross until I realized that almost every Pokémon that beats Cloyster is Entrainment bait.
I like Doubles alot more than I like Singles, but I haven't managed to build a solid Doubles team yet
and smiled when I read Jumpman's post regarding his Tailwind team.

Durant (F) @ Choice Scarf*
EV's: 252 HP / 18 Sp.Def / 240 Speed
Stats: 165/129/132/59/70/261*

~ Crunch
~ Iron Head
~ Superpower
~ Entrainment

240 Speed EV's hits 261 Speed with a Choice Scarf, which is enough to outspeed the whole Subway.
Comes in only if Cloyster faints and uses Entrainment. I've been running with the idea for a while to shift the 252 HP EV's into Attack
until I faced a Rampardos under Trick Room that Head Smashed, leaving her at 6 HP. Had I placed the EV's in Attack I would have lost that battle..

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
EV's: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Sp.Def / 78 Speed
Stats: 192/205/100/109/101/130
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate

~ Protect
~ Substitute
~ Dragon Claw
~ Dragon Dance

I chose Salamence over Dragonite for no real good reason actually.
It's mainly because I like it more than Dragonite, or maybe for the fact that everyone uses Dragonite.
It doesn't take a scientist to understand that Salamence is inferior to Dragonite but it has worked for me so far
and the extra speed may have it's uses in case I can't Dragon Dance freely (130 Vs. 101).

==================

I'm at 301 right now and this team plays alot faster than the current B2W2 top 3.
Turn 1 Protects and (QC) Explosions are no problem but Trick Room still is. Bronzong is managable but Slowbro/Slowking are a pain.
If they Crit Durant under Trick Room condition the battle is lost but this has yet to happen.
Lead Reuniclus has never used Trick Room so far and on Exeggutor I just Icicle Spear right away.
Cofagrigus opts to use Will-O-Wisp / Shadow Ball, Dusknoir uses Trick Room on turn 1 but I managed to play around it the 3 times I faced it as a lead.
Cresselia 4 I have yet to face.

That's it for my Truant team that Dragon Claws everything straight to Oblivion and probably only will lose to Trick Room :)

As soon as I'll lose I will post picture proof of my streak
and start again using this instead of Cloyster:

Thundurus (M) @ Focus Sash
EV's: 6 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Speed
Stats:

~ Taunt
~ Embargo
~ Thunderbolt
~ Thunder Wave

~ Eppie.

Battle Subway Super Doubles Streak: 171

This is a gravity based doubles team that aims to quickly KO enemies using powerful attacks that are normally not viable in the Subway due to their unreliable accuracy.

Alakazam - Wilton (M) Focus sash
Inner Focus
Timid Nature 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 17/x/16/27/2/31
Lvl 50 Stats: 124-49-58-185-91-189
- Gravity
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Alakazam's main job is to set up gravity, which he does remarkably well. Between Inner Focus, Focus Sash, and its 120 base speed, Alakazam is almost guaranteed to set up gravity on the first turn - I can think of only a couple times in hundreds of battles with this team that 'Zam failed to set up gravity. Psychic for a main STAB attack and FB (no longer Focus Miss!) for coverage that hit hard of off 'Zam's 135 base SpA. Protect is very useful as opponents love to target him due to his paper-thin defenses. I've considered re-breeding one with a 0 IV in HP/Def/SpD and using a Hasty or Naive nature to further encourage the opponent to attack him instead of Starmie.

As a side note, I tried Prankster Sableye as a gravity setter but found that it didn't work as well with this team. I was running a defensive spread with Gravity/Recover/WoW/Snarl. 100% accurate WoW and priority recovery were neat, but ultimately I felt that the added firepower 'Zam offers worked better for this team. Plus the opponent would often target Starmie instead of Sableye, making Starmie go down much more quickly.

Starmie - Aster Life Orb
Natural Cure
Timid Nature 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
Lvl 50 Stats: 136-80-105-152-105-183
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Blizzard
- Psychic

Starmie is a fantastic Subway Pokemon. Swap out Surf/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam for Hydro Pump/Thunder/Blizzard and it becomes incredibly more destructive. Starmie and 'Zam often 4-0'ed the opponent, sometimes scoring OHKO's on every one of the CPU's Pokemon. I debated dropping the somewhat redundant Psychic for Psyshock (Blissey) or Protect, but being able to KO some fighting and poison types on turn 1 was really helpful. Easily the MVP of the team.

I've also fallen in love with Natural Cure since leading with Starmie - the ability to shrug off status (Paralysis, Sleep, and Freeze, namely) is wonderful.

Scrafty - Scuffles (F) Sitrus Berry
Moxie
Adamant Nature 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Lvl 50 Stats: 172-156-136-58-135-78
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Protect

Since Starmie and 'Zam are fast and frail, I wanted backups who were on the bulkier side and could handle their weaknesses. Scrafty's access to Fake Out and her resistances to ghost and dark were incredibly useful. Fake Out was my answer for Jolteon/Aerodactyl/Accelgor/scarfers that could outsped and OHKO Starmie/'Zam. Sitrus Berry + Drain Punch give Scrafty decent recovery to compliment her natural bulk. Near perfect coverage in her STABs leaves room for Protect. A little weak initially, but even after a single Moxie boost becomes quite powerful. Also deals well with the Trick Room teams that wreck Starmie and Alakazam since she can hit many of them hard with STAB Crunch and is fairly slow. All of Scrafty's moves have 100% accuracy, so she still functions well if gravity goes down before the battle ends.

Metagross - Metaboss Choice Band
Clear Body
Adamant Nature 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Lvl 50 Stats: 187-205-150-100-110-91
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

My second bulky backup, Metagross boasts immediate physical power. I usually just pick Meteor Mash and watch things die. Using a choice user in the back can be risky but Metagross two advantages: (1) no Pokemon is immune to Steel and (2) Meteor Mash can boost its attack, allow it to muscle through bulky resistors. Priority in Bullet Punch to pick off dangerous, weak(ened) foes, Zen Headbutt for secondary STAB, and Ice Punch for coverage. Metagross is very reliable, saving me many times. Also has the bulk to afford to Meteor Miss if gravity goes down.

Cleary Body is another ability I've come to love namely for blocking Intimidate, but also random things such as speed drops from Icy Wind and accuracy drops from Mud Bomb.

First off, this team is a ton of fun to play with. It's great to blast opponents with ridiculously powerful moves, and it's even better when they never miss. The battles are fast-paced and really test the player's knowledge of the subway (need to know how much you can do to opponents, prioritize which one's to take out, etc). Furthermore, the CPU does not recognize gravity's affect, so it's always entertaining to watch opponent's KO their partner (especially when it's something like Zapdos) with Earthquake.

This team certainly has its flaws though. The foremost problem I struggled with was type synergy - 3 of the 4 members of this team are Psychic types. Although they have differing weaknesses due to their secondary types, this leads to a general team weakness to bug, ghost, and dark. Scrafty covers ghost and dark fairly well, but bug was a major problem, especially Escavalier and Scizor. This team really wants a fire type attack to deal with these, but I couldn't find a good Fire Blast/Heat Wave user that also meshed well with the team.

Electric types, Jolteon in particular, were a major issue for this team as well since it lacks an electric resist. The lack of a ground resist was occasionally problematic in the face of powerful Earthquake users, though this was typically offset by the CPU damaging their ally for me. Sucker Punch was a huge pain as well, easily taking out Starmie and 'Zam before they could act. The CPU's questionable use of Sucker Punch also made it much harder to predict.

The removal of accuracy hax works both ways - I can no long hope that my opponent's Hydro Pumps, Stone Edges, etc miss. Though I suppose this isn't really a disadvantage since the Subway has the annoying tendency to never miss with these moves anyway.

Picture for proof:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/831/img0169pd.jpg/

Whoever created this thing needs to be fired...
Walrein 4 Lax Incense Sheer Cold Fissure Rest Sleep Talk Bold Def/SpD

Anyway congratulations to icu812, great streak and you've gotten me back to playing the subway, hopefully I'll be posting a new streak soon

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Battle Subway Super Doubles Streak: 171
Awesome streak! I remember trying Gravity once but it didn't work out so it's nice to see it working for someone else.

Do you think Heatran could make a good replacement for Metagross? It deals with Bug, Ghost and Dark reasonably well, and it learns Heat Wave/Fire Blast (Magma Storm?!?) to deal with Escavalier and Scizor. If you like, it even learns Earth Power for Electric types, although I wouldn't exactly call Heatran a reliable counter to Electric types.

Only you know if losing Metagross will ruin the team or not (e.g. Heatran has no priority moves, unlike Metagross), but if you have a Heatran with good IVs and nature it might be worth a try.

This is another reason why Sturdy Sawk appealed to me so much.

Anyway congratulations to icu812, great streak and you've gotten me back to playing the subway, hopefully I'll be posting a new streak soon

Nice to hear that you are alive.
Btw I have thought about this post

I was thinking about that idea and in my opinion that team should be a good idea:

Clamperl
Nature & Item: Modest - Deepseatooth
Ev's: 252 Sp.Attack & 252 Speed & 4 HP
Moves: Surf, IceBeam/Protect, HP Grass, ShellSmash

Raichu/Pikachu
Nature & Item: Timid - FocusSash/LightingBall
Moves: GrassKnot/HP Ice, FakeOut, ThunderBolt, Protect

LightingRod will raise his Sp.Attack if the openet will use a Electric attack on Clamperl.

Amoonguss
Nature & Item: Sassy - BlackSludge/OccaBerry
Ev's: 252 HP & 200 Defense & 58 Sp.Defense
Moves: GigaDrain, Spore, RagePowder, Protect

RagePowder support + Spore. Not really much to say about the set.

Wimsicott
Nature & Item: Timid - Leftovers/Something
Ev's: 220 Speed & 252 HP (or Special attack) & 24 Defense & 4 Sp.Defense
Moves: TailWind, GigaDrain, Encore, Taunt

Mainly setting up TailWind to let Clamperl getting more faster. GigaDrain against Sturdy pokes.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nice to hear that you are alive.
Nature & Item: Timid - FocusSash/LightingBall
Moves: FollowMe, FakeOut, ThunderBolt, Protect/GrassKnot/HP Ice

The mains reason for playing that pokemon is mainly FollowMe and with Sash you'll survive 100% the first attack of the openet and you can still set up with Clamperl and LightingGod let raise his Sp.Attack if the oppenet will use a Electric attack on Clamperl. Follow me is a PokePark event move which can learn Pichu at Lv.5 I think.
I don't see Follow Me on Pikachu's move list, and even if a Follow Me Pikachu can be imported, Lightning Rod Pikachu is an event pokemon, so the Follow Me Pikachu you import would just have Static. You'd have to be able to breed Follow Me onto Lightning Rod Pikachu, and although Lightning Rod Pikachu is female and Breedable, Follow Me is not an egg move for Pikachu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)