Dragonite's rampage

Hello smogon, here is my RMT, i have 1655 points on PO with it..
(if you want a screen, pm me)

Sooo:

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Why him? Just because in a dragmag, we need to a lead Sr, but why him?
When you look at the rest of my team, Dragonite (scarfed) kingdra, haxorus, Scizor, Magnezone, we see the weakness in hippowdon, which explains my choice.
(hippowdon evs 252 hp / defense lost 48% on ice crash) ...
Jolly Nature because i need to outspeed Ninetales specially defensive, another mamo, and all that ...
This is the pokemon that always dies at the beginning, keep unnecessary except when there is a landorus sheer force ...

Haxorus (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Haxorus, why him and not mence ?
Just for the ability, mold breaker, and for taunt.
When i lead with mammo, my opponent with rotom, he will use will o wisp, after, i will switch on haxorus, and i don't need to use outrage, for exemple.
Latios lost 57% to earthquake too.
Taunt+Dragon danse here=defensive politoed is a free set up, ferro can't place his entrys, etc...

Zone.com (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt
Magnezone, without him, the team is nothing, but really nothing.
I can't do anything against ferro for exemple, without zone..
But, i'll tell you the repartition...
252 evs hp/Defense ? why ?
It's for have a solid sub, zone can delete the sub with 2 power whips, but here, need max dammages.
So this zone can trapp a lot of steels in OU, the problem here, it's scizor, he can outspeed him and do 92% with superpower....
This zone can break stallrachi on the rain too (zone scarf can't)..

Kingdra (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Rain Dance

Kingdra, why him ?
He is underestimated, but he is really deadly.
This kingdra, on the rain, is just a god, he can 2 ohko stallrachi (Lost 51% to surf, 67% to hydropump) .
It's the one pokemon on my team who can 2 ohko conkeldurr (ohko with hydro pump+rain) without him, i can't break conkeldurr.
He can ohko starmie and, on the rain, thundurus-t full life with surf,and before the ban of genesect, kingdra could ohko him (full life) with surf, before the ban of tornadus-t, kingdra could ohko him (full life) with surf with the rain.
After Sr, kingdra can ohko scarf keldeo with draco meteor.
just a big sweeper.
Why i have a good matchup against rain ?
Because kingdra is here !
This is the only who can break skarmory shed shell without zone....
(the specially defensive skarmory lost 69% to hydropump, without the rain)

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Scizor is really an important element of my team.
C'est le pokémon à ne pas perdre, really...
Terrakion own my team without scizor (dragonite can RK him, but i need a secend RK) and a secend priority move of my team.
I have a good matchup against the teams with deoxys-d (terrakion, weavile, gengar, deoxys-d, mence, etc for exemple)...
Scizor can ohko defensive tyranitar with u-turn after Sr, and i really need to stop him (y team hates Sr, it's just because tyranitar has got Sr...)
Scizor is really good on my team.
252 evs speed here because my team hates calm rotom, and zone can't outspeed SD scizor, scizor can...
It outspeed specially defensive heatran and can ohko him too...

Dragonite (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 80 SAtk / 176 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Flamethrower
- Superpower
- Ice Beam

And finally the star of the team, the reason why i'm not landorus-t, gliscor weak, it's him..
Landorus-t won't switch on dragonite, and he will use ice beam and ohko him, so...
It's the reason why ice beam...
So if i use ice beam, i use Flamethrower too, this move can 2 ohko skarmory/Ohko forretress/2 ohko ferro, and fire punch can't.
This nite trolls a lot, superpower ohko terrakion, and outrage is classical on dragonite.
This nite is my revenge kill to another DD nite (he trolls him a lot) he trolls and ohko gengar full life, he trolls and ohko jolteon full life, he can ohko thundurus-t, he trolls landorus-t, gliscor, SD garchomp, terrakion no scarf (scarf terrakion can't ohko magnezone and scizor, not really "dangerous") he trolls tyranitar, etc....
Nobody knows it's scarf, so, he is unpredictable.

A lot of Po players to stole this team, but now, i post the RMT...
(screens of the steal): http://cjoint.com/?CBjsZqn2ki3
http://cjoint.com/13fe/CBjs2pFBHcK.htm

Hey Automon, you have a decent team thus far but you have some flaws. Hopefully with this rate we can patch those up. Before I start with the rate, I want to say in the future you should include the full EV spread. You're missing 4 EVs on Scizor, Kingdra, Mamoswine and Magnezone. Don't be lazy and give the whole spread.

First lets start with Dragonite. Scarf Dragonite isn't really viable I would recommend Dragon Dance Dragonite. You don't want to have Dragonite locked in to a move and be force to switch out and have take more SR damage since you don't have a spinner. Extreme Speed gives you another Priority in case Scizor goes down and you needed a Set-up sweeper. You can run Earthquake over Fire Punch to hit Ninetails while Fire Punch will hit opposing Scizors and get a boost in the sun.

Dragonite Set
Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Outrage
- Earthquake / Fire Punch

Next things I see is you need a Terrakion switch in. Nothing on you're team can come in on it and take a hit. I would replace use Landorus -Therian over Mamoswine. You'll still be able to get up Rocks, kill Ninetails and more importantly check Terrakion and other Physical sweepers.

Landorus-Therian Set
Landorus-T @ Leftovers
Adamant nature
244 HP / 64 Atk / 200 Def
-U-Turn
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

Then onto Scizor. I would suggest running Life Orb over the Choice Band if tou want to keep the EV spread you currently have (with 4 Def EVs added). If you want to keep the Choice Band then run 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef and 30 Speed IVs. This will make you slower than other Scizors and give you the switch advantages on U-Turns since you will see what they go into. Lastly with Kingdra I would say to run 40 HP / 240 SpA / 228 Spe over the current spread you have.

Good luck with the team.

-BlackRussian

Cool team! I suggest you run HP fire on zone so you can actually kill the trapped steels. Also, I recommend using only one of kindras water stabs and replace one with Ice beam for improved coverage. An don't forget you can add 4 more Ev's to any stat you want

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, you have yourself a pretty decent team utilizing a Kingdra. With that said, your team has a few issues; not just threats, but the sets of the Pokemon you chose. First of all, you are completely screwed over by Terrakion. Life Orb Keldeo can trash your team (Secret Sword does a crap ton to Kingdra). However, I think BlackRussian is addressing all of this the wrong way. You don't run defensive checks on a hyper offense team. I think the best thing you can do here is replace Dragonite with a Choice Scarf Latios. While I usually don't like this Latios set, it just fits the mold of your team perfectly, giving you a good way to handle Celebi and take a Close Combat from / revenge kill Terrakion. Choice Scarf Dragonite is just a really bad set, as it is weak to Stealth Rock and outclassed. Latios can still hit Landorus-T and Gliscor for some good damage with Surf, and to boot, it isn't weak to Stone Edge! It also gives you something to revenge kill Garchomp, which your team seems to struggle with.

With that aside, the rest of your team has a few quirks to sort out. The first of these is Mamoswine, who should be running Endeavor over Icicle Crash on a lead set such as the one you have. Endeavor works with Focus Sash to bring your opponent down to 1 HP, from which point you can finish it off with Ice Shard. This is much more effective in the lead position, where honestly, Icicle Crash doesn't help you much, except maybe against Hippowdon. The next issue is your Magnezone set, which is really bad. In this metagame, Magnezone shouldn't be doing anything except killing Steel-types and maybe taking a few Dragon-type attacks. For this, I recommend changing it to a Choice Specs set. This way, you can actually do damage to Ferrothorn (and Jirachi), and Magnezone isn't sitting there doing nothing. Substitute is ultimately a waste, as Magnezone will just get revenge killed. Charge Beam is unreliable. Not to mention, you run Hidden Power Grass, which is far from good. There are two more issues I see in Kingdra's and Scizor's EV spreads. I second BlackRussian's suggestion of running a spread of 40 HP / 240 SAtk / 228 Spd on Kingdra, as it outspeeds everything you need it to and hits a optimal number for Life Orb and entry hazards. For Scizor, you should run a spread of 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd, with one point being withheld from HP so Scizor has more Stealth Rock switch-ins.

Taking into account the Pokemon change, you are left with a team of Mamoswine / Haxorus / Magnezone / Kingdra / Scizor / Latios, which should fare pretty well.

- Dragonite -> Choice Scarf Latios

- Icicle Crash -> Endeavor on Mamoswine

- Substitute set -> Choice Specs set on Magnezone

- 252 SAtk / 252 Spd spread -> 40 HP / 240 SAtk / 228 Spd spread on Kingdra

- 252 Atk / 252 Spd spread -> 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd spread on Scizor

[pimg]381[/pimg]
Latios @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Trick

[pimg]467[/pimg]
Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 170 HP / 252 SAtk / 88 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
fire r a g e said:
I highly doubt he wants to take away his star.
It's obviously not his star considering Dragonite is a horrible Scarfer for reasons I mentioned in my rate, not to mention him having Kingdra, Scizor, and Haxorus.

It's obviously not his star considering Dragonite is a horrible Scarfer for reasons I mentioned in my rate, not to mention him having Kingdra, Scizor, and Haxorus.
"And finally the star of the team, the reason why i'm not landorus-t, gliscor weak, it's him..
Landorus-t won't switch on dragonite, and he will use ice beam and ohko him, so...
It's the reason why ice beam...
So if i use ice beam, i use Flamethrower too, this move can 2 ohko skarmory/Ohko forretress/2 ohko ferro, and fire punch can't.
This nite trolls a lot, superpower ohko terrakion, and outrage is classical on dragonite.
This nite is my revenge kill to another DD nite (he trolls him a lot) he trolls and ohko gengar full life, he trolls and ohko jolteon full life, he can ohko thundurus-t, he trolls landorus-t, gliscor, SD garchomp, terrakion no scarf (scarf terrakion can't ohko magnezone and scizor, not really "dangerous") he trolls tyranitar, etc....
Nobody knows it's scarf, so, he is unpredictable."

I like his Dragonite. Lure Pokemon obviously aren't going to look standard or else they wouldn't be able to lure anything.
I like how it pretty much guarantees Adamant DDnite, Gliscor and Lando-T go down without a fight. It also lures faster dragons and steel types which is great to get all these things out of the way for your other dragons.

I don't actually have any suggestions. I think you take advantage of Dragonite's luring perfectly with this team and have adjusted sets according to your team's need. I think you'd take away from the point of the team if you changed something. Good job on it.
Minor nitpick: use the last 4 EVs on all of your sets

IMO, your team looks good, but the EVs could be changed a bit.

Starting with Magnezone, use 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP instead of your current spread. This way he speed ties with other mons at 70 speed like Politoed, Mamoswine, Lucario, and Breloom.

For Kingdra, use 40 HP / 240 SpA / 228 Spe. This way, he outspeeds all Pokemon slower than and including Starmie in the rain, such as ScarfChomp and Scarf Latios. 40 HP EVs makes most use of LO recoil by allowing one extra attack before fainting.

Lastly, on Scizor, use 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD. He doesn't need the speed with U-Turn because if you run max speed, he won't be able to use U-Turn after the opponent attacks and the incoming Pokemon will get hurt.

That's all I wanted to say. Good luck with your team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)