Mafia From the Depths - GAME OVER, INSANE WIN

me said:
I was going to put my FoS on zorbees today, for the turning point on the cypher lynch shying away from the SL lynch, but some of the other things I was mulling over with it are inconsistent. I'm going to look through all of his posts (which i'm not looking forward too, you have a high post count) to see if my old reasoning will rekindle.
Meh I'm starting to think that i might have been the nail in the coffin for the switch over. Still reading

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4582287&postcount=76
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4582233&postcount=63
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4581227&postcount=27

Just a couple of examples. Note that when I say "irrelevant posts", I don't mean to say that having them indicates being scum. Jalmont has a few of these, but I believe him to be village. Its just the way you (and to a stronger extent, spiffy) use the combination of irrelevant posts and lack of original opinions to seem active and contributing while not actually helping all that much. I think you have gotten a bit better with it as the game went on, and don't advocate lynching you, at least not yet, I just think it is something worth monitoring. But while we're at it, Empoof, care to vote today?

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
When I say irrelevant posts, I also mean stuff that is related to the game but doesn't need much stating, such as making three posts saying why no lynch is bad, or discussing night kills, etc.

zorbees said:
Can you elaborate on this? I don't see how his most recent post changes anything. He had a few votes on him, and I had been arguing against him prior to voting him. My vote made it 4 against him, when the majority needed is only 7. To not defend himself would be idiotic. I don't see it as either town or scum that he defended himself, because anyone would do it.
Prior to that post I was starting to see him as scummy just because, as many people noted, he wasn't posting anything too relevant. His last post (at that point) actually contained meaningful content, and so I was less sure about his previous posts lacking because he was scum, thinking they might just have been him legitimately trying to be an active, useful villager. Like I said though it didn't fully convince me he is scum, so I am still suspicious of him. I'm not ready to bump up the votes on him and almost lock in a majority on him yet though.

zorbees said:
I think you are reading way too much into that early sentry vote. Walrein has already explained his logic on it, several times I believe, and I don't see anything too outlandish (other than the fact that if everyone votes themselves, no one gets the sentry). It was very early in the game so no one really knew who was clean. I also find it odd that you say he "wants the sentry off of other players" but you also say he hasn't been lobbying for it, despite the fact that he voted for himself for sentry this cycle.
So I'm going to address the latter thing first. I meant he hasn't really been actively trying to get people to sentry him, but by posting a sentry vote for himself he is effectively detracting attention from other sentry targets. Sorry if that wasn't clear. And maybe I am looking into the first sentry vote too much, but I feel like that vote, and the DLE kill, are the two most concrete things to look into right now. In theory everybody should be trying to play this game the same way; not trying to attract too much negative attention to themselves. It is in nobody's best interest to get themselves lynched, and when you have no way of confirming whether a lynch is "good" or not trying not to seem like a baddie is important, even if you aren't one. That is why I think the whole "you shouldn't be afraid of getting lynched if you're town" thing is BS. because of this sort of philosophy I have, I prefer to look at the overall flow of the game as opposed to how individual players act. I consider how every player interacts with each other more important. As such I feel like I have great difficulty posting reads, and am more comfortable with trying to look at trends and such.

zorbees said:
I never voted for Walrein because I haven't seen anything to cause me to. The early sentry vote raised minor suspicions but nothing serious. I view him as close to town as almost anyone. In regards to Shining Latios, I was the first person to vote for him, bar a couple early retracted votes. I don't see how you can accuse me of bandwagoning when I was the one who brought him up in the first place.
Hmmm perhaps I remembered it wrong, I'll have to go back and check. I just remember thinking that you voted SL after he had already attracted a lot of negative attention and made himself an easy target.

I also feel like I owe to you to explain why I placed my vote on you. In most of the reads people have posted, they say you seem scummy, yet little actual lynching pressure has been placed on you. As such it seems you have been able to dodge most of the negative attention on you. I feel like you will keep avoiding these accusations until there is the actual pressure of being lynched on you, so I wanted to try to put some of that pressure on you myself.

Also @Empoof: zorbees brings up a good point. Maybe my town read on you is a little misguided. Could you post your opinions on any three of zorbees, shinyskarmory, SL and Walrein.
I'd also be curious to know your opinion of the Spiffy lynch.

The last two posts were part of a bigger whole. It was usually a fast reply to DLE's quick comments. Regardless, I've been trying to step it up since then. Unfortunately, this post probably won't be. I'm rushed.

TPM said:
Also @Empoof: zorbees brings up a good point. Maybe my town read on you is a little misguided. Could you post your opinions on any three of zorbees, shinyskarmory, SL and Walrein.
I'd also be curious to know your opinion of the Spiffy lynch.
Honestly I'm glad you're reevaluating your look at me. Looking over the thread, i saw a few people almost nonchalantly write me off as village, such as Eagle calling me "confirmed town". I mean, i know i am but it should take more to convince than my inflection. There should be concrete evidence that is sightable. My posts at the end of D1 are honestly trash, so I was appalled that noone had called me out on them. However, my big stride was in the middle of D1 right before the 2 MS/SL bandwagons erupted. I was trying hard to voice my opinion more and avoid tunnel visioning. I'll remember to do this more in future posts.

Okay I'm honestly having a hard time with this spiffy thing. I've voiced before how I thought he was skating by D1, and latched onto things like the No Lynch and used his mafia experience to talk about things that are generally considered town. The exclamation points in his posts have an air of propaganda about them that i can't really describe. But on the other hand, I've seen him try to produce discussion. He's prodded people for opinions and if anything helped me make connections with people.

You guys have the longest fucking posts i've ever seen. I'm so busy right now, i need to catch a bus in 3 minutes. I'll talk more when i get to my next location :p

I consider zorbees to be playing better on D2 than D1. SL seems so mafia its gross but i can't tell if that's just him. My brain has lumped SS and LW's posts together and i'm aware of it so i need to sort those out before i say anything misleading about them.

Not voting yet, i will tonight though

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Why not discuss Eagle4 as well? Certainly jalmont's argument deserves some talking. It is really odd, honestly, that nobody has been willing to bring up Eagle4. I think it's best to be cautious with new users instead of instalynching all of them for being new (hence why I'm not lynching More Cowbell, who otherwise is acting the scummiest of everyone, because I think he may be trying to help but doesn't know how to be useful). Eagle4's posts are certainly coherent, but I'm not sure how much of what he says can be attributed to his newness and how much may be scumtell. This is what makes it hard for me to get a clean read on him. I'm leaning scum.

I think the game would benefit from more people acknowledging Eagle4's existence...

Spiffy, what is the difference between the following to para-phrasings?

"In past NOC games, scum players have been inactive"
"In past NOC games, scum players have played like this"
The difference is that one has been a confirmed strategy for multiple mafia (as I evidenced earlier in the thread) and one was a case of a mafia member trying to emulate the strategy of a VILLAGER to blend in. Askaninjask used this strategy to try to imitate village behavior, so obviously a villager also acting like this shouldn't be (and isn't) out out of the ordinary. Just because one player used it as a ploy to mole the village doesn't mean everyone in the future who acts similarly is mafia. To base a lynch on this shaky evidence is extremely counterproductive.

zorbees said:
Additionally, I am not buying the "I only post reads on people I think are bad". It gives you (and the mafia) an excuse to cut down the amount of reads you post, which is anti-village, because more reads = more information = more chance of finding scum. I'm not buying the "it gives the mafia a good target to kill" because that is a minor issue, and the mafia is most likely going to kill more experienced players anyways.
Sorry, but that's how I've always handled town reads during the initial days of an NOC game. The village's ability to "scum search" is not hampered or improved in any way if people don't present their town reads publicly, so there is no reason to give mafia the extra information. I don't care if you think it's an excuse, I find it to be helpful to the town so I'm doing it. At least until we establish a pattern to mafia kills. If they continue to kill experienced players I will feel more comfortable revealing some of my town reads. And mafia killing universal town reads is not a "minor issue". If the people who I read as (and are) town stay alive, it allows me to focus more on people that I don't have as good of a read on.
I find it better and safer to conceal concrete town reads as long as possible.

zorbees said:
Another thing I'm not buying is the "I already gave my reads". Reads can change as people post more, so you shouldn't stop posting reads when you feel satisfied. I get that, this example, Lightwolf, hasn't posted all that much recently, but I am getting this attitude from you based on the lack of reads you have been posting. You try to pander to everyone in your most recent post by posting reads, but all you post is essentially "I said this before"; aka no new information.
You say yourself that LightWolf hadn't posted much recently. How can my opinion of him change if he hasn't posted anything that could potentially change it? The only reason I was so adamant about voting Jalmont was because multiple times I saw him view the thread and not post anything new. LightWolf had also mentioned activity issues earlier, so his lack of posts didn't really concern me.

@Spiffy: I feel like in the past you've been more willing to offend people to express your opinion. As aska said, you're being extremely nonconfrontational this game
Walrein if something about me had been "nagging at you for awhile" then why did it take you one vote for me (askaninjask) and a voiced suspicion of me (zorbees) to finally bring it up. Why didn't you say anything on Day 1? Were you too busy hammering a vote? ;)

Walrein also explain to me why you hippocritically think I'm not being contributional when you post travesties such as your "analyses" of More Cowbell and Infinity.Cypher which just summarized their posts (there may have been others) as well as pretty much the ENTIRE end half of your Day 1 and so far all of Day 2.

This brings me to another point. As a villager, if I'm not called out on the quality of my posting, I am going to continue posting like that because I have no reason to think I'm not being helpful. I genuinely thought (and still think) my posts were fine and helpful on Day 1, but ALL OF A SUDDEN multiple players find that not to be the case. It took an entire Day/Night phase (and a reset in the votes) for people to "realize" that my posts were suspicious. This is the main reason why I think there is some mafia involvement in my lynch. Primarily Walrein and zorbees. Not as much askaninjask and Metal Sonic because I've liked all of aska's posts thus far and Metal Sonic actually expressed some discontent with my posts on Day 1 (but didn't really elaborate on it).

The only other slight scum read I have at the moment is Eagle4 because of the "whole lot of nothing" he posted as his thoughts earlier on (the post that Jalmont has quoted). Plus his keeping track of who hadn't posted since the beginning of Day 2 seems like filler content and isn't relevant nor helpful.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Empoof said:
Okay I'm honestly having a hard time with this spiffy thing. I've voiced before how I thought he was skating by D1, and latched onto things like the No Lynch and used his mafia experience to talk about things that are generally considered town. The exclamation points in his posts have an air of propaganda about them that i can't really describe. But on the other hand, I've seen him try to produce discussion. He's prodded people for opinions and if anything helped me make connections with people.
Also, promoting discussion is really easy and is something any user of any team can do. It helps the village, obviously, to have more discussion, as that is our only weapon in this game, but it's also a stupid move from the mafia to attempt NOT to promote discussion. Yes, Spiffy may have posted some discussion-promoting comments. What he didn't post were controversial opinions, and that is why my vote remains on him right now. He has, up to this point, been unwilling to pick fights. I don't like that.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Is that directed at anyone in particular aska? I am leaning towards eagle4 being scum, I think I have been for a while, but I do get more than a hint of newness in his posts. I do lean scum, but the newness I detect makes it hard for me to be certain about it.

I also think spiffy is a much better target, particularly after his latest post. He also hasn't posted anything in the 9 or so hours since then, which is a bit odd, considering he has been the topic of discussion quite a bit. It obviously could be due to IRL issues, but 9 hours is a pretty decent amount of time. I am starting to be convinced that Shining Latios is noobtown, so I'm reluctant to switch onto that vote. The only other one that has been brought up that I'd switch to, as of right now, is my original vote, ShinySkarmory.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
that was directed at the aska post above spiffy's response. and now the stuff about him not responding is moot, but now let me get ready to rebut that piece of tissue paper spiffy decides to call an argument.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think people are reading too far into my "analysis" of players. I'm not trying to write a fucking doctoral thesis that takes a full week to finish reading and kills 7 trees in print format. What I like to do is recap what that person has accomplished so far, then give my read with the summary right there for justification. It's basically my list of reads in spread-out form.

That being said, if you want me to write a doctoral thesis on someone, let me know before I get too tired to coherently function and then fall asleep and then go to school and not post until 6 pm tomorrow.

Ampharos

And yeah, the end half of my day 1 was kinda really bad, but that's mainly because of a combination of a busyish schedule and the posts gradually inching towards tl;dr territory. I'll try to maintain a better attention span in the future.

Askaninjask, I never started fights on Day 1 because I was intent on getting people to talk. I've stated before that prodding inactive users is my main goal on Day 1 of an NOC. And I did call multiple users out on weird posts, bandwagons, no lynch votes, etc. I really don't know to what extent I have to challenge other players to be considered village. I didn't really see many other players start fights other than the Shining Latios and Metal Sonic fiasco, so why is it me you're targeting with that reasoning?

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
This brings me to another point. As a villager, if I'm not called out on the quality of my posting, I am going to continue posting like that because I have no reason to think I'm not being helpful. I genuinely thought (and still think) my posts were fine and helpful on Day 1, but ALL OF A SUDDEN multiple players find that not to be the case. It took an entire Day/Night phase (and a reset in the votes) for people to "realize" that my posts were suspicious. This is the main reason why I think there is some mafia involvement in my lynch. Primarily Walrein and zorbees.
This is actually a distressingly good point. While nobody called you out on Day 1, everyone seems to be happy to jump onto this bandwagon now. This could be due to mafia teammates wanting to look cleaner by joining the lynch on a teammate, but it could be a mafia push as you say, and that option certainly exists.

However, what has also happened concurrently is that several users have posted negative opinions about Spiffy without voting for him. Empoof believed that Spiffy had been posting strangely on Day 1 but did not vote him. jalmont believes that Spiffy is a "solid scum read" or whatever he said but he still has not voted him. I think jalmont is probably town; the switch from troll to active user usually does not occur with mafioso, and is much more common with villagers, but still the point stands.

I really don't know what to think at this point. I suppose I still support the Spiffy lynch, but I think it's time to think about some new options as well.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
The difference is that one has been a confirmed strategy for multiple mafia (as I evidenced earlier in the thread) and one was a case of a mafia member trying to emulate the strategy of a VILLAGER to blend in. Askaninjask used this strategy to try to imitate village behavior, so obviously a villager also acting like this shouldn't be (and isn't) out out of the ordinary. Just because one player used it as a ploy to mole the village doesn't mean everyone in the future who acts similarly is mafia. To base a lynch on this shaky evidence is extremely counterproductive.

First of all, is there any evidence that it actually was a deliberate strategy and not just a coincidence of inactive mafia members? Anyways, I don't really find past games relevant, so either way I still find your argument pretty dumb.

Sorry, but that's how I've always handled town reads during the initial days of an NOC game. The village's ability to "scum search" is not hampered or improved in any way if people don't present their town reads publicly, so there is no reason to give mafia the extra information. I don't care if you think it's an excuse, I find it to be helpful to the town so I'm doing it. At least until we establish a pattern to mafia kills. If they continue to kill experienced players I will feel more comfortable revealing some of my town reads. And mafia killing universal town reads is not a "minor issue". If the people who I read as (and are) town stay alive, it allows me to focus more on people that I don't have as good of a read on.
I find it better and safer to conceal concrete town reads as long as possible.

You shouldn't be sticking your reads into a time machine and rediscovering them 4 days later. You should always be re-evaluating. This will tie in to a point I make later about how the Spiffy lynch came about. And yes, in my opinion, you are hurting the ability to find scum by not posting town reads. Sure, you aren't hurting the ability to find the first scum, but once a scum falls, we can analyze their town reads, and who read them as town, and try to find any links. If person x believes person y to be town, and person y believes person x to be town, and one of them flips scum, that is a bit of evidence that could lead to the other being scum. Nothing is ever 100% in NOC, but the more ties like that we have, the better. And honestly, at this point, you should have at least some read on everybody.

You say yourself that LightWolf hadn't posted much recently. How can my opinion of him change if he hasn't posted anything that could potentially change it? The only reason I was so adamant about voting Jalmont was because multiple times I saw him view the thread and not post anything new. LightWolf had also mentioned activity issues earlier, so his lack of posts didn't really concern me.

Once again taking the minor points of my argument and amplifying them. I said I was giving you an OK for Lightwolf, but you didn't address the attitude you have regarding not updating reads, which was evidenced in the post before I responded where your reads were essentially "I already said why they are bad"

Please tell me I'm not the only one who acknowledges this complete bullshit reasoning that zorbees continuously falls back on. This reason for expecting me or Empoof has nothing to do with the quality of our contributions, so I don't know why he continues to include it as justification for scum reads...

It isn't complete bullshit, and I'm not even using it as a major argument, so stop acting like I am. I just find it odd that there exist people whom no one questions, despite nothing being provable in this game. The fact that you felt like you had to respond to this when it wasn't even directed at you makes me feel like you're just trying to appeal to everyone that maybe some of your logic will stick and people won't suspect you.

Walrein if something about me had been "nagging at you for awhile" then why did it take you one vote for me (askaninjask) and a voiced suspicion of me (zorbees) to finally bring it up. Why didn't you say anything on Day 1? Were you too busy hammering a vote? ;)

Walrein also explain to me why you hippocritically think I'm not being contributional when you post travesties such as your "analyses" of More Cowbell and Infinity.Cypher which just summarized their posts (there may have been others) as well as pretty much the ENTIRE end half of your Day 1 and so far all of Day 2.

This brings me to another point. As a villager, if I'm not called out on the quality of my posting, I am going to continue posting like that because I have no reason to think I'm not being helpful. I genuinely thought (and still think) my posts were fine and helpful on Day 1, but ALL OF A SUDDEN multiple players find that not to be the case. It took an entire Day/Night phase (and a reset in the votes) for people to "realize" that my posts were suspicious. This is the main reason why I think there is some mafia involvement in my lynch. Primarily Walrein and zorbees. Not as much askaninjask and Metal Sonic because I've liked all of aska's posts thus far and Metal Sonic actually expressed some discontent with my posts on Day 1 (but didn't really elaborate on it).

You should know that it can be awfully hard to keep up with everything that happens in the game. Sometimes it takes someone else saying "maybe this guy isn't so good..." for you to double-check, and confirm for yourself that you agree. If you take a look, I've been doing a lot of "retrospectives" today, looking back at a user's posting history to determine my opinion of him. There is nothing wrong with this, and I don't understand why you think there is. And, I know it is WIFOM, but do you honestly think that the mafia would go on such a blatant crusade against you to lynch you? There are plenty of targets being discussed, what makes you so special?

The only other slight scum read I have at the moment is Eagle4 because of the "whole lot of nothing" he posted as his thoughts earlier on (the post that Jalmont has quoted). Plus his keeping track of who hadn't posted since the beginning of Day 2 seems like filler content and isn't relevant nor helpful.

I wonder who this reminds me of...

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Is that directed at anyone in particular aska? I am leaning towards eagle4 being scum, I think I have been for a while, but I do get more than a hint of newness in his posts. I do lean scum, but the newness I detect makes it hard for me to be certain about it.

I also think spiffy is a much better target...
askaninjask said:
Eagle4's posts are certainly coherent, but I'm not sure how much of what he says can be attributed to his newness and how much may be scumtell. This is what makes it hard for me to get a clean read on him. I'm leaning scum.
askaninjask said:
However, I STILL won't vote you now, because Spiffy is a much better vote.
Ok, so now you're not only constantly agreeing with me, but using literally the same words and phrases that I used. That's a bit odd.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Might as well repsond to you about this as well, since it is indirectly about me.

This is actually a distressingly good point. While nobody called you out on Day 1, everyone seems to be happy to jump onto this bandwagon now. This could be due to mafia teammates wanting to look cleaner by joining the lynch on a teammate, but it could be a mafia push as you say, and that option certainly exists.

Lots and lots of WIFOM here, but I'll address it anyways. If me and Spiffy were mafia teammates, do you think I would read into your semi-innocuous comment of "my strongest scum read is spiffy", look through his posting history, and agree that he looks pretty scummy, while there is only 0 or 1 vote on him?

The "mafia pushing to lynch a townie" is more realistic, but I don't see why this wouldn't apply to any lynch ever. Mafia are always going to want a townie lynched, because the only other option (besides no lynch lol) is one of them being lynched. In my post responding to spiffy, I said that sometimes you need a reminder to recheck your read on someone, so when you posted something I found pretty peculiar, spiffy being a scum suspect, I decided to look at his posts and form my own opinion of him.

However, what has also happened concurrently is that several users have posted negative opinions about Spiffy without voting for him. Empoof believed that Spiffy had been posting strangely on Day 1 but did not vote him. jalmont believes that Spiffy is a "solid scum read" or whatever he said but he still has not voted him. I think jalmont is probably town; the switch from troll to active user usually does not occur with mafioso, and is much more common with villagers, but still the point stands.

I really don't know what to think at this point. I suppose I still support the Spiffy lynch, but I think it's time to think about some new options as well.

Any thoughts on who you'd be interested in lynching, if not Spiffy?

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Ok, so now you're not only constantly agreeing with me, but using literally the same words and phrases that I used. That's a bit odd.
To be fair, I did just get through reading your post, so I suppose a bit of taking a bit of the language is going to happen subconciously. I don't see how "leaning scum" is particularly unique, nor is saying "spiffy is a better target". Newness is probably the only thing that can be directly attributed to you, but this is probably attributed to there not being much of a better word, combined with, as I said, just coming off of reading your post.

I don't think there is really much to read into this though, mafia tends to have its own unique language, so it should make sense that some common words and phrases appear.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Askaninjask, I never started fights on Day 1 because I was intent on getting people to talk. I've stated before that prodding inactive users is my main goal on Day 1 of an NOC. And I did call multiple users out on weird posts, bandwagons, no lynch votes, etc. I really don't know to what extent I have to challenge other players to be considered village. I didn't really see many other players start fights other than the Shining Latios and Metal Sonic fiasco, so why is it me you're targeting with that reasoning?
I am targeting you for two reasons, the first of which is that you're an intelligent/experienced user. Your posts are indicative of your alliance in ways that newer users' aren't. Secondly, you posted everything you did in ways that made sure not to aggravate anyone. When you did go about making a scum read/vote about or against another user you seemed to have done so in such a manner as not to upset the person you were talking about. I got the sense that you, more than the other users who may also not have gotten into fights, wanted to be active without getting your hands dirty.

Spiffy said:
Walrein if something about me had been "nagging at you for awhile" then why did it take you one vote for me (askaninjask) and a voiced suspicion of me (zorbees) to finally bring it up.
Walrein please answer this.

zorbees said:
First of all, is there any evidence that it actually was a deliberate strategy and not just a coincidence of inactive mafia members? Anyways, I don't really find past games relevant, so either way I still find your argument pretty dumb.
It doesn't matter if the mannerism was deliberate, what matters is that mafia still happened to be inactive in multiple instances. Some people claimed that inactivity was not something to look into, so I corrected them using evidence from other games.

zorbees said:
You shouldn't be sticking your reads into a time machine and rediscovering them 4 days later. You should always be re-evaluating. This will tie in to a point I make later about how the Spiffy lynch came about.
Well obviously I will re-evaluate reads. I thought that was a given.

zorbees said:
And yes, in my opinion, you are hurting the ability to find scum by not posting town reads. Sure, you aren't hurting the ability to find the first scum, but once a scum falls, we can analyze their town reads, and who read them as town, and try to find any links. If person x believes person y to be town, and person y believes person x to be town, and one of them flips scum, that is a bit of evidence that could lead to the other being scum.
Actually you're right, I admit that is an instance where it would be beneficial to reveal town reads. But I take lists of reads from confirmed mafia with a grain of salt because they are tampered with and not real opinions. However I can see where connections can be drawn. But it's not like I refuse to connect myself with any user, I have said when I agree with someone's post and have mentioned people I don't think are mafia in other posts of mine. I still worry about giving the mafia extra information...
zorbees said:
Once again taking the minor points of my argument and amplifying them. I said I was giving you an OK for Lightwolf, but you didn't address the attitude you have regarding not updating reads, which was evidenced in the post before I responded where your reads were essentially "I already said why they are bad"
Sorry, I think I misunderstood the initial intent of that argument. Once again, I always spoke up when I found something suspicious about another player; I'm not going to create an entire list of reads because of every little thing that someone does different from the norm. And every vote I casted and read I made had some sort of followup to how I felt after that person responded to my vote/question. I always make it a point to respond to anything directed at me.
I am targeting you for two reasons, the first of which is that you're an intelligent/experienced user. Your posts are indicative of your alliance in ways that newer users' aren't. Secondly, you posted everything you did in ways that made sure not to aggravate anyone. When you did go about making a scum read/vote about or against another user you seemed to have done so in such a manner as not to upset the person you were talking about. I got the sense that you, more than the other users who may also not have gotten into fights, wanted to be active without getting your hands dirty.
Starting fights brings too much focus to a certain user or pair of users (Metal Sonic vs. Shining Latios) which is something I want to avoid. If I can get the information I need from someone without making the entire game focus on a certain argument, that is the course of action I will take.

And I've been pretty confrontational with zorbees and Walrein this entire day, so saying I am not starting fights is pretty misguided (regarding Day 2 at least).

I'm tired and I'm going to bed. I probably won't be able to post again for like another 12 hours or more.

Ampharos

@spiffy: i don't know.

I really wish I could give you a better answer, but I honestly have no clue.

Let's go with "I wasn't sure if I was actually noticing something or just imagining things"

yea that sounds ok

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi,

I'm posting this at school now, So this may be a little rushed.

I find that the pressure from zorbees and askaninjask is very helpful in generating reads on Spiffy. It is still insufficient at this point in time to issue a 100% scum/town read, but

based on my reads at the moment, it is unfortunate that Spiffy is still leaning scum.

I am waiting for spiffy to trip. Please carry on with the questioning

What I do find interesting, is that zorbees is really active at this moment, and right on top of everything, while he was rather inactive on day 1. This could just be a case of him being busy during most of day 1, but it could also be that something, or someone, is moving him into taking up more action.

Also, on day 1, DLE said that he thought Empoof and zorbees were most likely mafia (somewhere on page 12, iirc). It could be a mafia move to frame Empoof and zorbees, but the fact remains that DLE is very much dead, and that the mafia even went as far as to break sentry on day 1. I don't know if it was out of fear for DLE, the fact that DLE may have been up to something, but still, I think it's quite striking that the mafia already broke the sentry position. Perhaps Empoof and zorbees are indeed mafia, hoping to get rid of DLE before he could push his suspicions harder.

Votecount 2.5

Lynch:
Spiffy: (4) askaninjask Walrein Metal Sonic zorbees
Shining Latios: (3) shinyskarmory More Cowbell LightWolf
zorbees: (2) Spiffy TPM
shinyskarmory: (1) zorbees Shining Latios
Eagle4: (1) Jalmont
Not Voting: (2) Eagle4, Empoof

Sentry:
Walrein: (3) Eagle4 askaninjask Walrein
LightWolf: (2) Spiffy TPM
Jalmont: (1) Jalmont
shinyskarmory: (1) shinyskarmory
More Cowbell: (1) More Cowbell
zorbees: (1) Shining Latios
Not Voting: (4) LightWolf, zorbees, Empoof, Metal Sonic

With 13 alives it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is in 81 - 6 = 75 hours, 2:00 PM GMT.

shinyskarmory has been prodded.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
smh nothing happened in the 6 hours since i last posted

not very encouraged to post a thesis here because lack of people, but
1.more cowbell I appreciate your efforts but I doubt what you're thinking is of the case
2. I still find spiffy leaning scum, will read his new posts tomorrow, meanwhile zorbees and askaninjask please keep up the pressure!
3. dont really find shinyskarm scummy atm i guess
4.jalmont's theory on eagle is convincing but he seems more 'helpful' than Cowbell or walrein or SL atm(or is he?), so I may hold him off till later
5. 3 more days till deadline yippeee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)