The World Cup of Pokémon VIII - Round 1 - Read posts #283, #342, #634 and #680

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
people can be justifiably angry when they get lucked in a game they otherwise would have won but yeah the bitching should be kept to a minimum (i.e. dont act like me last wcop please)

Lamppost

I put the milk in first
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you can't be angry at the other person for lucking you. you can be angry at the luck itself, though.
*Edit* well you really can't, we play pokemon

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Hello everyone, and welcome to Smogon Politics 101.

The reason I'm posting this is to clarify the situation surrounding WhiteQueen's ban. As many of you are probably already aware of, WhiteQueen was recently given an infraction and then proceeded to insult me via VM (the VM is still there, feel free to check it out), resulting in a second infraction and therefore a ban. As it turns out, some members of the senior staff, including Aldaron--one of this tournament's hosts--think the initial infraction was not justified, because the individual post I infracted wasn't infraction worthy. However, my reasoning for the infraction is as follows:

As I'm sure you've all noticed, WhiteQueen tends to make terrible posts... quite often, so a few days ago, I decided to delete one of them and told him that I'd infract the next bad post he made. I also warned him over VM afterwards (he VM'd me asking why I considered his posts bad,the conversation is still there if you care to look for it) and suggested he sticked to posting activity / match results in order to avoid any conflict. He didn't listen, and I followed through with what I said I would.

Now, I'm perfectly aware that the individual post that I infracted is not infraction worthy, so don't get ahead of yourselves thinking I'm a nazi mod and whatnot. The reasoning behind the infraction is that I--and many other users, I'm sure--believe that a constant stream of borderline posts does even more harm than a single infraction worthy post. And if we're being honest here, I'm sure a lot of you are happy to see WhiteQueen banned.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to stress that posts like the one WhiteQueen was initially infracted for are not going to get you infracted (however, constantly making shitty, borderline posts like the one he's known for is). So feel free to continue in the WCoP trash talking spirit.

That is all.

inb4:suspicious:

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
I want to thanks Philip, your fairplay is a model to me and I wish everybody could enjoy facing a straight guy like you.

Good game and good luck in the future.
you mean to tell me no one will enjoy facing whitequeen? :{|}

btw class act, very respectable.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
last post here but everyone is sick of you complaining about luck in a game that is a significant part luck. it makes the game a lot less fun for everyone else when something we can't control gets ETERNALLY bitched at and if you don't like luck then maybe this isn't the game for you :)!
what a martyr you are

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i actually enjoyed WhiteQueen's posts ;-; He was one of the reasons to visit this thread. His posts weren't malicious either

#freewhitequeen

#Don'tfreewhitequeen

He was kinda pushing it, and he did go on the offensive against Koko (nickname <3<3, you are now my pet monkey) over VM...

Edit: also a mod can't 'just' undo a ban like that, I think it'll be more harmful than it'll do good..

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeah, I have no problem with WhiteQueen being banned. When someone is that disrespectful, you gotta let em go.

Don't get me wrong I hate WhiteQueen to fuck and back.. I also hate his posts. But the reason for shis(can't specify his gender tbh) ban is simply ridiculous and unjust.. I read the VMs as well and he insulted you once after you provoked him. I swear people make me a super mod..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)