CAP 5 CAP 5 - Final Product

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lithos Shot

Meh, I dunno

Other than that move's name, this is my fav CAPmon so far!
Oh, that actually sounds really cool! :)

Other than Brimstone losing, this is definitely my second-favorite CAP (behind Fidgit, who will probably always be one of my favorites since he's the one who I joined on).

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Primal Wave

Other than Brimstone losing, this is definitely my second-favorite CAP (behind Fidgit).
Agreed. I'm here since Syclant (even though I'm not ALWAYS contibuting, and I have lost the whole Pyroak project), but Stratagem and Fidgit seems to be the most pokémonish of all the CAP pokémon we have until now. I can picture them being in 5th Gen perfectly. Of course Revenankh, Syclant and Pyroak could be also, but not THAT perfectly.

What about Petra Beam? Stratagem's not a fossil pokemon, so Ancient sounds a bit mismatched. Petra means rock in Latin, so it's pretty meaningful too.

What about Petra Beam? Stratagem's not a fossil pokemon, so Ancient sounds a bit mismatched. Petra means rock in Latin, so it's pretty meaningful too.
It doesn't have to be a fossil to have an attack named ancient
look Zappy gets Ancient power toge and lots more ....

I like the ring of the Paleo moves, and personally like Paleo Blast over Paleo Wave, but I think if Wave is what the people want then that's fine too. (to throwback pulse, I think we've got enough pulses...)

Paleo Wave[/bandwagon]
Anyway, the project went pretty smoothly. The one thing I dislike is the art; it looks rather unnatural. But I can live with that :P
And I know it's not the right place, but I think it's fine without pre-evolutions.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
K Paleo Wave won pretty much overwhelmingly. So we'll use that.

I have to say, I'm very pleased with how this turned out. Also, grats to Bass for getting mods here =)

I have to say, this has probably been my least favorite CAP in terms of how the polls went, but I also think it may be our biggest success yet, tennis, you did a great job as TL.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
tennisace said that Paleo Wave is the name that's going to be used instead of Ancient Beam. So if you're going to post in this thread, post only to talk about the final product.

Well, if I should say Stratagem is interesting, even if I prefer Fidgit by far. This bias comes only down to versatility: after all, I can see Stratagem able to run no more than 2 or maybe 3 sets with significant variants, while Fidgit is much more fun to use because you can adapt him to what best suits you teams, your desires, maybe even your mood^^ agan, this is my opinion.

From a more objective point of view, im pretty interested in seeing how well this thing will face the main counters/walls like Heatran, Zapdos, Celebi and Togekiss. On paper it seems to have some good selling points, but I fear that, like Syclant, the sheer might of Steel powerhouses (Metagross, Heatran, Scizor) will hamper it badly.

Anyway, its too early to say anything concrete, I think

erm, syclant doesn't care about any steels except Scizor :S

Bronzong too, but still, syclant is near broken as it is, I wouldn't say steels are hampering him.

I never tested Syclant, but i thought Metagross could get the upper hand against him if it carries Bullet Punch, and Lucario the same. Ok, they are not counters, but all of them can stop Syclant easily. I think.

I feel like playing some theorymon. Possible counters for this thing would be anything with Bullet Punch (Scizor, Metagross and Lucario are the most likely), other base 130 speed Pokemon such as Aerodactyl, Electrode with a super effective Hidden Power (?) and Trick Room. But that's all I can think of. Anyone else?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I feel like playing some theorymon. Possible counters for this thing would be anything with Bullet Punch (Scizor, Metagross and Lucario are the most likely), other base 130 speed Pokemon such as Aerodactyl, Electrode with a super effective Hidden Power (?) and Trick Room. But that's all I can think of. Anyone else?
How about the obvious Bulky Waters? Or Bulky Grounds/Rocks I.E. TTar/Hippowdon?

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Adding more, I think a Starmie could take it down, possibly a Weavile and also a Venusaur. Trick Room and Mach Punch users too.
How exactly are the aforementioned pokemon counters? Did you even look at the complete movepool and stat spread in the OP? If you did, then you would realize that Stratagem can hit the pokemon you mentioned for super-effective damage, not to mention outspeed them.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Adding more, I think a Starmie could take it down, possibly a Weavile and also a Venusaur. Trick Room and Mach Punch users too.
I would be shocked if this could not 2KO Starmie and Venu (Flamethrower) and 1KO Weavile.
It also outspeeds all of them baring a scarf.

But Vaporeon/Milotic sound like decent switches as well as some Snorlax.
I wonder if Rev can take it down?

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Revenankth and Snorlax are both solid counters as they can take even Super Effective hits from Stratagem pretty well and hit him hard with Hammer Arm and Earthquake, respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)