Swim Swim Swim

Decided to try out a Rain Dance team. I'm use to stalling and being bulky offenses so this is a change for me as its a fast and fragile team.

Zapdos @ Damp Rock
Bold
HP 248/Defense 228/Speed 32
Thunder
Roost
Hidden Power (Ice)
Rain Dance

The wonderful lead. His job is to get the Rain Dance down. And from that part on I can decide on whether I wanna try to stall out his first guy with Hidden Power (Ice), Thunder and Roost. I find Zapdos useful at mid-game Rain Dancing as well, so I try not to lose him too early. Someone told me to use a suicide lead like Electrode but Electrode usually dies before he gets to explode.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Modest
Swift Swim
HP 60/Speed 196/Special Attack 252
Surf
Grass Knot
Ice Beam
Rain Dance

Ok, Ludicolo provides two things for me. 1) Amazing sweeping ability. 2) Rain Dance. Ludicolo can come in on a wall and set up Rain Dance. Ice Beam helps with grass pokemon and Grass Knot is for water who resist both Surf and Ice Beam. Speed doubles in the rain so I am capable of taking away some EVs and shoving them to HP where they can be used to my benefit because of that Life Orb.

Kabutops @ Life Orb
Adament
Swift Swim
HP 72/Attack 252/Speed 184
Waterfall
Aqua Jet
Stone Edge
X-Scissor

I am honestly in-love with this set. He can take minor hits and deal huge hits. Waterfall flinches; if I get lucky and if it doesn't OHKO. Aqua Jet is for the typical scarfed revenge killers that might pose me a threat or even something with a priority move itself. Stone Edge is hard hitting hit with a nice critical hit ratio. X-Scissor is something I get told to scrap all the time. But honestly, I'm loving it especially when they toss in a grass pokemon thinking that it will take all of my hits.

Omastar @ Life Orb
Modest
Swift Swim
HP 4/Speed 252/Special Attack 252
Earth Power
Surf
Ice Beam
Ancient Power

This guy is doing me good as well. He carries the hard hitting surf. His speed is ridiculous (in rain). Ice Beam covers grass. Earth Power covers electric. Ancient Power is to be tossed in there with surf due to not many resist both rock and water. If I get lucky, Ancient Power will boost my stats making me even faster and the surf doing even more damage.

Kingdra @ Leftovers
Adamant
Swift Swim
HP 180/Attack 252/Speed 76
Waterfall
Outrage
Rain Dance
Dragon Dance

Dual dance Kingdra, is absolutely dangerous. The ridiculous speed in the rain + anything raised from Dragon Dance and the boost of attack from dragon dance. The water type boost + stab + Dragon Dance boost, makes a Waterfall extremely deadly. Kingdra's brings is a great Rain Dance starter for my team due to his resist.

Electivire @ Life Orb
Adamant
HP 2/Attack 252/Speed 252
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Cross Chop
Thunder Punch

Electivire brings me electric type immunity which is desperately needed for this team. When I predict and electric move I simply switch to this guy and then I get a nice speed boost. Once the speed on this guy is boosted, I have the ability to out speed most things on the opposing team. The moves are simply for as much coverage as possible.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
If you are in desperate need of an electric immunity, I would try a rain support Swampert or Latias rather than electivire, who does little to help your team. In a rain dance team, every member should ideally be a swift swim sweeper or a rain supporter.

I would suggest that you use a mixed Kingdra set. You should not waste precious rain truns setting up dragon dance, since you are already faster than nearly everthing, and this lets you break through walls in a similar manner. I would also give it LO, since you should not really be taking too many hits anyway.

I would try Qwilfish over Omastar. Qwilfish provides an all important absorber of toxic spikes, and attacks in a similar manner to kabutops, opening it up for a sweep with explosion. It also helps beat celebi through poision jab. Finally, it is hugely faster than Omastar, and packs resistance to priority moves (steel, water and fighting)

Good luck

(edit - quick rate because I fear this will be locked)

edit 2 - as Lady gaga says, you definitely want SD. Aqua jet would be very weak without it.

I wouldn't advise a completely physical Electivire, replace Thunderpunch with Thunder if I were you, and get rid of X-Scissor on Kabutops for Swords Dance, X-Scissor is only meant for Celebi anyway, and besides, a boosted Stone Edge will leave that onion with a huge dent, if not KO .

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah you really want SD on Kabutops authough I would have Stone Edge dropped for it as you really don't want celebi stalling out your rain or paralysing your sweepers. However if you go for Quilfish over Omastar then your celebi problem is solved and then X scizzor can be used over it if you wished.

Personally Lanturn can absorb electric attacks and take hits pretty well. It can also set up rain and chose to run a boltbeam set or a annoyer set. It is quite bulky so it can take a hit or 2 to set up rain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)