Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grass type = better than Treeko/Turtwig/Chikorita
Fire type = Well to be fair fire always has the coolest pokes..
Whatever the fuck that thing is type = hmm I guess anything's better than Mudkip..

But to be fair I've watched the anime and played the games for so long that even though I didn't like some of the Pokémon originally I totally warmed to them and I've already warmed to these in like 10 minutes.

As for the game itself I want to play it right now :( I'm thinking of importing for the first time but I'm worried that would ruin the game overall since I wouldn't have a clue what was going on. Gosh.

Why does that city look like Atlantis for the Stargate series!?!?!? O.o

Anyway the Water starter is probably Water/Ice, that makes him the most useless one of them all.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Grass type = better than Treeko/Turtwig/Chikorita
Fire type = Well to be fair fire always has the coolest pokes..
Whatever the fuck that thing is type = hmm I guess anything's better than Mudkip..

But to be fair I've watched the anime and played the games for so long that even though I didn't like some of the Pokémon originally I totally warmed to them and I've already warmed to these in like 10 minutes.

As for the game itself I want to play it right now :( I'm thinking of importing for the first time but I'm worried that would ruin the game overall since I wouldn't have a clue what was going on. Gosh.
Are you joking Mudkip is the best.

I dont MIND the starters, the grass one is cool actually, the fire sprite looks good so i can live with it, the water one is weird. But i remember thinking wtf when i first saw torchic and now i love it. So i guess i will get used to them :P

The water one is some super gay shit. The fire one is better than expected, but still not that good. The grass one actually looks to be my favourite this generation...

The new protagonists look interesting although I really wish GF would stop putting hats on them. And the female has some seriously messed up hair...

I find it odd that it shows the entire of sinnoh and kanto/johto for the 4th gen games but then only shows the city for the new ones; is that the entire region or something? I doubt it, but it's odd...

The water one is some super gay shit.
So that pokemon is able to reproduce with other male pokemon or something?

Oh, wait you are just being homophobe and using someone's sexual orientation as an insult. Way to go.

The characters look cool and the age part was unexpected. Hope the villains are decent.

Rough translation from /jp/:

>Pokemon Black and White starters!

>In the Isshu region a new adventure awaits!

>3 new starter pokemon: Tsutaaja a Grass/Fighting pokemon of ivy, Pokabu a Fire/Dark pig pokemon and Mijumaru a Water/Psychic pokemon that can roll into a ball.

I may be alone in this, but I really like the female trainer's crazy hair. It doesn't make any damn sense with a baseball cap on, but I like it.

As for the starters, it's all good in the hood. Perhaps they look somewhat cute/gay/retarded because the trainers are older, in order to balance things out for all the young audiences.

Who else would like to see a fighting type eeveelution or some further form of an eeveelution (with some perhaps double types). It would make many quite useful, however some (like umbreon) are already good enough. Maybe a bug type evolution or even better, a steel type.

I also think the grass/fighting starter looks the best, however the fire one ain't that bad

>3 new starter pokemon: Tsutaaja a Grass/Fighting pokemon of ivy, Pokabu a Fire/Dark pig pokemon and Mijumaru a Water/Psychic pokemon that can roll into a ball.
Shit maybe I was wrong about this, he can roll into a ball guys come on.

A ball.

Shit maybe I was wrong about this, he can roll into a ball guys come on.

A ball.
Don't take that translation too seriously guys, might be fake. Would be very interesting though to have the fighting/dark/psychic subtypes working in the opposite direction to the grass/fire/water types.

WHY WHY WHY DID THEY MAKE IT A GRASS/FIGHTING!?!?!?
Now it has to compete with Breloom who totaly outclasses it becouse it wont have Spore and a good ability.
Also Fire/Dark and Water/Psychic has been done already...

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

>Pokemon Black and White starters!

>In the Isshu region a new adventure awaits!

Where'd this come from? The next page?

Any scans of this?

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
I actually really like the Grass-type Pokemon. Fighting-STAB should be good to hit Steels that resist its Grass STAB. Dark-STAB doesn't do that much for Fire, but it's still Fire. Water-STAB should be useful to hit those that resist Fire-STAB.

The Water Pokemon is a cheap ripoff of Piplup.

Edit: Crap I just realized the secondary STABs allow the other Water Pokemon to beat the Grass one with its secondary STAB source. So it not only goes from Water -> Fire -> Grass -> Water, but also Psychic -> Fighting -> Dark -> Psychic.

The polar bear is the ugliest thing I've seen. EVER. EVER. It's worse than Zoroark.
Holy shit dude, I have a tradition of starting with the water one but it's complete ASS.

The bunnypigfirething is ugly as well. The TreeckoMKII looks fine.

To be honest, when I saw the water starter, I actually questioned whether the makers were pissed.

However, on reflection, the saving grace is that the main characters have skipped the prepubescent stage entirely. It will only be a matter of time before we get hentai revolving around them.

Has anyone noticed the fire starter is black, the water starter is white, and the games are called black and white? Their evos could be the version mascots, harking back to red and blue. Makes sense as this is the first time starters have been revealed before legendaries. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)