My comeback in stall (Suspect RMT)

Hello Smogon. I have been away for a while but now I'm as back as ever. I have build a bunch of bad teams in the past but I'm pretty confident about this one. I build this team with Delko a few days ago and since it has worked out perfectly I decided to share it with you:

Changes will look like this.

Uxie @ Choice Scarf
Ability: levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Spe
Nature: Impish
- Trick
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

-> Uxie is a pretty reliable lead, even in OU. The reason why I choose this over Swampert is the ability to cripple opposing pokemon in 2 different ways. Trick is used the first turn, followed by Thunder Wave, Stealth Rock and then U-turn away to another pokemon. Simple yet effective lead. Uxie has not let me down so far.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Nature: Careful
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

-> Forretress is part two of this team. While to opponent is crippled Forretress throws some (Toxic) Spikes on the floor to damage my opponent. Not only that but he also spins away the Rocks/ Spikes that my opponent has laid down. Earthquake is my only attack move but it works great against Magnezone who can trap me since I don't carry Shed Shell. Thunderbolt will not deal a whole lot to the specialy defensive set like this one while Earthquake is a solid OHKO. Payback for ghost pokemon isn't needed that much since I have Tyranitar to trap and KO them. Forretress is also great for luring out Fire attacks that can activate Heatran's Flash Fire.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake

-> Tyranitar is the perfect pokemon to counter spin blocker that stand in the way of Forretress. Other then that it is also a great counter for set up pokemon such as Calm Mind Jirachi. Tyranitar also sets up Sandstorm which this stall really appreciate as the will nullify Leftover recovery. When the opponent is weakened Tyranitar can start an actually sweep.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Nature: Careful
- Waterfall
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

-> Stall teams tend to have problems with Wallbreakers such as Infernape. That's where Gyarados comes in handy. Gyarados also acts as my status absorber and phazer. If any of you listened to the Smogon podcast you heard them say that Rest-Talk Gyarados is one of Gyarados' most dangerous set and I can only agree with that. I've got a lot of ragequits after Gyarados made opposing pokemon faint due entry hazards. Gyarados is the most reliable member of this team.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 128 HP / 168 SpA / 212 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power fighting

-> Rotom-h is my spinblocker and boosting special sweeper. With 2 layers of Toxic Spikes on the field even the mighty Blissey cannot pass this microwave. The strategy is pretty straight forward; Sub up and start boosting/ sweeping. With Hidden Power fighting I can OHKO Scarftar after Stealth Rock and Spikes damage, I must be behind a Sub to outspeed though. Rotom is also my main and besides heatran my only special attacker so I need to take good care of it.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 HP / 32 SpA / 12 SpD / 220 Spe
Nature: Calm
- Substitute
- Protect
- Torment
- Flamethrower

-> Is there any pokemon better in abusing Toxic Spikes then Torment-tran? I haven't found one better yet, so this one has to do for now. The strategy is simple yet again but very effective nonetheless. Heatran is one tough fellow to take down with this set and being under the time pressure of poison doesn't make it any easier. This is the standard set again but with Flamethrower instead of Lava Plume, without Latias and Salamence there aren't many pokemon that would be better off burned and the extra damage output helps at times.

This was my team guys, hope you liked it and suggestions are welcome.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Uxie needs 152 speed Evs to outrun Aerodactyl. This is a necessity, otherwise it can beat you with taunt.

Hey I got your PM!

I also made a Torment Tran team, it worked great in suspect! This team reminds me a lot of Team of torment actually, except with uxie over Latias. The one weakness I see is to Agiligross with Thunder Punch, as basically it's only stopped by Rotom, who can be pursuited if not behind a sub. For that reason, I'd try a SubSplit Rotom with Will-o-wisp, to stop Tyranitar from pursuiting him.

That's all I have, the team is very solid. Good Luck.

Hey

So you decided to post the team at last ^^
I know from our battles this team is one though cookie and there isn't much I can suggest to make it better.

I can see Gyarados is kind of a problem. Your only way of dealing with it is Roaring it away with your own Gyarados or risk taking a lot of damage to take it down with either Tyranitar or Rotom-h. Therefor I suggest you'd make your Rotom a bit Bulkier:

Rotom-h @ leftovers/ bold/ levitate
252 HP, 168 Def, 88 Spe

- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Reflect
- Overheat

This is just your basic Spin blocker set but with Reflect over Will-o-wisp as Toxic Spikes is already present in your team.
Talking about Rotom-h:

I must be behind a Sub to outspeed though.
I think you meant that you can only win against Scarftar when you're behind the Sub, because it will still outspeed you. ^^

Hope this suggestion helped and good luck with the team.

Btw the team does look like Philips team of Torment.

Just a few quick fixes...

Change Uxie's EV's to 252HP, 104 Def, 152 Spe

This allows you to outspeed all base 130's and below, which covers just about every lead you will face, outspeeding every common lead bar Ninjask(lol). This puts you in a favourable position from the start allowing you to trick the scarf locking the lead into a move so you can paralyze and scout accordingly.

EDIT: beaten...

Also, I suggest Lava Plume > Flamethrower for the increased burn rate on Flying types and levitators that avoid your toxic spikes.

Hope my changes helped.

Best of luck with the team.

I've been playing on the suspect ladder a few times, although not as successfully as I'd like, so I figured I could offer you some worthwhile advice for your team.

I don't really have much to note on specific team weaknesses other than the fact that your team would probably struggle against Tyranitar. Your team's best method of fighting it appears to be through wearing it down with entry hazards, but you lack a Rock-resist and would furthermore struggle with any of the mixed sets, adding to the fact that only Gyarados would likely force it to switch. The most straightforward way to remedy this weakness would be to replace Uxie with Swampert, but since Uxie is perhaps the most unique member of your team, I'll leave the decision up to you. In any case, I'd just use the standard Stealth Rock (Lead) set if you're up for the change.

A more definite change I would recommend is to replace Gyarados's current EVs for the following spread: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD with a Careful nature. In all honesty, I find that Gyarados would prefer to handle special hits more efficiently than it'd have to in the standard metagame, where it has to consistently take hits from Lucario and Scizor. With this EV spread, you will be able to handle Infernape, Shaymin, and opposing Heatran with greater ease.

Anyways, good luck with the team.

Okay thanks guys for your suggestions, OP has been updated.

I havent played suspect all that much, so rather than post ill just say this, Scarf Tyranitar doesn't really fit as a stall pokemon, you could just run Payback on Forry and put Blissey on your team since Starmie can cause your team lots of problems and I know its really big on Suspect.
Scarftar is extremely useful either against offense as opposing Stall. Tyranitar can outspeed Starmie with Scarf and easily KO it. But I shall try to use Blissey over him, thank you for the suggestion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)