Avenue SU

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Hi all! I'd like to welcome you to this production of mine-- a unique blend of personal (crappy) karaoke and on-crack-art mixed with a bit of Pokemon / community humor. Oh and my crappier editing-- iBook Pro built in mic + Garage Band + iMovie ftl. I hope you all have a good time and can (endure my crappy singing/drawing) enjoy yourselves here on Avenue SU (smogon uni).

For those wondering, this is me singing Karaoke versions of the Avenue Q songs combined with slide-show style art. Please enjoy!

Without further ado:

Releases:

"BA in English" / "Sucks to be You." (Karaoke)

"If You were Gay" (Original Audio)

"I Wish you Could Meet my Girlfriend (but you can't) / (Original Audio)

"I Wish you Could Meet my Girlfriend (but you can't) / (Karaoke)

Schadenfreude (Original Audio)

Coming Soon:

"?????"

OMGOMGOMG AVENUE Q YES.

I will definitely be listening to this when I get on my laptop. Haha, so looking forward to this.

EDIT: Not the best...but at least you know you aren't too great. :B All jokes aside, I'm definitely going to listen to the rest of this series.

I would have definitely beaten you to this if I actually had a decent mic.

Also, I love how you made Christmas Eve a Charmander. And how you sang as her |D

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Though I didn't want to say it explicitly, it'll be funnier if you try to think of whether certain pokemon are associated with certain smogon users.

Well, Jumpluff/Kate is definitely Jumpluff. :P

All I can really think of for Glalie is DougJustDoug, and for Charmander I'd think Firestorm but that'd mean that Doug and Firestorm are engaged so that doesn't exactly make sense.

You're Princeton, aren't you?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Even if I say it outright it's not fun so I'll just leave up speculation . . . and bitch about the fact we don't have enough female users to make fun of. If only Cathy had used a pokemon avatar . . . oh well . . .

Thanks for watching anyway :D

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hahahaha smoochum and wooper as rod and nicky

i also would have accepted solrock and lunatone

also noctowl + lotad is a better pairing than glalie + charmander j/s

i fuckin love avenue q by the way

luvdisc'd

Chou Toshio

Over9000
So I'm starting to feel the cold that was coming on, and I'm lazy, and the original audio is amazing and . . . I'm done making excuses now. Enjoy my art + the original audio of Avenue Q:

If You were gay

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hahahaha smoochum and wooper as rod and nicky

i also would have accepted solrock and lunatone
Nah, I think it makes sense after keeping this in mind:
Though I didn't want to say it explicitly, it'll be funnier if you try to think of whether certain pokemon are associated with certain smogon users.

I really liked it! It's pretty humorous and your voice is pretty unique! I honestly enjoyed it, great job!

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Wow Avenue Q alone is amazing... but with the added illustrations it's amazing!(its funny trying to figure out which Pokemon represents certain Smogon users)

You have good singing voice dude. Keep up the good work!

Chou Toshio, I

Your timing and pitch is slightly off, but great none the less!

we should collaberate! Where I sing too! we need a girl to sing too :D

I really enjoyed watching these. You got a good singing voice, and the illustrations certainly added on to Avenue Q's fun.

By the way, Wooper's face in the banner... priceless. They're real nice, keep it up!

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Thanks for following guys I appreciate the support. I am starting to figure video editing in adobe software, so hopefully these can become better.

I have an awesome cast for the next video in mind, and will get to it when I can (I'll be back home sunday but have lots of smog stuff / battling to catch up on first).

I'm looking forward to the move too : P

lanturn and morm hahaha

Anyway, chou, I just popped by to say that this project has my total support, and I love it. Your singing voice is great, and the illustrations are crude, but extremely cute and manage to get quite a lot of emotion across.

so yeah good job etc

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would think an exploding Water type (Cloyster and Wailord come to mind) would be appropriate in my case :D

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Your singing voice is better than I expected and the animation and comic timing always managed to make me smile. Great stuff!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)