1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Avenue SU

Discussion in 'Congregation of the Masses' started by Chou Toshio, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

[​IMG]

Hi all! I'd like to welcome you to this production of mine-- a unique blend of personal (crappy) karaoke and on-crack-art mixed with a bit of Pokemon / community humor. Oh and my crappier editing-- iBook Pro built in mic + Garage Band + iMovie ftl. I hope you all have a good time and can (endure my crappy singing/drawing) enjoy yourselves here on Avenue SU (smogon uni).

For those wondering, this is me singing Karaoke versions of the Avenue Q songs combined with slide-show style art. Please enjoy!

Without further ado:

Releases:

"BA in English" / "Sucks to be You." (Karaoke)

"If You were Gay" (Original Audio)

"I Wish you Could Meet my Girlfriend (but you can't) / (Original Audio)

"I Wish you Could Meet my Girlfriend (but you can't) / (Karaoke)

Schadenfreude (Original Audio)

Coming Soon:

"?????"
  2. chocolate-kipp

chocolate-kipp

OMGOMGOMG AVENUE Q YES.

I will definitely be listening to this when I get on my laptop. Haha, so looking forward to this.

EDIT: Not the best...but at least you know you aren't too great. :B All jokes aside, I'm definitely going to listen to the rest of this series.

I would have definitely beaten you to this if I actually had a decent mic.

Also, I love how you made Christmas Eve a Charmander. And how you sang as her |D
  3. Chou Toshio

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Though I didn't want to say it explicitly, it'll be funnier if you try to think of whether certain pokemon are associated with certain smogon users.
  4. chocolate-kipp

chocolate-kipp

Well, Jumpluff/Kate is definitely Jumpluff. :P

All I can really think of for Glalie is DougJustDoug, and for Charmander I'd think Firestorm but that'd mean that Doug and Firestorm are engaged so that doesn't exactly make sense.

You're Princeton, aren't you?
  5. Chou Toshio

Even if I say it outright it's not fun so I'll just leave up speculation . . . and bitch about the fact we don't have enough female users to make fun of. If only Cathy had used a pokemon avatar . . . oh well . . .

Thanks for watching anyway :D
  6. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

hahahaha smoochum and wooper as rod and nicky

i also would have accepted solrock and lunatone

also noctowl + lotad is a better pairing than glalie + charmander j/s

i fuckin love avenue q by the way

luvdisc'd
  7. chocolate-kipp

chocolate-kipp

<- female user but not famous enough

Luvdisc'd as well, and still looking forward to If You Were Gay definitely.
  8. Chou Toshio

So I'm starting to feel the cold that was coming on, and I'm lazy, and the original audio is amazing and . . . I'm done making excuses now. Enjoy my art + the original audio of Avenue Q:

If You were gay
  9. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Nah, I think it makes sense after keeping this in mind:
  10. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yes Firestorm, it definitely makes sense in 'If You Were Gay' :toast:
  11. cosmicexplorer

cosmicexplorer pewpewpew
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Hahaha I love this. Avenue Q is the best.

And I love the facial expressions.
  12. Chou Toshio

13. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

oh god deck and grrrrrr hahahahahahahahaha
  14. SEO

SEO

I really liked it! It's pretty humorous and your voice is pretty unique! I honestly enjoyed it, great job!
  15. Chou Toshio

16. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Wow Avenue Q alone is amazing... but with the added illustrations it's amazing!(its funny trying to figure out which Pokemon represents certain Smogon users)

You have good singing voice dude. Keep up the good work!
  17. Doran Dragon

Doran Dragon

Chou Toshio, I

Your timing and pitch is slightly off, but great none the less!

we should collaberate! Where I sing too! we need a girl to sing too :D
  18. KratosAurion

KratosAurion

I really enjoyed watching these. You got a good singing voice, and the illustrations certainly added on to Avenue Q's fun.

By the way, Wooper's face in the banner... priceless. They're real nice, keep it up!
  19. Chou Toshio

Thanks for following guys I appreciate the support. I am starting to figure video editing in adobe software, so hopefully these can become better.

I have an awesome cast for the next video in mind, and will get to it when I can (I'll be back home sunday but have lots of smog stuff / battling to catch up on first).

I'm looking forward to the move too : P
  20. wickdaggler

wickdaggler

lanturn and morm hahaha

Anyway, chou, I just popped by to say that this project has my total support, and I love it. Your singing voice is great, and the illustrations are crude, but extremely cute and manage to get quite a lot of emotion across.

so yeah good job etc
  21. WaterBomb

WaterBomb because exploding camels wasn't enough
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Server Moderator

I would think an exploding Water type (Cloyster and Wailord come to mind) would be appropriate in my case :D
  22. Lanturn314

Lanturn314

Amazing work, Chou Toshio! I look forward to seeing future installments of this ^_^
  23. Morm

Morm

yeah cept that I'm the Canadian and Lanturn is the yank

fun video though :D
  24. Lee

Lee @ Thick Club
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Your singing voice is better than I expected and the animation and comic timing always managed to make me smile. Great stuff!
  25. Deck Knight

Deck Knight A Knight for the Aegis
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

Plausible deniability.

Looking forward to more.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)