Kaxtar and Acklow vs Athenodoros, and Galladiator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, so I've currently got 2 other players on board for this:

Acklow, Kaxtar, Athenodoros, and Galladiator

2+2 vs. 2+2 Doubles Tag Battle
DQ: 5 Days per Trainer/1 Week per Referee
Recovery: 4 Recovery/10 Chills per Trainer
Abilities: All
Items: None (No need to make this any tougher on the ref)
Switch: KO
Arena: So far, we've agreed to a pyramid that is right next to an oasis (about 10 feet away, the oasis is about 200 sq feet in the shape of a circle), which is filled with lush growth and plenty of desert plants. There is a pool that sits next to the pyramid and it is about 15 feet deep. Battlers begin midway between the top of the pyramid and the bottom and can either climb or descend the pyramid. A Revenankh (of life) sits at the top of the pyramid, meditating and it will reward them with 30 Health. Desukan may appear randomly if the sandstorm is damaged too much (as well as Desumasu). They will Curse any Pokemon that get in their way. Sunny Day is always in effect here, with a 10% chance of a Sandstorm occurring. Although the weather is warm here, there is a decent amount of humidity in the air as well. This means that there is a 1% chance of Rain Dance of occurring on its own. And if we want to go into any deeper details, there is only a 0.0000000001% chance of Hail occurring around here. Anyways, this image sort of gives us a feeling of what the arena should look like:
Good Morning everyone and welcome to this hot dry and sandy arena. Today we have a fantastic battle on our hands for us all to enjoy!

Turn of Events

First, Kaxstar will send out a Pokémon.
Then, Athenodoros will send one out.
Acklow will send out next.
Then Galladiator will release a Pokémon, and order actions.
Acklow will then order actions.
Athenodoros will order actions next.
And finally, Kaxtar will order actions.
I will Ref

assigning each player a number (in order in the OP) the format is 4132 and each player will move one turn eariler each round (Unless you are first)

Please inform me of any mistakes/anything I missed (if any).

Let This Battle Commence!
Fuck I cannot believe i wasted my 1.5K on this

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I don't think I have a single Pokemon who will enjoy these conditions. I really should have been present when they were drawn up. Anyway, in his maiden fight, Typhon the Lapras can come out to play!

EDIT: And why is the DQ time 5 days? This will take forever to finish.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Alrighty, sorry to keep y'all waiting:

Go Luna!! Let's see you do your best m'lady!!!

Duskull * (Female)
Nature: Brave (Adds * to Attack, and a 15% decrease in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy on an opponent's attacks)

Type:
Ghost
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)

Stats:

HP: 80
Atk: ***(+)
Def: ***
SpA: **
SpD: ***
Spe: 22 (25 x 0.85v)

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Levitate: This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Attacks:

Leer
Night Shade
Disable
Foresight
Astonish
Confuse Ray
Shadow Sneak
Pursuit
Telekinesis
Psychic
Trick Room
Imprison
Pain Split
Skill Swap

Also, the only reason I put DQ at 5 days is because I've been busy lately (plus what's so bad about stretching out a battle a few days, patience is a virtue after all ;) ).

Electra's currently fighting in two battles at the time of this post, so let's give her a break for this one.

Okay, Roman, show 'em what you've got!

Ralts (*) [Roman] (M)
Nature: Adamant (increases Attack by *, decreases Special Attack by *)
Type:
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Trace: (Can be Activated) This Pokemon can copy an ability of the opponent and replace Trace for six (6) actions. Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Telepathy (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has a mental link with its allies in multiple allies, allowing it to avoid taking damage from attacks that affect the whole field like Earthquake and Surf.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: ** (+)
Def: *
SpA: *(-)
SpD: **
Spe: 40

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Okay, Roman, it's your first battle, so I want you to start strong! Begin with a Will-o-Wisp aimed at Duskull, followed by a Confuse Ray to hit Ivysaur! After that, hit Ivysaur with a Return!

Recap:
Will-o-Wisp Duskull...Confuse Ray Ivysaur...Return at Ivysaur

Acklow

Sorry, I didn't realize it was my turn to post (mah bad).

Alright Luna, let's show them who's boss!!

I want you to dodge that Will-o-Wisp by Shadow Sneaking over to where Atheno the Lapras is.
Next up, I want you to Imprison the following of Roman the Ralts' moves:
-Confuse Ray
-Psychic
-Shadow Sneak
After that, I want you to Skill Swap Atheno's ability (Water Absorb) with your own. This way, all those Water Attacks won't hurt as much for some time.

Play defensively my Luna! Be brave!! Show them what annoying your opponent REALLY means.

Athenodoros

It should be noted that Lapras has undergone a name-change since I last posted: he is now known as Typhon to continue with the theme.

Anyway, Typhon, just come out all guns blazing. Use Hydro Pump on Luna to blast it from point-blank range after it has Shadow Snuck up to you. Then, use Ice Beam on Ivysaur and finish up with a final Hydro Pump at Luna before it can Skill Swap Water Absorb.

Alright bulbasaur, use a Sleep Powder on Ralts; make sure you wait to use it until after it misses the will-o-wisp to prevent it from burning up the spores and to increase the accuracy (taking a longer time to focus should make you more accurate). Next, use a Power Whip on Lapras to severely damage it, and finish up with a Giga Drain on lapras to restore some health lost from the Ice Beam.

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
START

Luna

Health:80
Energy:100

Jade

Health:100
Energy: 100

Atk: **** (+1)
SpA: ***
SpD:***
Spe:52 (-15%)

VS

Roman

Health: 90
Energy:100

Typhon

Health: 120
Energy: 100

Atk: ***
SpA: **** (+)
Spe: 51 (-)

Round One Start!
It’s a lovely day in Egypt, perfect conditions for a battle. The pokemon are released and a moment passes while the trainers size each other up. Suddenly Luna, despite the strong sunlight vanishes into thin air. Roman, bewildered looks around before Luna appears, sneaking out of the shadows directly behind Ralts, smashing into it sending it flying backward. Furious, Typhon defends its partner blasting a massive Hydro Pump, the volume of water dealing significant damage to Luna. Roman, keep to get revenge launchs a will-o-wisp at Luna the ghostly flame burning Luna, weakening it. Meanwhile Jade, unnoticed so far takes the opportunity to launch a few spores into the air, the Sleep Powder causing Roman to fall into a deep sleep.

While Luna and Typhon take a moment to catch there breath Jade is under no such restrictions slamming Typhon with a Power Whip. Typhon retaliates with a Ice Beam scoring a direct hit on Jade. While the two titan’s trade blows Luna takes a moment to sneak in close and focus its mental powers onto Roman imprisoning the moves Confuse Ray, Psychic and Shadow Sneak for a limited time.

Jade, keen to recover some health after the devastating Ice Beam launches a Giga Drain, stealing some of Typhon’s health. Meanwhile, Luna’s endeavours had not gone unnoticed, as Typhon sends another Hydro Pump at Luna from close range. Seeking to stop the pounding attacks from Typhon, Luna sends a beam of energy at Typhon, swapping there abilities for a short period.

Round 1 End

Luna

Health:40
Energy:83

Burned (2 DPA, 50% reduction on physical attacks)
Skill swapped ability (Water Absorb) (Stolen from Typhon

Jade

Health:87
Energy: 80

VS

Roman

Health: 75
Energy:93

Asleep (4 more actions)
Confuse Ray, Psychic, Shadow Sneak imprisoned (4 more actions)

Typhon

Health: 78

Skill Swapped Ability (Levitate) (Swapped with Luna)

O.k that was only the second time I have ever reffed a round so please lt me know if everything is o.k or if I can make it better. Feel free to let me know if I made any typos/calc errors or anything!

Acklow will post his actions
Athen will then post actions
Kaxtar will then post actions next
Galladiator will post his actions last

Acklow

One thing I'd like to point out is that you should mention the fact that Luna and Typhon have swapped abilities at this point in time, so attacks for this round that are Water Type are absorbed by Luna, rather than taken as damage.

Dang, we've been the taking the brunt of the blows here Luna!

To start things off, I want you to put fear in their hearts and minds. Fear that won't go away for the remainder of the match. Meet them with a fierce Leer - one that they have never seen before. This should lower both of their defenses, and make things easier for Jade to knock them around with.

After doing so, I want you to Pain Split with Roman (he and Typhon don't like you a lot, so give them more reason to dislike you). This way, Jade can focus on putting the hurt on Typhon.

Lastly, I want you to Night Shade Roman since he needs to be taught a lesson in not fighting a woman.

So:
1)Leer (it hits both opponents, decreasing both of their Def 1 Stage for the remainder of the match)
2)Pain Split Roman to recover lost HP
3)Night Shade Roman

Athenodoros

Okay, Typhon, we can do this. I want you to just use Ice Beam three times on Luna, unless Jade tries to use Power Whip on you, in which case use Mist to dodge his attack and bring your defence up to par. Hopefully Roman can dodge the Pain Split somehow and we can try to get rid of Luna quickly.

Ivysaur, you're faster than Lapras, so use a Power Whip on it before it can use Mist. Use the natural power of the sun to use a boosted Growth, raising your attack and special attack by +2 each. Then, finish with a Giga Drain on Lapras, restoring some health.

I like how Acklow seems to be focusing his attacks on me for some reason...

Okay Roman, if somehow you wake up this turn, use Return on Ivysaur.

ginganinja

START

Luna

Health:40
Energy:83

Jade

Health:87

VS

Roman

Health: 75

Asleep (4 more actions)
Confuse Ray, Psychic, Shadow Sneak imprisoned (4 more actions)

Typhon

Health: 78

Round 2 start

With all pokemon fighting hard Jade quickly strikes hard with its Vine, the Power Whip strikes Typhon hard. Starving off the pain Typhon releases a powerful Mist just in time to block Luna’s attempted Leer!

Jade, seeks to gain advantage of the sunlight and uses Growth, increasing in Size and Power. Typhon is having none of that though, blasting another Ice Beam directly at Jade. The Icy beam does tremendous damage to Jade, smashing it against the pyramid. Meanwhile Luna takes advantage of being largely ignored using Pain Split to steal energy health from Roman.

Struggling to get back up Jade blasts a Giga Drain at Typhon, draining its Health and stealing 10 HP back which Jade uses to restore some health back. Not to be outdone, Typhon continues its assault launching yet another Ice Beam which again strikes its target. Luna takes advantage of the defenceless Roman to blast black beams from its eyes. The Night Shade slams into Roman who shifts in its sleep yet does not yet wake.

Around the pyramid the weather seems to have changed. Despite the Sunlight a massive Sandstorm has occurred which will impact on the heath of the pokemon for the next few rounds.

Round 2 End

Luna

Health:51
Energy:56

Jade

Health:53
Energy: 58
Boosts +2 Atk, +2 SpA

VS

Roman

Health: 47

Asleep (1 more action)
Confuse Ray, Psychic, Shadow Sneak imprisoned (1 more action)

Typhon

Health: 33

Sandstorm is now in effect

Athen will post his actions
Kaxtar will then post actions
Galladiator will then post actions next
Acklow will post his actions last

Athenodoros

Launchin' ma Ice Beams at Jade!!

We can both hit it for Super Effective STAB damage, so hopefully we can at least take one out.

did you apply the extra energy for lapras's consecutive ice beams? The enrgy seems a little low...

alright Ivysaur, use two giga drains on Lapras, which should KO (two STAB bonuses, special attack +2 twice, two giga drains and super effective stuff should do more than enough damage). Finish the round with a Power Whip on Ralts.

Acklow

Haha!!! Luna you are fantastic!! Alright, I want you to Night Shade Roman once. Follow it up with an Imprisoning of Roman's
-Confuse Ray
-Shadow Sneak
-Psychic
Lastly, I want you to pound him with another powerful Night Shade for the KO.

So:
1)Night Shade
2)Imprison (Confuse Ray, Psychic, Shadow Sneak)
3)Night Shade

ginganinja

START

Luna

Health:51
Energy:56

Jade

Health:53
Boosts +2 Atk, +2 SpA

VS

Roman

Health: 47

Asleep (1 more action)
Confuse Ray, Psychic, Shadow Sneak imprisoned (1 more action)

Typhon

Health: 33

Round 3 start

The battle begins anew, all pokemon involved worn out and to cap it all off a sandstorm has blown up! Jade strikes Typhon hard as he has done for quite some time now while Typhon hits back with a powerful Ice Beam. Despite all the commotion Roman is still fast asleep and Luna cowardly strikes the poor Ralts with a Night Shade!
With dust and sand swirling all around its Jade who bursts out striking Typhon with another Giga Drain. Typhon struggles to recover from this critical blow but sadly it is too weak. Typhon slumps, this exhausting battle had taken too much of a toll on it. Ronam, suddenly snaps out of its sleepy daze, seeing its partner down it eyes burst with energy, a flame swirls around its head before lashing out striking Jade dead on the Will-o-wisp crippling Jades physical blows. Luna slips in close yet again, a flash of light and a searing burst of energy locks the moves Psychic, Confuse Ray and Shadow Sneak out of Romans reach.

Sandstorm is really dealing noticeable damage now, chipping away at there health. Jade lashs out with a Power Whip, slamming into Roman, hard. Roman is not a quitter though, takes the blow and aims concentrates, attempting to blast a psychic at Jade. However, try as it might, Roman just cannot manipulate the psychic energy into an attack, looks like its temporarily forgotten how to use psychic! Luna gives a sly grin and blasts dark energy which slams into Roman again. These repeated attacks, coupled with Sandstorm has left Roman on very low health. How much more abuse can it take?

Round 2 End

Luna

Health:45
Energy:36

Jade

Health:31
Energy: 33
Boosts +1 Atk, +1 SpA

VS

Roman

Health: 10
Energy:86

Confuse Ray, Psychic, Shadow Sneak imprisoned (5 more actions)

Typhon

Health: KO
Energy: N/A

Sandstorm is still in effect

Athen, send out your next and final pokemon

Then

Kaxtar will post his actions
Galladiator will then post actions
Acklow will then post actions next
Athen will post his actions last

Great Job ivysaur, lets keep up the good work.

Begin with a Hidden Power rock (power 7) on Ralts. Keep using those Hidden Powers on Ralts until it faints. Then use a Sleep Powder on Dragonair. Finish up with a Sludge Bomb on Dragonair.

Hidden Power Rock~Sleep Powder~Sludge Bomb (Substitute more Hidden Powers if Ralts hasn't fainted)

Quickly, Roman! Teleport to the top of the pyramid to heal, then hit Ivysaur with a Return! Finish with a Shadow Ball aimed at Duskull!

EDIT: Technically Roman's a Kirlia now, so how does that affect this battle?

EDIT2: Okay, thanks Acklow.

Acklow

Don't let Roman get away!!! Combine a Shadow Sneak and Pursuit to take out Roman!!

Finish this turn by Pain Splitting Nidhogg!!!

So:
1)Shadow Sneak - Pursuit Combo Roman
2)Pain Split Nidhogg

Athenodoros

Sorry guys. I saw Acklow had moved but thought there was still someone before me. Anyway:

Nidhogg, let off two Fire Blasts to KO Jade the Ivysaur before it can use Sleep Powder. Then, use your final action to dodge the Pain Split with Extremespeed.

Acklow

Oh, and Galladiator, Roman stays a Ralts for the duration of this Battle, regardless of whether or not he evolved by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)