Not open for further replies.
I think it's a good time to start another match

Beginner Battle:
1v1 Singles
2 chills
No recoveries
1 Day DQ (can be extended if needed)
CAP ASB Tournament Arena
Maxim, I'll take you. No items and all abilties.

Rebble [Origin] (M)
Modest Nature (Sp. Atk increased by *, Attack decreased by *)

Type:
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 90

EC:0/9
MC:0
DC:0/5

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.
Technician: (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).
Mold Breaker (DW): (Innate) Whenever this Pokemon attacks, it emits an invisible, blindingly quick pulse preceding the attack that disables the opponents natural abilities (e.g. Levitators plummet towards the ground before Earthquake hits, Volt Absorb will not absorb electric attacks, Clear Body does not prevent stat-drops, etc.)

Attacks:
Tackle
Defense Curl
Rollout
Rock Blast
Disable
Acupressure
Mud Shot
Power Gem

Paleo Wave
Metal Sound
Earth Power

Protect
Energy Ball
Flamethrower

Nestor the Slowpoke (M)

Nature:
Quiet (Adds * to Sp. Att., divides Speed by 1.15, -10 Evasion)

Type:
Water - Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Psychic - Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Abilities:
Oblivious - (Innate) This Pokemon is incapable of being effected by Attract or Cute Charm.
Own Tempo - (Innate) This Pokemon moves at its own pace and cannot be confused by any method.
Regenerator (DW) - (Innate) When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch batttle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and ten (10) HP is restored. When this Pokemon Chills, it restores six (6) HP in addition to its 12 Energy.

HP: 100
Atk: ***
Def: ***
SpA: *** (+)
SpD: **
Spe: 13 (-)

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
-Curse
-Yawn
-Tackle
-Growl
-Water Gun
-Confusion
-Disable
-Headbutt
-Future Sight
-Mud Sport
-Me First
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot

Go to it, guys!

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
Well, we know who you release, so....

Out you come, Nestor!

Nestor the Slowpoke, Quiet

Nestor, this should be an intereting battle, because you don't have a single STAB attack which is any good (!). Anyway, you should be able to just disrupt him enough to get it. Start off with a Yawn to try to put him to sleep, and keep using it until it works. Then, just use Grass Knot twice, to try to get some damage on him.

Maxim goes to the arena for the umpteenth time and....

Maxim: oh this monolouging isn't going to work.

Maxim sends out a new pokeball, and it contains a Rebble named Origin

Origin: Ok, type disadvantage, this doesn't look good

Maxim: no worries, he doesn't have any good STAB attacks :P

Origin:
Good, I predict that you'll order me to Protect to avoid Yawn, then Disable Yawn, then Energy Ball him, right?

Maxim: ...You're not even a psychic type.

Origin: Meh, who needs psychic powers when you have an IQ of 200 :P.

Summary:
Protect~Disable (Yawn)~Energy Ball

Reffing tomorrow, sorry. I was hoping leaving a "gone until monday" in my sig would be enough hint. :P

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Stepping in temporarily so this can actually move.

Origin (M)
90 HP
100 EN

Nestor (M)
100 HP
100 EN

Round 1

Origin begins the match by setting up a quick Protect in front of him. Nestor seems unaware of the barrier and attempts to Yawn through it, but it's a no-go! Afterward, Rebble snaps his claws and magically Disables Nestor's Yawn. Sadly, Nestor was ordered to use Yawn "until it works" so he keeps trying to use it... but it fails! Origin then absorbs some grassy particles found within the arena, forms an Energy Ball, and throws it right into Nestor for a super effective hit! Upon the splash of natural energy, Nestor could only sigh like the slowpoke he is - is he sighing that he can't use Yawn or is it the pain?

A1
Origin's Protect > [7 EN]
Nestor's Yawn > [7 EN]

A2
Origin's Disable > [6 EN]
Nestor can't do anything!

A3
Origin's EN ball > 8+(3)x1.5=16.5~[17 DMG/6 EN]
Nestor is crying!

Origin (M)
90 HP
81 EN

Nestor (M)
83 HP
93 EN
Disable (Yawn, 4 more actions)

Maxim's orders!

(and i may wait for venser to come)
edit: venser on vacation so I'm continuing

Maxim: Excellent work Origin.

Origin: Yeah, he couldn't do anything this round, but i expended a lot of energy.

Maxim: Don't worry about it, I want you to continue using Energy Balls, but if he tries to use disable, replace that action with Earth Power instead so that it gets disabled instead.

Origin: That sounds good.

Summary:
Energy Ball~Energy Ball~Energy Ball
If disable is used, use Earth Power instead to disable it

Athenodoros

Thanks Flora, you're a saint.

However, we have an opening here to try the same thing as he did. Start off with a Disable on the Energy Ball from last round, because you can use any of his last three attacks anyway. Then, while he flails around for the rest of the round, use Water Gun twice.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
That's weird. Origin's sprite disappeared. :( Also Venser can't ref so I guess I'll just take over.

Origin (M)
90 HP
81 EN

Nestor (M)
83 HP
93 EN
Disable (Yawn, 4 more actions)

Round 2

Thinking he's in a good position, Origin... doesn't quite use Energy Ball. Instead, he starts by blasting an Earth Power into Nestor with hard, solid earth energy! Nestor ignores the pain of the ground and just mentally Disables Nestor's Energy Ball. It's long gone now! Afterward, Origin fires off a double... double... I forgot what it was that uh does nothing while the slowpoke retaliates with a measly double Water Gun.

meow

A1
Origin's Earth Power > 9+(3)=[12 DMG/7 EN]
Nestor's Disable > [6 EN]

A2
Origin can't use Energy Ball!
Nestor's Water Gun > 4+3+(1.5)x1.5=[13 DMG/2 EN]

A3
Origin can't use Energy Ball!
Nestor's Water Gun > 4+3+(1.5)x1.5=[13 DMG/6 EN]

Origin (M)
64 HP
74 EN
Disable (Energy Ball, 4 more actions)

Nestor (M)
71 HP
79 EN
Disable (Yawn, 1 more action)

Athenodoros's orders!

Athenodoros

Measly? I have Surf now...

I think we'll just have to go for more of the same!

Future Sight => Water Gun => Water Gun

Disable can do any of the last three moves? Guess that's what i get for not reading the move descriptions :(.

Paleo Wave~Paleo Wave~Paleo Wave

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Origin (M)
64 HP
74 EN
Disable (Energy Ball, 4 more actions)

Nestor (M)
71 HP
79 EN
Disable (Yawn, 1 more action)

Round 3

Now finally thinking right, Origin goes ahead and spams Paleo Wave until Nestor feels like a stoner. Nestor lives all of the pathetic rocky blasts and calmly peeks into the future for a sighting of Nestor's doom while spraying a double Water Gun onto Origin for super effective damage!

moo

A1
Origin's Paleo Wave > 9+3+(3)=[15 DMG/6 EN]
Nestor's Future Sight > [6 EN]

A2
Origin's Paleo Wave > 9+3+(3)=[15 DMG/10 EN]
Nestor's Water Gun > 4+3+(1.5)x1.5=[13 DMG/2 EN]

A3
Origin's Paleo Wave > 9+3+(3)=[15 DMG/14 EN]
Nestor's Water Gun > 4+3+(1.5)x1.5=[13 DMG/6 EN]

Origin (M)
38 HP
44 EN
Disable (Energy Ball, 1 more action)
Future Sight (end of next round)

Nestor (M)
26 HP
65 EN

Maxim's orders!

Athenodoros

I don't think there is much we can do here without a movepool. I guess that the only thing we can hope for is some confusion.

Confusion => Confusion => Confusion

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Origin (M)
38 HP
44 EN
Disable (Energy Ball, 1 more action)
Future Sight (end of next round)

Nestor (M)
26 HP
65 EN

Round 4

Origin is a boring piece of rock so he just spams another Paleo Wave while Nestor repels back with a desperate Confusion that does not confuse. GAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

And then, after being stoned, Nestor feels a little high.

freaking addict

Origin smiles at Nestor's drugginess and fires the finishing Energy Ball. The attack splashes all over Nestor and causes him to faint, but he doesn't even feel the pain because he's a slowpoke. Maybe in a million years he'll feel it!

oh wait, the Future Sight is in effect! PEW PEW PEW! Origin is hurt, but still alive! What a big boy.

A1
Origin's Paleo Wave > 9+3+(3)=[15 DMG/14 EN]
Nestor's Confusion > 5+3+(1.5)= [10 DMG/2 EN]

A2
Origin's EN ball > 8+(3)x1.5=16.5~[17 DMG/6 EN]

Future Sight > 10+3+(1.5)=[15 DMG]

Origin (M)
13 HP
24 EN

Nestor (M)
KOed

lol i kinda want a strategem now, GG. but i also kinda want a slowpoke...

Prizes
Maxim (W)
> 2 Trainer Counters
- Origin > 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC | 1 KOC
Athenodoros (L) > 2 Trainer Counters
- Nestor > 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC
Flora > 2 Ref Tokens

Maxim: Wait, did i just actually win?

Origin: Seems that way.

Maxim: YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Origin: Oh brother

Maxim: Good Game Athenodoros!

Also, special thanks to Flora who took the time to ref this match. Thanks a bunch! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)