c$fp vs ziposaki

Status
Not open for further replies.
rules:
Time for more Battle Revolution battles!

1v1 Open Challenge
0 Recoveries/0 Chills
1 Day DQ (I want this to go fast)
Arena:

Field Type: Neutral
Complexity: Simple
Restrictions: Only fully unevolved Pokemon and no single-stage Pokemon, no leaving the 30 feet diameter circle

This arena is a public park. A circular arena (about 30 feet in diameter) is painted on the field, with some bushes over to the side, and a fountain. The main theme to this place is that only Pokemon that are fully unevolved are allowed (no single-stages), as this is the place where Little battles and the Little Cup take place. The fountain surprisingly is enough of a water source for all attacks involving water to be used. The ground is nice and fresh and can be dug through. All of the structures in the park were built to withstand earthquakes, so seismic activity may occur. The park rules state that no battles may go beyond the 30 feet wide circular arena. After all, this is a public park, for everyone who wishes to enjoy its beauty. We're lucky enough that we are allowed to cause earthquakes.
You are on.

Switch: What?
One Ability
Items Disabled
team c$fp:

Scyther [Claws] (Female)
Nature: Adamant (+ to Attack, - from Special Attack)
Type: Bug/Flying
Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Swarm
Type: Innate
When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any Bug-typed attack is increased by 2. (eg Silver Wind goes from 6 to 8, X-Scissor from 8 to 10)

Ability 2: Technician
Type: Innate
This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally have 6 or less Base Attack Power to have their Base Attack Power multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) Base Attack Power, and the Energy Cost for multi-hit attacks is increased by two (2).

Ability 3: Steadfast (DW)
Type:Innate
If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 105

EC: 3/6
MC:
DC:
2/5

Attacks:

Vacuum Wave
Quick Attack
Leer
Focus Energy
Double Team
Pursuit
False Swipe
Agility
Wing Attack
Fury Cutter
Night Slash
Feint

Counter
Reversal
Safeguard
Bug Bite

Aerial Ace
Brick Break
X-Scissor

team ziposaki:

Natu(*) X (F)

Nature: Mild (Adds * to Special Attack, Subtracts * from Defense)

Type: Psychic/Flying

Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:

Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Early Bird: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to waking up at early hours or operating in low-light conditions and subsequently suffers from sleep status for only half as much time as other Pokemon.
Magic Bounce (DW): (Innate) (Locked) This Pokemon has a Psychic sense that allows it to ward off non-damaging attacks as soon as they are launched, directing them back at the opponent.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 70

EC: 1/6
MC: 2
DC: 1/5

Attacks:

Peck(*)
Leer(*)
Night Shade(*)
Teleport(*)
Lucky Chant(*)
Miracle Eye(*)
Me First(*)
Confuse Ray(*)

Drill Peck(*)
Roost(*)
Quick Attack(*)

Psychic(*)
Shadow Ball(*)
Reflect(*)

so c$fp selects his ability, then ziposaki does so and gives orders, then c$fp gives orders.

A young woman steps into the arena, silent. Her pokemon Natu is synchronized with her steps. Her black hair flutters gently, and she is dressed in white. The anxious crowd murmurs as she steps into the trainer's corner. Finally, after a long pause, she speaks. "X, Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball, then Drill Peck. If Scyther uses Safeguard as before you Confuse Ray, switch the move to Drill Peck as well."

IN SUMMARY: Confuse Ray>Shadow Ball>Drill Peck
If Safeguard is used before Confuse Ray, switch Confuse Ray to Drill Peck

"Hmmm. Maybe I should get into this RP-like thing when giving actions like you and Temperantia and others. Well, Claws, we have a type disadvantage, but I'm sure we can work through this. Confusion will be very annoying, even at the cost of taking extra damage. I am confident in your offensive capability as long as little things like confusion don't get in our way. So, we have to start off with a Safeguard. But now, we can start our offensive rampage! Let's start with a Night Slash! As much as I love Technician STAB moves, Night Slash is a better choice right now. Then, that little bird wants to Drill Peck us? Counter it! That should leave us with an advantage, with no opportunity for us to be confused!"

Safeguard, Night Slash, Counter

scyther (claws) F
ability: technician
hp: 100
energy: 100%
boosts: none

natu (x) F
ability: synchronize
hp: 90
energy: 100%

the battle begins by claws setting up a safeguard to protect herself from status, while x attacks with a drill peck for some solid damage. claws then uses the power of the night to slash her opponent, doing excellent damage; x retaliates with a shadow ball. claws allows x to drill peck her before countering it for more damage.

scyther (claws) F
hp: 62
energy: 72%

natu (x) F
hp: 49
energy: 84%

safeguard: -10 energy
drill peck: 895 (no crit); ((8+3+(2-3)*1.5)*1.5) = 14 damage, -5 energy
86/90; 90/95

night slash: 874 (no crit); ((7+(5-1)*1.5)*1.5) = 20 damage, -5 energy
shadow ball: 581 (no drop); 127 (no crit); (8+(4-3)*1.5) = 10 damage, -6 energy
76/85; 70/89

drill peck: 339 (no crit); 14 damage, -5 energy
counter: (14*1.5) = 21 damage, (6+(21/3)) = -13 energy
62/72; 49/84
safeguard (3)

c$fp's up.

"I certainly enjoy this RP style of giving actions. It allows me to talk to my Pokemon, which helps me to form a sort of a bond with them. Anyway, Claws, you are doing a fantastic job! Let's keep up the pressure and do more damage! Night Slash again, then Bite that bird like the Bug you are! One more Night Slash should clean this up if everything goes accordingly. However, Reflect could mess this up. If X uses Reflect uses Reflect, you should Brick Break at the first opportunity to break the wall."

Night Slash, Bug Bite, Night Slash
IF Natu uses Reflect, THEN use Brick Break on the next action.

"I was just wondering, why didn't you use Psychic instead of Psychic instead of Shadow Ball?"

The girl is still as expressionless as ever, not showing any sign of worry. She doesn't respond to her opponent's question, instead just giving orders. "X, Reflect, then Drill Peck twice."

Reflect>Drill Peck>Drill Peck

"Why didn't you use Psychic instead of Psychic instead of Shadow Ball?" Not sure that's correct grammar, but honestly that was a slip-up on my part.

scyther (claws) F
hp: 62
energy: 72%

natu (x) F
hp: 49
energy: 84%

claws once again slashes x with her claws of the night, while x sets up a reflect to protect her from claws's assaults. claws has other ideas, however, and breaks the barrier as though it were bricks; x takes up the offensive again and drill pecks claws. claws also decides offense is a good idea and night slashes x again, leaving her on the verge of being knocked out, while x retaliates with another drill peck.

scyther (claws) F
hp: 34
energy: 56%

natu (x) F
hp: 3
energy: 63%

night slash: 455 (no crit); 20 damage, -5 energy
reflect: -7 energy
62/67; 29/77 (r:6)

brick break: 337 (no crit); ((8+(5-1)*1.5)*0.44) = 6 damage, -6 energy
drill peck: 603 (no crit); 14 damage, -5 energy
48/61; 23/72

night slash: 435 (no crit); 20 damage, -5 energy
drill peck: 512 (no crit); 14 damage, -9 energy
34/56; 3/63
safeguard (2)

ziposaki gogogo.

The girl is still expressionless, though it is rather clear this battle is lost. The crowd whispers about her lack of affection towards her pokemon, wondering how someone could ever be so cruel. She is already reaching into her bag and grasping the pokeball to return X after it faints. "Drill Peck thrice."

Drill Peck x3

"It seems this is just about over. Only one attack remains, let's just end this. Just Bug Bite it, and I can go and evolve you. If for some reason, X is still standing, use Quick Attack, and Night Slash if still necessary."

Bug Bite, Quick Attack, Night Slash

won't even bother calcing anything, gg people.

prizes:

• 2 ref tokens for me
  • 2 tc for c$fp and ziposaki
  • 1 ec, 2 mc and 1 dc for both claws and x
  • 1 koc for claws

The girl easily strides away, not bothering to speak to her opponent. She has already returned her Pokemon to its Pokeball, but beside her opponent is a little piece of paper that is faintly glowing, indicating that he should pick it up. The note reads:

Yadayadayada, good game, blahblahblah, sorry about Saki. Are we done here? Good.
~X

Honestly though, GG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)