Dogfish vs Metal Bagon

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 v 1 Singles
1 Day DQ
Restricted Moves: Bide (Banned) ; Non-Damaging moves which cause Sleep (Banned) ; Unlimited Chills/Recovers
One Ability
No Items
A hanging island hanging above a firey pit of lava, all that suspends the safe area is a single iron chain, locked into the centre of the arena. In the lava, skeletons have made instruments of rocks and bones, and play this song in the background, which acts as a Perish Song which causes the KOs in 15 actions. Motion causes the arena to shake, meaning that pokémon will spend 2 more energy on physical attacks, but they have a 1 BP increase. Being knocked into the arena will cause you not to die, but to take a large (ref decided) amount of damage, before being chucked back up to the arena with a burn.

In one corner, which appaears red due to the fiery lava below is Metal Bagon, who brings two Pokemon to the - very dangerous and unstable - table.
Torchic - KFC (F)
Nature: Quirky (Neatral Nature)

Type: Fire
Fire STAB: immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas..

Abilities:
Blaze: (Inmate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Speed Boost: (Inmate) Pokemon with this ability increase their speed as the battle progresses, boosting it one (1) stage at the end of each round at the cost of 2% of their energy. This overrides the normal drop in stats that ocurs at the end of each round (stats other than Speed are still affected).

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 45

EC: 2/9
MC: 0
DC: 2/5

Attacks:

Scratch (*)
Growl (*)
Focus Energy (*)
Ember (*)
Peck (*)
Sand-Attack (*)
Fire Spin (*)

Agility (*)
Flame Burst (*)
Rock Slide (*)

Double Team (*)
Return (*)
Flame Charge (*)
Subsitute

Counter

Noface Darkbone (M)
Nature: Adamant Attack increased by *; Special Attack reduced by *
Type: Steel/Ghost
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 0 (-)
Spe: 10

EC: 1/6
DC: 1/5

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.
Attacks:
Scratch
Tackle
Iron Defense
Lick
Leer
Odor Sleuth
Faint Attack
Shadow Sneak
Curse
Shadow Strike
Perish Song

Yawn
Meteor Mash
Foul Play

Dig
Subsitute
Will-o-Wisp

In the other corner, which due to partial darkness and various strange reflections could be considered blue, stands Dogfish44 with a team of 3.

Makuhita [Hugo] (M)
Nature: Adamant (+1 Atk, -1 SpA)
Type: Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:
Thick Fat (Innate): This Pokemon has a great deal of extra fat or muscle that increases its resistance to extreme heat or extreme cold, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire and Ice-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.)
Guts (Innate): This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
Sheer Force (DW) (Can be Enabled): This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Stats:

Makuhita
HP: 100
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 0 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 25

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Focus Energy
Sand-Attack
Arm Thrust
Vital Throw
Fake Out
Whirlwind
Knock Off
SmellingSalt
Belly Drum

Bullet Punch
Counter
Feint

Earthquake
Poison Jab
Rock Slide

Deino [Teresa] (F)
Nature: Hasty (+15% Speed, +7% Accuracy, -1 Def)
Type: Dark/Dragon: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus. Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

Abilities:
Hustle (Can Be Enabled): This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

Stats:

Deino
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 44 (+)

EC: 0/9
DC: N/A

Attacks:
Tackle
Dragon Rage
Focus Energy
Bite
Headbutt
Dragonbreath
Roar
Crunch

Earth Power
Head Smash
Fire Fang

Taunt
Substitute
Protect

Nosepass [Noro] (M)
Nature: Brave (+1 Atk, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Type: Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Abilities:
Sturdy (Innate): This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
Magnet Pull (Can Be Activated): This Pokemon has the ability to generate a magnetic field that can attract or repulse Steel-type Pokemon. When attracted by Magnet Pull, Steel-types cannot move out of the immediate proximity without great difficulty, and can be pulled along by the Magnet Pull Pokemon. When repulsed, the Steel type is thrust violently away and contact attacks have immense difficulty striking the Magnet Pull Pokemon. The effect of both commands lasts for the following three (3) actions. Steel types cannot switch out in a Switch=OK battle while a Pokemon with Magnet Pull is on the field without the use of Baton Pass, U-turn, or Volt Switch.
Sand Force (DW) (Innate): This Pokemon thrives in Sandstorm conditions, using the power of the swirling sand to augment its Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks. Each of this Pokemon's Rock, Ground, and Steel-typed attacks will have the Base Attack Power increased by two (2). Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.

Stats:

Nosepass
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 2
Spe: 26 (-)

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Harden
Rock Throw
Block
Thunder Wave

Stealth Rock
Explosion
Head Smash

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Thunderbolt

Metal Bagon your Pokemon of choice.
Dogfish, your own Pokemon and actions.
Bagon, your actions.

Darkbone the Noface I coose you! (Ability: ummmmm I'm not sure. It's either levitate or levitate. I'll go with Levitate!)

Sub 15 HP - Meteor Mash - Metoer Mash
SUB: if taunt is used as Deino's first action. Then replace my first two actions with Metoer Mash and Faint Attack combo.

Metal Bagon said:
Inteaded effect of combo: Metoer Mash Deals damage while Faint Attack assures a hit. Should do exactly 15 damage without the crit.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
I'm making the assumtion that 1 v 1's are treated as Switch = KO here.

So then, let's be evil ^-^

Hustle is NOT ACTIVATED. J/S

Substitute (20 HP) ~ Roar ~ Taunt

This should leave us in a nice desirable position for the next round.

As the skeletons below begin playing a most pleasant tune, the two battlers send out their chosen Pokemon for the battle. Dogfish goes with a fierce female Deino known as Teresa, while Metal Bagon sends out Darkbone the Nohface.
The action kicks off... uneventfully. Both pokemon, perhaps feeling the need for companionship in this foreboding place (though Darkbone seems somwhat at home), decide to siphon off some of their own life force to create a cuddly substitute each.
Nohface, evidently displeased with his opponent's similar tactics angrily Meteor Mashes at the Deino Doll but to no avail; the shaking arena sends his attack off course. Regardless, the protective Teresa unleashes a mighty threatening Roar. The roar is so loud and terrifying that, though Nohface has no choice but to stay, his newly made companion simply gets up and walks off. The orchestra also seems annoyed that the roar has interrupted their music, and the drummer mutters something about not being able to keep time with that racket.
Deino sees the pain this has caused and feels quite satisfied, but not complete, adding insult to... well, the point is she Taunts Nohface. In a rage, Darkbone once again does the Monster Meteor Mash, damaging Deino's doll into delightfully detrimental disrepair.
The skeletal orchestra seemlessly segues into a different piece of music.

Darkbone the Nohface
85 HP
70 EN
Taunted (5 actions)

Teresa the Deino
70 HP
66 EN
Substitute (3 HP)

Both Pokemon will faint in 12 Actions due to the Skeletons.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
Nohface have too much HP.

Regardless, this shouldn't prove difficult to play now.

Fire Fang! Earth Power! Fire Fang!

Haha I have the ability Levitate, free action for me!

Shadow Sneak - Meteor Mash & Faint Attack combo - Combo cooldown.

Also last round I think you forgot to add STAB to my Metoer Mash, therefore it should do 15 damage, not 12 and break the sub. Heres my calcs:

10 (BAP) + 3 (STAB) + (2 (stat diffence) x1.5) + 0 (crit fails) x 1.00 (effectiveness) = 15.

Anyway because of the I'll have a sub: If Deino's sub is in fact broken than replace shadow sneak with shadow strike.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
I do beleive Metal Bagon is correct, but 10 + 3 + 3 is 16 xD

Regardless, my actions won't change.

Meteor Mash has 10 base power +1 because of the stage's effect. 11+3+3=17. The Sub had 20 HP, now has 3. You actually did 2 more damage than you thought you should. :P

Nohface gets in a speedy Shadow Sneak to finish of Deino's sub. Meanwhile Teresa, done with non-attacking moves decides to go all-out, beginning with a vicious Fire Fang and following shortly after with death from below - Earth Power! The skeletons do not seem appreciative of this, but Darkbone seems determined and crafts a punishing combination of Faint Attack and Meteor Mash. As he cools down, Deino continues her relentless assault with another Fire Fang.
The action hotting up, the skeletons begin playing something a little more fitting.

Fun fact: The second Fire Fang flinched you.

Darkbone the Nohface
50 HP
54 EN
Taunted (2 actions)

Teresa the Deino
46 HP
45 EN

Mass genocide will occur in 9 Actions due to the Skeletons.

edit: not so infallible me remembered to account for the stages effect on physical attacks but only on darkbones moves. Edited to reflect extra damage dealt and energy lost by Deino.

Now if we're all done doubting my compelte and utter flawlessness, I'm done updating; you may now post actions.

But actually I like that you check for errors, it's important to make sure the refs are on the ball.

Could you please post your calcs for the round at the end each post it would be a real help thanks.

Anyway Darkbone start off with 20 HP sub to take the fire fang, earth power shouldn't do too much damage to you unless it crits. Because fire fang is just sooo unoriganal use yawn to make that deino go to sleep, finish off with a meteor mash use deino's harsh words against him!

Deino continues his assault without hesitation, getting in another Earth Power and Fire Fang. Nohface basically just sits there and takes it, glaring angrily. His trainer has ordered him to use non-attacking moves, but in his taunted rage the poor ghost finds himself unable and does nothing instead. It is not until Teresa Taunts him once again ("lol can't even fight back") that Darkbone actually does something, Meteor Mashing the infuriating dragon.
The skeletons, sensing the end draw near, change their tune once again.
Darkbone the Nohface
27 HP
47 EN
Taunted (5 actions)

Teresa the Deino
29 HP
22 EN

An unhappy ending for all in 6 actions.

Meteor mash does 17 damage.
Fire Fang does 12, Earth Power 11.25

Sorry to be so padantic but earth power should have hit me directly and fire should have hit my sub. As such my HP should be 29 and I should still have 8 HP on my sub.

EDIT: Dang that anyway no-one said anything about dig being banned. Evasive Dig + Shdow Sneak combo - stay underground while cooling down from combo - come up at the very end of the round and use Meteor Mash.

Intended effect of the combo: Shadow Sneak simply gives prioity to evasive dig.

If my combo in invalid please allow me to change my actions.

EDIT2: Completly scrap my previous actions to avoid confusion.

First up use evasive dig (no combo) - next stay underground, as I'm not in a combo I have every right to make that command - and finally dig out of the ground to do damage to Deino.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
...You were still under the effects of taunt at the time you tried to make a substitute, which caused the move to fail.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
I'm gonna request that the combo be clarified on legality. I believe the jist of it is "Combine an evasive Dig and a Shadowstrike to get underground immediately with no damage dealt to target" followwed by "Stay underground whilst recovering from the combo move" and finishing up with "Meteor Mash, emerging from the ground"

I'm questioning the legality of that one tbh.

Metal Bagon the combo is kind of plausible in itself but the way you're using it I think illegal. Staying underground is an action that costs energy, but you can't perform ANY actions during the cooldown period. Secondly, do you mean to come up during the same action as you use Meteor Mash? This is also illegal.

You are not allowed to stay underground. It won't work because you can not use actions of any sort during the cooldown period.
The super fast digging is dubious at best to begin with. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)