The Shopping Center Showdown: EndQuote vs. Albinoloon! (2 vs 2 Singles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, look at that! This battle actually takes place somewhere that exists in the Pokemon world! This is the first time that's happened to me! Oh, where are we, you ask? In the Castelia City Marketplace! All kinds of goods are sold here: Casteliacones, berries, toys, and Ancient Song move tutors! (No, wait, that's the other side of town.) And what could be better than a heated battle here in the midmorning sun? Free RC, that's what! But you can't buy that here...

Approaching from opposite sides of the clearing in the crowd are [/QUOTE] and *pretend there's an albino Drifloon here*. They look ready to battle, so I should probably move away from the center of the arena if I want to keep reffing...That's better. From this new angle, I can see that some of the berry vendors are holding berries and looking menacingly excitedly at the participants. I'm getting the feeling that berries are going to be flung today.

Before we let these two have at it, here's a rundown of all the important things regarding this arena:
This joyous and active arena is ripe with people, and berries! Trade passes naturally along the streets connecting this commercial cacophony. Berries, food, clothes, toys, all products exchange hands here in the market. The floor is asphalt, almost impossible to dig in and hard on the skin. The market is bustling right now, the midmorning light awakening both sellers and shoppers alike! They've been kind enough to clear a decently large circle for your battle, with a 30 foot diameter. Spectators are lined up along the sides to watch, and maybe even provide some support with berries or other goods!

Summary: Asphalt floor is almost impossible to dig into, and if a Pokemon makes any contact on the floor that would involve scraping it's skin across it takes an extra 2 HP loss. There's a 20% chance each round that a spectator will throw a berry at one participant, which they can use to their advantage. The berries are (Cheri, Chesto, Pecha, Rawst, Aspear, Leppa, or Oran, choice of which is random) No water nearby, and the time is midmorning.

Next, the rules, presented in an easy-to-read format!
3v3 Singles!
NFE pokes ONLY!
2 day DQ
1 recovery, 5 chills
One ability
No items
Switch=OK

And, last but certainly not least, the Pokemon each trainer has brought with them!

Gulpin(*) Smudge (M)

Nature: Quiet: Adds * to Special Attack; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.

Type:

Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 35 (-)

EC: 2/6
MC: 0
DC: 2/5

Abilities:

Liquid Ooze: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is covered in a slimy poison that when drained by Leech Seed or another draining move, damages the opposing Pokemon for the amount that would have been healed.
Sticky Hold: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is covered in a sticky substance that prevents item theft or swapping.
Gluttony (DW): (Innate, Locked) This Pokemon devours healing and stat increasing berries at 50% health (flat) instead of 25% health (flat).

Attacks:

Pound (*)
Yawn (*)
Poison Gas (*)
Sludge (*)
Amnesia (*)
Encore (*)
Toxic
Gastro Acid

Destiny Bond (*)
Mud-Slap (*)
Pain Split (*)

Ice Beam (*)
Shadow Ball (*)
Double Team (*)
Protect

Squirtle (*) Koops (M)
Nature: Relaxed: Adds * to Defense, Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) to opponent's attacks directed at this Pokemon.

Type:

Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Stats:

HP: 90
Def: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 37 (-)

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Abilities:

Torrent: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)
Rain Dish (DW): (Innate, Locked) This Pokemon collects water in the rain and absorbs it into its body, healing two (2) HP/action.

Attacks:

Tackle
Tail Whip
Bubble
Withdraw
Water Gun
Bite
Rapid Spin
Protect
Water Pulse

Mirror Coat
Yawn
Mud Sport

Scald
Toxic
Double Team

Aron: Galahad (M)
Nature: Brave: Adds (*) to attack, divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) to opponent's attacks directed at this Pokemon.

Type:

Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.
Rock: Rock STAB; Reduce damage from all special attacks by two (2) Base Attack Power during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 4
Spe: 26 (-)

EC: 1/9
DC: 1/5

Abilities:

Sturdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
Rock Head: (Innate) This Pokemon’s hard body prevents it from taking recoil damage from moves such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, and Head Smash.
Heavy Metal (DW): (Innate) The Pokemon's body structure is immensely dense, doubling its weight. Additionally the Base Attack Power of full contact attacks [Avalanche, Brave Bird, Body Slam, Bounce, Double-Edge, Dragon Rush, Extremespeed, Flare Blitz, Giga Impact, Headbutt, Head Charge, Head Smash, Heat Crash, Heavy Slam, Hi Jump Kick, Ice Ball, Iron Head, Jump Kick, Outrage, Petal Dance, Quick Attack, Revenge, Rollout, Slam, Spark, Steamroller, Submission, Superpower, Tackle, Take Down, Thrash, V-create, Volt Tackle, Waterfall, Wood Hammer, and Zen Headbutt is increased by two (2).] Seismic Toss, Vital Throw, and Circle Throw will fail against this Pokemon unless the user is a Fighting-type.

Attacks:

Tackle
Harden
Mud-Slap
Headbutt
Metal Claw
Iron Defense
Roar
Take Down
Protect
Heavy Slam
Metal Sound

Endeavor
Head Smash
Superpower

Hone Claws
Shadow Claw
Earthquake

Tepig (Ali[F])
Nature: Quiet (+1 Rank in SAtk; base speed/1.15; -15% evasion)
Personality:
Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Blaze: (Innate)When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Thick Fat(DW LOCKED): (Innate)This Pokemon has a great deal of extra fat or muscle that increases its resistance to extreme heat or extreme cold, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire and Ice-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.)

Stats:
Tepig
Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3(+)
Spe: 39(-;45/1.15 = 39.1304)

EC: 0/9

Moves:
Tackle
Tail Whip
Ember
Odor Sleuth
Defence Curl
Flame Charge
Smog
Rollout
Take Down

Body Slam
Yawn
Curse

Taunt
Gyro Ball
Substitute

Seel (Heroine[F])
Nature: Quiet(increased rank in SpA; base speed/1.15; -15% evasion)
Personality:
Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Abilities:
Thick Fat:(Innate)This Pokemon has a great deal of extra fat or muscle that increases its resistance to extreme heat or extreme cold, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire and Ice-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.)
Hydration:(Innate)This Pokemon absorbs water during the rain to heal any status effects afflicting this Pokemon.
Ice Body(DW LOCKED):(Innate)This Pokemon thrives in Icy conditions and can absorb energy from Hailstones to recover two (2) HP/action in Hail.

Stats:
HP:100
SAtk: Rank 3(+)
SDef: Rank 3
Speed: 39 (-; 45/1.15=39 )

EC: 2/6
DC: 1/5
MC: 2

Moves:
Headbutt
Growl
Water Sport
Icy Wind
Encore
Ice Shard
Rest
Aqua Ring

Fake Out
Perish Song
Stockpile

Hidden Power (Ghost 7)
Surf
Rain Dance

Natu (Coatlus[F])
Nature: Mild (Increased rank in SAtk; Decreased rank in Def)
Type: Psychic/Flying
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Early Bird: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to waking up at early hours or operating in low-light conditions and subsequently suffers from sleep status for only half as much time as other Pokemon.
Magic Bounce (DW LOCKED): (Innate) This Pokemon has a Psychic sense that allows it to ward off non-damaging attacks as soon as they are launched, directing them back at the opponent.

Stats:
Def: Rank 1(-)
SAtk: Rank 4(+)
SDef: Rank 2
Spd: 70

Moves:
Peck
Leer
Nightshade
Teleport
Lucky Chant
Miracle Eye
Me First
Confuse Ray

Drill Peck
Roost
Featherdance

Hidden Power Fighting 7
Shadow Ball
Substitute

Burmy (Trippy[F])
Nature: Brave (+1 Atk; Divides Base Speed by 1.15, -10 Evasion)
Type: Bug
Bug: Bug STAB; More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.

Abilities:
Shed Skin: (Innate)This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Overcoat (DW): This Pokemon has a sturdy exterior that rebuffs the elements, making it immune to damage inflicted by bad weather.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3(+)
Spe: 31 (36/1.15v) (-)

EC: 0/4

Attacks:
Protect
Tackle
Bug Bite
Hidden Power (Grass 7)

Snore
String Shot

Flow of the Match:
EndQuote sends out a Pokemon.
Albinoloon does the same and gives orders.
EndQuote gives orders.
I provide insightful commentary with plenty of unnecessary exclamation po!nts.
EndQuote gives orders.
Albinoloon gives orders.
! prov!de more !ns!ghtful commentary w!th even more unnecessary exclamat!on po!nts.
PROFIT

EndQuote, release the Kraken!...I mean, uh, your Pokemon.

I'll be starting off the match with Smudge, my Gulpin.
Ability: Well, both are kinda useless here, but I guess I'll use Sticky Hold.
Maybe I can Sticky Hold the ground to prevent skidding across the asphalt?

A mystical, oddly shaped owl is released from Albinoloon's pokeball. This Natu flitters about before seeming to drop out of the air mid-flight; not quite in synch(ronize). Her trainer knows Coatlus has a dissatvantage at the moment, so he will have to make the most of it.

15 HP Substitute ~ Confuse Ray ~ Shadow Ball

Okay, Smudge, let's avoid being confused at all costs.
Encore the Substitute, then set up a Double Team (Four clones), then Ice Beam.
Aim for Natu's wings, maybe it will tumble onto the asphalt?

Sorry, I completely forgot that you guys posted your actions. If you'll give me one more day, I can have it up tomorrow, but you can get a subref if you want.

I vote to give Dummy one more day, but his reffing had better have an unbelievable amount of unnecessary exclamat!on po!nts. :)

EDIT: Also, my Aron should know Metal Burst, not Metal Sound.
I was an idiot when I copied it over.
Proof.
Thanks!

Sorry, I completely forgot that you guys posted your actions. If you'll give me one more day, I can have it up tomorrow, but you can get a subref if you want.
naw its fine

I'm just a tad frustrated with the speed of my matches
if you have good quality and decent speed(at least 1 reffing per 24 hours) ill be the happiest little boy in the whole world

Round 1: I Love Acronyms! (And Pokemon)

Rules:
3v3 Singles!
NFE pokes ONLY!
2 day DQ
1 recovery, 5 chills
One ability
No items
Switch=OK

Gulpin(*) Smudge (M)
Nature: Quiet

Stats:
Energy: 100
Boosts: none
Other: none

Natu (Coatlus[F])
Nature: Mild

Stats:
Energy: 100

Round 1 Begin!

The spectators let out a great cheer as EndQuote and Alb!noloon release the!r Pokemon: Smudge the Gulp!n and Coatlus the Natu, respect!vely! The Pokemon land gently-!sh on the pavement, obv!ously eager to please the surround!ng crowd. Coatlus demonstrates her vast Aztec wealth (please don't k!ll me !f th!s was the wrong Mesoamer!can c!v!l!zat!on) by ordering a Subst!tute to take her place on the battlef!eld. She gives her replacement 15 one-pound bars of gold as further proof of her pr!v!leged stand!ng. Smudge gets a really derpy grin on h!s face and g!ves Coatlus an energetic Encore. The sheer derp!ness makes the whole crowd sm!le, and Smudge seems to be enjoy!ng the attent!on.

Not to be outdone and also th!nk!ng that Smudge !s a fan of her, Coatlus breaks out another 15 gold bars and calls for another Subst!tute. Unfortunately, the Castel!a Harbor Equal Employment Subst!tute Establ!shment (C.H.E.E.S.E.) are out of Subst!tutes at the moment, but they steal the 15 gold bars anyway. Smudge smugly doubles h!mself several t!mes, creat!ng a whole team of Gulp!n, four more than there were before! The crowd "ah"s some more, and Coatlus is now really t!cked off.

Hav!ng wa!ted the th!rty seconds s!nce the last call, Coatlus fully expects there to be another Subst!tute ava!lable by now. However, the C.H.E.E.S.E. just steal her 15 gold bars again, leav!ng her w!th only the or!g!nal Subst!tute. At th!s po!nt, Coatlus !s so mad that she beg!ns to doubt the s!ncer!ty of Smudge's Encore. Smudge, on the other hand, !s !n a great mood, and he blasts the Subst!tute w!th an !ce Beam. The attack does so much damage that the Subst!tute runs away! Coatlus, now forced to f!ght for herself, !s !n a horr!ble mood, but all f!ve Smudges look as pleased as can be. No one in the crowd throws a Berry out, but ! th!nk they m!ght next t!me. What an !ntense start to the battle!

End Round 1

Gulpin(*) Smudge (M)
Nature: Quiet

Stats:
Energy: 67
Boosts: Double Team (4)

Natu (Coatlus[F])
Nature: Mild

Stats:
HP: 75
Energy: 64
Other: Cannot be Encored (1 action)

Substitute {15} (Natu) [Success] Energy Cost: 12
Encore (Gulpin) [Success] Energy Cost: 10 –Natu was Encored! (2 actions)

Substitute {15} (Natu) [Already has one] Energy Cost: 12
Double Team {4} (Gulpin) [Success] Energy Cost: 16

Substitute {15} (Natu) [Still has one] Energy Cost: 12 –Natu is no longer Encored!
Ice Beam (Gulpin) [Success] Damage: 18.375 Energy Cost: 7 –The Substitute broke!

I hope I used enough unnecessary exclamation points for your liking. EndQuote, your actions, please!

Smudge, let's keep things moving!
Use Ice Beam, Yawn, then Ice Beam again.
Luckily, Synchronize doesn't pass on sleep.
IF Coatlus uses Substitute A2, replace Yawn with Encore.

Coatlus, stay strong, kay?

Roost ~ Me First ~ Shadow Ball

The Big Book said:
Yawn: The Pokemon yawns loudly, forcing the opponent to think of sleeping and making them drowsy. Once afflicted by Yawn, the target Pokemon will fall asleep at the end of the first action of the following round. Yawn is blocked if a Substitute is presently up, but will not be blocked by a Substitute used after it takes effect. This move will fail if the opponent cannot hear the user.
This strategy should work, as yawn is such a sound-based move it should destroy all clones and inflict status alike

Albino, do you want to shorten this match by a whole lot?
We could just make it a 1v1, your Natu against my Gulpin.

Nothing personal, 007, but at this rate a 3v3 singles match will take well over a month.
And that's with some generous rounding.

Sorry, I thought the DQ time on this was 3 days for some reason. I'm quite busy, though, so finding a subref would probably be a good idea.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
EndQuote OOO
Smudge (M)

100 HP / 67 EN
2 Atk / 2 Def / 3 Sp.Atk / 2 Sp.Def / 35 Speed
Ability: Sticky Hold
Ice Beam ~ Yawn ~ Ice Beam

VS

Albinoloon OOO
Coatlus (F)

75 HP / 64 EN
2 Atk / 1 Def / 4 Sp.Atk / 2 Sp.Def / 70 Speed
Ability: Synchronise
Roost ~ Me First ~ Shadow Ball​

Hello y'all! It's SubRefFish44 reporting in over Castelia City, where everyone is moving. In the main street, people are being diverted through side streets as a battle takes place, and from office buildings of black glass and stone people watch with a slight sense of curiosity. Acklow's Berry Pie shop is sponsering todays match, with a Blimp flying overhead and plenty of spectators holding onto Fresh Berries. The street hasn't been cleaned from the parade last night, and it seems to be a little bit bumpy. The stage is set for all those who have just tuned into this battle, so let the fighting commence!

Coatlus begins the match by landing on a Windowledge on one of the upper buildings and Roosting, restoring itself to full health (+15 HP / -11 EN). This gives her a nice white glow, augmented by a huge Ice Beam hurling in from Smudge, which freezes the bottom of Natu to the wall (12 Damage / -11 EN)

: 100/56
: 78/53​

Smudge seems to want to take a breater and use Yawn (7 EN), but it seems as is Coatlus got there one step earlier with a Me First (9 EN). Even through her rear end is plugged on a wall, her Yawn is very loud, blasting air through the clones, dissipating them, and causing the crowds to feel drowsy. Smudges yawn reaches above, and between them, Castelia City is falling asleep!

: 100/49
: 78/44​

Coatlus now feels the strain of a lacking mobility, so conjures up a Shadow Ball (11 Damage / -6 EN), and lobs it down like an aerial turret (11 Damage / -6 EN). Smudge decides to reply with another Ice Beam, but because of how the fozen ice is underneath Natu, the Ice simply builds up with no damage (-7 EN).

: 89/42
: 78/38​

EndQuote OOO
Smudge (M)

89 HP / 42 EN
2 Atk / 2 Def / 3 Sp.Atk / 2 Sp.Def / 35 Speed
Ability: Sticky Hold
GET DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT MISTER!

VS

Albinoloon OOO
Coatlus (F)

78 HP / 38 EN
2 Atk / 1 Def / 4 Sp.Atk / 2 Sp.Def / 70 Speed
Ability: Synchronise
Aerial turrets... FIRE!

What are we fighting for?

chill - Confuse Ray - Shadow Ball
if smudge uses double team unless on the first action, recreate it with a Me First

"Unfortunately, Smudge, our Ice Beams seem to have backfired.
Luckily, I have a plan.
Let's Encore that Chill, so he keeps uselessly regaining energy.
Then use Shadow Ball twice to strike through the ice."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)