Huntail [Analysis] (GP 2/2)

Huntail

[Overview]

<p>While one may look at Huntail's positive stats&mdash;104 base Attack, 105 base Defense, and 94 base Special Attack&mdash;one must also observe its meager 55 base HP, 52 base Speed, and average 75 base Special Defense. On top of this, Gorebyss overshadows it almost entirely as a sweeper with better Special Attack. However, Huntail does have one merit in its superior mixed offensive stats. Thanks to its 94 base Special Attack, it can utilize Ice Beam, which covers its Grass-type weakness and allows it to hit physical walls that would otherwise end a sweep.</p>

[SET]
name: Mixed Shell Smash
move 1: Shell Smash
move 2: Waterfall
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Crunch / Return
item: White Herb / Life Orb
ability: Water Veil
nature: Lonely / Naughty
evs: 252 Atk / 36 SpA / 222 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Once Huntail sets up a Shell Smash, it turns into a powerful sweeper. At +2, Huntail hits 674 attack, turning it into a formidable threat when coupled with STAB Waterfall. Crunch and Return are for coverage, both sporting decent advantages. Crunch can hit Pokemon such as Claydol, Cofagrigus, and Dusknoir for super effective damage, but Return is more powerful and has better coverage, hitting Pokemon such as Poliwrath neutrally. Ice Beam is meant to KO Tangrowth and Ferroseed, who would otherwise wall Huntail, harder than its other options, in addition to Tangela, whose sturdy defense allows it to survive Crunch or Return. Even though it's powerful and has decent coverage, Huntail still struggles with its poor Speed. At +2 Speed and a Naughty nature, Huntail is still outsped by many Choice Scarf revenge killers, such as Jolly Archeops, who almost always OHKOs it. It is also outsped by non-Choice Scarf positively natured base 130s or higher, such as Accelgor. This can be fixed, however, by giving Huntail a Naive nature, but this hurts its attacking capabilities.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The recommended item for this set depends on which nature Huntail has. If it has a Naughty nature, a White Herb is more useful to negate the defense drops, letting Huntail take attacks better. If you choose a Naive nature for Huntail, it is recommended to go with a Life Orb to mitigate loss of attack, but this is risky as Huntail will most likely take damage when on the turn it uses Shell Smash, and the recoil makes Huntail's survivability drop. Huntail holds two excellent abilities in Swift Swim and Water Veil. Water Veil prevents Huntail from being burned and therefore makes it harder to cripple, and Swift Swim remedies Huntail's poor speed. Huntail also appreciates the boosted damage Waterfall dishes out in the rain. Some good partners to help set up rain are Gorebyss, Electrode, (although it is mostly deemed suitable for NU) or Claydol.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Huntail has few other options outside of those listed. If it fears revenge killers, you can give it Sucker Punch over Crunch or Return, but it then is much more easily beat by walls. It also does little good against Honchrow, a powerful user of priority who also resists the attack. If you want to maximize Huntail's Speed, you can trade out Ice Beam for Bounce; however, even though it's super effective, Tangrowth easily walls it. It does, however, provide a chance to paralyze the foe, which is useful considering its speed issues. It also forces switches, which helps if you have hazards on the field. If paralyzing Pokemon is what you seek, you can trade Return or Crunch for Body Slam, but Body Slam is weaker than Return and lacks the super effective potential of Crunch.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>If Huntail lacks Water Veil, a burn can easily cripple Huntail. If Huntail isn't burned, it can also be crippled by paralysis, from moves such as Thunder Wave, which reduces Huntail's already poor speed to exceedingly low levels. Strong special attackers such as Accelgor can also beat Huntail with their powerful special attacks. Because of Huntail's poor Speed, it is easily revenge killed even at +2 by means of faster Pokemon or priority attacks. Huntail hates revenge killers and priority users, such as Honchrow and Archeops, especially if it lacks a White Herb. Finally, without Ice Beam, Huntail gets walled by the likes of bulky physical Pokemon such as Tangrowth and Ferroseed.</p>

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
One thing, remove Quality Control from the title and add the "Quality Control" tag instead. It's on the left when you edit the title.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, you battled me while testing special huntail out, and while he did 6-0 my freshly made ru team, :( I think the suprise factor is not enough to justify it getting a whole set as it is outclassed in every shape and form by gorebyss. you should just mention it in AC by stating that it is outclassed, and that while it may have some surprise factor you would be better of using gorebyss, and explain why(I.e. better special attack)

Oh and hp electric surf and ice beam don't have flawless coverage, (lanturn and sheddy resist of the top of my head) so I would change that to fantastic when you write this up

Also, remove the mention of empoleon as he is not RU.

EDIT:also in OO you mention running HP electric and surf on your special set, when they are already listed in the set, and he should never run scald on a set meant to sweep.

Ayte, I'd agree that Mixed Shell Smash is definitely his best set, and the main reason to run it over Gorebyss. However, I felt the like it would look a little something like this:
Name: Mixed Shell Smash
Move 1: Shell Smash
Move 2: Waterfall
Move 3: Frustration
Move 4: Hidden Power Fire / Ice Beam
Item: Life Orb / White Herb
Nature: Naughty
Evs: 164 Atk / 100 SAtk / 244 Spe

To the best of my knowledge, the only pokes in RU/NU that resist Water/Normal are Ferroseed and Storm Drain Cradily (well, Frillish, but I haven't seen one of those in ages). Based off that, a +2 LO-Boosted Hp Fire is guaranteed to OHKO Tangrowth and Specially Defensive Ferro, while Ice Beam allows you to OHKO non specially defensive Cradily's and still OHKO Tangrowth. LO is much more useful than White Herb imo, though it does have enough value in such a priority-filled metagame.

I really don't think the Special Attacker is valuable, it's just Offensive SS Gorebyss minus 20 SAtk base. But I guess the QC can rule on it. Band also seems somewhat sketchy, I may want to see some calcs or logs or something.

Also, a dedicated BP set should be mentioned somewhere

Edit: Forgot to mention, DW Huntail has been released, so there's no need for a Dream World section

Okay, the only mistake I see here is that you say Huntail has different attack stats, and strange special attack. 400+ Special attack without a boost? That's Chandelure levels. 660 attack without a boost? Isn't that impossible? Other than that, this is a good analysis of Huntail.

^ His listed stats are taken to mean "after the boost". Common sense.

I'd run only the Mixed and a Baton Pass set (no SmashPass, remember). Choice Band is... badly outclassed. Crawdaunt does it a lot better. Not to mention that sticking Sucker Punch on a CB set is asking to be used as setup bait. Definitely remove it and the Special Shell Smash (100% outclassed by Gorebyss and Omastar, not to mention Gorebyss has the exact same set.)

Seconding Life Orb. Put it over Focus Sash, I can't imagine it having much utility with so many hazards and Hail teams being thrown around.

lol thanks to all. I will test out the alternate mixed Smash set, and probably get rid of the Special Smash set, because I did realize it was outclassed. On the other hand though, EVs in Special Attack are often unnecessary I have learned, because the only thing I really need it for is Tangela/Tangrowth.

Why use Frustration over Return? You are more likely to hurt yourself in confusion with low friendship.

The Choice Band set is actually fairly decent, especially as a revenge killer. I'll post some logs.

Removed the Special set.

I don't think Bounce is a good idea for the CB set because it wastes precious turns of rain and it's easy to switch out of, especially since you're locked into it. Ice Fang is much weaker but seems a lot more viable overall.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Choice Band looks pretty bad. Huntail just doesn't have the movepool to pull it off; every move you have listed except Waterfall is a move you basically never want to use on a Choice set. His best and really only use is as a mixed Shell Smasher.

[SET]
move 3: Return / Crunch
move 4: Ice Beam
item: Life Orb
nature: Naive
evs: 252 Atk / 36 SpA / 220 Spe

Mention HP Fire and maybe Aqua Tail in AC. The Speed is to beat Jolly Scarf Medicham.

Special attack EVs are unneccessary as there are only a few specific Pokemon they are needed for, and they get OHKOed anyways.

As for CB set, I might put Body Slam over Bounce.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
deslash Body Slam and make Return the first choice for the last slot. Also both Water Veil and Swift Swim are completely viable, Water Veil is obviously better for the non-Rain Dance teams, but it's easy enough to provide rain support in RU

Also your spacing is off, so the set should look like:

[SET]
move 4: Return / Crunch
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

QC APPROVED 1/3

Ok after checking the speed tiers, Honko's set is the one to include:

[SET]
move 3: Return / Crunch
move 4: Ice Beam
item: Life Orb
nature: Naive
evs: 252 Atk / 36 SpA / 220 Spe

The difference between this and the one you have is that this outspeeds scarf rotom-c, scarf porygon-z, scarf moltres, scarf krook, scarf braviary, and accelgor. So yeah, lots of important and common pokes. Do this and consider this

QC APPROVED 2/3

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Bumping so this can finally get a GP Stamp(Also a Amateur GP Placeholder)

REMOVE ADD COMMENTS

Huntail

<p>(Remove Space)While one may look at Huntail's positive stats; 104 attack base Attack, 105 defense base Defense, and 94 special attack base Special Attack, one must also observe its meager 55 base HP, 52 speed base Speed, and average 75 special defense base Special Defense. On top of this, it's sister Gorebyss overshadows it almost entirely as a sweeper with better special attack Special Attack. It also makes a better Baton Passer. SmashPass was banned in RU. However, Huntail doe does have one merit in its superior mixed offensive stats. Expand on this a little, what else does it get with it's mixed offensnsive stats?</p>

[SET]
Name: Offensive Mixed ShellSmash If it's Mixed, of course it's Offensive
Move 3: Ice Beam
Move 4: Crunch/Return
Item: White Herb(Add space)/(Add space)Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
Nature: Lonely(Add Space)/(Add Space)Naughty
Evs: 252 Atk(Add Space)/(Add Space)36 SAtk(Add Space)/(Add Space)222 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p> (Remove Space)When Huntail gets a Shell Smash in though, all heck can break loose. Once Huntail sets up a Shell Smash, it turn's into a powerful sweeper. At +2, Huntail hits 674 attack, and when coupled with stab STAB Waterfall it can be is a formidable offensive threat. Ice Beam is meant to KO Ferroseed Do you mean Tangrowth? Ferroseed isn't OHKOd by Ice Beam, whotl who would otherwise walls Huntail, and Tangela, who's sturdy defense hard presses makes it survive Crunch or Return KO.(Add Space)Crunch and Return are for coverage, both sporting decent advantages. Crunch can hit things super-effectively Like What, detail, detail, but Return is more powerful and with better coverage Again, against what, detail, detail. The additional Special Attack EVs make this happen. While Even thought it's powerful and with has decent coverage, Huntail still struggles with poor speed Speed. Even at +2, with a Naughty nature, Huntail is Outsped outsped by many scarfed revenge killers, such as Jolly Crookadile Krookodile A Better example, from my understading, it can't OHKO with Earthquake, and you can OHKO it back with Waterfall. It is also Outsped by non-scarf positive natured base 130s. This can be supplemented fixed(add comma)however(add comma) by giving Huntail a Naive nature, but this hurts its Attack attacking capabilities. The recommended items for this set depend on which nature you use. If you have a Naughty Nature, a White Herb is more useful to clear the defenses drops, letting Huntail take revenge killer's attacks better. If you chose a Naive nature, you will want to go with a Life Orb to counter the Attack drop, but this is risky as you will most likely take damage when Huntail uses Shell Smash, and the recoil just hastens Huntail's decline. Moved to AC(Remove Space)</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>(Remove Space) The recommended items for this set depend on which nature you use. If you have (use) a Naughty Nature, a White Herb is more useful to clear the defenses drops, letting Huntail take revenge killer's attacks better. If you chose a Naive nature, you will want (it is recommended) to go with a Life Orb to counter the Attack drop, but this is risky as you will most likely take more damage when Huntail uses Shell Smash, and the recoil just hastens (makes Huntail's) decline (survivability drop). Because of Huntail's poor speed, even at +2 it is easily revenge killed. It also can fall victim to Priority. Moved to C&C Huntail holds two excellent abilities in Swift Swim and Water Veil. Water Veil prevents Huntail from being burned and therefore crippled is harder to cripple, and Swim remedies Huntail's poor speed. Huntail also appreciates the boosted damage Waterfall dishes out in the rain. Mention partners that can set up rain.</p>

[OTHER OPTIONS]
<p>(Remove Space) Huntail has few other options outside of those listed. If it you fears revenge killers, you can give it Sucker Punch over Crunch or Return, but it then is much more easily countered beat by walls. It also does little good against Krookadile, a common RU revenge killer, and Honchrow, because they both resist. But wait, wouldn't you just Waterfall/Ice Beam them, why would you Sucker Punch them? If you want to max out Huntail's Speed, you can trade out Ice Beam for Bounce, but then however, even though it's Super-Effective super-effective, Tangela easily walls it Ice Beam?. It does however provide a chance to paralyze the foe, which is useful considering it's speed issues. It also forces switches, which helps if you have hazards on the field. If Paralyzingly paralyzing pokemon is what you seek, you can trade Return or Crunch for Body Slam, but Body Slam is weaker than Return and lacks no Super-Effective super-effective advantage like Crunch. (Remove Space)</p>

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS]
(Add <p> tag)If Huntail lacks Water Veil, it is easily countered by the Burn status. a burn can cripple Huntail. Even if it isn't burned, Thunder Wave makes it unbearably sluggish cripples it. and it can be easily picked off by a Special Attacker. A strong special attacker like [Insert special attackers here] can also beat Huntail with their powerful special attacks. Huntail also hates Revenge Killers and Priority sweepers, especially when it lacks a White Herb. List who they are. Finally, without Ice Beam, Huntail gets walled by the likes of bulky physical Pokemon such as Tangela and Ferroseed. It isn't slashed next to anything, and you didn't list anything that can replace it, so i feel as if this statement is unnecessary. (Remove Space)</p>
Alot of spacing errors on this one. Also, if you can't spell a pokemon's name, you can just google it, don't try to spell it when you know you can't. Also, expand on the Overview and Checks and Counters a bit, all you did in the Overview was make me want to use Gorebyss more, expand on what set the two apart. And in the checks and counters, list pokemon that counter it, of course status check pokemon, but actual pokemon would be nice as well.

I'll get those errors fixed.

@TrollFreak, Gorebyss does more than Smashpass; I was aware of its banning. Also, yes I did mean Tangrowth lol.

Here's a few of my reasons on some of your comments, listed in purple.
Trollfreak said:
Huntail

<p>(Remove Space)While one may look at Huntail's positive stats; 104 attack base Attack, 105 defense base Defense, and 94 special attack base Special Attack, one must also observe its meager 55 base HP, 52 speed base Speed, and average 75 special defense base Special Defense. On top of this, it's sister Gorebyss overshadows it almost entirely as a sweeper with better special attack Special Attack. It also makes a better Baton Passer. SmashPass was banned in RU I am aware of this, but through my experience I have seen Gorebyss pass more than just Shell Smashes, including things like Aqua Ring (quite often actually) and Iron Defense. However, Huntail doe does have one merit in its superior mixed offensive stats. Expand on this a little, what else does it get with it's mixed offensnsive stats?</p>

[SET]
Name: Offensive Mixed ShellSmash If it's Mixed, of course it's Offensive It could be a mixed defensive wall, but I edited anyways.
Move 3: Ice Beam
Move 4: Crunch/Return
Item: White Herb(Add space)/(Add space)Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
Nature: Lonely(Add Space)/(Add Space)Naughty
Evs: 252 Atk(Add Space)/(Add Space)36 SAtk(Add Space)/(Add Space)222 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p> (Remove Space)When Huntail gets a Shell Smash in though, all heck can break loose. Once Huntail sets up a Shell Smash, it turn's into a powerful sweeper. At +2, Huntail hits 674 attack, and when coupled with stab STAB Waterfall it can be is a formidable offensive threat. Ice Beam is meant to KO Ferroseed Do you mean Tangrowth? Ferroseed isn't OHKOd by Ice Beam, whotl who would otherwise walls Huntail, and Tangela, who's sturdy defense hard presses makes it survive Crunch or Return KO.(Add Space)Crunch and Return are for coverage, both sporting decent advantages. Crunch can hit things super-effectively Like What, detail, detail, but Return is more powerful and with better coverage Again, against what, detail, detail. The additional Special Attack EVs make this happen. While Even thought it's powerful and with has decent coverage, Huntail still struggles with poor speed Speed. Even at +2, with a Naughty nature, Huntail is Outsped outsped by many scarfed revenge killers, such as Jolly Crookadile Krookodile A Better example, from my understading, it can't OHKO with Earthquake, and you can OHKO it back with Waterfall. It is also Outsped by non-scarf positive natured base 130s. This can be supplemented fixed(add comma)however(add comma) by giving Huntail a Naive nature, but this hurts its Attack attacking capabilities. The recommended items for this set depend on which nature you use. If you have a Naughty Nature, a White Herb is more useful to clear the defenses drops, letting Huntail take revenge killer's attacks better. If you chose a Naive nature, you will want to go with a Life Orb to counter the Attack drop, but this is risky as you will most likely take damage when Huntail uses Shell Smash, and the recoil just hastens Huntail's decline. Moved to AC(Remove Space)</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>(Remove Space) The recommended items for this set depend on which nature you use. If you have (use) a Naughty Nature, a White Herb is more useful to clear the defenses drops, letting Huntail take revenge killer's attacks better. If you chose a Naive nature, you will want (it is recommended) to go with a Life Orb to counter the Attack drop, but this is risky as you will most likely take more damage when Huntail uses Shell Smash, and the recoil just hastens (makes Huntail's) decline (survivability drop). Because of Huntail's poor speed, even at +2 it is easily revenge killed. It also can fall victim to Priority. Moved to C&C Huntail holds two excellent abilities in Swift Swim and Water Veil. Water Veil prevents Huntail from being burned and therefore crippled is harder to cripple, and Swim remedies Huntail's poor speed. Huntail also appreciates the boosted damage Waterfall dishes out in the rain. Mention partners that can set up rain.</p>

[OTHER OPTIONS]
<p>(Remove Space) Huntail has few other options outside of those listed. If it you fears revenge killers, you can give it Sucker Punch over Crunch or Return, but it then is much more easily countered beat by walls. It also does little good against Krookadile, a common RU revenge killer, and Honchrow, because they both resist. But wait, wouldn't you just Waterfall/Ice Beam them, why would you Sucker Punch them? Because they are faster or also have priority. I am implying if Huntail could be KOd by these Pokemon. If you want to max out Huntail's Speed, you can trade out Ice Beam for Bounce, but then however, even though it's Super-Effective super-effective, Tangela easily walls it Ice Beam? I said that to add Bounce, you would replace Ice Beam. It does however provide a chance to paralyze the foe, which is useful considering it's speed issues. It also forces switches, which helps if you have hazards on the field. If Paralyzingly paralyzing pokemon is what you seek, you can trade Return or Crunch for Body Slam, but Body Slam is weaker than Return and lacks no Super-Effective super-effective advantage like Crunch. (Remove Space)</p>

[CHECKS AND COUNTERS]
(Add <p> tag)If Huntail lacks Water Veil, it is easily countered by the Burn status. a burn can cripple Huntail. Even if it isn't burned, Thunder Wave makes it unbearably sluggish cripples it. and it can be easily picked off by a Special Attacker. A strong special attacker like [Insert special attackers here] can also beat Huntail with their powerful special attacks. Huntail also hates Revenge Killers and Priority sweepers, especially when it lacks a White Herb. List who they are. Finally, without Ice Beam, Huntail gets walled by the likes of bulky physical Pokemon such as Tangela and Ferroseed. It isn't slashed next to anything, and you didn't list anything that can replace it, so i feel as if this statement is unnecessary. I mentioned Bounce over Ice Beam. (Remove Space)</p>

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
amateur placeholder

add
remove
other (comments)

[Overview]

<p>While one may look at Huntail's positive stats;(semicolon)&mdash;(em-dash)104 base Attack, 105 base Defense, and 94 base Special Attack,(comma)&mdash;(em-dash)one must also observe its meager 55 base HP, 52 base Speed, and average 75 base Special Defense. On top of this, Gorebyss overshadows it almost entirely as a sweeper with better Special Attack. It also makes a better Baton Passer. However, Huntail does have one merit in its superior mixed offensive stats. Thanks to its 94 base Special Attack, it can utilize Ice Beam, which covers its Grass Type Grass-type weakness and allows it to hit the physical walls that would otherwise end a sweep.</p>

[SET]
name: Mixed ShellSmash
move 4: Crunch (space)/ (space)Return
ability: Water Veil
evs: 252 Atk / 36 SAtk SpA / 222 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
(space)
<p>Once Huntail sets up a Shell Smash, it turn's turns into a powerful sweeper. At +2, Huntail hits 674 attack, and when coupled with STAB Waterfall it is a formidable offensive threat turning it into a formidable threat when coupled with STAB Waterfall. Crunch and Return are for coverage, both sporting decent advantages. Crunch can hit things super-effectively,(comma) such as Claydol, Cofagrigus, and Dusknoir for super effective damage, but Return is more powerful and with has better coverage, hitting Pokemon like such as Poliwrath neutrally. Ice Beam is meant to KO Tangrowth, also hitting Ferroseed,(comma) who would otherwise wall Huntail, harder than its other options, who would otherwise wall Huntail, and in addition to Tangela, who's whose sturdy defense makes it allows it to survive Crunch or Return. Even though it's powerful and has decent coverage, Huntail still struggles with its poor Speed. Even at +2, with a Naughty nature At +2 Speed and a Naughty nature, Huntail is still outsped Outsped by many scarfed revenge killers, such as Jolly Archeops, who almost always OHKOs it. It is also outsped by non-scarf positive natured base 130s or higher, such as Accelgor. This can be fixed, however, by giving Huntail a Naive nature, but this hurts its attacking capabilities.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
(space)
<p>(space)The recommended items for this set depend on which nature you have. If you have a Naughty Nature nature, a White Herb is more useful to clear the defenses negate the defense drops, letting Huntail take attacks better. If you chose choose a Naive nature, it is recommended to go with a Life Orb to counter the Attack drop mitigate the loss of Attack, but this is risky as you will most likely take damage when Huntail uses Shell Smash, and the recoil makes Huntail's survivability drop. Huntail holds two excellent abilities in Swift Swim and Water Veil. Water Veil prevents Huntail from being burned and therefore is harder to cripple, and Swift Swim remedies Huntail's poor speed. Huntail also appreciates the boosted damage Waterfall dishes out in the rain. Some good partners to help set up Rain rain are Gorebyss, Electrode (although it is mostly deemed suitable for NU), (Although it is mostly deemed suitable for NU),(comma) or Claydol.</p>

[Other Options]
(space)
<p>Huntail has few other options outside of those listed. If it fears revenge killers, you can give it Sucker Punch over Crunch or Return, but it then is much more easily beat by walls. It also does little good against Krookadile, a common RU revenge killer that outspeeds Huntail, and Honchrow, a powerful user of priority, because they both resist the attack. If you want to max out maximize Huntail's Speed, you can trade out Ice Beam for Bounce;(semicolon),(comma) however, even though it's super-effective super effective, Tangela easily walls it. It does,(comma) however,(comma) provide a chance to paralyze the foe, which is useful considering it's its speed issues. It also forces switches, which helps if you have hazards on the field. If paralyzing Pokemon is what you seek, you can trade Return or Crunch for Body Slam, but Body Slam is weaker than Return and lacks no super-effective advantage like the super effective potential of Crunch.</p>

[Checks and Counters]
(space)
<p>If Huntail lacks Water Veil, a Burn burn can easily cripple Huntail. Even if it isn't burned, Thunder Wave cripples it. A strong special attacker like Accelgor Strong special attackers such as Accelgor can also beat Huntail with their powerful special attacks. Because of Huntail's poor speed, even at +2 it is easily revenge killed even at +2 by means of faster Pokemon or priority attacks. It also can fall victim to Priority.(comma) Huntail hates Revenge Killers and Priority sweepers revenge killers and priority users, such as Honchrow and Archeops, especially when if it lacks a White Herb. Finally, without Ice Beam, Huntail gets walled by the likes of bulky physical Pokemon such as Tangela and Ferroseed.(space)</p>

Alright, I think I'm done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)