Trolled (Peaked 27 BW OU)

Introduction
It might be a bit late to post this team, as we’ve all been playing BW2 for quite some time now, but this team was one of the most fun and best teams I’ve played with and created. There is no sound teambuilding process, because I really suck at making teams. Instead, the idea was to troll the ladder with para-flinch hax. This team features 4 paralysis inducers and two premier flinchers. I put in Salamence and Terrakion, two of the metagame’s hardest and most fearsome hitters, to take advantage of paralysis. And, well, it’s gotten me far. You may think I have a big head, especially when I'll tell you what I actually peaked at, but I'm rather proud. I unashamedly pronounce that this team peaked on the BW OU ladder at 27, under the alt. “all of the lights,” on Feb. 5, 2012.

Shameless self-post of ladder peak

At a Glance

A Closer Look

Togekiss | Leftovers
Trait | Serene Grace
252HP | 188 Def | 68 S.Def
Nature | Bold
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Roost
- Thunder Wave​

Togekiss is, without question, one of the best Pokemon ever. Its ridiculous bulk and great offensive and defensive typing, coupled with a massive base 125 s. atk stat make it broken. Very broken, indeed. Nothing, bar choice specs Thunder from Jolteon, OHKOs Togekiss. This thing is so bulky that it even takes on Terrakion like a champ. An unboosted Stone Edge does 69-81%, meaning Togekiss gets the Thunder Wave in and proceeds to Roost/Air Slash him to death. Venusaur, Scarfmence, and Scizor also get walled to death by Toge.

Thunder Wave, Air Slash, and Roost are all self-explanatory on Togekiss. Aura Sphere is there to get that last hit on Ferrothorn and to provide me with a better option to hit Tyranitar and other steel types.

The EVs are ripped straight from the DPPt analysis (not BW). Maximum HP EVs are required to maximize bulk, while 188 EVs in defense and the rest in s. defense give it solid all-around bulk. No speed EVs as Thunder Wave forestalls the need for speed, and no s. attack EVs as its base 125 hits hard enough. A bold nature lets it tank those Stone Edges and Bullet Punches pretty well.

Jirachi | Leftovers
Trait | Serene Grace
164HP | 168Atk | 176Spd
Nature | Jolly
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Substitute
- Fire Punch​

Feeling nostalgic for the iconic Sub/Iron Head/Body Slam/Fire Punch trollery that was Jirachi in DPPt OU, I decided to bring it back, to renew its trollery in the BW OU metagame, where this set saw hardly any usage. People switch in Ferrothorn and, god knows why, Scizor into this set only to get a surprise Fire Punch to their face. Other Jirachi that think can beat me switch in only to get Body Slammed and toyed with until their death. Furthermore, Body Slam gets me the paralysis on Hippowdon and Gliscor that Thunder Wave can’t. And while you’re there raging and screaming, Jirachi is just floating around with most definitely the cutest troll face you’ve ever seen. I just want to say to you: keep QQing; JIRACHI AND I FEED ON YOUR TEARS.

Once again, the EVs are ripped straight from Jirachi’s DPPt analysis. I’m not entirely sure what they do, but EVs in HP for general bulk, some in attack to net those crucial Fire Punch KOs against Steel types, and some speed EVs to outspeed common offensive or defensive threats.

Celebi | Leftovers
Trait | Natural Cure
232HP | 240S.Atk | 36Spd
Nature | Modest
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power (Fire)​

Celebi has been a staple on almost all of my teams since BW came out. More specifically, Celebi has been a staple on almost all of my teams ever since the rise of Rotom-w and the every-annoying volt-turn combo came about. Besides setting up crucial Stealth Rocks that every team needs and spreading paralysis, Celebi takes out Rotom and Scizor combos like a boss. It’s also my best answer to Politoed and other water types that like to spam Scald or Hydro Pump, as well a check to Terrakion and all Gliscor (minus SD Acrobat) with Giga Drain.

I wanted as much bulk as possible without sacrificing too much attacking power, so I decided to use its infamous Tinkerbell set. A few EVs are put in speed to outspeed who knows what, and the rest are dumped into HP and s. attack.

Rotom-W | Leftovers
Trait | Levitate
252HP | 252 S.Atk | 4S.Def
Nature | Modest
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power (Fire)/(Ice) [suggested by Asek]
- Thunder Wave/Will-o-Wisp [suggested by Asek]

Rotom completes my defensive/paralysis spreading core. Rotom handles Landorus who would otherwise give me lots of trouble, as well as offensive Starmie with Ice Beam that Celebi can’t handle. Volt Switch is useful in giving me free switches into most notably Salamence or Terrakion, who can create huge holes in the opponent’s team with super-mega powerful Outrages and Close Combats. I go for Thunder Wave instead of Will-o-Wisp here for obvious reasons. HP Fire catches Ferrothorn switch-ins and nabs me that handy OHKO against Scizor and Forretress. Hydro Pump is self-explanatory.

Like Celebi, EVs are maximized in HP and s. attack. For some reason I never used any speed EVs, as like Togekiss Thunder Wave negates the need for any speed at all, and so far it’s worked out pretty well.

Terrakion | Choice Band
Trait | Justified
4HP | 252Atk | 252Spd
Nature | Jolly
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake/Quick Attack​

Oh. My. God. Terrakion.

To be quite honest, I started using CB Terrakion on a whim. And boy was I glad I did. This guy is THE best stall-breaker/hit-and-runner in the game. Period. Close Combat kills just about anything that doesn’t resist it, and even gets a 2HKO on Skarmory. Meaning if I catch it on the switch in, it’s basically useless for the rest of the match. Gliscor without protect and offensive variants, as well as Jellicent and Tentacruel, are solidly 2HKOed by Stone Edge. The ONLY thing that manages to stop Terrakion is Slowbro, but Celebi and Rotom handle Slowbro quite nicely.

The decision between Earthquake and Quick Attack comes down to whether or not I see many Sub CM Jirachi, which is an absolute pain. The EVs are pretty self-explanatory.

Salamence | Choice Scarf
Trait | Moxie
252Atk | 252Spd | 4Def
Nature | Naive
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast​

Scarf-moxie-Mence is one of the most useful late-game sweepers/revenge killers I’ve ever used. When I conceptualized this team, I imagined 6 paralyzed Pokemon and an unstoppable Outrage from Salamence that only got stronger each time I used it. Besides late game sweeps, Salamence gets the kill on Tornadus, boosted Volcarona, Starmie, Gengar, Jolteon, and so on.

I use a slot on Dragon Claw for when I want a clean sweep without having to rely on getting past confusion, and I use Fire Blast to nab steels who want to switch in to resist Outrage/Earthquake. I really don’t use Earthquake much, but it is useful for Tyranitar and Jirachi.

EVs, like all my Pokemon, are self-explanatory. I hope I made you do a lot of self-explaining while reading this RMT.

Conclusion
Once again, this has been one of my most successful teams, and I’ve had oodles and oodles of fun playing with it. It really brings out the strength of Togekiss and CB Terrakion, as well as the utility and efficiency of Salamence. But most importantly it has allowed me to perfect my troll face. Seriously; you would cry at my troll face because of how perfect it is.

Anyways, this is my second RMT (check out my first one!). I hope I didn't bore you and I hope you enjoyed reading! Please rate/comment!

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi,

It's cool that you're using paraflinch; I used that strategy in UU, and it worked quite well. One problem I see here are Dragon types- they can come in on Rotom or choice-locked Terrakion and threaten your whole team. Mence can revenge, but you'll be forced to sack a pokemon- and they can just switch out. Jirachi can take maybe two hits, but smart prediction will overcome your steel star. Celebi seems like the weakest link in your team- its paralysis and tying can be fulfilled by Ferrothorn, who has better defenses, better typing, and better support movepool. Ferrothorn can paralyze, set Rocks, and hit hard with Grass STAB- which is a lot of what Celebi is doing for you. Sure, it can't hit steels, but that's not really a problem for you, because every member of your team can hit at least neutrally. Ferrothorn also helps you with your Dragon weakness- as its awesome bulk allows it to take a lot of hits for you.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Careful nature
~Power Whip
~Stealth Rock
~Thunder Wave
~Leech Seed / Spikes

Other than that, your team looks pretty solid. Sorry I can't leave a full rate, I haven't got much time. Good luck!

This looks like a really good team! Some people might think that ParaFlinch is a cheap strategy, but i actually like it as well!
Togekiss looks great, never tried out a defensive EV spread on it but if it resists a terrakion's stone edge then it sure is good.
as body slam only has 60% to paralyze, it might not always paralyze a pokemon, but as you already have 3 other T.wave users, i don't think it is a big problem (the idea of hitting ground types is good too).
I have tried out tinkerbell myself and it works quite good, but as Electrolyte suggested, a ferrothorn would probably work better to take out dragons. I would use gyro ball on ferro to hit the outrage locked dragons hard, but since celebi was your rain counter, i suppose power whip will make ferro a good celebi replacement.
Rotom looks solid, and as long as he is at full health, you can trick your opponent into thinking that he is choiced (either by volt switching or just attacking).
Both terrakion and salamence looks like great late-game sweepers, so i have no comments for them, as they are as good as always.

I do have some suggestions however, but i don't know if they will be of any help or not.
Jirachi might take many hits, but it doesn't have any reliable recovery move. Why not give it wish? That way, it will heal itself as well as the rest of the team (especially rotom, celebi, terrakion and salamence as they lack a recovery move).
I can also see breloom and poison heal gliscor giving you some problems.
Unless they switch into a paralyze, they will be immune to paralyze and will be able to either put to sleep or poison a member (or more in toxic's case) of your team. Having no cleric will turn this into a small problem.
Only jirachi resists poison, but it is afraid of earthquakes from gliscor.
A breloom counter i have tried out is Celebi:

Celebi @ leftovers
148 HP, 252 SpD, 108 Spe
Calm nature
-psychic
-giga drain/grass knot
-recover
-thunder wave

This worked really good in DPPT as a breloom counter.
Psychic is to hit breloom hard.
giga drain is for a reliable move that hits hard and receives STAB.
Grass knot was the move i used, but considering giga drains power boost, i suppose it will be a better move in this generation.
recover is to recover the damage you take from breloom while you are asleep, as focus punch only 3-4HKOs celebi.
Thunder wave hits switch ins and is a great move in general.

I don't think these suggestions will matter, since if you peaked #27 in the ladder, then that means this team can easily work around threats in the metagame.

One problem I see here are Dragon types- they can come in on Rotom or choice-locked Terrakion and threaten your whole team. Mence can revenge, but you'll be forced to sack a pokemon- and they can just switch out. Jirachi can take maybe two hits, but smart prediction will overcome your steel star. Celebi seems like the weakest link in your team- its paralysis and tying can be fulfilled by Ferrothorn, who has better defenses, better typing, and better support movepool. Ferrothorn can paralyze, set Rocks, and hit hard with Grass STAB- which is a lot of what Celebi is doing for you. Sure, it can't hit steels, but that's not really a problem for you, because every member of your team can hit at least neutrally. Ferrothorn also helps you with your Dragon weakness- as its awesome bulk allows it to take a lot of hits for you.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Careful nature
~Power Whip
~Stealth Rock
~Thunder Wave
~Leech Seed / Spikes

Other than that, your team looks pretty solid. Sorry I can't leave a full rate, I haven't got much time. Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely try it out when I've got the time. But now what I'm afraid of is taking Rotom Will-o-wisps, which Celebi handles better. I also fear sub toxic Gliscor, who gives my entire team massive problems. Gliscor can easily PP stall Power Whip, whereas Celebi can use Giga Drain to keep itself healthy while at the same time threatening Gliscor.
Jirachi might take many hits, but it doesn't have any reliable recovery move. Why not give it wish? That way, it will heal itself as well as the rest of the team (especially rotom, celebi, terrakion and salamence as they lack a recovery move).
I can also see breloom and poison heal gliscor giving you some problems.
Unless they switch into a paralyze, they will be immune to paralyze and will be able to either put to sleep or poison a member (or more in toxic's case) of your team. Having no cleric will turn this into a small problem.
Only jirachi resists poison, but it is afraid of earthquakes from gliscor.
A breloom counter i have tried out is Celebi:

Celebi @ leftovers
148 HP, 252 SpD, 108 Spe
Calm nature
-psychic
-giga drain/grass knot
-recover
-thunder wave
Wish is a good suggestion, but I don't know what move I'd sacrifice because each of its moves are vitally important for maximum trolling ability. Breloom and Poison Heal Gliscor have never really been able to bother me because I already use Celebi. Giga Drain helps heal me and can threaten Gliscor, while Breloom is usually KO'ed by HP Fire.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Hey,

Cool team chewyourfood, Togekiss + Jirachi in the same team is a very nasty, yet effective play style to abuse.

Looking at your Rotom-W set, I thought Thunder Wave was a slightly redundant move to have on it. I know your teams core focus is around spreading paralysis misery, but really having 4 ways to spread it is overkill. Considering also your team has a slight weakness to Physical set up sweepers, as although they will find it hard to set up stuff like Lucario can set up once Terrakion is locked into Stone Edge and from there he can go to town on your team. Thats why I think using Will-O-Wisp > Thunder Wave on Rotom-W would fit your team well, as unlike paralysis, will-o-wisp makes any physical attacker compltly weakened to the point where it can't impact the game anymore, something which paralysis can't always grant with even paralyzed attackers being able to hit hard if provided with a chance to switch in. Will-O-Wisp can ultimately lock threats to your team like SD Lucario and DD Gyarados out of the match permanently, and also helps your Rotom-W survive hits so it can be around for longer as well. I would also use HP [ICE] > HP [FIRE] as Forretress and Scizor will both be getting hit very hard by Rotom's powerful Hydro Pumps, and Ferrothorn will hate Will-O-Wisp intently.HP [ICE] instead offers perfect neutral coverage by hitting the dragons that wall your current set and can set up on it, such as Sub + DD Dragonite.

GL with the team

Thanks for the rate!

I really like the suggestion. I would definitely try it out if anyone were still playing BW1 OU! >.> What else HP Ice does is give me another answer to sub Toxic Gliscor, who if not for Celebi, could take down my whole team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)