Zekrom (Tailwind) QC (3/3) GP (2/2)

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Set will be up shortly.
QC Stamps: trickroom, Poppy, Shrang
GP: 1 Amateur check from Mystic Nova (approved by NixHex) and 1 check from NixHex, 1 check from Redew

Completely inferior to Gyarados
[SET]
name: Tailwind
move 1: Tailwind
move 2: Draco Meteor
move 3: Bolt Strike
move 4: Outrage / Volt Switch / Focus Blast
item: Life Orb
nature: Naughty
evs: 252 Atk / 80 SpA / 176 Spe

Why it deserves to be on site:
  • Zekrom suffers from chronic Speed problem, this set patches it up.
  • Gives Zekrom the best chance it has of sweeping an enemy team.
  • Practically unwallable, unless Ferrothorn, Grass Arceus, and Ground Arceus but you can manuver around weakened Ferrothorns with FOCUS BLAST. Grass Arceus and Ground Arceus are trouble but weakened ones get pummeled by Outrage too.
  • If faced with a problem you can just Volt Switch out to a partner and have them continue the sweep.
  • Has virtually no competition thanks to unique STAB combination allowing it to strike down Lugia.

Set Comments:
  • Tailwind pairs up Zekrom's middling and average speed meaning it can sweep!
  • Draco Meteor is extremely strong, and it allows Zekrom to hit Groudon and other physical walls for a lot of damage.
  • Bolt Strike kills Skarmory and serves as your main STAB move to spam. Its a one-turn Outrage without the locking effect.
  • Last move is a bit of a toss-up.
  • Volt Switch lets you switch to a team mate so that they can continue the sweep. Focus Blast = only move that hits Ferrothorn for major damage aside HP Fire, also eases ability to kill Wallceus. Outrage is strong physical STAB, be careful when using it though since it might keep you locked when Tailwind stops.
Additional Comments:
  • Entry HAZARDS = needed
  • Deoxys-S, Ferro, Forry, and Skarmory are nice. Deoxys-S gets them up fast and you don't lose momentum. The last three have good synergy (resist Dragon-type moves.)
  • Stuff that can get rid of Ferrothorn / Groudon / Grass Arceus / Ground Arceus is nice too, or at least weaken it so that it can fall into Focus Blast or Draco Meteor range. In particular stuff that appreciates a speed boost.
  • Latios and Latios have a ground-immunity and can PUMMEL GROUDON AND GROUND ARCEUS TO THE GROUND with Draco Meteor and Grass Knot. Can also incinerate Ferrothorn and Grass Arceus with HP Fire.
  • HO-OH. THAT PHOENIX INCINERATES FERROTHORN. Doesn't do so well with Groudon though :(.
  • Other dragons like Reshiram and Dialga also work but they don't do as well of a job as the Lati-twins since they don't have that Ground immunity. Reshiram is cool in particular though since it fries all of Zekrom's counters with SPECS FLARE. Oh and its annoyed by Kyogre and Zekrom pummels it with a Bolt Strike.
  • Basically all base 90-95s are great candidates as team mates since they appreciate the Speed boost. Reshiram, Ho-Oh, and Rayquaza are special since they can setup Tailwind too. Lati@s do the same.
  • Steel Arceus shares a ground weakness but it can setup on Ferrothorn, and it can switch into Dragons that Zekrom might not be able to kill since it already used Draco Meteor.
  • Dragon Claw can be used if you want an Outrage that doesn't lock.
  • HP Fire might work out if on a sun team. Just note that Dialga might annoy you now.
  • Roost can be used in the fourth slot to increase longevity, but really
  • Depending on what you use you get walled by different stuff. If no Focus Blast you get annoyed by Dialga and Excadrill (who basically screws you in sand since its faster). If no Outrage non-Steel Arceus will become a lot more threatening.
  • Be careful of Normal Arceus since it can use LO ExtremeSpeed + EQ to KO you before you can start your sweep.
  • A more Specially Offensive Spread-- 164 Atk / 168 SpA / 176 Spe lets you 2HKO Groudon with Draco Meteor while keeping your attack high.
  • A more Physically Offensive spread.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Zekrom's mediocre base 90 Speed makes it nearly impossible for the poor Dragon to sweep, so this set attempts to remedy this by utilizing Tailwind. Under the effects of Tailwind, Zekrom can outspeed a majority of the tier, even when running mixed offensive EVs. Draco Meteor, despite lacking full investment, packs a huge punch, allowing Zekrom to heavily dent any troublesome Groudon and support Arceus that might try to halt its sweep. Bolt Strike is extremely strong with maximum Attack investment, and can do heavy damage to Pokemon, such as OHKO 0 HP Arceus after Stealth Rock and Spikes damage. The last moveslot is based on the team's needs. Outrage gives Zekrom a strong STAB move to spam after it has used Draco Meteor, but beware, as it may leave Zekrom locked in after Tailwind has ended. Volt Switch allows Zekrom to keep momentum by scouting for any potential double switches and can give Tailwind's Speed boost to another teammate. Lastly, Focus Blast allows Zekrom to kill weakened Ferrothorn, as the move always 2HKOes after Stealth Rock damage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Zekrom is walled by different Pokemon depending on what it runs in the fourth moveslot. If Zekrom forgoes Focus Blast, Ferrothorn will be able to switch in with ease and can stomach any attack, as it resists all moves that Zekrom can hit it with. If Zekrom forgoes Outrage, then it risks being defeated by Latios, Latias, and specially defensive Groudon after it has used Draco Meteor. If Zekrom forgoes both Focus Blast and Outrage, then Excadrill will be able to switch in to it, avoiding the 2HKO from any move that Zekrom has, and proceed to OHKO Zekrom with Earthquake should it not switch out. Regardless of which move you choose to use, Ground Arceus and Grass Arceus will always be problematic. Partners that can help Zekrom defeat or weaken these foes are welcome, particularly those that also appreciate Tailwind's Speed boost. While practically every Dragon with a base 90 Speed stat falls in this category, Latios, Latias, Reshiram, Ho-Oh, and Rayquaza deserve special mentions; they can weaken enemy Ferrothorn, Ground Arceus, and Grass Arceus with their powerful moves while supporting Zekrom with a Tailwind of their own. Steel Arceus, though boasting high Speed, is also a great partner for Zekrom. Steel Arceus's typing allows it to resist powerful Dragon STAB moves aimed at Zekrom while allowing the titan to setup on Ferrothorn, as it resists all of the common moves that Ferrothorn can try to hit it with and can nab Calm Minds while it struggles to hurt Arceus.</p>

<p>Zekrom also appreciates Pokemon that can lay hazards, which are beneficial in easing a clean sweep. Partners, such as Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Skarmory, pair nicely with Zekrom, as they not only provide Stealth Rock and Spikes support, but can also absorb Outrages and Draco Meteors aimed at Zekrom while creating potential setup opportunities by attracting choice-boosted Fire-type moves. Deoxys-S and Deoxys-A also pair nicely with Zekrom, as they can easily lay Spikes down early in a match while also preventing any momentum loss thanks to their high Speed and good offensive capabilities.</p>

<p>Zekrom has a few other moves it can run in the fourth moveslot. Roost lengthens Zekrom's longevity and allows it to wall Ferrothorn, but Zekrom can now no longer maim Excadrill and Dialga. Hidden Power Fire can be used on a sun team to fry Ferrothorn and Forretress, but it hurts Zekrom's ability to prevent Dialga from coming in and taking momentum. Lastly, Dragon Claw can be used if you want a reliable Dragon STAB move that doesn't lock Zekrom in, but beware, as the power drop is noticeable.</p>

<p>The listed EV spread allows Zekrom to outspeed everything up to Choice Scarf Terrakion while under Tailwind, as well as maximize Zekrom's Attack stat, with the rest of the EVs being thrown into Special Attack to power up Draco Meteor. Naughty is the nature of choice, as it allows Zekrom to maximize its Attack while keeping its Defense intact. A Lonely nature makes Zekrom take more damage from priority, but can be used to preserve Zekrom's Special Defense. If this EV spread doesn't suit your needs then you can use a more specially offensive spread of 164 Atk / 168 SpA / 176 Spe. This allows Zekrom to 2HKO Groudon with Draco Meteor while having enough power in Bolt Strike to OHKO Mewtwo. Fully investing in Attack and Speed while entirely forgoing Draco Meteor for Outrage is also an option, but note that when you do this, you may have trouble when facing Groudon, as physically defensive variants avoid the 2HKO from Outrage and can OHKO back with Earthquake.</p>

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Practically unwallable, unless Ferrothorn but you can manuver around weakened ones with FOCUS BLAST.
Sounds a bit overhyped. Ground Arceus doesn't mind Draco Meteor too much and can use Recover to heal itself. While you're there, you could probably mention Grass Arceus as well. Excadrill takes pretty much everything and totals you with Earthquake if you don't run Focus Blast.

Besides what shrang mentioned, those Arceus formes are not OHKOed by any attack but they can KO you back. Example will be Extremekiller, it switches in as you Tailwind, next turn you Bolt Strike it, it retaliates with Earthquake and finishes you with ExtremeSpeed.

Both Focus Blast and Outrage 2HKOes Dialga so that does not matter much. Bolt Strike + Outrage will kill it too. Roost mention because Zekrom can Roost on Ferrothorn lol.

Reshiram is a cool partner because it loves Tailwind, OHKOes Groudon with Blue Flare, Ground Arceus and Grass Arceus are killed too. Ferrothorn is smashed regardless of weather.

QC APPROVED 1/3

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[qc]2/3[/qc] zekroms best shot i guess

if that doesn't 2hko groudon with draco meteor maybe find a spread that does and put it in AC

make sure you give trickrooms checks an AC mention: grass / ground arc / excadrill if no focus blast. also sdef groudon if no outrage

This set OHKOes Gliscor with Draco Meteor and deals huge damage to Groudon, 2HKO with Draco Meteor + Outrage. Forretress is 2HKOed easily by Bolt Strikes, Arceus Steel receives a similar fate. Grass Arceus is 2HKOed by Outrage and Ice Beam does not OHKO back.

Kyurem-B is the one who is walled to hell by Arceus Steel and Forretress. This set does not KO everything but is definitely more dangerous than Kyurem-B against the threats you mentioned besides Ground Arceus and Groudon.

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
"Far more dangerous than Kyurem-B"? Please.
This set gets walled badly by Groudon, Gliscor, Forretress, several Arceus formes (Steel, Ground and Grass in particular) and Ferrothorn can eat a Focus Blast (assuming it hits) and waste Tailwind turns with Protect. As you can see it struggles against the same targets Kyurem-B has problem with and MORE (i.e. Ground types).

This set might have its merits, but it doesn't even get close to outclassing Kyurem-B. Make sure to fix that in your analysis.
Groudon is 2HKOed by Draco Meteor + Outrage. Gliscor is OHKOed by Draco Meteor. Steel Arceus is 2HKOed by Focus Blast and Bolt Strike. Ferrothorn can protect to waste Tailwind turns but what's stopping you from switching in a Specs Reshiram / extremely threatening stuff on it if it DOES protect? It can also Roost infront of it if needed :P.

I'll admit it does have issues that K-black lacks, but it outclasses Kyurem-B in the sense the K-black doesn't get a speed boosting move (it lacks Tailwind). I didn't say it outclasses it in wall breaking X_X.

Poppy I'm looking up other spreads to 2HKO Groudon without having to resort to Outrage. I'll post a spread later in AC. I mentioned trickroom's and Shrang's comments-- Roost is in AC, Extremekiller, Grass Arceus, and Ground Arceus, and Excadrill have all been noted as counters if not weakened. Reshiram has been emphasized as a partner but I personally like Lati@s more since they can switch in on EQ :P.

Excadrill is not a counter. It gets 2hkoed by outrage. You will need about 168 Spatk evs to 2hko Groudon with Draco Meteor. That leaves you with 164 Atk evs. This means that you have more power than the mixed set on the physical side.

164+ Atk Life Orb Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mewtwo: 348-411 (98.3 - 116.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO...............Hm "Not Bad"

168 SpA Life Orb Zekrom Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Ferrothorn: 205-242 (58.23 - 68.75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I would just remove Volt Switch. The last slot should be Focus Blast / Outrage in any order.

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unlike most Zekrom sets, I'm actually fine with this one having Volt Switch! however there are a few things I want to mention.

-Get rid of the Black Kyurem mention, that thing doesn't even get Tailwind so I don't really see the need to mention it.

-While Volt Switch does have its uses, I'd make Outrage the first slash in because losing to Latias and Latios after a Draco Meteor is a real pain.

-While Tailwind doesn't really last long, its still a good idea to mention partners for it, especially since you may Volt Switch out of stuff if you are fine with having more problems with Latias. The slow base 90-95 mons you touched upon a bit are generally the best canidaties, so stuff like offensive Groudon, Kyogre, Dialga, the Kyurems, Rayquaza, ect. Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, and Reshiram deserve special mention for the fact that they too learn Tailwind!

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
-Get rid of the Black Kyurem mention, that thing doesn't even get Tailwind so I don't really see the need to mention it.
All right.

-While Volt Switch does have its uses, I'd make Outrage the first slash in because losing to Latias and Latios after a Draco Meteor is a real pain.
Outrage is now the first slash. I'll emphasize the differences between choosing moves in SC.

-While Tailwind doesn't really last long, its still a good idea to mention partners for it, especially since you may Volt Switch out of stuff if you are fine with having more problems with Latias. The slow base 90-95 mons you touched upon a bit are generally the best canidaties, so stuff like offensive Groudon, Kyogre, Dialga, the Kyurems, Rayquaza, ect. Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, and Reshiram deserve special mention for the fact that they too learn Tailwind!
I'll emphasize Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, and Reshiram while mentioning how slow base 90-95 mons benefit from Tailwind / appreciate it.

Excadrill is not a counter. It gets 2hkoed by outrage. You will need about 168 Spatk evs to 2hko Groudon with Draco Meteor. That leaves you with 164 Atk evs. This means that you have more power than the mixed set on the physical side.
Your spread has been added to AC (see Poppy's earlier request :P).

I'll start writing this bad boy up.

I know I'm not Quality Control, and that this already went through, but shouldn't Lonely deserve a Slash? Zekrom does have higher Physical Defense, but his typing grants him weaknesses to common Physical attacks, and Zekrom tends to enjoy switching in on Kyogre. I'll understand if there's a good reason for Naughty though.
Edit: Yea, that makes sense. Extremekiller is a huge threat. Lonely could still be useful for what I said.

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
I know I'm not Quality Control, and that this already went through, but shouldn't Lonely deserve a Slash? Zekrom does have higher Physical Defense, but he his typing grants him weaknesses to common Physical attacks, and Zekrom tends to enjoy switching in on Kyogre. I'll understand if there's a good reason for Naughty though.
Zekrom lives +2 ExtremeSpeed from Extremekiller with Naughty, not Lonely. That's why I chose Naughty > Lonely. If everyone agrees lonely is important or should it be that Lonely prevents some big KO from happening I will slash it on.

EDIT: that and what ankirahman said

I know I'm not Quality Control, and that this already went through, but shouldn't Lonely deserve a Slash? Zekrom does have higher Physical Defense, but his typing grants him weaknesses to common Physical attacks, and Zekrom tends to enjoy switching in on Kyogre. I'll understand if there's a good reason for Naughty though.
Edit: Yea, that makes sense. Extremekiller is a huge threat. Lonely could still be useful for what I said.
After tailwind, the only way to attack Zekrom first is with priority moves. All priority moves are physical attacks - Shadow Sneak, ExtremeSpeed.

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
Mini-bump as this is now ready for GP checks, also I decided to go ahead and give Lonely a mention (but I noted why Naughty is preferred). Does the current mention work for you Superhydregion1996?

<p>Zekrom is walled by different Pokemon, but their walling capabilities are dependent on what Zekrom runs in the fourth moveslot. If Zekrom forgoes Focus Blast, Ferrothorn and Excadrill will be able to switch into Zekrom with ease and stomach any attack as it resists all moves that Zekrom can hit it with
Excadrill cannot switch into Outrage; Outrage 2HKOs even bulky excadrill.

Yes, the current mention does indeed work. Naughty will almost always be better for most people, but my team lacks any real Kyogre checks, so I run Lonely on Zekrom for his ability to check Kyogre.
Now it's just a matter of GP checking in on your analysis

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Zekrom's poor base 90 Speed often makes it difficult ornearly impossible for the poor Dragon to sweep, so this set attempts to boost its Speremedy to make sweeping possible. Withhis by utilizing Tailwind. Under the effects of Tailwind, Zekrom can double its Speed, meaning that it can still outspeed a majority of the tier while investing in another stat. This allows Zekrom to become unique and run a mixed Tailwind set. Naughty is the nature of choice: it allows Zekrom to further increase its Attack stat while lowering its Special Defense. Lowering physical defense makes Zekrom take more damage from priority but if you want to perserve Zekrom's Special Defense, Lonely is a perfectly viable option.</p>

<p>Draco Meteor, while it
tspeed the majority of the tier, even when running mixed offensive EVs. Draco Meteor, despite lacksing full investment, packs a huge punch, allowing Zekrom to heavily dent any troublesome Groudon and support Arceus that might try to halt its sweep. Bolt Strike is extremely strong, with maximum attack investment, it does crazy things likeand can do things such as OHKO 0 HP Arceus after Stealth Rock and Spikes damage. The last moveslot is based on the team's needs. Outrage gives Zekrom a strong STAB move to spam after it has used Draco Meteor, but beware, as it may leave Zekrom locked in after Tailwind has ended. Volt Switch allows Zekrom to transfer momentum and the Speed boost Tailwind gives to another team mate while scouting for any potential double switcheskeep momentum by scouting for any potential double switches, and can give Tailwind's Speed boost to another teammate. Lastly, Focus Blast allows Zekrom to kill weakened Ferrothorn, as the move always 2HKOes after Stealth Rock damage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Zekrom is walled by different Pokemon, but their walling capabilities are dependenting on what Zekrom runs in the fourth moveslot. If Zekrom forgoes Focus Blast, Ferrothorn will be able to switch into Zekrom with ease and can stomach any attack as it resists all moves that Zekrom can hit it with. If Zekrom forgoes Outrage, then it risks being defeated by Latios, Latias, and Sspecially Ddefensive Groudon after it has used Draco Meteor. If Zekrom forgoes Focus Blast and Outrage, then Excadrill will be able to switch in to Zekrom, avoiding the 2HKO from any move that Zekrom has, and proceed to OHKO Zekrom with Earthquake should it not switch out. Regardless of whatich move you choose to use, Ground Arceus and Grass Arceus will always be problematic. Partners that can aidhelp Zekrom defeat, or at least weaken these foes are welcome, particularly those that also appreciate Zekrom's Tailwind boosting their speedTailwind's Speed boost. While practically every Dragon with a base 90 Speed stat falls in this category, Latios, Latias, Reshiram, Ho-Oh, and Rayquaza deserve a special mentions, as they can weaken enemy Ferrothorn, Ground Arceus, and Grass Arceus with their powerful moves while also supporting Zekrom with a Tailwind of their own. Steel Arceus, while it doesthough boasting high Speed, is also a great partner for Zekrom. Its typing allows it to resist powerful dDragon STAB moves aimed at Zekrom while also allowing the titan to set up on Ferrothorn, as it resists all of the common moves Ferrothorn can try to hit it with and can nab Calm Minds while it struggles to hurt Arceus.</p>

<p>Zekrom also appreciates Pokemon that can lay hazards so that it can more easily sweep the opposing team. Partners like Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Skarmory pair nicely with Zekrom. Zekrom can switch into choiced Fire-type moves aimed at the Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Skarmory, while they in return offer Spikes and, which are beneficial in easing a clean sweep. Partners such as Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Skarmory pair nicely with Zekrom, as they not only provide Stealth Rock and Spikes support, but cand absorb Outrages and Draco Meteors aimed at Zekrom, while creating potential setup opportunities by attracting choiced Fire-type moves. Deoxys-S and Deoxys-A also pairs nicely with Zekrom. They can easily lay Spikes updown early in a match while preventing any momentum loss, thanks to their high Speed and good offensive capabilities.</p>

<p>Zekrom has a few other moves it couldan run oin the fourth slot of this semoveslot. Roost lengthens Zekrom's longevity and makeallows Zekrom to wall Ferrothorn, but Zekrom can now no longer maim Excadrill and Dialga. Hidden Power Fire can be used on a sun team to fry Ferrothorn and Forretress, but it prevents hurts Zekrom's ability to prevent Dialga from coming in and taking momentum. Lastly, Dragon Claw can be used if you want a strong, reliable, d Dragon STAB move that doesn't lock Zekrom in, but beware as the power drop is noticeable.</p>

<p>The currentlisted EV spread allows Zekrom to outspeed everything up to Choice Scarf Terrakion while under Tailwind whileand maximizinges Zekrom's Attack stat, with the rest of the EVs being thrown into Special Attack to power up Draco Meteor. If this EV spread doesn't suit your needs then you can use a more SNaughty is the nature of choice, as it allows Zekrom to maximize its Attack while keeping its Defense intact. A Lonely nature makes Zekrom take more damage from priority, but can be used to perserve Zekrom's Special Defense. If this EV spread doesn't suit your needs then you can use a more specially Ooffensive spread consisting of 168 Special Attack EVs, 164 Attack EVs, and 176 Speed EVs allows Zekrom to 2HKO Groudon with Draco Meteor while having enough power in Bolt Strike to OHKO Mewtwo. Alternatively, fFully investing in Attack and Speed andwhile entirely forgoing Draco Meteor for Outrage is also an option, jusbut note that when you do this that, you may have trouble when facing Groudon, as physically defensive variants avoid getting 2HKOed bythe 2HKO from Outrage and can OHKO back with Earthquake.</p>

I moved the natures into the last paragraph with the EVs and merged the first two paragraphs, if that's all right. Not exactly the cleanest diff so be careful :P

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
I moved the natures into the last paragraph with the EVs and merged the first two paragraphs, if that's all right. Not exactly the cleanest diff so be careful :P
I'm fine with the changes :P.

I've implemented your amateur GP check, thank you MysticNova for it.

Also I fixed what that mistake on Excadrill Anikrahman, I just forgot to post that I did X_X. Sorry.

Placeholder for am GP check! DONE. (it's been a REALLY long time since I've GPed!)

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Zekrom's pooredestrian base 90 Speed makes it nearly impossible for the poor Dragon to sweep efficiently, so this set attempts to remedy this by utilizing Tailwind. Under the effects of Tailwind, Zekrom can outspeed a majority of the tier, even when running mixed offensive EVs. Draco Meteor, despite lacking full investment in Special Attack, packs a huge punch, allowing Zekrom to heavily dent any troublesome Groudon and support Arceus that might try to halt its sweep. Bolt Strike is extremely strong with maximum aAttack investment, and can do things such as OHKO 0 HP Arceus after Stealth Rock and Spikes damage. The last moveslot is based on the team's needs. Outrage gives Zekrom a strong STAB move to spam after it has used Draco Meteor, but beware, as it maywill leave Zekrom locked in after Tailwind has ended. Volt Switch allows Zekrom to keep momentum by scouting for any potential double switches, and can give Tailwind's Speed boost to another teammate. Lastly, Focus Blast allows Zekrom to kill weakened Ferrothorn, as the move always 2HKOes after Stealth Rock damage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Zekrom is walled by different Pokemon depending on what Zekrom runs in the fourth moveslot. If Zekrom forgoes Focus Blast, Ferrothorn will be able to switch into Zekrom with ease and can stomach any attack as it resists all other moves that Zekrom can hit it with. If Zekrom forgoesurrenders Outrage, then it risks being defeated by Latios, Latias, and specially defensive Groudon after it has used Draco Meteor. If Zekrom forgoesyou decide to cede both Focus Blast and Outrage, then Excadrill will be able to switch in to Zekrom,. Excadrill can avoiding the 2HKO from any move that Zekrom has, and can proceed to OHKO Zekrom with Earthquake should it not switch out. Regardless of which move you choose to use, Ground Arceus and Grass Arceus will always be problematic. PGood partners to Zekrom include those that can help Zekrom defeat or weaken these foes are welcome, particularly those that also appreciatquire Tailwind's Speed boost. While practically every Dragon in Ubers with a base 90 Speed stat falls in this category, Latios, Latias, Reshiram, Ho-Oh, and Rayquaza deserve special mentions, as they can weaken enemy Ferrothorn, Ground Arceus, and Grass Arceus with their powerful moves while supporting Zekrom with a Tailwind of their own. Steel Arceus, thoughDespite boasting high Speed, Steel Arceus is also a great partner for Zekrom. Its typing allows it to resist powerful Dragon STAB moves aimed at Zekrom while allowing the titanitself to setup on Ferrothorn, as it resists all of the common moves Ferrothorn can try to hit it with and can nab Calm Minds while itFerrothorn struggles to hurtcause any significant damage to Arceus.</p>

<p>Zekrom also appreciates Pokemon that can lay entry hazards , which are beneficial in easing a cleangood teammates to Zekrom. Entry hazards allow Zekrom to sweep much more effectively. Partners such as Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Skarmory pair nicely with Zekrom, as they not only provide Stealth Rock and Spikes support, but can also absorb Outrages and Draco Meteors aimtargeted at Zekrom, while creating potential setup opportunities by attracting choice-locked Fire-type moves. Deoxys-S and Deoxys-A also pair nicely with Zekrom. They can easily lay Spikes down early in a match while preventing any momentum loss, thanks to their high Speed and good offensive capabilities.</p>

<p>Zekrom also has a few other moves it can run in the fourth moveslot. Roost lengthens Zekrom's longevity and allows Zekrom to wall Ferrothorn, but without Focus Blast, Zekrom can now no longer maim Excadrill and Dialga. Hidden Power Fire can be used on a sun team to fry Ferrothorn and Forretress, but it hurts Zekrom's ability to prevent Dialga from comswitching-in and taksweeping momentum. Lastly, Dragon Claw can be used if you want a reliable Dragon STAB move that doesn't lock Zekrom in, but beware as the power drop is noticeableprevents Zekrom from OHKOing many Pokemon.</p>

<p>The listed EV spread allows Zekrom to outspeed everything up to Choice Scarf Terrakion while under Tailwind and maximizes Zekrom's Attack stat, with the rest of the EVs being thrown into Special Attack to power up Draco Meteor. Naughty is the nature of choice, as it allows Zekrom to maximize its Attack while keeping its Defense intact. A Lonely nature makes Zekrom take more damage from priority moves, but can be usedthis is a viable option to perserve Zekrom's Special Defense. If this EV spread doesn't suit your needs then you can use a more specially offensive spread consisting of 168 Special Attack EVs, 164 Attack EVs, and 176 Speed EVs. This allows Zekrom to 2HKO Groudon with Draco Meteor while having enough power in Bolt Strike to OHKO Mewtwo. Fully investing in Attack and Speed while entirely forgoing Draco Meteor for Outrage is also an option, but note that when you do this, you may have trouble when facing Groudon, as physically defensive variants avoid the 2HKO from Outrage and can OHKO Zekrom back with Earthquake.</p>

As mentioned above, it's been quite a while since my last check, so please let me know if the changes were okay!

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
mr.lol, I'm going to ask that you don't implement ShortsTheory's ammy check, for a number of reasons. ShortsTheory, listen up my man:

• You changed complete sentences and pretty much rewrote some as your own. The most glaring example was in the second paragraph of AC, in which you arbitrarily turned it around. It had the same meaning (and was clearer) first of all with no errors at all.
  • You made arbitrary word changes, such as poor -> pedestrian, forgoes -> surrender. This made it more confusing in both occasions, since nobody besides hipsters knows that "pedestrian" is while everyone knows what "poor" is. Also, "surrender" is just a longer version of "forgo."
  • You missed an actual typo in the third paragraph of AC: perserve -> preserve
In the future, don't completely change prose and add unnecessary length to sentences.
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Zekrom's poormediocre base 90 Speed makes it nearly impossible for the poor Dragon to sweep, so this set attempts to remedy this by utilizing Tailwind. Under the effects of Tailwind, Zekrom can outspeed a majority of the tier, even when running mixed offensive EVs. Draco Meteor, despite lacking full investment, packs a huge punch, allowing Zekrom to heavily dent any troublesome Groudon and support Arceus that might try to halt its sweep. Bolt Strike is extremely strong with maximum attack investment, and can do things such as OHKO 0 HP Arceus after Stealth Rock and Spikes damage. The last moveslot is based on the team's needs. Outrage gives Zekrom a strong STAB move to spam after it has used Draco Meteor, but beware, as it may leave Zekrom locked in after Tailwind has ended. Volt Switch allows Zekrom to keep momentum by scouting for any potential double switches, and can give Tailwind's Speed boost to another teammate. Lastly, Focus Blast allows Zekrom to kill weakened Ferrothorn, as the move always 2HKOes after Stealth Rock damage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Zekrom is walled by different Pokemon depending on what Zekrom runs in the fourth moveslot. If Zekrom forgoes Focus Blast, Ferrothorn will be able to switch into Zekrom with ease and can stomach any attack, as it resists all moves that Zekrom can hit it with. If Zekrom forgoes Outrage, then it risks being defeated by Latios, Latias, and specially defensive Groudon after it has used Draco Meteor. If Zekrom forgoes both Focus Blast and Outrage, then Excadrill will be able to switch in to Zekrom, avoiding the 2HKO from any move that Zekrom has, and proceed to OHKO Zekrom with Earthquake should it not switch out. Regardless of which move you choose to use, Ground Arceus and Grass Arceus will always be problematic. Partners that can help Zekrom defeat or weaken these foes are welcome, particularly those that also appreciate Tailwind's Speed boost. While practically every Dragon with a base 90 Speed stat falls in this category, Latios, Latias, Reshiram, Ho-Oh, and Rayquaza deserve special mentions, as t. They can weaken enemy Ferrothorn, Ground Arceus, and Grass Arceus with their powerful moves while supporting Zekrom with a Tailwind of their own. Steel Arceus, though boasting high Speed, is also a great partner for Zekrom. Its typing allows it to resist powerful Dragon STAB moves aimed at Zekrom while allowing the titan to setup on Ferrothorn, as it resists all of the common moves that Ferrothorn can try to hit it with and can nab Calm Minds while it struggles to hurt Arceus.</p>

<p>Zekrom also appreciates Pokemon that can lay hazards, which are beneficial in easing a clean sweep. Partners such as Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Skarmory pair nicely with Zekrom, as they not only provide Stealth Rock and Spikes support, but can also absorb Outrages and Draco Meteors aimed at Zekrom, while creating potential setup opportunities by attracting choiced Fire-type moves. Deoxys-S and Deoxys-A also pair nicely with Zekrom. They can easily lay Spikes down early in a match while preventing any momentum loss, thanks to their high Speed and good offensive capabilities.</p>

<p>Zekrom has a few other moves it can run in the fourth moveslot. Roost lengthens Zekrom's longevity and allows Zekrom to wall Ferrothorn, but Zekrom can now no longer maim Excadrill and Dialga. Hidden Power Fire can be used on a sun team to fry Ferrothorn and Forretress, but it hurts Zekrom's ability to prevent Dialga from coming in and taking momentum. Lastly, Dragon Claw can be used if you want a reliable Dragon STAB move that doesn't lock Zekrom in, but beware, as the power drop is noticeable.</p>

<p>The listed EV spread allows Zekrom to outspeed everything up to Choice Scarf Terrakion while under Tailwind and maximizes Zekrom's Attack stat, with the rest of the EVs being thrown into Special Attack to power up Draco Meteor. Naughty is the nature of choice, as it allows Zekrom to maximize its Attack while keeping its Defense intact. A Lonely nature makes Zekrom take more damage from priority, but can be used to prerserve Zekrom's Special Defense. If this EV spread doesn't suit your needs then you can use a more specially offensive spread consisting of 168 Specialof 164 Attack EVs,/ 164 Attack EVs, and8 SpA / 176 Speed EVs. This allows Zekrom to 2HKO Groudon with Draco Meteor while having enough power in Bolt Strike to OHKO Mewtwo. Fully investing in Attack and Speed while entirely forgoing Draco Meteor for Outrage is also an option, but note that when you do this, you may have trouble when facing Groudon, as physically defensive variants avoid the 2HKO from Outrage and can OHKO back with Earthquake.</p>

In case you already implemented the check, I'll save you the trouble of going through your edit history and just give you the c/p from my check:
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Zekrom's mediocre base 90 Speed makes it nearly impossible for the poor Dragon to sweep, so this set attempts to remedy this by utilizing Tailwind. Under the effects of Tailwind, Zekrom can outspeed a majority of the tier, even when running mixed offensive EVs. Draco Meteor, despite lacking full investment, packs a huge punch, allowing Zekrom to heavily dent any troublesome Groudon and support Arceus that might try to halt its sweep. Bolt Strike is extremely strong with maximum attack investment, and can do things such as OHKO 0 HP Arceus after Stealth Rock and Spikes damage. The last moveslot is based on the team's needs. Outrage gives Zekrom a strong STAB move to spam after it has used Draco Meteor, but beware, as it may leave Zekrom locked in after Tailwind has ended. Volt Switch allows Zekrom to keep momentum by scouting for any potential double switches, and can give Tailwind's Speed boost to another teammate. Lastly, Focus Blast allows Zekrom to kill weakened Ferrothorn, as the move always 2HKOes after Stealth Rock damage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Zekrom is walled by different Pokemon depending on what Zekrom runs in the fourth moveslot. If Zekrom forgoes Focus Blast, Ferrothorn will be able to switch in with ease and can stomach any attack, as it resists all moves that Zekrom can hit it with. If Zekrom forgoes Outrage, then it risks being defeated by Latios, Latias, and specially defensive Groudon after it has used Draco Meteor. If Zekrom forgoes both Focus Blast and Outrage, then Excadrill will be able to switch in to Zekrom, avoiding the 2HKO from any move that Zekrom has, and proceed to OHKO Zekrom with Earthquake should it not switch out. Regardless of which move you choose to use, Ground Arceus and Grass Arceus will always be problematic. Partners that can help Zekrom defeat or weaken these foes are welcome, particularly those that also appreciate Tailwind's Speed boost. While practically every Dragon with a base 90 Speed stat falls in this category, Latios, Latias, Reshiram, Ho-Oh, and Rayquaza deserve special mentions. They can weaken enemy Ferrothorn, Ground Arceus, and Grass Arceus with their powerful moves while supporting Zekrom with a Tailwind of their own. Steel Arceus, though boasting high Speed, is also a great partner for Zekrom. Its typing allows it to resist powerful Dragon STAB moves aimed at Zekrom while allowing the titan to setup on Ferrothorn, as it resists all of the common moves that Ferrothorn can try to hit it with and can nab Calm Minds while it struggles to hurt Arceus.</p>

<p>Zekrom also appreciates Pokemon that can lay hazards, which are beneficial in easing a clean sweep. Partners such as Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Skarmory pair nicely with Zekrom, as they not only provide Stealth Rock and Spikes support, but can also absorb Outrages and Draco Meteors aimed at Zekrom, while creating potential setup opportunities by attracting choiced Fire-type moves. Deoxys-S and Deoxys-A also pair nicely with Zekrom. They can easily lay Spikes down early in a match while preventing any momentum loss, thanks to their high Speed and good offensive capabilities.</p>

<p>Zekrom has a few other moves it can run in the fourth moveslot. Roost lengthens Zekrom's longevity and allows Zekrom to wall Ferrothorn, but Zekrom can now no longer maim Excadrill and Dialga. Hidden Power Fire can be used on a sun team to fry Ferrothorn and Forretress, but it hurts Zekrom's ability to prevent Dialga from coming in and taking momentum. Lastly, Dragon Claw can be used if you want a reliable Dragon STAB move that doesn't lock Zekrom in, but beware, as the power drop is noticeable.</p>

<p>The listed EV spread allows Zekrom to outspeed everything up to Choice Scarf Terrakion while under Tailwind and maximizes Zekrom's Attack stat, with the rest of the EVs being thrown into Special Attack to power up Draco Meteor. Naughty is the nature of choice, as it allows Zekrom to maximize its Attack while keeping its Defense intact. A Lonely nature makes Zekrom take more damage from priority, but can be used to preserve Zekrom's Special Defense. If this EV spread doesn't suit your needs then you can use a more specially offensive spread of 164 Atk / 168 SpA / 176 Spe. This allows Zekrom to 2HKO Groudon with Draco Meteor while having enough power in Bolt Strike to OHKO Mewtwo. Fully investing in Attack and Speed while entirely forgoing Draco Meteor for Outrage is also an option, but note that when you do this, you may have trouble when facing Groudon, as physically defensive variants avoid the 2HKO from Outrage and can OHKO back with Earthquake.</p>

Excellent write up mr.lol. And ST, I'm just doing this to help you. We love your enthusiasm. Combine that with improvement and you will definitely make a promising GPer. If you want some examples of what we're looking for, look at some of sirn's checks and melvni's checks.
[gp]1/2[/gp]

edit: consider this a stamp for MysticNova's check as well.

I guess I should follow this up with an apology: I'm really sorry Mr. lol, if you did implement my check because it definitely didn't have changes worthy for making it through for an on-site analysis. It would've been a horrible waste of time if you had to go through my check and debate to fit in changes that were never meant to be made at all.

I suppose that this goes without saying, but it's imperative that I do more checks in the near future to bring up my level of GPing to where it was a few months ago.

NixHex, I appreciate it that you made a post to point out my mistakes, 'cos without that, I would've hastily made the same mistakes GPing other analyses.

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
I guess I should follow this up with an apology: I'm really sorry Mr. lol, if you did implement my check because it definitely didn't have changes worthy for making it through for an on-site analysis. It would've been a horrible waste of time if you had to go through my check and debate to fit in changes that were never meant to be made at all.

I suppose that this goes without saying, but it's imperative that I do more checks in the near future to bring up my level of GPing to where it was a few months ago.

NixHex, I appreciate it that you made a post to point out my mistakes, 'cos without that, I would've hastily made the same mistakes GPing other analyses.
Its quite all right :P. Everyone makes mistakes; the important thing is learning from them and not making them again (cough* unlike some politicians 9.9 (for the sake of being obvious this is me trying to lighten a serious mood and saying I accept the apology X_X)).

mr.lol, I'm going to ask that you don't implement ShortsTheory's ammy check, for a number of reasons. ShortsTheory, listen up my man:

• You changed complete sentences and pretty much rewrote some as your own. The most glaring example was in the second paragraph of AC, in which you arbitrarily turned it around. It had the same meaning (and was clearer) first of all with no errors at all.
  • You made arbitrary word changes, such as poor -> pedestrian, forgoes -> surrender. This made it more confusing in both occasions, since nobody besides hipsters knows that "pedestrian" is while everyone knows what "poor" is. Also, "surrender" is just a longer version of "forgo."
  • You missed an actual typo in the third paragraph of AC: perserve -> preserve
In the future, don't completely change prose and add unnecessary length to sentences.
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Zekrom's poormediocre base 90 Speed makes it nearly impossible for the poor Dragon to sweep, so this set attempts to remedy this by utilizing Tailwind. Under the effects of Tailwind, Zekrom can outspeed a majority of the tier, even when running mixed offensive EVs. Draco Meteor, despite lacking full investment, packs a huge punch, allowing Zekrom to heavily dent any troublesome Groudon and support Arceus that might try to halt its sweep. Bolt Strike is extremely strong with maximum attack investment, and can do things such as OHKO 0 HP Arceus after Stealth Rock and Spikes damage. The last moveslot is based on the team's needs. Outrage gives Zekrom a strong STAB move to spam after it has used Draco Meteor, but beware, as it may leave Zekrom locked in after Tailwind has ended. Volt Switch allows Zekrom to keep momentum by scouting for any potential double switches, and can give Tailwind's Speed boost to another teammate. Lastly, Focus Blast allows Zekrom to kill weakened Ferrothorn, as the move always 2HKOes after Stealth Rock damage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Zekrom is walled by different Pokemon depending on what Zekrom runs in the fourth moveslot. If Zekrom forgoes Focus Blast, Ferrothorn will be able to switch into Zekrom with ease and can stomach any attack, as it resists all moves that Zekrom can hit it with. If Zekrom forgoes Outrage, then it risks being defeated by Latios, Latias, and specially defensive Groudon after it has used Draco Meteor. If Zekrom forgoes both Focus Blast and Outrage, then Excadrill will be able to switch in to Zekrom, avoiding the 2HKO from any move that Zekrom has, and proceed to OHKO Zekrom with Earthquake should it not switch out. Regardless of which move you choose to use, Ground Arceus and Grass Arceus will always be problematic. Partners that can help Zekrom defeat or weaken these foes are welcome, particularly those that also appreciate Tailwind's Speed boost. While practically every Dragon with a base 90 Speed stat falls in this category, Latios, Latias, Reshiram, Ho-Oh, and Rayquaza deserve special mentions, as t. They can weaken enemy Ferrothorn, Ground Arceus, and Grass Arceus with their powerful moves while supporting Zekrom with a Tailwind of their own. Steel Arceus, though boasting high Speed, is also a great partner for Zekrom. Its typing allows it to resist powerful Dragon STAB moves aimed at Zekrom while allowing the titan to setup on Ferrothorn, as it resists all of the common moves that Ferrothorn can try to hit it with and can nab Calm Minds while it struggles to hurt Arceus.</p>

<p>The listed EV spread allows Zekrom to outspeed everything up to Choice Scarf Terrakion while under Tailwind and maximizes Zekrom's Attack stat, with the rest of the EVs being thrown into Special Attack to power up Draco Meteor. Naughty is the nature of choice, as it allows Zekrom to maximize its Attack while keeping its Defense intact. A Lonely nature makes Zekrom take more damage from priority, but can be used to prerserve Zekrom's Special Defense. If this EV spread doesn't suit your needs then you can use a more specially offensive spread consisting of 168 Specialof 164 Attack EVs,/ 164 Attack EVs, and8 SpA / 176 Speed EVs. This allows Zekrom to 2HKO Groudon with Draco Meteor while having enough power in Bolt Strike to OHKO Mewtwo. Fully investing in Attack and Speed while entirely forgoing Draco Meteor for Outrage is also an option, but note that when you do this, you may have trouble when facing Groudon, as physically defensive variants avoid the 2HKO from Outrage and can OHKO back with Earthquake.</p>

In case you already implemented the check, I'll save you the trouble of going through your edit history and just give you the c/p from my check:
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Zekrom's mediocre base 90 Speed makes it nearly impossible for the poor Dragon to sweep, so this set attempts to remedy this by utilizing Tailwind. Under the effects of Tailwind, Zekrom can outspeed a majority of the tier, even when running mixed offensive EVs. Draco Meteor, despite lacking full investment, packs a huge punch, allowing Zekrom to heavily dent any troublesome Groudon and support Arceus that might try to halt its sweep. Bolt Strike is extremely strong with maximum attack investment, and can do things such as OHKO 0 HP Arceus after Stealth Rock and Spikes damage. The last moveslot is based on the team's needs. Outrage gives Zekrom a strong STAB move to spam after it has used Draco Meteor, but beware, as it may leave Zekrom locked in after Tailwind has ended. Volt Switch allows Zekrom to keep momentum by scouting for any potential double switches, and can give Tailwind's Speed boost to another teammate. Lastly, Focus Blast allows Zekrom to kill weakened Ferrothorn, as the move always 2HKOes after Stealth Rock damage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Zekrom is walled by different Pokemon depending on what Zekrom runs in the fourth moveslot. If Zekrom forgoes Focus Blast, Ferrothorn will be able to switch in with ease and can stomach any attack, as it resists all moves that Zekrom can hit it with. If Zekrom forgoes Outrage, then it risks being defeated by Latios, Latias, and specially defensive Groudon after it has used Draco Meteor. If Zekrom forgoes both Focus Blast and Outrage, then Excadrill will be able to switch in to Zekrom, avoiding the 2HKO from any move that Zekrom has, and proceed to OHKO Zekrom with Earthquake should it not switch out. Regardless of which move you choose to use, Ground Arceus and Grass Arceus will always be problematic. Partners that can help Zekrom defeat or weaken these foes are welcome, particularly those that also appreciate Tailwind's Speed boost. While practically every Dragon with a base 90 Speed stat falls in this category, Latios, Latias, Reshiram, Ho-Oh, and Rayquaza deserve special mentions. They can weaken enemy Ferrothorn, Ground Arceus, and Grass Arceus with their powerful moves while supporting Zekrom with a Tailwind of their own. Steel Arceus, though boasting high Speed, is also a great partner for Zekrom. Its typing allows it to resist powerful Dragon STAB moves aimed at Zekrom while allowing the titan to setup on Ferrothorn, as it resists all of the common moves that Ferrothorn can try to hit it with and can nab Calm Minds while it struggles to hurt Arceus.</p>

<p>The listed EV spread allows Zekrom to outspeed everything up to Choice Scarf Terrakion while under Tailwind and maximizes Zekrom's Attack stat, with the rest of the EVs being thrown into Special Attack to power up Draco Meteor. Naughty is the nature of choice, as it allows Zekrom to maximize its Attack while keeping its Defense intact. A Lonely nature makes Zekrom take more damage from priority, but can be used to preserve Zekrom's Special Defense. If this EV spread doesn't suit your needs then you can use a more specially offensive spread of 164 Atk / 168 SpA / 176 Spe. This allows Zekrom to 2HKO Groudon with Draco Meteor while having enough power in Bolt Strike to OHKO Mewtwo. Fully investing in Attack and Speed while entirely forgoing Draco Meteor for Outrage is also an option, but note that when you do this, you may have trouble when facing Groudon, as physically defensive variants avoid the 2HKO from Outrage and can OHKO back with Earthquake.</p>

Excellent write up mr.lol. And ST, I'm just doing this to help you. We love your enthusiasm. Combine that with improvement and you will definitely make a promising GPer. If you want some examples of what we're looking for, look at some of sirn's checks and melvni's checks.
[gp]1/2[/gp]

edit: consider this a stamp for MysticNova's check as well.
All right, OP has been updated and your GP check has been implemented. Thank you for the GP check NixHex :P.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Zekrom's mediocre base 90 Speed makes it nearly impossible for the poor Dragon to sweep, so this set attempts to remedy this by utilizing Tailwind. Under the effects of Tailwind, Zekrom can outspeed a majority of the tier, even when running mixed offensive EVs. Draco Meteor, despite lacking full investment, packs a huge punch, allowing Zekrom to heavily dent any troublesome Groudon and support Arceus that might try to halt its sweep. Bolt Strike is extremely strong with maximum aAttack investment, and can do thingsheavy damage to Pokemon, such as OHKO 0 HP Arceus after Stealth Rock and Spikes damage. The last moveslot is based on the team's needs. Outrage gives Zekrom a strong STAB move to spam after it has used Draco Meteor, but beware, as it may leave Zekrom locked in after Tailwind has ended. Volt Switch allows Zekrom to keep momentum by scouting for any potential double switches, and can give Tailwind's Speed boost to another teammate. Lastly, Focus Blast allows Zekrom to kill weakened Ferrothorn, as the move always 2HKOes after Stealth Rock damage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Zekrom is walled by different Pokemon depending on what Zekromit runs in the fourth moveslot. If Zekrom forgoes Focus Blast, Ferrothorn will be able to switch in with ease and can stomach any attack, as it resists all moves that Zekrom can hit it with. If Zekrom forgoes Outrage, then it risks being defeated by Latios, Latias, and specially defensive Groudon after it has used Draco Meteor. If Zekrom forgoes both Focus Blast and Outrage, then Excadrill will be able to switch in to Zekromit, avoiding the 2HKO from any move that Zekrom has, and proceed to OHKO Zekrom with Earthquake should it not switch out. Regardless of which move you choose to use, Ground Arceus and Grass Arceus will always be problematic. Partners that can help Zekrom defeat or weaken these foes are welcome, particularly those that also appreciate Tailwind's Speed boost. While practically every Dragon with a base 90 Speed stat falls in this category, Latios, Latias, Reshiram, Ho-Oh, and Rayquaza deserve special mentions. T; they can weaken enemy Ferrothorn, Ground Arceus, and Grass Arceus with their powerful moves while supporting Zekrom with a Tailwind of their own. Steel Arceus, though boasting high Speed, is also a great partner for Zekrom. ItSteel Arceus's typing allows it to resist powerful Dragon STAB moves aimed at Zekrom while allowing the titan to setup on Ferrothorn, as it resists all of the common moves that Ferrothorn can try to hit it with and can nab Calm Minds while it struggles to hurt Arceus.</p>

<p>Zekrom also appreciates Pokemon that can lay hazards, which are beneficial in easing a clean sweep. Partners, such as Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Skarmory, pair nicely with Zekrom, as they not only provide Stealth Rock and Spikes support, but can also absorb Outrages and Draco Meteors aimed at Zekrom, while creating potential setup opportunities by attracting choice-boosted Fire-type moves. Deoxys-S and Deoxys-A also pair nicely with Zekrom. T, as they can easily lay Spikes down early in a match while also preventing any momentum loss, thanks to their high Speed and good offensive capabilities.</p>

<p>Zekrom has a few other moves it can run in the fourth moveslot. Roost lengthens Zekrom's longevity and allows Zekromit to wall Ferrothorn, but Zekrom can now no longer maim Excadrill and Dialga. Hidden Power Fire can be used on a sun team to fry Ferrothorn and Forretress, but it hurts Zekrom's ability to prevent Dialga from coming in and taking momentum. Lastly, Dragon Claw can be used if you want a reliable Dragon STAB move that doesn't lock Zekrom in, but beware, as the power drop is noticeable.</p>

<p>The listed EV spread allows Zekrom to outspeed everything up to Choice Scarf Terrakion while under Tailwind, as well ands maximizes Zekrom's Attack stat, with the rest of the EVs being thrown into Special Attack to power up Draco Meteor. Naughty is the nature of choice, as it allows Zekrom to maximize its Attack while keeping its Defense intact. A Lonely nature makes Zekrom take more damage from priority, but can be used to preserve Zekrom's Special Defense. If this EV spread doesn't suit your needs then you can use a more specially offensive spread of 164 Atk / 168 SpA / 176 Spe. This allows Zekrom to 2HKO Groudon with Draco Meteor while having enough power in Bolt Strike to OHKO Mewtwo. Fully investing in Attack and Speed while entirely forgoing Draco Meteor for Outrage is also an option, but note that when you do this, you may have trouble when facing Groudon, as physically defensive variants avoid the 2HKO from Outrage and can OHKO back with Earthquake.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Zekrom's mediocre base 90 Speed makes it nearly impossible for the poor Dragon to sweep, so this set attempts to remedy this by utilizing Tailwind. Under the effects of Tailwind, Zekrom can outspeed a majority of the tier, even when running mixed offensive EVs. Draco Meteor, despite lacking full investment, packs a huge punch, allowing Zekrom to heavily dent any troublesome Groudon and support Arceus that might try to halt its sweep. Bolt Strike is extremely strong with maximum Attack investment, and can do heavy damage to Pokemon, such as OHKO 0 HP Arceus after Stealth Rock and Spikes damage. The last moveslot is based on the team's needs. Outrage gives Zekrom a strong STAB move to spam after it has used Draco Meteor, but beware, as it may leave Zekrom locked in after Tailwind has ended. Volt Switch allows Zekrom to keep momentum by scouting for any potential double switches and can give Tailwind's Speed boost to another teammate. Lastly, Focus Blast allows Zekrom to kill weakened Ferrothorn, as the move always 2HKOes after Stealth Rock damage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Zekrom is walled by different Pokemon depending on what it runs in the fourth moveslot. If Zekrom forgoes Focus Blast, Ferrothorn will be able to switch in with ease and can stomach any attack, as it resists all moves that Zekrom can hit it with. If Zekrom forgoes Outrage, then it risks being defeated by Latios, Latias, and specially defensive Groudon after it has used Draco Meteor. If Zekrom forgoes both Focus Blast and Outrage, then Excadrill will be able to switch in to it, avoiding the 2HKO from any move that Zekrom has, and proceed to OHKO Zekrom with Earthquake should it not switch out. Regardless of which move you choose to use, Ground Arceus and Grass Arceus will always be problematic. Partners that can help Zekrom defeat or weaken these foes are welcome, particularly those that also appreciate Tailwind's Speed boost. While practically every Dragon with a base 90 Speed stat falls in this category, Latios, Latias, Reshiram, Ho-Oh, and Rayquaza deserve special mentions; they can weaken enemy Ferrothorn, Ground Arceus, and Grass Arceus with their powerful moves while supporting Zekrom with a Tailwind of their own. Steel Arceus, though boasting high Speed, is also a great partner for Zekrom. Steel Arceus's typing allows it to resist powerful Dragon STAB moves aimed at Zekrom while allowing the titan to setup on Ferrothorn, as it resists all of the common moves that Ferrothorn can try to hit it with and can nab Calm Minds while it struggles to hurt Arceus.</p>

<p>Zekrom also appreciates Pokemon that can lay hazards, which are beneficial in easing a clean sweep. Partners, such as Ferrothorn, Forretress, and Skarmory, pair nicely with Zekrom, as they not only provide Stealth Rock and Spikes support, but can also absorb Outrages and Draco Meteors aimed at Zekrom while creating potential setup opportunities by attracting choice-boosted Fire-type moves. Deoxys-S and Deoxys-A also pair nicely with Zekrom, as they can easily lay Spikes down early in a match while also preventing any momentum loss thanks to their high Speed and good offensive capabilities.</p>

<p>Zekrom has a few other moves it can run in the fourth moveslot. Roost lengthens Zekrom's longevity and allows it to wall Ferrothorn, but Zekrom can now no longer maim Excadrill and Dialga. Hidden Power Fire can be used on a sun team to fry Ferrothorn and Forretress, but it hurts Zekrom's ability to prevent Dialga from coming in and taking momentum. Lastly, Dragon Claw can be used if you want a reliable Dragon STAB move that doesn't lock Zekrom in, but beware, as the power drop is noticeable.</p>

<p>The listed EV spread allows Zekrom to outspeed everything up to Choice Scarf Terrakion while under Tailwind, as well as maximize Zekrom's Attack stat, with the rest of the EVs being thrown into Special Attack to power up Draco Meteor. Naughty is the nature of choice, as it allows Zekrom to maximize its Attack while keeping its Defense intact. A Lonely nature makes Zekrom take more damage from priority, but can be used to preserve Zekrom's Special Defense. If this EV spread doesn't suit your needs then you can use a more specially offensive spread of 164 Atk / 168 SpA / 176 Spe. This allows Zekrom to 2HKO Groudon with Draco Meteor while having enough power in Bolt Strike to OHKO Mewtwo. Fully investing in Attack and Speed while entirely forgoing Draco Meteor for Outrage is also an option, but note that when you do this, you may have trouble when facing Groudon, as physically defensive variants avoid the 2HKO from Outrage and can OHKO back with Earthquake.</p>

[gp]2/2[/gp]

edit: okay, yeah, go ahead

polop

is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok I've implemented your GP check Redew :P, thank you for it.

This is now ready to be uploaded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)