Caution: This thread will likely make you sad.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Goddamit wer i LIKE being happy ok and you know a title like that only makes me want to click on the thread :(.
now i gotta go watch something really really happy

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The worst part is you're all like "haha ms paint funnies he must have been kidding" and then realize nope, he wasn't :(

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
train of thought

haha ms paint funnies
oh that is kinda sad
aww how touching

<MrE> that comic is adorable

There's like... there's like this fucking threshhold man. Starving african children? Hilarious. A metapod wanting to be a butterfree? Hilarious.

But somewhere... somewhere between that porygon coming into his bedroom...

and him grabbing that Squirtle(?)...

I died a little inside.

Extremely depressing comic said:
most ppl dont lik mankey coz he is meen sumtiems and will attak four no reson
i still leik him tho
just bcoz sum1 hits u
it dusnt meen that
they dont luv u
This part was like, super deep. My god, this was just... Too many good lines in this.

I'm not exactly sure how that made me feel, but it wasn't sadness. I interpreted the ending as a good thing, though I guess a kid running away being a happy ending (beginning??) is questionable. I'll have to think on it some more.

Good read nonetheless.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Interestingly, I didn't feel sad reading that. I'm not exactly certain, but I think the poor grammar annoyed me more than I was able to concentrate on the story. (I'm mildly autistic as well, that might come into it).

If you want a real sad comic, find the Calvin and Hobbes ritalin one. I know it's fake, but that was horrible.

Edit: ooooooh the ending is a squirtle? That's clever, but still not saddening.

Calvin and Hobbes is depressing anyway. At least, some parts of it are.

I cried when I read this one where Calvins house got broken into, and he thought Hobbes was gone.

Awful.

Originally Posted by Fat Extremely depressing comic
most ppl dont lik mankey coz he is meen sumtiems and will attak four no reson
i still leik him tho
just bcoz sum1 hits u
it dusnt meen that
they dont luv u
a little part of me just died on the inside :'(
i mean this is sadder than toy story 3

I didn't think it was that sad, I think its because I saw the ending coming at like, the third slide.

Train of thought:

Oh, MS Paint comic, lol.
Oh, his mom is cheating on his dad, I kinda didn't expect that.
Oh, he grows up and leaves his GBC on the bed in a somewhat predictable ending in that he grew out of pokemon.

P.S. Charmander is a big gay. Gay Charmander. Firestorm, the gay Charmander lover.

P.P.S. I'M NOT A SOCIOPATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

part of my soul died

the whole bad spelling gimmick is over used
but that doesn't change the fact that this is one of the saddest, deepest, (yet simplistic in execution) stories I have ever read

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
jesus christ on a cracker

as if I weren't already feeling like shit today

The only thing, is that the OP comics were good, and the Dear Dad comics were okay at best. They were more of a drag to read than anything that brought out emotion.

Edit: I have read all of the Dear Dads. Don't even try me, guys, I'm like a pro at this.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
First post, I laughed.

Max's post, well, I didn't feel much emotion. Holy shit, I'm insane, judging the other posts.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
dw, dear dad is better if you read the whole thing; that last strip is a real kick in the teeth after the others

op was good but the deliberate "idiot spelling" almost killed it for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)