move 2: Flare Blitz
move 3: Wild Charge
move 4: Head Smash/Rock Tomb
item: Oran Berry/Life Orb
ability: Blaze
nature: Adamant
evs: 156 HP/172 Atk/156 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>With Tepig's access to Flame Charge and it being a STAB, it is the primary move of the set. Tepig's increased speed from Flame Charge allows it match most non choiced pokémon with higher speed, such as Misdreavous and Staryu. After two Flame Charges it should be matching most choiced Pokemon with higher speed, such as Joltik and Gligar. With two stages in speed Tepig also out speeds Carracosta after 1 shell smash. Now after Flame Charging, Flare Blitz is the primary STAB move for Tepig and provides tepig with the chance of hitting Blaze territory. Now Wild Charge does the same thing however it is used to counter Tepig's counters. For the last move slot, Head Smash is the primary choice however if you are skeptical of all the recoil Rock tomb is acceptable but keep in mind you might not do as much damage.Now Tepig has the choice of either an Oran Berry or Life Orb depending on if you want to last longer or not. Oran Berry allows Tepig more longevity while Life Orb allows more damage.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p></p>

<p></p>

[Other Options]

<p></p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p></p>

[Dream World]

<p>Tepig's Dream World ability is Thick Fat which for a fire type doesn't do much at all. Considering the fact that in Little Cup Tepig may have little health left after flame charging to get his speed, Blaze provides the boost to make Tepig a Great Sweeper.</p>

*NOTES*:this is my first analysis and im still trying to determine the best way to use tepig, and i recieved a pm stating i needed to update the thread and so i am adding what i am currently using on tepig.

Who would ever use Rock Tomb when you could be Head Smashing? I mean, using a move that actually kills things that aren't quadruply weak to it?

For counters, keep in mind:
-Onix and Larvitar wall the Flame Charge set and can OHKO back with STAB Earthquake or Stone Edge (even with minimum Atk investment)
-Wooper can come also come in on any of the attacks and OHKO with STAB Earthquake

A Choice Band set with Superpower instead of Flame Charge could also work, but I'm not sure how effective it would be since I've never tested it.

Scarf is viable, Head Smash+Superpower+Flare Blitz+Wild Charge is unique to it, and 21 speed after a scarf is cool, and it's got decent attack. CB is too slow, and therefore outclassed by fire-types with flare blitz like Ponyta and Growlithe, that aren't slow.

Also CB sucks because you're locked in and LO is basically the same thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)