Crobat - the king of annoyance - is back.

Crobat, the annoyer of advance, is back. This is a very un-standardish moveset, but effective. Read comments before disregarding it.

name: Batman
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Swagger
move 3: Aerial Ace
move 4: Toxic
item: Black Sludge
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 6 Atk

Comments: 6 Atk is actually all you need to OHKO Heracross with Aerial Ace. This Crobat is a Heracross/Machamp/any fighting type counter, as it can switch into any fighting attack, even a STABbed Focus Punch. Substitute on the switch, and then Swagger. If they break your Sub, build it back up. If you know they're going to switch out after the Swagger, you can either Swagger again or status them with Toxic.

Disregarded.

Hypnosis should be an auto-include for Crobat. Taunt can also be used to screw around with other support pokemon.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I'm preparing to write the DP analysis for Crobat within the next 24 hours. If you have something you want to contribute, put it in this thread!

Annoyers fail by default, Crobat should use Scheme or some random physical set (though without Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power or Shadow Ball it has been degraded quite a bit). U-Turn is cool, Hypnosis is cool.

I've been advertising my Crobat idea ever since early D/P: Mean Look something on the switch, use Hypnosis because you're faster, then U-Turn or switch out for something that would like a guaranteed free set-up turn as long as you didn't use it on a Sleep Talker. Or finish it off with Dugtrio/Magnezone.

Crobat is a good Darkrai counter. It will always be faster in competitive play, can Taunt Darkrai, and then Hypnosis the almost certain switch. Granted it can't do much else in the Uber playground (base attack/lack of STAB SE attacks means it can't really abuse the weak Defense of most Ubers) but it should still be noted for its anti-Darkrainess.

It can also mess up Lugia, possibly allowing you to setup Groudon for a sweep, or at the very least, letting you get a free hit on the incoming Lugia.

EDIT: Didn't put a set or some such up.

Crobat@Quick Claw. It's frowned upon but it helps breaking the speed tie against Mewtwo. Otherwise personal preference.
Inner Focus; Jolly; 252 Speed/(other EVs are personal preference)
Hypnosis
Taunt
U-Turn
Mean Look/Toxic (Mean Look for OU; Toxic for Ubers)

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Getting swept by something is "annoying". Getting your special attacker walled completely by Blissey is "annoying". Crobat is not "annoying". I nominate this thread to be linked at the end of the Pokemon Taboo topic.

I would run hypnosis/air slash/hidden power ground/roost or nasty plot.

Crobat makes an ideal second time switch into Heracross if you switched in something like Lucario the first time.

Edit: hypnosis/aerial ace/u-turn/cross poison @choice band since brave bird/hypnosis is illegal =[

what about a Choice Band set for Crobat? Cross Poison/Pursuit/Brave Bird or Air Slash/HP: Ground?

maybe hypnosis/nasty plot/mean look/sludgebomb

name: Status and Scout
move 1: Hypnosis
move 2: U-Turn
move 3: Air Slash
move 4: Zen Headbutt / Roost
item: Leftovers / Choice Scarf
nature: Hasty
evs: 152 HP / 100 SAtk / 252 Spd

Not really an expert on spreads, but here is the Scouter Crobat. Here the idea is continue flinching them with Air Slash, and when they bring their counter pokemon in, put them to sleep, and U-turn to another pokemon. Can work well as a lead

Only problem I see with that set is the lack of Serene Grace, making flinching unreliable. I wouldn't suggest that for a serious set, since any physical opener would take you down in an instant when you inevitably missed the flinch.

Cro-Curse @ jolly @ white herb
252ev atk252 speed

Curse
Cross Poison
Confuse Ray/Swagger?
Roost/Zen Heabutt/Aerial Ace

:O

EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED.

Wanted hypnosis and curse, but not possible..confuse?
Curse, get +atk/def, white herb fixes speed down.
dundundun..

394speed and (279+curse)420 atk,woot.

Hill

ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day
is a Past WCoP Champion
I like the Mean Look + Hypnosis combo, specially if you are packing Dugtrio on your team. Would be the same effect of Wobbufett locking something with encore and then switching to Dugtrio. Magnezone is an option too, because steel pokémon like Skarm and Bronzong will try to counter Crobat.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Crobat is a good Darkrai counter. It will always be faster in competitive play, can Taunt Darkrai, and then Hypnosis the almost certain switch. Granted it can't do much else in the Uber playground (base attack/lack of STAB SE attacks means it can't really abuse the weak Defense of most Ubers) but it should still be noted for its anti-Darkrainess.
Darkrai can Ice Beam/Thunderbolt Crobat, or Dark Void when Crobat switches in. Dark Pulse hurts very very much also... Crobat isn't much of a Darkrai counter, if it is a Darkrai counter at all.

I've said this before but Crobat as a starter with Hypnosis and U-turn gives you instant control of the battle, and if you add Mean Look and Focus Sash, you can give a free turn to any sweeper you want.....

So it can either be like Hypnosis, U-turn, switch to something that counters whoever they have out, or Mean Look, Hypnosis, U-turn, semd out Life Orb Rock Polish Rampardos and sweep...

It's too bad that Crobat can't really OHKO Weavile without Choice Band and Brave Bird

Edit: errr... Mekkah aready said this :/

name: Status and Scout
move 1: Hypnosis
move 2: Mean Look
move 3: Aerial Ace
move 4: U-Turn
item: Black Sludge / Leftovers
nature: Hasty
evs: 152 HP / 100 Atk / 252 Spd

Bring this one a CScarf Hera Close Combat, or anything that it is resistant to. Mean Look on the switch, and since you will be faster, Hypnosis and U-turn away. This can provide an easy set up for one of the pokemon on your team

Built upon Mekkah's idea

I know this is probably a nooby question, but whats "D/P analysis" mean? I'm guessing its something like... sort of the pokemon of the week thing on serebii... If I'm wrong, please tell me what it is, if I'm right then how do I access them?

Hmm, brave bird... how about

confuse ray
screech
substitute
brave bird

jolly or adamant @ blacksludge

the old confuse ray + screech combo, sub until it's about time to finish your opponent off with brave bird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)