Crobat - the king of annoyance - is back.

Stealth rock + spike support. Like what someone mentioned above, annoyers don't work well. But I was just trying to come up with an original set that utilizes brave bird.

Crobat is meant for the old Mean Look/Toxic/Substitute thing. Since its the fastest thing in over-used play other than Aerodactyl and Jolteon(who tie in base speed with him, as well as reaching a mind-blowing 394 Speed, if Jolly, 252 EV's, and 31 IV's), it is good for the job. Still gets nerfed by Skarmory, who'll just use Roar, and Bronzong, who can use Crobat's 394 Max. Speed to its advantage with Gyro Ball.

Darkrai can Ice Beam/Thunderbolt Crobat, or Dark Void when Crobat switches in. Dark Pulse hurts very very much also... Crobat isn't much of a Darkrai counter, if it is a Darkrai counter at all.
It won't matter if Crobat dies. Taunting a Darkrai in order to force a switch for the revenge setup of something like Groudon, CMKyogre, DDRayquaza is worth it to me. Crobat won't be switching in on anything except an Earthquake in Ubers, it's either the lead pokemon, or its a "revenge Hypnosis" pokemon.

Crobat + Darkrai in 2v2 is ultimate annoyance + easy setup for CMDarkrai.

name: "Holy Defense Down Batman"
move 1: Hypnosis
move 2: Pursuit
move 3: Aerial Ace / Brave Bird
move 4: Screech
item: Black Sludge / Leftovers / Wide Lens
nature: Jolly
evs: 164 HP / 76 Atk / 16 Def / 252 Spd

Evs could be tweaked but you get maximum leftovers recovery, 200 Defense, and Max Speed. But if you are not using Leftovers / Black Sludge go ahead and max Hp.

Set is fairly simple, works sort of like Screechgon in ADV. Use Hypnosis on any counters and then screech or use pursuit on the invariable switch, then just attack away. Obviously this set works best with Stealth Rock and/or Spikes already set up.

I really feel that tons of people are just ignoring what a great typing Poison/Flying is.

It grants an amazing 1/4 resistance to Fighting and Grass type attacks, and is immune to Ground. Yet, people are only interested to find out how they can make Crobat annoying?

Pfft... This guy works great in combination with 4x weak to Fighting Pokemon. Namely Weavile, but Tyranitar works too. His Sandstream ends up hurting Crobat a bit though. Blissey can also get saved by random Focus Punches by Crobat too.

252 HP, 4 Att, 252 Def EVed Impish Crobat with 31 IVs (374 HP, 217 Attack, 284 Def, 158 S Att, 196 S Def, 296 Spd) takes only a maximum of 68 damage (18%) from a Choice Banded Adamant Tyranitar's Focus Punch(1.5x Choice Banded Attack Stat of 403).

The above example is a worst case scenario. (Yes, I do realize some people may be thinking "Why would a Tyranitar Focus Punch a Crobat?!" Oddly enough, it's YOU that should want your Crobat to switch in to take the Focus Punch when you see Tyranitar starting it, or even predict a strong Pokemon's Focus Punch. I don't want to see stupid questions asked, seriously. You have a brain, and you're supposed to use your predictions to wall Focus Punches and the like of strong Fighting type moves.

Yet, I doubt this will change any of you people's idiotic minds, such as forcing Crobat to be special because you miss Shadow Ball so much? Pfft. Crobat just happens to be the best Fighting wall in the game.

Keeping both a Crobat and Blissey as your walls means Grass attacks are rendered moot. You say you have a Leafeon with Leaf Blade or your Torterra's going to use Wood Hammer? Pfft. Crobat says hi. Your Sceptile and Roserade know Leaf Storm? Blissey says hi. Not only that, but again I reiterate, Crobat can take Blissey's weakness and wall extremely well.

And what exactly is the moveset for that defensive Crobat? Oh right, it'll probably go something like:

Hypnosis
U-Turn
Mean Look
Toxic
etc.

And what exactly is the moveset for that defensive Crobat? Oh right, it'll probably go something like:

Hypnosis
U-Turn
Mean Look
Toxic
etc.
Well it doesn't need a moveset to take a Focus Punch... Blissey doesn't even need HP evs or Sp. Def evs to wall Special Attacks.

You could use a regular moveset if needed. All that's needed for Crobat in a defensive style is rearranged EVs and a different nature. That's all.

Still... It would be funny if Crobat could learn encore, that way it could Mean Look/Encore a Tyranitar's Focus Punch and play with it all day. Well, not necessarily. But the amount of damage Crobat takes is amazingly pathetic.

It grants an amazing 1/4 resistance to Fighting and Grass type attacks, and is immune to Ground. Yet, people are only interested to find out how they can make Crobat annoying?

Yet, I doubt this will change any of you people's idiotic minds, such as forcing Crobat to be special because you miss Shadow Ball so much? Pfft. Crobat just happens to be the best Fighting wall in the game.
If both the "Annoyer" and the "Special Sweeper" can wall Fighting, Grass, and Ground type attacks well, why exactly are you trying to tell us that we're idiots for being interested in them?

Crobat is meant for the old Mean Look/Toxic/Substitute thing. Since its the fastest thing in over-used play other than Aerodactyl and Jolteon(who tie in base speed with him, as well as reaching a mind-blowing 394 Speed, if Jolly, 252 EV's, and 31 IV's), it is good for the job. Still gets nerfed by Skarmory, who'll just use Roar, and Bronzong, who can use Crobat's 394 Max. Speed to its advantage with Gyro Ball.
This old "Mean Look/Toxic/Substitute" thing was never seriously used by anyone with half a brain. Crobat is not an annoyer. Nothing is, and if it is, it fails instantly.

I know this is probably a nooby question, but whats "D/P analysis" mean? I'm guessing its something like... sort of the pokemon of the week thing on serebii... If I'm wrong, please tell me what it is, if I'm right then how do I access them?
This is so insulting. Smogon was the very first site (besides IGN's Pokemon of the Day Chick) that did individual Pokemon Analyses, and basically shaped it up in a format with multiple sets, EVs, Other Options, Counters, etc. Every other site, including Serebii, ripped the system off, and sometimes even stole our (exact) analyses.

You get access by being a good poster on Stark Mountain in general, which will likely take ages for anyone who joins by now to stabilize unless you really stand out.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I really feel that tons of people are just ignoring what a great typing Poison/Flying is.

Pfft... This guy works great in combination with 4x weak to Fighting Pokemon. Namely Weavile, but Tyranitar works too. His Sandstream ends up hurting Crobat a bit though. Blissey can also get saved by random Focus Punches by Crobat too.

252 HP, 4 Att, 252 Def EVed Impish Crobat with 31 IVs (374 HP, 217 Attack, 284 Def, 158 S Att, 196 S Def, 296 Spd) takes only a maximum of 68 damage (18%) from a Choice Banded Adamant Tyranitar's Focus Punch(1.5x Choice Banded Attack Stat of 403).

The above example is a worst case scenario. (Yes, I do realize some people may be thinking "Why would a Tyranitar Focus Punch a Crobat?!" Oddly enough, it's YOU that should want your Crobat to switch in to take the Focus Punch when you see Tyranitar starting it, or even predict a strong Pokemon's Focus Punch. I don't want to see stupid questions asked, seriously. You have a brain, and you're supposed to use your predictions to wall Focus Punches and the like of strong Fighting type moves.

Keeping both a Crobat and Blissey as your walls means Grass attacks are rendered moot. You say you have a Leafeon with Leaf Blade or your Torterra's going to use Wood Hammer? Pfft. Crobat says hi. Your Sceptile and Roserade know Leaf Storm? Blissey says hi. Not only that, but again I reiterate, Crobat can take Blissey's weakness and wall extremely well.
You missed the 1/4th reistance to Bug. Crobat seriously craps on non-Stone Edge variants of Heracross.

Maybe I'm missing something, but how can you get Hypnosis and Nasty Plot on Crobat?

There are two Flyers who can learn Hypnosis who both cannot learn Nasty Plot.

There are three Flyers that (can) learn Nasty Plot who cannot learn Hypnosis. The only ' Flyer' that can breed with other groups (Togepi) cannot learn it.

If both the "Annoyer" and the "Special Sweeper" can wall Fighting, Grass, and Ground type attacks well, why exactly are you trying to tell us that we're idiots for being interested in them?
Well it's not walling well enough to survive multiple Focus Punches if it's not Impish with maxed HP and Def.

Just because it happens to 'survive' against a Focus Punch twice doesn't mean it can wall them. Sure, it can Roost, but then it gains a Ground weakness because Flying is nulled and Poison is weak to Ground. Merely surviving a hit doesn't qualify as walling. It takes investment in a Nature, EVs, and IVs to wall properly for anything not named Blissey.

How about:

Crobat: @ Magnifying Lens

Hypnosis
Screech
U-Turn
Aerial Ace

Increase Accuracy with ML, and Screech works better than Swords Dance. Either cause another Switch with Screech, or sweep. U-turn is when they switch to a strong Pokemon who wont be afraid (Like Rhyperior).

Crobat @ Nothing/ Enigma/ Jocoba/Rowap Berry

Hypnosis
Thief
U-Turn
Aerial Ace

Sleep Steal, Switch, or Sweep

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)