3-on3; Terrador14 Vs. Gerard in Pallet Town. Gerard wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of beginners in the Battle Tower...

Open Challenge
3v3 Singles
2 Recovers/5 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: Pallet Town

Nostalgia for the victory. At any rate, Pallet Town isn't a particularly large arena - fifty meters by fifty meters or so. There are four residences there: one in the northwest, one in the northeast, one in the southwest, and one in the southeast. Should your Pokemon destroy one or more of those houses with moves like Earthquake, etc. during any given round, a neutral natured Charmander, Squirtle, or Bulbasaur (determined randomly) will use its signature move (Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, or Frenzy Plant, respectively) on the Pokemon that caused the damage. Once that Pokemon is determined, it will be the same Pokemon throughout the entire fight (ex. I break Ash's house with Hurricane; Bulbasaur is randomly chosen to use Frenzy Plant. Later, my opponent shatters the other homes with Earthquake; Bulbasuar uses Frenzy Plant on him). To the north is Route 1; you can retreat into the tall grasses to increase evasion, but you risk being struck by a wayward Pidgey or Rattata Tackle. To the south is the beginning of the path to Cinnabar Island, ideal for Water-Types.

Summary:
- Medium-sized arena
- Water to the south
- Four homes near the corners; should you break one, a random Kanto starter will use its Hyper Beam equivalent on you. Same starter for multiple occurences.
- Tall grass to the north increases Evasion by 5% if you hide in it, but if you're in the grass at the end of the round, you have a 50% chance of being hit by a 2 Atk STAB Tackle from a wayward Pidgey or Rattata.
I'l take your challenge Terrador, i still have 1 slot and i better use it with someone on my level

Swich=KO
1 ability
no items
Wow, aren’t first days on the job something else? I finally landed my dream job, a lab assistant in Pallet Town as Prof. Oak’s Aide. And the day is flying by! It’s lunch already. I’ll eat my lunch outside today, it’s so nice out. But wait, what is this? Two trainers look like they’re about to battle! This could be very dangerous, we just handed out very powerful starter pokemon to each of the four houses in town. If any of the houses go down, this could be a big problem.

Terrador's team;

Staryu * [Celeste] (Genderless)
Nature: Timid (+15% Spd, +5% Acc, -* Atk)
Type:
<Water>: <Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
>

Abilities:
Ability 1: Natural Cure
Type: Innate

This Pokemon’s body has the ability to heal itself of status afflictions over time, it goes into effect six (6) actions after being inflicted with a status. In switch battles, this Pokemon heals all status effects when switched out.

Ability 2: Illuminate

Type: Can be Activated

At any point in a match this Pokemon can illuminate the area without using an action, the light is less powerful than Flash.

Command: (Ability: Illuminate [does not take up one of your three actions per round])

Ability 3 (DW): Analytic

Type: Can be Enabled

If this Pokemon attacks second during an action, its attack has +5% (flat) more accuracy do two (2) more damage. However, the opponents attacks have +10% (flat) accuracy.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: * (-)
Def: **
SpA: ***
SpD: **
Spe: 94 (85 + 15%)

EC: 2/6
MC: 1
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Tackle *
Harden *
Water Gun *
Rapid Spin *
Recover *
Camouflage *
Swift*
Reflect Type*
Power Gem*
Hydro Pump*

Ice Beam*
Thunderbolt*
Psychic*

Larvitar * [Caesar] (Male)
Nature: Adamant (+ * Atk, - * SAtk)
Type:
<Rock/Ground>: <Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm, Earth Power, Earthquake and Magnitude have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
>

Abilities:
Ability 1: Guts <Type: Innate

This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the base attack power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
>
Ability 2 (DW): Sand Veil <Type: Innate

This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
>

Stats:

Atk: **** (+)
SAtk: * (-)
SDef: **
Spd: 41

EC: 1/5/9
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Bite*
Leer*
Sandstorm*
Screech*
Chip Away*
Rock Slide*
Scary Face*
Crunch

Stealth Rock*
Outrage*
Curse*

Earthquake*
Rest*
Stone Edge*

Charmander [Draco] (Male)
Nature: Rash (+1 SAtk -1 SDef)

Type:
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Atk: **
SAtk: *** (+)
SDef: * (-)
Spd: 65

EC: 0/5/9
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Ability 1: Blaze:When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Ability 2: Solar Power (DW) When in bright sunlight, this Pokemon burns solar energy and 1 HP/action to increase the Base Attack Power of all their special attacks by two (2).

Attacks:
Scratch
Growl
Ember
Smokescreen
Dragon Rage
Scary Face
Fire Fang

Dragon Pulse
Counter
Belly Drum

Fire Blast
Protect
Hidden Power Grass 7

Gerard's Team;

Bagon (Karma) {F}

Nature: Mild (Adds * to Special Attack; Subtracts * From Defense)
Type: Dragon
Dragon: Dragon STAB; Roar has have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:

Rock Head: (Innate)
This Pokemon’s hard body prevents it from taking recoil damage from moves such as Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, and Head Smash.

Sheer Force (DW): (Can be Enabled)
This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Stats:

Atk: ***
Def: *(-)
SpA: ***(+)
Spe: 50

EC: 0/9

Attacks:

Rage
Bite
Lee
Headbutt
Focus Energy
Ember

Hydro Pump
Dragon Dance
Dragon Pulse

Flamethrower
Brick Break
Dragon Claw

Nohface (Fantine) {F}

Nature: Adamant (Special Attack reduced by *; Attack increased by *.)
Type: Ghost/Steel
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.

Abilities:

Levitate: (Innate)
This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Levitate (DW): (Innate)
This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: ***(+)
Def: ***
SpA: (-)
SpD: ***
Spe: 10

EC: 0/6

Attacks:

Scratch
Iron Defense
Lick
Odor Sleuth
Faint Attack
Shadow Sneak
Curse

Yawn
Meteor Mash
Foul Play

Will-o-Wisp
Thief
Shadow Claw

Solosis (Gavroche) {M}

Nature: Modest (Adds * to Special Attack; Subtracts * From Attack)
Type: Psyquic
Psyquic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference, Disable, Focus Blast and Recover have Energy Cost reduced by one (1)

Abilities:

Magic Guard: (Innate)
This Pokemon is infused with a powerful psycho-electric energy that makes it immune to damage from Hail, Sandstorm, and damage from Leech Seed, Poisoning, and Burn. It can still attack itself in confusion, but will not absorb any damage from it. Additionally, the energy protects the Pokemon from its own reckless recoil attacks.

Overcoat: (Innate)
This Pokemon has a sturdy exterior that rebuffs the elements, making it immune to damage inflicted by bad weather.

Regenerator (DW): (Innate)
When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and 10 HP is restored.

Stats:

Atk: *(-)
SpA: *****(+)
Spe: 20

EC: 0/9

Attacks:

Psywave
Reflect
Rollout
Snatch
Hidden Power Fire (7)
Light Screen
Charm
Recover
Psyshock

Confuse Ray
Acid Armor
Trick

Calm Mind
Psychic
Shadow Ball

Terrador14 issued the challenge; he will release his first pokemon and declare ability. Gerard will then release his first pokemon, declare ability, and issue commands. Terrador14 will issue commands, and I will ref. Okay, Terrador14, you're up!

Terrador weighed his options concerning the opposing Pokemon; all three were powerful threats, and no member of his team could beat any of the three. However, he felt like Caesar the Larvitar with the ability Guts would be the best choice.

"All right, Caesar! I choose you!"

Altough it was a hard challenge to face, the fierce Karma was up to it

First begin with Dragon Pulse, then use Hydro Pump, finish with another Dragon Pulse

Terrador eyed the opposing Bagon with distaste. Caesar would certainly have trouble taking its hits, and he certainly would have trouble significantly damaging it. Still, there was a way to minimize the amount of damage done and take successful action this turn.

"All right, Caesar. First, I want you to use Sandstorm to buffer those Special attacks and nibble at Bagon's HP. Next, I want you to use Stealth Rock, so any pokemon coming in will be damaged. Finally, I want you to use Curse to prepare for some hardcore attacking next round."

Caesar stood tall and proud after acknowledging Terrador's commands, almost as if he was daring the Bagon to take a shot at him...

Whew, this is crazy! These two trainers really are gonna battle here in quiet little Pallet Town!

90 HP
100 Energy
Boosts: none

Vs.

90 HP
100 Energy

Well, since they sent out unevolved pokemon, they can't do too much damage, right? The Bagon launches out a Dragon Pulse at the Tyranitar, hitting it so hard, it knocks it back. So long as they hit each other, nothing should go wrong. Except the Tyranitar is whipping up a bunch of dust and sand, creating a Sandstorm.

The storm is pelting the Bagon's hide, and it doesn't seem to appreciate that. It's shooting out a gigantic stream of water at Tyranitar! I think that's a Hydro Pump attack! Man, a hit like that could destroy a house! Tyranitar is practically ignoring Bagon right now, throwing rocks on top of the houses. It's setting up a Stealth Rock, I guess these guys are gonna have a big battle here...

Bagon is continuing its assault, its firing another Dragon Pulse. Tyranitar seems mad at its trainer for not ordering an attack on its opponent yet, and its Cursing, getting ready to finally let loose an attack.

Karma the Bagon
Dragon Pulse- 14 damage, 6 Energy
Hydro Pump- 26 damage, 8 Energy
Dragon Pulse- 12 damage, 6 Energy

Casesar the Larvitar
Sandstorm- 9 Energy
Stealth Rock- 11 Energy
Curse- 6 Energy

38 HP
74 Energy
Boosts: +1 Attack/Defense, -1 Speed

Vs.

86 HP
80 Energy

Sorry about the wrong numbers. That's what I get for trusting the damage calculator in the reffing thread. But I've updated it. Okay, I guess I'll reset the DQ timer. Terrador14, your new actions.

Floraedit: I was just going to swing through this thread for the tag change, but I just wanted to point out that Dragon Pulse (with STAB) is 6 Energy, not 7 Energy. You subtract 1 if it's STAB. I also fixed this for Sandstorm and Stealth Rock. Terrador's damage calcs look right though. =) You could also just say * 2.25 instead of * 1.5 * 1.5. And I guess the second (SE to Rock) was supposed to be Ground, but no biggie.

Rickheg, I sincerely believe that those calcs are wrong. For example, a 1st round Dragon Pulse would deal [9 BP + 1.5 (stat difference) + 3 (STAB) = 13.5, rounded up to 14] damage. Similarly, the 2nd round Hydro Pump should've dealt [12 BP + 1.5 (stat difference) - 2 (Sandstorm) * 1.5 (SE to Rock) * 1.5 (SE to Rock) = 25.875, rounded up to 26] damage. Finally, the last round's Dragon Pulse should have dealt [9 BP + 1.5 (stat difference) + 3 (STAB) - 2 (Sandstorm) = 11.5, rounded up to 12] damage.
Also of note, Karma should've taken 2 damage on the second action and 2 damage on the third action due to Sandstorm. Finally, Dragon Pulse costs 7 Energy, not 6.
I'll give my orders once everything gets sorted out.
-Terrador

Terrador did not like the situation with Caesar; it would certainly be KO'd this round. However, it certainly wasn't going down without a fight.

"All right, Caesar! I want you to begin with Earthquake, followed by Stone Edge, and finish it up with another Earthquake!"

While the situation wasn't looking good when the earth starting shaking, karma didn't go back one step

Ok, first use Hydro Pump, followed by another Hydro Pump, if he already died then chill, if not use Dragon Pulse to finish him

38 HP
74 Energy
Boosts: +1 Attack/Defense, -1 Speed

Vs.

86 HP
80 Energy

Man, this is crazy! I step outside for my lunch break, and I walk in on these two trainers battling. And what's worse, they look ready to cause some real damage to the surrounding houses! Although that Tyranitar looks ready to drop, certainly it won't do anything crazy before it goes down, right? RIGHT?!

That Bagon is firing another Hydro Pump at Tyranitar, and it hits dead on! Tyranitar responds by stomping its foot, causing the entire ground to shake! Uh oh, its using the Earthquake technique! Are these guys insane? We just delivered starters to all the houses, but everything is still standing for now. Another hit like that, and a house is going down, though.

It looks like Bagon is getting frustrated its opponent is still standing, its firing another Hydro Pump, and Tyranitar is too weak to dodge, and it looks like this hit finally does it! Tyranitar collapses, it looks like this contest is over, right? Certainly Terrador won't send out another pokemon, right?

0 HP
0 Energy

Vs.

63 HP
60 Energy

Terrador, your next pokemon. Then, Gerard's actions, then Terrador's actions.

Karma felt a cold breeze and knew that some cold times where coming

Ok, just Dragon Pulse, then Dragon Claw, then Dragon Pulse

90 HP
100 Energy

Vs.

63 HP
60 Energy

Man, this sandstorm is making things hard to see! I was hoping losing his Tyranitar would convince that trainer to give up the battle, but no such luck it seems. He sent out a Staryu to take its place. The Staryu launches out a Beam of Ice, hitting the Bagon dead on. The Bagon is pretty angry about the super effective hit, and responds by firing a Dragonic Pulse at the Staryu. Staryu, seeing how effective the first hit was, does it again, Ice Beaming once more. Bagon manages to get in close, using his Dragonic Claw. I guess Staryu fears creativity, firing off another Ice Beam. Doesn't it know that repeated actions will drain its energy? Bagon, barely holding on, fires off another Dragon Pulse. This sandstorm is still raging, how can these guys take it?

43 HP
67 Energy

Vs.

6 HP
43 Energy

Sandstorm for 3 more rounds

Staryu
Ice Beam x3= 13.25 (rounded down to 13) Damage, 7/11/15 Energy

Bagon
Dragon Pulse- 13.5 (rounded up to 14) Damage, 6 Energy
Dragon Claw- 12.5 (rounded up to 13) Damage, 5 Energy
Dragon Pulse- 13.5 (rounded up tp 14) Damage, 6 Energy

both pokemon- 2 Damage per round to sandstorm

Terrador14, your actions.

Terrador was glad to see that the opposing Bagon was wearing down, but it wasn't gone yet. Still, it would be a routine matter for Celeste to knock it out.

"All right, Celeste! Keep using Ice Beam until that Bagon hits the ground!"

Karma knew the end was near, but she would continue like the warrior she was

Ok my baby, just use Dragon Claw until you die (which should be the first turn)

43 HP
67 Energy

Vs.

6 HP
43 Energy

Sandstorm for 3 more rounds

Man, these two are still going at it! And that Bagon has taken one heck of a pounding! But what's this? The Staryu is firing off another Ice Beam, and Bagon has finally taken enough, it goes down.

41 HP
60 Energy

Vs.

0 HP
0 Energy

Sandstorm for 2 more rounds

Staryu
Ice Beam- 13.25 (rounded down to 13) Damage, 7 Energy
2 Damage from sandstorm

I've got a bad feeling about this. Something tells me this battle is far from over... I wonder if that Bagon's trainer will send out another pokemon...The houses look like they can survive this sandstorm, but if they get hit by another attack, they will collapse.

Gerard, your next pokemon, and actions, please.

The spirits of revenge are wispering for Karma's fall, someone will pay...

Fantine will make her pay...

First use Shadow Claw, then Yawn to make him easy to pick, then another Shadow Claw

Terrador didn't like the look of the opposing Nohface, but he knew that Celeste would put up an admirable fight before succumbing.

"All right, Celeste! I want you to use Hydro Pump, then hide from the Yawn in the southern water, then Hydro Pump again!"

41 HP
60 Energy

Vs.

100 HP
100 Energy

Sandstorm for 2 more rounds

Man, I wish these two trainers would stop fighting inside Pallet Town! I was hoping seeing his Bagon faint would encourage Gerard to stop battling, but he's sent out a Nohface! I these two aren't careful, they'll tear the whole Town down!! Andit looks like Larvitar continues to have an impact on the match, as the pointed rocks he set up at the beginning of the match are flying off the roofs and hitting Nohface, before either pokemon can even do anything.

Staryu notices it has a lot of health to get rid of, and it looks like its launching its most powerful attacks! Its getting easier to see, I can even see everything happening, and I see...a Hydro Pump!! The Nohface is still reeling from the Stealth Rock, and Staryu landed a critical hit!! The Nohface looks like she finally is getting settled, and retaliates with a Shadow Claw, nailing Staryu's leg-thingy, sending it reeling. Nohface looks kinda tired, its even Yawning. Wait, Nohface isn't actually tired, she's using her yawn to tire out Staryu. But Staryu landed so close to the water South of town, it hurried into the water before the yawn can take hold. That oughta keep it fresh and awake. Looks like we're at a stalemate, neither pokemon is moving. But wait, something is stirring from the water. Staryu just popped out of the water, and fired another Hydro Pump at Nohface, but it was a normal hit this time. Nohface is mad at taking all this extra damage, and she hits Staryu with another Shadow Claw.

Staryu
Hydro Pump (crit) 18 Damage- 7 Energy
go into the water- 6 Energy
Hydro Pump- 15 Damage- 7 Energy

Stealth Rock- 9 Damage
Sandstorm- 6 Damage to Staryu

Nohface
Shadow Claw x2- 12 Damage, 4 Energy each
Yawn- 7 Energy

11 HP
40 Energy

Vs.

55 HP
85 Energy

Sandstorm for one more turn

11 HP
40 Energy

Vs.

55 HP
85 Energy

Sandstorm for this last turn

Geez, these two trainers are out of their minds! This one guy, Terrador, is keeping his Staryu in against the Nohface of this other trainer, Gerard. The two are really going at it, and the nearby houses of once-peaceful Pallet Town are nearly ready to collapse!

Hey, wait a minute, I swear there was a Nohface there... oh, I see! It's turned into a Shadow! And now its Sneaking around to behind Staryu. Now its solidifying, and it hit Staryu! Staryu finally found the Nohface, and fired another Hydro Pump, hurting Nohface good!

But wait, what's this? It looks like the sandstorm has been hurting the Staryu, so much, that Staryu has fainted! If only Staryu had managed to hold on a little longer, the sandstorm has ended, too. Man, please tell me that Terrador guy won't send out another pokemon, right?

0 HP
0 Energy

Vs.

40 HP
83 Energy

Staryu
Hydro Pump- 15 Damage, 7 Energy

Nohface- 8.5 (rounded up to 9) Damage, 2 Energy

Sandstorm- 2 Damage to Staryu

I'll take the liberty of sending out Terrador14's Draco the Charmander. Gerard, your actions, please.

By the way, the RNG has been pretty good to you guys, I don't think a move has missed yet, has it? I'm thinking if a decently powered move misses, I'm thinking it will bring down a house. Pallet Town is pretty small, after all. A poorly aimed move, it'd make sense it would hit a house. Your thoughts, guys?

First I think fantine is a little tired so she'll Yawn, then Shadow Claw to get the sleepeness away, and use Shadow Snake to hit him from behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)