Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3v3
Singles
2 Recovers, 5 Chills per Pokemon
36 Hr DQ

Arena: Mt. Moon Springs
This area is on the outside of Mt. Moon's face, close to the peak (but not close enough to deprive anything of oxygen). It is open to the sky, and is inside the crater left by the ancient Meteorite. that can be broken to yield loose rocks. Inside there is a ring of spires surrounding the ring itself; they are small and easily broken with any striking move and completely blasted away with a powerful Special move; either situation yields loose rocks around the arena. The spring in the center is approxiamately 25 ft. across and circular in shape, but not particularly deep. A fountain rises from the center. The area around the spires is spacious and covered with lush grasses.

Also, note that this is my first ASB battle; I'm not worth an experienced player's time.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GK said:
ok i need to do at least one doubles battle, so i'm stealing an arena and everything so i can get the hang of it too :D

Battle Type: 2v2 doubles
Move stuff: 2 rec- 5 chills
DQ: 2 Days
Arena: the Colosseum. Yes, the one in Rome. If the emperor (ref) deems the battle too uneventful, wild pokemon may be released from their cages in order to add some oomph to the fight.

please be nice to me :(
Romeert said:
I'll battle you GoldenKnight!

Switch=OK
All abilities
Items Allowed
I'll ref this. PM teams!

Still waiting for my team to be given the ok, but I think it should be fine for me to put in for a battle too (?). If so..

3 vs 3 Singles Battle
48 hr DQ time
2 recovery, 5 chills

Arena: Riverside

This battle is taking place alongside a river in the Hoen region. It's not a raging river but there is a noticeable flow to carry a pokemon at higher than normal speed along it. The east side of the river is a grassy area, about 2 inches high and with three medium sized rocks scattered around it. The rocks are big enough to hide behind but also small enough to be broken by a strong enough attack. The west side is the beginning of a dense, dark forest. Even the bravest of pokemon would be wary on entering it considering what could be lurking within.

3v3
Singles
2 Recovers, 5 Chills per Pokemon
36 Hr DQ

Arena: Mt. Moon Springs
This area is on the outside of Mt. Moon's face, close to the peak (but not close enough to deprive anything of oxygen). It is open to the sky, and is inside the crater left by the ancient Meteorite. that can be broken to yield loose rocks. Inside there is a ring of spires surrounding the ring itself; they are small and easily broken with any striking move and completely blasted away with a powerful Special move; either situation yields loose rocks around the arena. The spring in the center is approxiamately 25 ft. across and circular in shape, but not particularly deep. A fountain rises from the center. The area around the spires is spacious and covered with lush grasses.

Also, note that this is my first ASB battle; I'm not worth an experienced player's time.
I'll accept your challenge. I'm not new, but I'll use my 3 newest/weakest pokes.

Switch=KO
All Abilities
No items
I'll ref this, my first reffing :3 Sending a PM to get your teams now.

EDIT: Also while I'm here I'll accept deadfox's challenge as well.
Switch = KO
All abilities
No items.
Ref please?

I'll ref this, my first reffing :3 Sending a PM to get your teams now.

EDIT: Also while I'm here I'll accept deadfox's challenge as well.
Switch = KO
All abilities
No items.
Ref please?
I'll ref. (This will be my first reffing as well!)

Please PM me your teams. Thanks!

Still looking for a battle...
3 vs 3 singles
DQ: 2-3 days
2 recovers, 5 chills

Arena: The haunted woods, Halloween land! A desrted land with abandoned houses and dead trees. not a lot of vegetation but theres a mud pound in the north of the arena, there's a lot of silence and the weather is always dark and cloudy, Who knows what evil lurks within these environs? Read scary stories, embark on chilling quests, and beware the beast that lurks behind the tree...

Still looking for a battle...
3 vs 3 singles
DQ: 2-3 days
2 recovers, 5 chills

Arena: The haunted woods, Halloween land! A desrted land with abandoned houses and dead trees. not a lot of vegetation but theres a mud pound in the north of the arena, there's a lot of silence and the weather is always dark and cloudy, Who knows what evil lurks within these environs? Read scary stories, embark on chilling quests, and beware the beast that lurks behind the tree...
Challenge accepted!
switch KO
1 ability
no items

I think it's a little strange that relatively unexperienced battlers like Gerard and deadfox are opting not to accept each other's challenges and instead go toe-to-toe with more experienced people who they have a significantly lower likelihood of winning against. :0

I wasn't really here when he send the challenge (i would have accepted right off) and i just wanted to have a fight, i would love to have an "easier" chalengue but for now i at least want a little experience

PS: why not to create a beginner's tower so first time players can have a "equal" challengue against opponents of their same tier?

You reposted your challenge after he made his, Gerard. *shrug* I understand the sentiment and I kinda like the idea, but I don't really think a whole 'nother thread would be exceptionally worthwhile just for beginners. :0 I know it's a lot to ask of newbies to seek each other out when they're unfamiliar with the system, but I think that's something that they gotta do.

Speaking of beginners in the Battle Tower...

Open Challenge
3v3 Singles
2 Recovers/5 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: Pallet Town

Nostalgia for the victory. At any rate, Pallet Town isn't a particularly large arena - fifty meters by fifty meters or so. There are four residences there: one in the northwest, one in the northeast, one in the southwest, and one in the southeast. Should your Pokemon destroy one or more of those houses with moves like Earthquake, etc. during any given round, a neutral natured Charmander, Squirtle, or Bulbasaur (determined randomly) will use its signature move (Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, or Frenzy Plant, respectively) on the Pokemon that caused the damage. Once that Pokemon is determined, it will be the same Pokemon throughout the entire fight (ex. I break Ash's house with Hurricane; Bulbasaur is randomly chosen to use Frenzy Plant. Later, my opponent shatters the other homes with Earthquake; Bulbasuar uses Frenzy Plant on him). To the north is Route 1; you can retreat into the tall grasses to increase evasion, but you risk being struck by a wayward Pidgey or Rattata Tackle. To the south is the beginning of the path to Cinnabar Island, ideal for Water-Types.

Summary:
- Medium-sized arena
- Water to the south
- Four homes near the corners; should you break one, a random Kanto starter will use its Hyper Beam equivalent on you. Same starter for multiple occurences.
- Tall grass to the north increases Evasion by 5% if you hide in it, but if you're in the grass at the end of the round, you have a 50% chance of being hit by a 2 Atk STAB Tackle from a wayward Pidgey or Rattata.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so i've got another battle slot open and am gonna steal an arena/battle type again

Battle Type: 6 v 6 mini brawl (with two actions per pokemon)
DQ: 1 day for battler, 3 for refs
Moves etc: NO Recoveries/Chills
Arena: Tropical Island- Sandy beach, ocean, palm trees

i have enough pokemon that i can play with anyone

so i've got another battle slot open and am gonna steal an arena/battle type again

Battle Type: 6 v 6 mini brawl (with two actions per pokemon)
DQ: 1 day for battler, 3 for refs
Moves etc: NO Recoveries/Chills
Arena: Tropical Island- Sandy beach, ocean, palm trees

i have enough pokemon that i can play with anyone
*points* BATTTTLLLLLLEEEEEEE

- 1 ability
- no items
- switch = okay (unless you REEEEALLLY hate it in which case I'll reconsider)

I'l take your challenge Terrador, i still have 1 slot and i better use it with someone on my level

Swich=KO
1 ability
no items

Speaking of beginners in the Battle Tower...

Open Challenge
3v3 Singles
2 Recovers/5 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: Pallet Town

Nostalgia for the victory. At any rate, Pallet Town isn't a particularly large arena - fifty meters by fifty meters or so. There are four residences there: one in the northwest, one in the northeast, one in the southwest, and one in the southeast. Should your Pokemon destroy one or more of those houses with moves like Earthquake, etc. during any given round, a neutral natured Charmander, Squirtle, or Bulbasaur (determined randomly) will use its signature move (Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, or Frenzy Plant, respectively) on the Pokemon that caused the damage. Once that Pokemon is determined, it will be the same Pokemon throughout the entire fight (ex. I break Ash's house with Hurricane; Bulbasaur is randomly chosen to use Frenzy Plant. Later, my opponent shatters the other homes with Earthquake; Bulbasuar uses Frenzy Plant on him). To the north is Route 1; you can retreat into the tall grasses to increase evasion, but you risk being struck by a wayward Pidgey or Rattata Tackle. To the south is the beginning of the path to Cinnabar Island, ideal for Water-Types.

Summary:
- Medium-sized arena
- Water to the south
- Four homes near the corners; should you break one, a random Kanto starter will use its Hyper Beam equivalent on you. Same starter for multiple occurences.
- Tall grass to the north increases Evasion by 5% if you hide in it, but if you're in the grass at the end of the round, you have a 50% chance of being hit by a 2 Atk STAB Tackle from a wayward Pidgey or Rattata.
I'l take your challenge Terrador, i still have 1 slot and i better use it with someone on my level

Swich=KO
1 ability
no items
I'll take this one. PM me teams and I'll get the thread up.

I'm new here and this is my first match.

3v3
Singles
DQ Time: 3 days
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per poke
Arena: Lake Valor Shoreline
A peaceful grass area besides the Lake Valor. There is no folage except for reeds and lilypads in the shallow water. There's a nice breeze coming off the lake. The ground is soft easy to dig in. Because of the water, the grass is moist and will not catch fire.

Summary:
Water/reeds/lilypads provide 5% extra evasion
Digging is allowed
Type bonus for Water and Grass
Lots of flying room for aerial battling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)