1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Deck Knight, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBCWK

    JBCWK

    Joined:
    May 3, 2010
    Messages:
    88
    I'll ref it then. PM teams.
  2. Venser

    Venser

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2010
    Messages:
    1,638
    I'll accept this battle.

    Switch=ko
    two abilities
    no items
  3. elDino

    elDino Deal With It.
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2010
    Messages:
    1,489
    I'll ref the above. Pm me your teams.
  4. Lady Salamence

    Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2010
    Messages:
    3,993
    Special chall to Objection.

    1v1 Singles
    DQ: 4 days
    2 Recovers/5 chills
    Arena:
    standard Pokemon stadium

    let's keep it simple, fellows!
  5. Objection

    Objection

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2008
    Messages:
    5,695
    Accepting.

    Switch = trogdor
    No items
    All abilities
  6. Lady Salamence

    Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2010
    Messages:
    3,993
  7. rickheg

    rickheg

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2009
    Messages:
    2,536
    I'll ref Lady Salamence and Objection, if you don't mind it being my first reffing match. PM me teams
  8. Dummy007

    Dummy007

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2009
    Messages:
    2,905
    Looking for my first battle.

    3 vs 3 Singles
    DQ: 3 days for players, 5 days for ref
    2 Recovers/5 Chills
    Arena: Final Destination

    [​IMG]

    A flat stage, roughly 50' x 30' on top. Clinging onto the lower edges is possible, but only if the Pokemon has enhanced grabbing capabilities beyond standard arms and legs (e.g., Aipom's tail, Octillery's suction cups, Tentacool's tentacles, etc.) Occasionally (5% chance at the end of a turn), Master Hand will appear and grab one or both competitors, inflicting 10 damage and requiring the use of an action to escape from.
  9. Leethoof

    Leethoof

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2011
    Messages:
    2,452
    I accpet your challenge Dummy007!

    Don't worry I am new too. However, we will have to wait to start until my Swablu is done role-playing at the dojo. (according to rules, you canot role-play a poke and fight with it at the same time, I think)

    Switch:KO
    Items:never
    All Abilities, oh yeah!
  10. Objection

    Objection

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2008
    Messages:
    5,695
    I'll ref you two if you like Dummy007 and Leethoof.

    PM me your teams of 3.
  11. Lady Salamence

    Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2010
    Messages:
    3,993
    open chall
    1 vs 1 singles
    DQ: 4 days
    2 Recovers/5 Chills
    Arena: Smogon University
    Show Hide

    [​IMG]

    Smogon's very own University. There's an average of 300 people wandering around it at any giving time, and if there happens to be a miss, it has a 75% chance of hitting someone, and then they will viciously attack your Pokemon, losing 20 hp.
  12. Tortferngatr

    Tortferngatr

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2009
    Messages:
    2,628
    I volunteer to ref whoever comes in. *crosses fingers and hopes to God it's a doubles/triples battle for max TC to time ratio.*
  13. Temperantia

    Temperantia

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2011
    Messages:
    1,883
    Hehe, I accept Banryu's challenge.

    Triples
    Switch=KO
    No items
    All Abilities

    I'll PMTortferngatr my team
  14. Romeert

    Romeert

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2011
    Messages:
    368
    I'll battle.

    Switch=KO
    Items Allowed
    All Abilities
  15. Lady Salamence

    Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2010
    Messages:
    3,993
    OK. Now all we need is a ref.
  16. Athenodoros

    Athenodoros Official Smogon Know-It-All

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2010
    Messages:
    4,936
    I'll ref. PM your squads.
  17. Its_A_Random

    Its_A_Random The imitated
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Moderator

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2010
    Messages:
    2,361
    Alright, I might try my hand at triples now...

    OPEN CHALLENGE
    3v3 Triples (2 Actions per turn)
    2 Day DQ Time
    Max 2 Recoveries & 5 Chills per Pokemon
    Arena: Busy Highway (Using this one again, since it was a fun arena to battle on)
    A busy highway with constant high speed traffic. Battling takes place on top of the vehicles. Fall off and you could be roadkill.
    At the end of each action, all Pokemon not on cars will be hit by cars. There was a 50% that a hybrid would come (5 dmg), a 30% chance that a truck would come (7 dmg), and a 20% chance a tanker would come (10 dmg).

    Anyone up for a round? Also, evolved Pokemon will be used.
  18. Athenodoros

    Athenodoros Official Smogon Know-It-All

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2010
    Messages:
    4,936
    ^Reffing this
  19. Doran Dragon

    Doran Dragon

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2010
    Messages:
    1,182
    I'll take the challenge Its_a_random
  20. Deck Knight

    Deck Knight DK! DK! Donkey Kong is here!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Moderator

    Joined:
    May 27, 2005
    Messages:
    7,612
    It's been a while, I need to stretch my legs now that I've gotten some work done.

    2vs2 Singles
    3 Day DQ
    2 Recovery Moves and 5 Chills per Pokemon.

    Arena: Solarium of the Giants

    This truly massive arena is noteworthy not only for its scale, but its fine architecture. The room is a gigantic covered solarium with a ceiling that allows the sun to shine down on the beautiful alabaster floors. The room itself is circular and at least 200 feet in diameter, with a high ceiling of 100 feet. Slabs of finely crafted marble shapes encircle the arena with perfect symmetry, standing 20 feet apart.

    The rough ground of the arena is vulnerable to seismic activity and can be dug through, but only by Pokemon with sufficient expertise. The floor material is indeed very hard. If a weather move is used it can affect the outside, however it will not have any internal effects (e.g. Rain Dance can block out the sun and diminish Solarbeam's effectiveness, but water moves will not increase power inside the Solarium, nor will Thunder benefit. Likewise, Sunny Day will boost Synthesis and benefit Solarbeam, but will not boost Fire-type attacks. Sandstorm and Hail will not work as field effects, as the arena is too large for any debris. Smaller scale uses with Pokemon-made Ice or Sand/Rubble can be used however.

    Like the rest of the arena, the thickness of the glass in the solarium is upsized in scale. Attempts to break it will be futile, and the 100 foot climb will be quite draining.
  21. Lord Jesseus

    Lord Jesseus

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2009
    Messages:
    4,030
    ill ref that once you have an opponent.
  22. Venser

    Venser

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2010
    Messages:
    1,638
    Deck_Knight, you're on!

    Switch=OK
    No items
    Two Abilities
  23. The Shiny Umbreon

    The Shiny Umbreon

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2010
    Messages:
    213
    Time for my first battle! Whoever takes this might have to put up with mild confusion on my part, given the whole "first battle" thing. Hopefully not, but we'll see.

    Open Battle
    3v3 Singles
    3 day DQ
    2 Heals/5 Chills
    Arena (saw this a couple pages back and liked it):
  24. JBCWK

    JBCWK

    Joined:
    May 3, 2010
    Messages:
    88
    ^Reffing that.
  25. LupusAter

    LupusAter

    Joined:
    Apr 19, 2009
    Messages:
    1,084
    Me and DarthVader still need a ref.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)